Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)
perfectly-nintendo.com/etrian-odyssey-v-demo-version-pre-loading-launching-july-20th/

>EOV color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

>EOV character randomizer
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/charamake/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z
perfectly-nintendo.com/etrian-odyssey-v-demo-version-pre-loading-launching-july-20th/
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM
crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no demo in the op

shit thread

if your demo party doesn't have this Cestus voiced by Misaki Kuno you are not playing it correctly

hound is so fun

>having voices on at all

For the next thread. Got rid of the character randomizer that doesn't actually give random results, or that many kinds of results, for that matter.

>pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

>EO V demo .cia link

Previous thread:

What do we do if Atlus removes voice options for EO V's dub, so that you can't just do a simple voice file swap to make an undub?

>Class is called Hound
>the Hawk is better
might as well just call the class Hunter

>implying it won't be Hunter in the Western version

then we play without voices and nothing of value is lost

Why keep the demo news if you're already giving the demo link?

Play without voices?

I'm sure they know people can make undubs by now so they'll probably do whatever they did to make Untold 1 undubable

But then they'd need to change Herbalist's name.

I just did a quick copy and paste. I don't actually read the news section:

pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Color Editor
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

>EO V Demo .cia Link

Previous Thread:

Why even have the demo up at all? That just means people are gonna keep asking for translations or how to even use it in the first place

If a no name company like Xseed can get dual audio, why the fuck can't Atlus get it?

They're charging $10 extra for games anyway.

>pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

>EO V demo .cia link

Previous thread:

Fixed, but great idea.

We'll go full Allahu Akbar against Atlus

Posting PR lies.
Don't be naïve user

>No slouches
>Arianna and Hannah's everything; Regina, Abigail and Black Guardian's acting; Artelinde's casting; Hoffman not being voiced by Michael McConnohie like he was in Trauma Center, even though he also would've made for a better Cass (though Thornton was still pretty good as both)

XSeed can't get it for all of their games – especially Falcom ones, which I don't think have ever had Japanese audio. For all we know, Atlus Japan is just as backwards as Falcom is when it comes to international VO contracts.

Because they're lazy jews that will cry about how much licensing costs or how it's not a simple yes or no question. And they charge the Atlus tax because they know they can get away with it. They used the excuse with SMT4 that it was a speedy localization,and it's true, though EOU was just as fast and they didn't charge for that one. After that they just decided, "fuck it, this retarded fanbase will defend whatever we do" and just keep the extra 10 dollars for no fucking reason, look at EOU2, it took 9 fucking months and they still gave us dub onry.

>it took 9 fucking months
Hey, man. Translating two pages that hold a CD is hard work.

>Misaki Kuno
Which one is that again?

They would already have to change Herbalist's name. Or they could just write their symbols as Hu/Ho and He, like they did in U2. Personally, I'd prefer if they just called them Rangers.

Im just hoping they get lazy but not too lazy. I need this undub

>Took nine months
>Typos, bad line-breaking, and inconsistently-translated terms
>he text for the very first food buff goes outside its text box
What was Atlus doing? Where was the QA?

We are very proud of our localization team.
Now fuck off.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS

オドオド , I think its 36 or something

I'm pretty sure they didn't localize eou in under 2 months

It was a bit more than 3, though nothing they've released in the last couple of years has been that fast and yet they still charge us extra. The only exception being EMD

that makes this
even worse

Didn't they also use EO II's translation as a base, to the point that there are entire conversations that refer to content that was removed for U2?

Those were Index times...

Is there an image showing the specialization skills we know so far?

>standard enemies that petrify on the 2nd floor

Ok.

got my hardest boner in months by giving generic therian girl brown skin

DANCU TIMU DA

>owlbear wipes the front row on the last turn before he is killed
classic EO

>3 names that start with "A"
>2 of them start with "Al"

A utism

>tfw no absolute madman voice that shouts YATTE YARUZE

>A
>A
>A

it's ok, it wears off after battle or a few turns and doesn't game over if everyone is stoned

>not going full Aria on your party
I bet you don't even hahi~

I wish it did...

Which OP class combinations should I avoid to make EO3 fun again?

Should I restat everything that has a Gladiator subclass? And My Ninja/Zodiac too? What else?

The ones I can remember right away are:
Anyone/Gladiator: why think if you can just use Charge+physical skill all day?
Ninja/Zodiac: free skills for everyone, might be fun until you get bored of that though
Shogun/Buccaneer + Anyone/Shogun: Swashbuckling party followed by Warrior's Might, is broken as fuck but also pretty damn fun

I want Oldgoon to be my dad

Get a farmer.
Sleep for everyone.
This farmer lasted throughout the main story for me.

Just use all the cutest portraits.

Sega bought Atlus in 2013, user.

is Strange Seeds as good as I thought it looked? I never got around to using a main Farmer but Strange Seeds always looked like such a neat skill considering I used my Wildling for binds.

Who's this semen demon

Post your bets for EOU3 voice actors.
>Yuri Lowenthal for Kujura

>implying Yuri wouldn't voice dumb ninja kid faggot who gets killed
I forget his name.

Oh god, I'm hearing it in my head now.

>Yuri Lowenthal voices everyone
>Even the princess

Nah, he'll get Vic Mcherpaderp.

which necromancer ability heals

I can't read shit

Topmost one on the Right.

Need 2 points in Summon Spirit.

the one with a heart icon

list all the eo games in terms of difficulty on their middle difficuty (normal for 4)

4 doesn't have a middle difficulty, nor does 1, 2, or 3. So I guess EOU is harder than EOU2 on Normal because the Grimoire system isn't as good.

I'm too lazy. All I can say is that one of the Untolds would be at the top and 4 would be at the bottom.

Cmon man I just wanna know where 3 is

thats the only one I havent played

Not that hard, subclasses break the game etc

I'd put it somewhere in the middle. Subclassing is broken, but you don't have stuff like nerfed dragons from 4.

Based on "default" difficulty, I'd say
EO2
EO1
EOU2
EO3
EOU
EOU2 Story
EOU Story
EO4

What exactly does "default" mean for the untolds? And why did you have story mode separate?

>What exactly does "default" mean for the untolds?
Standard or whatever
>And why did you have story mode separate?
Because they're easier than Classic

>Because they're easier than Classic

They're the exact same and you're crazy if you think Standard mode is harder than 3 or even 4. I don't remember it being a "standard" to get retries after dying in a battle.

>They're the exact same
You don't even fight true Primevil/Yggdrasil Core in the main game of Untold. It's a postgame fight.

"The localised name (In English) from the demo Streetpassing Jpn Copies of the demo is "Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Legends"."

Did anyone check it out?

Yes. That's what it says when you install the .cia.

That goes for classic too know you

I think he's saying that since you fight Primevil in the story mode of EOU, along with all the other Gladsheim bosses, that EOU Story and EOU (Classic) should be judged separately.

Hello friends. Is there anything close to a general consensus on what the best 3DS EO title is? I can't guarantee that I'll play the game to an adequate degree but I'll possibly try.

EOU2 is technically the "best", but I would start with IV if you're new or just want to get into the series.

untold 2 is the superior remake, 4 is a solid new entry
recommending both

General consensus on best is EO2U, but usually IV is recommended as a first game if starting on the 3DS.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon

So I should probably start with IV then. Okay. Stupid question I'm sure but could either of you tell me where I could find a basic "what classes form a decent party and which skills are worth leveling to X amount on each class" guide?

I actually own IV but I've never played more than a couple of hours and I don't remember shit so I would (obviously) restart.

IV is the best starting point, III is incredibly enjoyable, U2 is the largest and most refined.

>recommending without telling about all those DLCs

Wew lads.

Check the OP pastebins, they're not just for decoration.

How was that anyway? The first and only MD game I played was the new one and I really enjoyed it.

I'll likely go with IV then. I start grad school soon so I have about a month of free time for vidya left.

It's still the best even without DLCs

I always thought that he'd make a better Eldest One or prince of Amoroad. Robbie Daymond would make a good Kujura, but he already voiced Hrothgar. But then again, Atlus has already reused actors across games, and there's only been two Untolds.

>all the completely optional DLC
Sorry, I forgot.

Here's the skill sim, if you like hard numbers: crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

As for party makeup, I would say a Runemaster is a must, especially for newbies. I would also highly recommend a Fortress for someone new, but there are some who would disagree. Either way, both of those classes offer heavy damage mitigation through various guard skills and the base elemental Runes which are just mindblowingly versatile.

EO4 had DLC?
All I remember are QR codes, which are completely free.

>a whole class locked behind DLC
>optional

Your ass is more optional.

The pastebin has a skill simulator, but I don't think it was ever finished.
As for classes, it doesn't hurt to experiment since you only lose two levels upon resetting and it's easy to level up. A nice cookie cutter party would be the one on the cover.

Apparently you don't know what "optional" means.

I did but I'm a shitter who would be better off with a clear guide although I reckon I can check gamefaqs while I'm thinking about it. I appreciate the information presented within the EOIV starter pastebin but, new to all this, I am immediately drowning in information that I would never be able to memorize right off the bat.