/agdg/ - Aspirant Game Developer Generation

Shortened OP Edition // Previous Thread: This is a thread for amateur and aspiring game developers and anyone interested in the field.
The OP you're used to is here:
>pastebin.com/geTiMLWZ

Even older helpful links can be found at:
>alloyed.github.io/agdg-links/

NEWS:
• Space Jam! A game jam themed around space, not the Charles Barkley movie.
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

• Final Demo Day Nine is complete! No one won. It was (Not) a competition.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9

• The first ever Demo Day Ten begins soon!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

• Beta /AGDG/ Website
tools.aggydaggy.com/#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VrRv0nVz-g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>make game requires experience with/knowledge of art, animation, math, music, physics, programming, and writing
don't think i'm gonna make it bros

some say it was made by a taiwanese guy who got who murdered his grandma who was supporting his neet life

Level dev is part of game dev.

it's alright to just lift spell/abilities names from DnD, right

dude just use Scratch

God is a Cube dev here.
I made the logo of my studio first, which is surely stupid, and now I'm looking for a name.

(and I will maybe change the logo)

Which name should I give to my studio?
You are free to submit again the cool names you had last time if you still think they are cool.

The trailer for the ones who don't know God is a Cube:
youtube.com/watch?v=3VrRv0nVz-g

>2016
>Not being a multi-disciplinary autodidact

Seriously though get a team. Then the only thing you'll need to do is save up those autismbux.

check this game dev dubs

real new thread
real new thread

i love makig game!!!

A lot of that can be substituted or is done for you by an engine. Like, instead of cutesy sprites, why not use vector shapes? It's just as cool, but way easier.

youtu.be/RecW9bM4Qwg

wtf I hate demoday now

Yeah. A lot of them are very generic, like "fireball" or "wall of blades". IIRC the system itself is "open source" too.

same

You guys just like that because of an anime OP.

me on the left

Man, this is way worse than that trippy old trailer you had.

Naval settings are pretty cool

>you have to perfect drawing straight lines and curves to control pen.
Yeah, no. There's a reason that people have invented various tools for that, and why people don't do drafting freehand.

I swear, like 90% of art books exist solely to make art seem as tedious and unfun as possible. It's like they're afraid of new competition or something.

its also a pretty good anime

What the fuck are you doing

my post from the other thread: that logo sucks. go check out some books on graphic design and trademarksandsymbols.com

for the studio name go with something simple unique and memorable, like cube brain

If you wanna do art, I recommend picking up a copy of Dynamic Drawing.

It's more geared for people and animations, but still. I'll try to find an upload of it in the meantime.

This. Most artists can still draw well with their non-dominant hands. The lines are shakier, sure, but the actual skill of where to PUT those lines is mental.

>I swear, like 90% of art books exist solely to make art seem as tedious and unfun as possible. It's like they're afraid of new competition or something.
Most artists learned how to draw very easily. You rarely see accomplished artists who had to actually work at learning how to draw.

I'm not talking technique or style or perspective or anatomy, I'm talking the bare-bones, essential skill of putting something on paper and having it look like what you want it to look like. All the other stuff is about changing "what you want it to look like" into something actually good.

fuck no, hogarth is a terrible place to start with figure drawing. pick up Figure Drawing: Design and Invention by Hampton instead. here's the pdf bit ly1N6Zx8t

>You rarely see accomplished artists who had to actually work at learning how to draw.
It's not that they "didn't have to work", it's that the time they put in wasn't perceived as work.

I have a sister who draws beautifully, and she only does because she spent a lot of time drawing as a child, and then more time drawing as a teenager, and continued drawing as an adult because she finds drawing to be fun.

>I'm talking the bare-bones, essential skill of putting something on paper and having it look like what you want it to look like.
No part of that is making absolutely perfect circles and perfectly straight lines. If you need a straight line, use a credit card. If you need a circle, find a piece of yarn and a nail. Or go shell out a dollar for a geometry set.

>All the other stuff is about changing "what you want it to look like" into something actually good.
That's design, not art.

>hogarth
who

Now pixel woman has a walk, a run, and an idle animation. She also got glasses, and she checks her nails if you don't move for some time.