Pic related for sale in my area

>pic related for sale in my area
>super clean, garage kept, no rust
>135,000 miles
>$10,000
Should I avoid or not? It's priced below average for that mileage. I've heard that turbo cars don't handle miles like non turbos, and 135,000 is too many when buying one of these.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

touch.bismanonline.com/content/action/Search/?searchCategoryId=sc10&ao_8=Subaru&ao_3=WRX&autoSearchYear_Start=&autoSearchYear_End=&autoSearchPriceStart=&autoSearchPriceEnd=&poN=&poC=&ao_12=&poR=&app_track=com-AutoSearch35
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5555308464.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gotta be a scam

I can't say I'm the expert but, $10,000 for a turbo'd 135k car?

That is a fucking gamble and a half. May be a good deal, but I would be sure you had enough for any repairs, etc. that may arise in the future, ya know?

>3rd engine
>2nd transmission

Turbos put a lot more strain on engines so that's why. Check with the seller (if he's even legit and replies) what the maintainence record is, see what's been done, replaced, fixed and when. Still, seems fishy.

>Turbos put a lot more strain on engines so that's why
Wat

It's a dealership. I'm guessing that they got it in cheap as a trade in.

True. What is prone to failure on a STI?

Everything

Look up how a turbo works in relation to the engine. As opposed to an na, it's a lot more stress.

>young co worker
>buys 05 sti 90k miles
>paying more than me for an 11 year old car
>horrible insurance horrible payments
>oil leak
>turbo goes
>rear ends a car on the freeway

If you're under 25 and still live at home or can barely make it don't do it, you'll need a slush fund of at least 6k$ to be safe.

Lmao OP do you happen to live near Tampa

Every single WRX and STI has been beat to fuck and back. They are boy racer cars and treated as such.

No, in the day the only people that could afford them were older 20 early 30 year olds, also before the whole ken block teenagers adoring them happened. Before Subaru became big like it is now. Look at its shares in the last 15 years, it's tripled.

Now those people that had them back then have moved on to family vehicles and shit the Honda Civic entitled live above my means kids got a hold of them. Then those kids grow up and hand them down to even worse kids.

>but 20 years ago they wernt beat to fuck because children could afford to buy them brand new
Yes we arnt arguing that.

>touch.bismanonline.com/content/action/Search/?searchCategoryId=sc10&ao_8=Subaru&ao_3=WRX&autoSearchYear_Start=&autoSearchYear_End=&autoSearchPriceStart=&autoSearchPriceEnd=&poN=&poC=&ao_12=&poR=&app_track=com-AutoSearch35

>28,000
HAHAHAHA

>add says 63 000 miles
>new bumper and hood
>obvious writeoff repair from front end collision
>e85
>muffler delete
Someone burnt their shitty rice

The sad part is that some spoiled kid out there is gonna make his parents waste 28,000 on it

>garage kept
135k miles
Lol

>replaced the bottom end along with a lot of other stuff around 50,000 miles do too low compression in two cylinders
>I will be dipping the car in the next week ($1500dip job)
>Had the car dyno'ed at Map(Minn) Few months before I swapped motors
>Clean retail was $26,725 With All Parts I Have Installed, New tires,Aftermarket Speakers and Sub/Amp, And new Dip Job I'm About to do that would cost $1500+
>I'm Asking 28,500

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5555308464.html
Should i hop on it?

The only red flag is why would a low mileage car with no issues need all that new fluid. That's not usually something you do unless it needs done.

DONT BUY IT SUBARU DESIGNS ENGINES THAT ONLY RUN FOR 136,000 MILES

BUMP

Subarus are badass m8.

But seriously don't buy one unless you are willing to do the repairs it may need. These thighs are... Sensitive and often abused hard

Not sure if spelling error...

Kek

Thats quite a few miles for a wrx desu. Things to look out for are:
1. Timing Belt
2. Head Gasket
3. Transmission
4. Turbo
5. Diff and shafts etc
6. Suspension (mine only has 70K miles on it and the suspension is clunk city)

Also 10K seems like way too much, this car in Australia would be maybe 12K or something with those kind of miles. I wouldnt buy it unless it was a lot cheaper.

haggle to 8700