What is the general consensus of this thing?

what is the general consensus of this thing?
is it a meme car?
I've been suddenly really god damn interested in this vulva looking mobile simply because it screams "fun".
between this, the focus ST and the caliber SRT4 which one should I buy as a daily fun yet fast vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's really small and gay at least get the focus

It became a forced meme after it got spammed for several weeks.

It's a solid car, light, and has a pretty good aftermarket. It's plenty spacious inside, also practical. It's like a more practical Toyobaru with a little less room for tuning.

Are we just ignoring the superior Mazdaspeed 3?

I thought Ford tuned that 1.6L turbo so much it can't offer that much aftermarket aside from a bigger turbo
either ways a lightweight turbo egg-machine must be fun as hell
looking for some insight from FoST and FiST owners.

>FWD

No, you get an additional 40whp and 60-80tq out of the stock turbo as long as you upgrade the intercooler. After that you need to go big turbo to see any more gains.

Pretty much this, nothing wrong with the car so it's become a meme. Conventional Veeky Forums arguments other than 'FF lol' don't really apply to it.

Everyone always does.
And ignore all fords massive issues.

40whp and 60 tq just from an upgraded intercooler out of a 1.6L turbo? that's hard to believe

I like them. They look like pretty dope cars whenever I see them on the street.

Well, an upgraded intercooler and a protune. You're not going to see any gains on any modern car just from changing out components without tuning for them.

what would be the better option? Focus or Fiesta, homosexuality aside. My girlfriend says it looks gay (fiesta)

I've got the Focus ST, personally I like the little bit of extra space it gives and think it looks a little better than the Fiesta. You can feel the extra weight in the corners, but some springs and sway bars helped fix that.

Personally I think they're both fantastic cars, go for the Focus if you feel the extra space is valuable (I regularly haul around 3 other adults from work), or get the Fiesta if you're cool with the size and looks.

This is true. There's a very reputable tuner who tunes Si's, he posted two dyno results comparing a stock k24 Si with a tune to a K24 Si with bolt on intake, exhaust, down pipe on stock tune. The Si with no bolt ons and the tune showed higher peak hp and torque. Plus a better power curve with no knocks or misfires.

Question, are tunes covered under warranty? I've heard mixed reports, saying shit like Cobb exhausts and Stage II upgrades are, but anything more than that isn't.

To the best of my knowledge, most tunes are not. Personally I wouldn't chance it. Make sure you have the stock tune loaded up on your AccessPort and switch it back if you have to take the car in for warranty work.

The answer is yes and no. Technically dealerships are required to prove whatever modification you made caused the issue you're having in order to deny a warranty claim, however some dealers may just deny it at the first sign of modification and other dealers will warranty a vehicle after an engine swap (I know someone who sued a dealership and won after they refused to cover a warranty claim on an engine swapped car).

If you're really concerned about your warranty, don't make any modifications to your vehicle.

I've heard Volkswagen has some tunes that are covered under warranty. I haven't heard anything for FiST though. The most popular tune for the FiST is the COBB tune. Which will most definitely void any warranty.

There's no reason to do this, as when you reflash your ECU your ignition cycles counter resets. The dealership will be able to tell if you were tuned previously, if your engine has exceeded factory parameters, etc regardless of what tune you bring it to the dealership with.

At least with Fords.

Interesting; I'd not heard that before. Will most dealers care? Or even know to look? Is it a common thing for them to pay attention to?

Do not buy a caliber for the love of god

mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

Only 'Warranty Approved' Fiesta tune, dealers may still give you trouble for it though and you may have to go through Ford Performance to get claims approved.

It really depends on what you're trying to get warrantied, for minor things I haven't heard of it being an issue. If it's something major that was likely caused by you misusing your car, then your damn right they'll deny your claim.

This is strictly speaking for the US and the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act blah blah blah.

Why not, fag of challengers?

Thanks, I don't think I'd tune it until it was out of warranty anyways. It's going to be serving as my first car (besides this hand-me-down Camry XLE) so I don't want anything overwhelming. That said, I don't want something that's going to be super boring either. I want to be able to enjoy driving, which I currently don't when driving this Camry.

Would the Fiesta be good for me? A starter platform that I COULD have tuned later on, but for the most part kept stock besides aesthetic upgrades like new wheels and whatnot. But being something I could take to a track if I wanted to and have fun with.

That's essentially my goal for a first car... nothing super fast, but peppy, practical, and fun.

If ecoboost lives up to it's infamy it's a meme car.
If ferd fixed their shit tier "turbo engine" then it should be fine.

>A starter platform that I COULD have tuned later on
(Quick note: I'm speaking from the experience of owning a Focus ST - don't know much first hand about the Fiesta outside of what other ST owners have relayed)

Absolutely you can. They're fantastic cars to start with. They handle well (a little bit more body roll than I'd like personally, but nothing that isn't easily fixed). They're pretty comfy, affordable, easily modded when you're ready, and they're far from boring even when stock.

Yeah, either Ford ST, WRX, GTI, Abarth 500 would be a good platform for you. I would drive them all and just find what you personally enjoy the most before deciding what to buy. Probably drive a GT86 as well to be sure. I would be hesitant about Dodge/FCA products in general but I've heard the 500 Abarth is reliable enough (can't speak for how tune-able it is).

Notorious for electrical problems. PCM goes? Enjoy the $1000 part cost

I was going to give a few cars a test drive, but it'll probably come down to how I feel, and take into consideration reliability and all that.

Another thing is ride height. I was interested in a Toyobaru and even tried out my friend's... but because of chronic asspain I could barely get out of it. I have a hard enough time getting out of my current Camry.

That's why I'm more partial to the Fiesta and the 500 Abarth. They'd be easier for a buttpained fucker like me to get in and out of, but still fun cars to drive. But I'm extremely wary of FCA quality, despite hearing mainly good things about the 500 Abarth

Anyways enough about me, appreciate the help lads. Have a good night y'all.

One of the least reliable cars on the market in terms of major components like turbos and gearboxs.

Because it's not true, it's just pushed by the ford shills.

No it will invalidate your warranty on all drive line components.

This.
It's just a shitbox with a blowdrier, OP

Here comes this guy again, citing google as his source for all the horrendous mechanical failures of the Fiesta ST (there aren't any TSBs out on anything mechanical for the Fiesta ST).