Venza Alternatives

I'm really into the Venza. I know it's basically hated among Veeky Forums. But it's the most comfy thing I can find in my price range. Are there any alternative vehicles with a price tag less than $20,000?

Requirements
-reliable (pref jap)
-low mileage (I need to be able to find one with low mileage)
-smooth meaty engine (pref V6)
-comfy
-4 doors

I honestly can't think of anything besides the Crosstour

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uvuthq7TVWk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you ever want an suv?
Just get a camry, they have a v6 option and it won't make you look like a soccer mom.

According to Toyota themselves, the Venzais more of a wagon than an SUV.

Anyways, Cadillac SRX?

>venza
>wagon
lol, more like yet another shitty FWD CVT cuckover

Don't label it a wagon, you're making wagons look bad.

Toyota themselves bitched when either C&D or Motortrend made it part of an SUV comparison when it came out and vowed to lower the ride height to get it classified as a wagon for the next model year.

When did the Venza get a CVT? To my knowledge, they use conventional automatics.

Lowering a fat SUV still makes it a fat SUV
How many kids do you have to lug around to soccer practice?

CUVs are nothing more than lifted wagons to begin with. And the Venza, especially if lowered a bit, presents more as a wagon than an SUV.

The Camry isn't comfortable and the SRX is American so that's out of the question.

I don't have kids, I just want a comfortable, spacious car to block out the world when I'm driving.

>I don't have kids, I just want a comfortable, spacious car to block out the world when I'm driving.
To be honest. It really sounds like what you want is a Cadillac or a Buick.

No, they're not unreliable. Buick and Cadillac have repeatedly been in the top 10 most reliable makes.

Used lexus ls

>wants a comfy CUV/wagon
>Here buy this used sport sedan with a stiffer ride than this CUV
Are you retarded? That's a terrible suggestion.

>To be honest. It really sounds like what you want is a Cadillac or a Buick.
This.
No one does comfort like the Americans OP. To date, one of the comfiest cars ever made s the Lincoln Town Car. It's like a couch with wheels and a (underpowered) V8 engine.

I was looking at a lacrosse earlier. I might give that another look. I think all the decent Cadillacs will be too expensive.
I can't tell if you meant IS or LS but either way - low mileage examples of both will be out of my price range. I drive an RX350 right now with 180,000 miles so I know they'll last a while but I'm looking to get as fresh of a car as possible. I was thinking about 07+ GS350s but I just can't bring myself to pay $20,000 for a ten year old car.

With a LaCrosse, you want 2010+. The 2005-2009 LaCrosse is a good car, but do you really want a pushrod V6 with an automatic transmission? Only the 2 top of the line models didn't get the pushrod V6. There was the 3.6L DOHC V6 in the normal top of the line model, and then there was the V8-powered LaCrosse Super for the performance model

But the 2010+ model is better in every way (except straight line performance as the V8 model was killed)

youtube.com/watch?v=uvuthq7TVWk

Yeah, I think it was a 2011 CXL AWD I was looking at. It's gotta have the HIDs though. Pretty much another one of my requirements. Regular halogen bulbs just aren't the same.

Acura TSX Wagon

That's a good model to look at too. Go drive it.

and V70 or 9-3 SportCombi

OP wants something newer than either of those

this is just gay as fuck can't we stick to discussing sports cars and shitboxes no one wants to hear bout dis shit

some of us appreciate comfort and don't want our spines rattled to dust by sports car suspensions.

some of u lil bitches