/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous thread: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Nine and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in autumn in Japan and in winter in the US with Es playable.
- XBlaze and CPEX out on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, has started being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/EupJUZnx
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_k9al7YwArQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VJkYnIf8eTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm in love with Celica A Mercury!

die faggot

3rd for Taokaka

Also happy 100th anniversary /blaz/!

I want to massage Valkenhayns old legs after a long day of doing Rachels chores.

>Anniversary

Do you even know what that word means?

iirc it's gonna be next thread, not this one

7th for Izzy!

I bet Izzy likes armpit sex and footjobs

9th for Ragna!

What the heck was that all about last thread?

Is Ragna the most beloved protagonist in videogames?

You knew what I meant, don't take it so literally user, and it sounds much better than ''Happy 100th thread''.

Oh is that so? Guess I messed up then.

I miss CT's menus and opening song

I'm sure there are others even though I can't think of any of them right now.

>CT's menus

17th for last call to console lobby

Anybody want to play?

I can

Did I say something wrong? They were nice

There's a console lobby up

>blazblue's humble beginnings
man i miss those days

Muel only gets flustered by Ragna

Her intro with Kagura has her being confused and has a slight want to murder him so that she could go look for Ragna

I remember those times, I knew nothing of the game, I just saw some cute pics of Rachel and saw it was a fightan with VN style story and went blind, oh I remember being lost as hell playing the story mode in those beginnings but falling in love to the opening song and being mesmerized by the menu, and here we are now

So is this all a joke or is actually harboring a crush on Ragna as of Chronophantasma? I hear she even started a race between her, Rachel and Lambda to see who could get to Ragna first. Why do this now when Ragna has Celica? Is it just imouto power growing thanks to her hanging around Ragna more? At this rate she's gonna turn into that girl from WCW by the end of Central Fiction.

Oh, Ragna, you and your shit luck. Locked in jail and your first visitor is fucking Hazama

It looks like we'll be going through the character's acts in story mode as well. Mori you bitch. plus arcade modes plus the story mode to understand this game? Are you insane?

Is Izzy a meme character?
Hey at least we don't need to read a side VN and a side LN to understand it this time right?

>replacing the arcade stuff with the story portraits
Fuck I actually liked how it was done in arcade mode

Cute! Raggy!

the alt color is

Hey guys, remember the first game where everyone was kinda of a dick to everyone else in the story?

>Hey at least we don't need to read a side VN and a side LN to understand it this time right?

Naoto and Es are from bloodedge experience and xblaze light novels and visual novels. To get the whole story on them and their motivations you'd need to have read/watched through both volumes of the light novels and both visual novels of the games. Mai Natsume at least got a extend gaiden to introduce her to game players so westerners will know her but if she gets in the roster sporting her new spear and that new get up we won't know what's up with that because we didn't get those 4 volumes of Remix Heart and 2 volumes of Variable Heart. I can't be too angry about Es, mori did release the two xblaze games over here but how the fuck is the average player supoose to know her,Naoto and Mai? It's just like how Celica showed up in Chronophantasma and we didn't know who the fuck she was. Mori should of stopped with the side material at Phase Shift, no brought Celica into the games and just left her as a relic of the past like the six heroes. It's gotten out of control. He's becoming Nasu

I wanna fill Izzy's doll body with my semen

I was being sarcastic, I'm as mad as you about that. At least I can read the shit Es is from officially and there are fan translations of the other things

What are you, a Kagura fag?
If so Fuck off

We don't take kindly to people trying to hit on other people's imoutos.

Why should Mori even care about westerners having that shit available?
The average player is japanese, and they have all that shit available to them

The day mai is added is the day i stop playing BB.

Because that's not a good business decision and a dick move to the fans that are not japanese, even if the average player is japanese, the game is still sold on other parts of the world and there are fans outside japan. That's a poor argument but that's probably how the nips think anyway

Why?
you could beat mai up.

>and has a slight want to murder him so that she could go look for Ragna
I don't remember this.

What's Hazama doing to Ragna there?

It's not like him to just attack someone who's imprisoned like that. Terumi, sure, but Hazama tends to be more hands-off with his trolling.

He doesn't care about you

It doesn't look like it'll happen with every character. Like it's probably not gonna go too far into, say, Litchi or Azrael's arcade modes. Also, a lot of these event CGs seem to have Ragna in them. Out of all the story CGs we've seen, three had Ragna. So even though we're seeing things from the point of view of other characters, it looks like it's primarily gonna be mostly characters with strong involvement with Ragna.

They make all of their money from japan
Why should they care

Hell, you should glad they even took the time to bring over SOME of the shit

That's a retarded way of thinking. By that logic, you should also remove any references, concepts or ideas tied to a particular country as well. By your logic, every story should be fully compatible with every part of the world.

user, I hate to break it to you, but this is not a tactic that's unique to Japan. Do you have any idea how many supplementary materials for American games aren't available to the rest of the world?

When it comes to things involving stories, the best practice is to basically just disregard anything but your primary audience. Because you can't please everyone. You can't. You can't ensure that everyone will be satisfied by your work, so you should generally pick a group and work hard to satisfy them in particular. These are Japanese games, soaked to the brim in Japanese pop culture and concepts, designed for a Japanese audience, and you apparently seem to believe that they should work to make it just as accessible to a western audience as the Japanese one? You're being incredibly self-centered when you say this.

Tell me, what if you were a story writer and someone told you "Dude, this doesn't work for people in the Philippines, you should cut it out."? Would you go out of your way to alter your work in such a way in order to appease a group of people that were never in your mind to begin with?

DPs too good

>computer blacks out again because of failing power supply
>okay I'll rejoin lobby
>ps3 blacks out too and do the reformat thing because I can't afford a replacement and don't want it bricked
>join again
>get one match
>get bodied
This has not been a good day

I'm just saying. Noel became very fond of Ragna very quickly and I don't know how much of it is because of her Saya genes or because of what her interactions with Ragna did. She doesn't know that he's the one who saved her from Arakune,right?

She probably knows instinctively.

Also, his act of saving her even at the cost of his arm made a profound impact on her worldview. He gave her confidence and drive, something no one and nothing else could give her up until that point.

Ragna is very important to Noel. She gives her confidence, motivation and drive. She gives her the strength to stand on her own two feet without wavering.

Noel split herself because of wanting to protect a certain somebody,right? Whatever is inside that gate is a threat to Ragna?

It's not whats in the gate, but what being involved with the gate means.

So Noel freaked out about that just like Rachel freaks out about Naoto erasing Ragna's existence? Boy they really really liked Ragna. Meanwhile his actual girlfriend is paling around with his potential killer.

Ragna has no girlfriend

Ragna is my girlfriend.

INFERNO

KUNZITO

I don't get the kunzite meme

It's all any Nine uses

Really?
I barely ever see it in gameplay videos

literally impossible

You'll see Kunzite at least 10 times a match

Maybe I'm blind.

Get out of the Thread Tsubaki

>That almost get
Dayum

Tsubaki belongs to Prophet Pupwa. Inshallah.

So how's that lobby

I love Litchi!!

>Not watching based guymams stream

amen

there are also a lot of little details I miss from CT, like:
>Able to attack your opponent for a few second after death
This let you finish your combo or throw in an overdrive to straight up overkill them with style
>Ragna's carnage scissors causing wall bounce
doing two in a row was so fucking fun, and seeing the enemy slam agains the wall was so much more satisfying than what happens now
>Hakumen's overdrive wasn't rushed and had a satisfying buildup
youtube.com/watch?v=_k9al7YwArQ
>Nu-13 being incredibly broken but also incredibly fun.
>Rachel being viable and at her best
>Hakumen was morally ambivalent and had all these edging opening lines like: "A match? No...this will be massacre!"

that astral is long for no reason imo

I would add Bangs frkz theme to this. Good memories with the series during early games like CS.

>Rachel
>thinking Rachel isn't high fucking tier nevermind viable in CF
You don't keep up with the game, do you?

Isn't she also okay in CPEX?

The Six Heroes storyline was a good introduction of who Celica was, just as Remix Heart Gaiden was of Mai. ArcSys did a good job introducing those spinoff characters for people who haven't read their source material; why are you so convinced this won't happen with Es and Naoto? But you can't expect them have everything from the spinoffs in the game; what would be the point of spinoffs then? And conversely it's nice to see stuff from the spinoffs in the main game as it makes them more relevant.

Why do you say that? If it's because her outfit has fanservice then you should have quit when CT came out. If it's that a boy ended up in a girl's body you should have quit when Platinum was added. And it seems you didn't mind Amane either. I hope she does get added just to see if the whiny drama queens such as yourself will put their money where their mouth is.

Have this

perfection!

Who are you guys gonna be playing in CF? Sticking with your main or moving on?

I'll always be faithful.

Still gonna main snek
Sub Es, Naoto, maybe Izanami, Bullet

Stay with mains always unless Naoto is voiced by JYB

Slut

I play Terumi and Celica, and they both look really good in CF, so I am more than ready to get my hands on the game,

youtube.com/watch?v=VJkYnIf8eTw

Official website have been updated. Combo movies for everyone there.

>that es placement
NOOOOO
STOP

Stick with the same four I already use, try out Es and that's it

This triggers my OCD.

Someone fix it
PLEASE

Litchi as always

Shit, so we can have like 7 more characters resulting in 40 characters total?

Other characters outside of Es confirmed then, I guess?
There's no way they'll have the roster asymmetrical.

Well shit. That's actually really conspicuous as hell. If they had put her under Tager or Amane, then no one would really have any reason to believe that there might be more than one more new character this version. But they put her THERE of all places. That ain't just opening the floodgates; that's practically tearing a hole right into the dam.

Naoto is voiced by Crispin Freeman

So as much of a shit as Mai is, she's probably in. That leaves, at minimum, two more characters, and at most four. I think Jubei and Trinity have good chances of making it in at this point.

Now, if they leave it at that, it'd still be symmetrical. The shape would be a little weird, but that could still very easily be the end of it.

My guess is one of them will be an alternate Ragna at the very end when he obtains some new power or whatever. There's a pretty good chance that he'll obtain the "True" BlazBlue, so he'd probably have to have a new character to accommodate that plot point. The main problem with that idea is that I can't really imagine such an important character being thrown into the way bottom left or right like that. He'd have to be somewhere closer to the upper center, except that's where the timer for the character select is. I dunno, maybe it won't happen, but I still feel like an alternative Ragna is very likely.

Other candidates are Terumen, another Saya because why the fuck not, Raquel (though I hope not) and Ms. Tail because she's too sexy NOT to be playable.

>alternate Ragna
Izanagi.

>Ms. Tail
Who?