[ M I A T A T H R E A D ]

Modz edition. Stock miata sad miata. MIATA is THE modding master-race platform. Post mod reviews, mod lists, mod suggestions, mod questions.

Facts:
Miatas have god tier aftermarket installation ease
Miatas have god tier aftermarket variety
Miatas have god tier aftermarket prices
Miatas have god tier aftermarket availability
Miatas have god tier aftermarket support (forums, meets, track days, clubs, youtube)

Modded miatas have so much visual and mechanical variety compared to every other platforms (compared to impreza's, golfs, muscle cars, etc)

You want a collector car that stays stock and appreciates in price in the garage? Fuck off, these babies were meant to be personalized over 9000 different ways. Riced, raced, drifted, vintaged, slammed, offroaded, cruised, auto crossed, rallied, they can do it all and have the aftermarket support and large production numbers to support diversification while keeping prices low.

GO FORTH AND MAKE YOUR MIATA YOURS

Other urls found in this thread:

esqueleto.jp/esqueletostyle/esq_brisa.html
flyinmiata.com/eccentric-lock.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, this is an NA miata.

Yes, this is a miata

I'm definitely going to be looking to get an MX-5 as my next car, I'm really only after the NA series though for glorious pop-up lights.

What are the significant changes between NA and NB, are they mainly cosmetic and visual changes or did the NB address any serious issues the NA had?

Are either known for any major issues, rust or component wise?

That interior is fucking hideous
Of course it's owned by a baby boomer wwho drives around with a straw hat and bottle of sunscreen

Fuck you guys.
I used to hate the miata, with it's stupid girly features and how small and impractical it was.
But over time it's been slowing growing on me, and it's literally turned into my most wanted car.
I know I can't have one, even though it's so cheap, but all I want to do is cruise around the city, late at night in an NA Miata.

NA:
slightly lighter
pop ups
not as curvy
slightly less rigid
1.6 less power, later ver come with 1.8
slight interior differences
getting more overpriced cause meme status and popup love
older, so more prone to high miles and more wear and tear
more meme status
more "pure" miata

NB:
slightly heavier
sealed beam headlights
all body panels curvier
slightly more rigid
1.8 standard
taller seats, tiny bit less interior room
still can be overpriced but much less so cause no popup memes
newer so easier to find in better condition (though still 17 yrs old for the 1999, first year NB)

NA is "better miata" NB is "objectively a better car" but not that much. For most people it's not a huge thing. Don't sweat it, but do tell us what you want to do with it cause it can narrow things down.

You want a set it and forget it miata and won't do too much to it and don't have the time/space to do religious maintenance?

Get an NC.

Thanks a bunch, been looking around and seems like the prices for all of them have just gone absolutely astronomical.

I'd just prefer the NA purely for looks but wouldn't be fussed with an NB, it has a cuteness of its own.

Really don't think I'd be modifying it too much, basically the Micra is my little ricer shitbox, I want the mx5 for some RWD fun and summer cruising. I'll just be focusing on suspension and steering mods, I'm sure its got enough power for what it is anyway already.

Going by current availability and price I think I shall be leaning towards an NB.

Hideous to you. You gotta respect what can be done, what has been done to miatas, and his particular dedication.

The whole thing started as a left hand drive and he converted to autistic british right hand drive.

Come back when you get something more than your NRG ebay tier detachable wheel and cold air intake

It's rare to have such a total transformation from a stock vehicle. Looks like shit and is all wasted money to you, sure. But for others it's great. AND it's continuing the car modding scene. For better or for worse, it's continuing the scene, and that is worth something.

You're autistic

Not modifying it too much, want RWD fun and summer cruising...give the NC a second look. They're a bit underrated. Heavier and more expensive, but they're still cheap for what you get, have more power stock, and are more livable on the road.

NAs are loud man. Nb are almost as loud too. Common opinion too, but plenty of people are just fine with it and would say they're not that bad.

But NAs and NBs are really great just lightly modified, esp if you spend most of the money on suspension.

Drive a 1.6 NA and a 1.8 NB and the biggest difference is power (though again not that big of a diff), interior (not that much really) and exterior. The body is the big one. Quite different. Body rigidity from the NA to the NB is subtle compared to other differences mentioned above. I could tell the diff almost immediately, some people don't feel it at all. Technically, Mazda did add bracing and stuff from the NA to the NB to make it slightly stiffer.

A 1.6 NA to a 1.8 NA is gonna feel different too. Some people like the peppier/revvier 1.6.

Now for NB's it's worth to note that in 2004 they came out with turbo stock, the mazdaspeed edition. They're gonna be hard to come by and expensive. But if you want something real nice and have the dough it's an option.

Just to a ton of research and if possible drive as many as you can. When it comes down to it though, you're correct, prices are crazy, especially for the NA, so it's gonna be all about the best you can get. If the perfect NA is not out there and all you find is out of your budget then yeah, NB time. If a great deal on an NA comes around but it's not your fav color, I bet the second you drive it you'd be fine with it being polka dots it'll drive so nice.

Autistic to you. You gotta respect what can be done, what has been done to MEMES, and his particular dedication.

The whole thing started as a MEME and he converted to MEME.

Come back when you get something more than your SHIT TIER REPLY and MEME

It's rare to have such a total MEME from a stock POST. Looks like AUTISM to you, sure. But for others it's MEME. AND it's continuing the MEME. For better or for worse, it's continuing the scene, and that is MEME

Oh you said "RWD fun"

If you want easier burnouts, drifting, and corner exit power delivery, you'll want one with an LSD. Some didn't come with one, some did, some have had it installed after the fact. The best way to know is to check the VIN, do research, and cross reference details like power folding side mirrors and power door locks. It's kinda confusing but just read up on it and you can tell. Or look at it underneath. Or put 1 tire on loose dirt and one on pavement and see what happens when you hit the gas.

For some people, the lack of an LSD isn't a huge factor. If you're aggressive and want to ring it out on every corner, limited slip differential is nice to have. You can still do burnouts, drifting, etc but it's not as easy.

Positives? Depending on the seller, no lsd can def mean cheaper price. Driving on snow is easier too. If the miata to do get doesn't have one (like maybe you had to jump on the car cause it was a deal) they can be swapped in pretty easily from NAs and NBs, and a host of aftermarket ones are available too.

Questions:

Most favorite mod?: _________
Least favorite mod?: _________
Best bang for your buck mod?: ___________
Holy grail mod (rare, complex, pricey, etc): ________

Most fav: Nardi 330 deep
Least fav: Flyin Miata spings (they're okay but shoulda gotten something with stronger spring rate)
Best value: BF goodrich comp 2
Holy grail: full turbo kit

>Mfw non-miata owners will never know the feeling of your boyfriend tongueing your anus as you do 45 in a round about when the sign says 25.

>Mfw they will never know the feeling of their cock entering their boyfriends sweaty dirty asshole as you get off at an exit going 10 above the recommended limit

>Mfw they will never know the feeling of handsome alpha men slapping your little boy butt and calling your car cute

The miata is a REAL man's car

Well I will be modifying it eventually, its inevitable for me but for now I'll be keeping it stock and focusing on steering and suspension really.

Yeah, I've been looking into them.and currently you can get a fair few NAs for cheap, cheaper than NB and a lot cheaper than the NC.

However a very large amount of them have already been used as soon mobiles or have some serious rust issues. I think I may start saving money towards it, the insurance will most likely be a total ass fuck too because its RWD and convertable.

I guess I'd go for the 1.8 with an LSD in that case, my current car thrives on high revs and while it is fun it is also quite a nuisence for daily driving when I have to actually go up a hill or, heaven forbid, over take someone.

Seems like I'll be holding out for now to get a decent NA, I always liked the green/wood ones they did as a special edition and generally they aren't too sought after for hooning here, so they don't command to high a ricertax.

That's the thing, it is way too small, and way too impractical. But its great for cruising around in the city at night.

Why do so many people own them despite them being small and impractical?

Why so much praise for the car? Even if onlt 75% of even 50% of the good reviews and critical acclaim is true, it would still be considered one of the best at what it does, driving experience.

The kicker? you can get one as low as $1.5-$2k.

Yeah it'll be a fixer upper, it'll probably have some rust but it'll be yours. The whole car is cheaper and some gaming computers.

And if you spend 4-5k and up? That is gonna be a nice ride. Still for $10000 less then the cheapest entry level new fail wheel drive shitbox.

Most favorite mod?: custom vintage gauges
Least favorite mod?: fucking stancing
Best bang for your buck mod?: hardtop because it allows the car to operate through the whole year instead of being a seasional toy
>Holy grail mod (rare, complex, pricey, etc): pic related for NB, full retro interior for NA

Unfortunately to save money and give it a competitive price Mazda had to skim a bit on metal amount of thickness. Nothing dangerous but they're no volvos. Not surprising that 20 yr olds buying into the rice/slam/meme wreck the shit outta them.

Plus yeah they're already 18-19+ years old for an NA. The first one's are already 26-27 years old so they're not gonna take the abuse as well as their mom's 2012 civic.

You're asking the right questions, considering the right things, and are smart enough to be patient, shop around, and do your research. The miata gods will smile upon you. Maybe not tomorrow, or the next day, but eventually. When it hits it'll be sweet.

Agreed on all answers, and fuck me that body kit is stellar. I bet it's A) not made anymore B) was only available from some obscure japanese outfit and C) any ones left cost $6k before import tax

Do you have a modded miata? What are your answers for these based on your personal ride?

Modified NA reporting in

Put a new stainless 421 manifold on this weekend

God damn this looks good. NoPro flares aren't even that expensive, but 500$ shipping to Europe kinda ruins it. Also I have no idea how would they look on my yellow NB. Nor does Google, apparently nobody has flared yellow NB :/

Source on this car? Google and tineye gave nothing

all that probably cost like $1000

more like $2000

why haven't you switched to sleepy eyes yet? switches the look from cute to sleek, looks good with almost anything

What's the best gauge mod to get for the little empty compartment under the climate control?

That looks retarded and modding for the sake of modding is also retarded.

>all the mismatched colors of tan

NC MUSTARD RICE

I read that as
>Mfw non-miata owners will never know the feeling of your boyfriend TOUGE-ING your anus as you do 45 in a round about when the sign says 25.

Tuckin99 look great as well

Most favorite mod?: Jetstream Flush headlights
Least favorite mod?: Miata specific- Low profile headlights (sleepy eyes shit)
Best bang for your buck mod?: Decent coilovers
Holy grail mod (rare, complex, pricey, etc): Bodyshop Hayashi bodykit

Looking at a 90 NA with a bunch of stuff done to it. Can be had for a decent price, but the owner had a problem with the car not passing CA smog. Pic attached is the smog reading. What are your thoughts? Here's a rundown on the car:
r
OEM rear mudguards
New KYB AGX shocks (~5,000 mi ago)
FatCat Motorsports Sport bumpstops
Flyin' Miata springs (minus dead coils)
Hollow Jackson Racing 1.8 anti-sway bar
Recent Flyin' Miata spec alignment
New timing belt kit (~200 mi ago)
New water pump (~200 mi ago)
New rear main seal (~200 mi ago)
New Front crank seal (~200 mi ago)
New stock motor mounts (~200 mi ago)
New injector seals (~200 mi ago)
New intake manifold gasket (~200 mi ago)
New exhaust manifold gasket (~200 mi ago)
New power-steering belt
New alternator belt
New NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
New NGK Spark plug wires
Hard Dog M1 roll bar
New Hella E-Code H4 headlights with 55/60 watt bulbs
New Denso Oxygen Sensor

Disabled Clutch interlock switch
M-Edition Stainless Steel door sills
LED interior lighting
LED rear view mirror
LED dash lighting
Diode Flash-to-Pass modification installed
Eclipse HVAC vents
Newer NB heater core
Rockford Fosgate door speakers
Polk Audio rear deck speakers
Pyle headrest speakers
JVC Bluetooth headunit
Bazooka powered subwoofer
Coolant flushed
1.8 downpipe (removed heat shielding)
1.8 catalytic converter
Magnaflow muffler
Lubricated speedometer cable
NB starter
New clutch master cylinder
New clutch slave cylinder

Small paint chip on headlight cover.
Worn patch/rip on driver's seat (due to seatbelt)
The car has developed an odd exhaust leak sound coming from near the head flange.
The car also did not pass smog for me, when I took it in a few weeks ago (high NOx), seller would be responsible for making it SMOG worthy (SMOG stuff kind of stumps me)

So, are they a good car to learn stick in? I'm looking into getting an NC soon as my first manual.

>Understanding and respecting other people
>Austism

hey guys,

I already have a beater car for work and such and was thinking of buying a miata for a weekend fun car. I live in Illinois so probably not gonna use it on winter months.

can you motivate me more on why I should buy a miata instead of an frs/brz/gencoupe?

yes, possibly one of the best.
>torque down low for easy engagement
>excellent shifter feel
>really light clutch with lots of feedback

I have never owned a Miata but I agree, that body kit is excellent. If I could afford to have one shipped over to the UK I would think very hard about buying an ND. For reference I once got a quote to ship just a bumper from a kei car from Japan to the UK and it was something around £300 ($435) via Import Monster (you buy from Japanese supplier, have stuff set to them and they forward it worldwide).

The kit is called Esqueleto Brisa and is made by Fatrastlying in Japan. The full kit costs $3,550 before taxes, shipping, paint, hard top, wheels and fuel flap. The full kit includes:
Front bumper
Front fenders
Hood
Lights
Rear bumper
Rear spoiler
Fasteners
Installation instructions

You can buy just the front end kit for $3,550.

esqueleto.jp/esqueletostyle/esq_brisa.html

Please halp Miat owners.

NOx gasses are reduced via the EGR system. Is your car obd1? if so, the EGR system could be stuck closed or clogged and the computer wouldn't even throw a code.

if I were you I would pull apart the egr system and clean it out thoroughly. if it still doesn't work I'd probably replace the egr solenoid.

also if you're cheap/lazy you could retard the timing a bit just for the emissions test then crank it back up afterward. more advanced timing = more compression and heat = more NOx.

are you looking at the ND generation or NC?

i never want to install another fucking roll bar again.
pic is pre rollbar

Thanks senpai.

the only miatas with significant mechanical issues are the very early 1.6 cars (pre 1992 I think) that had the infamous short nose crank failure. there are a couple anons on here that have had the crank failure happen to them.

you're welcome m8

Weekend fun car means:

Saying YES to:
handling
driving experience
enjoying nice weather (convertible)

Saying NO to:
space/storage (don't need it for driving experience, that being said still has surprising storage)
Extra seats that will go unused, or taken up by noisy kids
Unnecessary, unwanted, bloated, weigh adding extras (heated seats, power moon roof, blah blah) you want PURE driving experience

Then, realize that with it's not only the cheapest option, it's the cheapest option BY FAR. Not like shopping for a PC case where it's a $5 to $10 dollar difference, or a 10% to 20% difference in price. Miata's can be 50% of a gen coupe price and up to 75% of a toyobaru's price.

Think about it. Depending on your needs, you can have 80, 85, 90% of the performance of toyobaru/gen coupe for up to 75% less cost. That's like 20 THOUSAND dollars. And to get the extra 20% performance to easily match and beat those 3 other cars, and take on Porsche boxters, mustangs and other new muscle cars, bmws, etc in a straight line, you only have to spend $3-4k if you know what you're doing, more if you want to by an off the shelf kit.

The hilarious part is already in stock form, or just with coilovers and sticky tires, keep up or beat most of what's on the road when you're driving in the twisties. Which is the god-tier of all types of roads.

Light to light: yawn
Freeway pulling from 60 to 85mph: yawn
Twisties, canyon carving, TOE-GAYS: miataville

You want TAKE A TRIP TO VALUETOWN?

Get a miata.

Thanks man, saved post to guy holy grail when after I save up for 5 years. Worth it. But you seem close to it or can at least entertain the idea more in the near future so keep us posted if any you gain any traction.

Or post your ND. Already ND body kits are getting good.

turbo kit and really well sorted suspension and brakes makes it into a mini porsche in terms of driving dynamics, with all the speed and handling that implies, but extra engagement in the form of more road feel and overall experience than most porsches

actually now that i think on it, 250whp (which you can comfortably do for $3 grand without much experience with turbos) in a 2300lb full interior miata could probably go toe to toe with most modern porsches. the power to weight ratio (0.108) is equivalent to 400wheel horsepower in a 3700lb car

This. Spend 5k or so on a nice miata. Spend another 5k on turbo, suspension, brakes = porsche killer, WITH more engaging driving experience.

Jinba Ittai. "Horse and body as one." Mazda's internal philosophy from day 1 of Miata design and production.

don't get too high brow with those quotes, mazda made a great platform but they tend to pussy out of real in-house performance upgrades.

for instance they're really scared of turbos, and the one time they did a turbo (mazdaspeed miata) it was really mediocre for a turbo setup
they're also really scared of proper performance suspension packages, even the ND only has slightly stiffer shocks and slightly better front brakes as options and that's it.

how glorious would it be to have a sort of "///M" equivalent miata package? full turbo package, radically better brakes and shocks and springs and wheels, nicer interior, etc. It would be like 40 grand but it would be a GIANT SLAYER of a car

do you guys think i could trade my civic (96 coupe) for a miata?

The main reason is money. They would immediately do it if they were huge.

But they're not. BMW has decades headstart of history as a car maker on them.

They're still tiny compared to world market, and are constantly on the edge of getting edged out. What they have done, what they are doing now, is impressive considering what they have to work with. What is mitsubishi doing, after no evo? What is Kia doing? Suzuki? They have had the odd hit, but mazda's had an all star player from day 1.

Yes it's underpowered. Yes stock it def can use stiffer shocks. But for me, driver experience, driver/car unity, isn't based on hp/torques. It's driving feel, handling, all that good stuff.

If you owned mazda you'd be cautious too. They're still a small company, and from 2000 to now, how many car companies went out of business? How many car companies got swallowed up?

Even lamborghini couldn't stand on it's own. And it's all turbo'd v10s, v12s. They weren't afraid of anything.

Mazda does the best with what it has, and so it's is even more amazing that it's as good as it is.

Are they "afraid" of turbos? Rx series, and Mazdaspeed 3, mazdaspeed6 would disagree. Mazdaspeed miata turbo is definitely more conservative, I agree, and it begs for more. But everyone agrees speed3 is pretty beastly, and the Rx series speaks for itself.

And agreed, mazdaspeed on steroid for miata would be killer.

Do you absolutely need the room? Miata has less, not much less but less.

Do you want RWD?

Do you want sweet top down driving experience? Even if you don't there's miata hardtop

Do you want upgraded handling? upgraded road feel?

Do you want upgraded road noise? I dig it but it's not for everyone

Are you over 6'2? Are you over 250 lbs? Tall/big people can into miata, but you'll want mawdz

Nice color scheme. For some reason I don't too many silver nas. Always red, faded red, flaking red, blue, faded blue, british green, or rattle can matte black.

Post pics of new manifold too whenever.

Miata bros. Dude with stock 1.6 NB here. Is there a way to increase power without swap, turbo or supercharging? I'm not thinking 100 more hp, but like 20-30

Least favorite mod has to be those fucking delrin door bushings.

My doors are now incredibly hard to close, they aren't some wonder product that makes the slightest difference. You can still see and feel the flex between where the rear of the door meets the body while going on a bumpy road.

> Do you absolutely need the room? Miata has less, not much less but less.

Nope, which is why I'm considering it.

> Do you want RWD?
yes please

> Do you want sweet top down driving experience? Even if you don't there's miata hardtop
yes please

> Do you want upgraded handling? upgraded road feel?
yes yes

> Do you want upgraded road noise? I dig it but it's not for everyone
I'll survive. I commute a lot but whatever

> Are you over 6'2? Are you over 250 lbs? Tall/big people can into miata, but you'll want mawdz
nope, manlet here.

No. Headers and exhaust is 10 to max on a good day.

If you want to go faster never use AC when accelerating, don't have a passenger, and have half a tank or less of fuel.

picked up these BFGoodrich G-Force Rivals yesterday in 205/50ZR15. Super excited to throw these on. Just waiting on my enkeis to come back from powdercoating and the 949 racing aluminum valve stems to come in the mail.

so far my mod list is as follows:
Flyin Miata 2.5 Kit (sway bars, adjustable shocks, springs, extended top hats, poly bumpstops)
garagestar delrin door bushings
Hardtop with garagestar mounting brackets
'94 Torsen LSD 4.3
Energy polyurethane diff bushings
ebay r package lip
5X racing lug nuts
Pioneer DEH-X6700BT head unit
Kicker door speakers
weathertech + garagestar license plate bracket
ebay smoked turn signals
Clutch interlock delete
Voodoo brushed aluminum shift knob

This thing looks awesome, reminds me of a Panoz Esperante. Even the rear window looks similar to that of the GT2 variant

>Is that just conincedence or not?

mfw idiots dump thousands into Miatas to keep up with a Honda ricer.

How long have you had them? Which ones did you buy?

I got the garage star ones. It was a rollercoaster experience:

installation: easy
but then, doors are crazy hard to close
but immediately there is slight improvement. Not lifechanging like most online reviews say, but objectively a bit better.
WEEKS later they mellow out, doors easier to close.
MONTHS later they're only slightly harder to close than when I didn't have them.

Overall, 6/10. They take forever to break in. They usually do. For some it's faster, for some it's slower. For an unlucky few they never seem to get better.

But 50-60 bucks for the set, that's pretty good in my book.

An aftermarket leather shift boot is what, 30? 45+ if you want something real nice? You won't get away with spending less than 20-30 for any aftermarket cosmetic piece, and those do nothing for road noise, vibration, the way the car actually works.

But I get you, there are tons of reviewers who have your exact experience or worse.

If you're using it for commuting in the spring/summer/fall in addition to a weekend toy, consider the clutch though light, is still a clutch. For most people, even enthusiasts, even fans of miatas say commuting with stick gets old eventually. Some also say the advantages outweigh this criticism.

I'm cool with it but something to take note.

Oh also ask yourself if you're okay with basic maintenance and maybe more. They're more reliable than most cause mazda but you know hondas are honda like toyotas are toyotas. They are great cars to learn to wrench a bit on if you're down for that. If you're a pro then miata's are a dream. Simple, lotsa space around engine, cheap parts, TONS of replacement parts cause they made so many.

Still if you don't want to do anything to it but take it to jiffy lube or the shop then you won't spend megabucks. Just saying that probably a 96 civic will be slightly easier to set it and forget it vs older NA.

>Good condition NA miatas are starting to become taxed [~5k+]
>Z3's and Z4's are becoming cheap [~6k]

why cant we be friends

My civic is a manual though, doesn't bother me at all, even in traffic.

And I've already done quite a bit of wrenching (cv axles, wheel bearings, suspension, etc.). Not worried about the maintenance at all.

I was mostly asking to see if you guys think I could find someone wanting to trade a miata for a civic. (^:

On the drag strip or light to light sure. But yawnsville amirite

Twisties man, it's all miata territory.

And "pure driving experience" too. No amount of money or mods can a honda get to match that. I know you disagree, and don't respond to trolls, etc etc but that's just like, my opinion man.

NBs dont have sealed beam headlights bro. In fact NAs are the ones that use sealed beams.

You are correct. What do you call them again? Enclosed headlights? Non-popups? I forget

They're not popups, and that's all that matters :^)

My Turbo Miats

I believe they're called fixed headlights

Nice tires. Specs? Wheels?

Nice rollbar too. Ever think about rollbar padding though?

-Voodooo 2 trubo kit form a 1.6 shoehorned into a 1994 1.6 m edition
-gt2560r Turbo
-FM Intercooler
-Turbosmart BOV
-Turbosmart manual boost controller
-FM lightweight flywheel
-act 6 puck clutch
-Torsen
-Koni sport shocks
-GC coilovers with eibach springs
-Kosei k1 wheels
-BFG G-force Rival tires
-Hard Dog m2
-GV front lip
-Fm downpipe and cat
-Ebay fart can
-Homebuilt DIYPNP2 Ecu

Yeah should probably look into that.

Kosei k1 wheels btw

You win bruh. Killer set up.

Dig the homebrew ecu.

Thanks man. Autocross season starts Sunday I'm looking to kill it. I'm installing Toyota individual coil packs tonight then it will be perfect.

>it will be perfect

You can not get of Mr. Miata's wild ride

upgrade suspension, change wheels/tires, tune powertrain, upgrade interior, fix rust, replace part (cause 20 yr old car) upgrade suspension, change wheels/tires, tune powertrain...over and over.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Whats the Veeky Forumspinion on the new generation of miatas? 2016

I'm gonna love them when they are 15 years old and cheap

>And agreed, mazdaspeed on steroid for miata would be killer.

that's a kicker, for not much more money that can make the nd into a fucking incredible car, which is why i'm pumped for the abarth 124, which is pretty much just an ND with an engine swap and a body kit, but that engine is a tuner's dream powerplant for how much power it can make reliably

I know you're just shitposting, but I didn't actually know the Z3's were that fucking cheap.
They aged well too

Mmm I disagree but really any customers getting into a small roadster is good for the car scene overall. There are not enough, and even if it takes some customers from mazda, getting people interested and excited for the segment is overall a good thing.

And you know mazda's getting kickback from every fiata so net gain for everyone.

Some say it's underpowered.
True, but not as much as na's or nb's though, so there's that. They're never meant to have tons of power though, and adding power to miatas has always been doable.

Some say it's floppy. True, if you're really pushing it and driving aggressively (like pretty much all of Veeky Forums) for 99% of the world, it's plenty capable. Anyway that's been the case for the whole line, hardcore enthusiasts feeling it's soft...shouldn't be surprising that the #1 most common and first done mod is suspension?

Overall they're great. With the new roof it's fucking gorgeous. I'm with

check out these eccentrics that flyin miata came out with. I needed something just like these after having my alignment go out of whack twice now

flyinmiata.com/eccentric-lock.html

Friend of mine got his window slashed and it just so happened to rain that same day. He has a rollbar installed, where the fuck would the water drain if they got into the panels cut to make room for the roll bar? Hopefully it's not gonna start rotting from the inside.

Get it to a garage and dry it out completely. Remove the rear carpets and sound deadening, all that has to be hung up to dry. For a few days if possible.

Sorry about the douche though, that's fucked up.

What power you pushing? How hard are you running it, road racing? Autox?

Thanks. How likely is it for water to get trapped in there? That's what I'm concerned about the most

stock power but I've got some pretty sticky low pro tires, fairly stiff suspension and I have to drive on some pretty rough roads. it's just from cobblestone streets and potholes and stuff making stuff loose.

oh that'll do it yeah, stiff suspension and potholes

l i t t l e
b l u e
m i a t

b-but user

Oh are you that guy from Mexico? I see your posts sometimes

the nb has additional chassis bracing which helps if you're thinking of modding for more power

the nb8b has the 6 speed box which can also handle a lot more power, as well as from the factory having the best 1.8 engine with VVT

nb has a way nicer interior

fog lights also look rad, both cars apparently drive the same really comes down to do you want popup headlights or a slightly faster more ridged car?

>mfw miatas get killed by live rear axle mustangs in the "twisties" they were designed to dominate in.

>killed because they're sideways, blocking the road after a blind corner
>brostang too pigfat to brake, too pigfat to stop rear end twisting into a barrier