/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16691/?
youtube.com/watch?v=DcHQaDoZ4A4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And they're all fucking pipe guns? lmao

if you mean custom laser rifles, they are just custom laser rifles. They don't magically become new guns because you put a microphone on the barrel or a window pane on top as a scope. You're falling for Todd's memes.

Also, all the upgrading in 4 is basically a linear path. Everyone's going to end up with the same guns in the end because they're objectively the best upgrades. Really the only choices you have are

>do you want a pistol or a rifle?
>do you want it auto or not?

Other than that all the upgrades completely speak for themselves and offer objective stat bonuses.

Take deliverer for example. Who the fuck is going to use the standard grip when the sharpshooter grip exists? nobody. The same applies to most upgrades and customizations. It's just dumb.

(repost cause new thread)

First for the Institute

First for adorable robot companions for your aspiring gearhead girl.

Are there any decent original companion mods yet?

Pretty much. Gotta love that "muh permutations means billions of weapons" meme when you're going down the same linear path.

where's the deathclaw guro

Even with that view, 4 still has more or equal amounts of guns. in comparison to 3 ot NV. Especially NV. Sure you get half a dozen pistols, but outside of caliber influencing it's damage and a skin on top of it, it's pretty much the same result you'd get from the upgrade path of 4's semi auto pistols.

I don't really know where to ask so I guess I'll just do it here. Anybody else get a problem with the sniper scopes after installing hitmans first person overhaul mod where they get large bars in the sides of the scope?

You could say the same thing about unique weapons desu.

>Everyone will use the Avenger minigun in NV because it has more DPS

Also for a lot of weapon, it is pretty much linear, yeah. But for the minigun / plasma / laser / rocket launcher (with heat seeking mod) I still think those mods are way more unique than the uniques in NV. Thats kinda why I liked the Red Glare so much in NV. It wasn't just a rocket launcher that did 50 more damage per rocket. It was a fully automatic rocket launcher that fucked everything in its general direction.

>9mm pistol doesnt count as a weapon, there's better pistols in FNV

>especially NV

lol this guy attempting to slyly claim that 3 obviously has more weapons than NV

get a grip. The weapons in 3 are destitute.

And as for 4, it's all guns. There are hardly any unarmed weapons, melee is underwhelming except for super sledge (nice variety), flamer is useless and everything else is a gun or laser/plasma gun. And as I've already established the upgrade paths are linear as fuck.

It's just a clusterfuck in my opinion. NV did it better, I don't care if I get called a shill. I liked having lots of different calibers and designs for guns, there was even a whole .22 set of guns for literally no purpose other than variety and a stealth option.

I want a mod that gives every raider power armor

I wasn't trying to claim that. My intention was to claim that NV had a bloat of weapons that had the same functionality under a few different skins and a bunch of calibers that make ammo management a bit more annoying than it needed it be and was pretty equally as linear as 4 is.

Also I've not even mentioned the disparity between guns and melee, which I agree is rather significant because my main is a melee character.

I wish there were more guns that had as many mods as Pipe weapons / laser / plasma / etc.

Like making the minigun fire .50 bmg rounds (I know its a mod)
Or making a .50 bmg handgun that isn't a pipe weapon
Flamethrower upgrade that lets it shoot fireballs (or just add the incinerator back)
Or a handgun that fires .45 / .308 / Shotgun shells (such guns exist, pic related)
I also would like to see slug ammo for shotguns
I also really wanna see way more weapons that use fusion cores, fusion core conversion for laser / plasma weapons dramatically increasing their damage output or something

I love FO4 but they could've easily improved the game by 1000% if they had spent one more day just dicking around in the editor

Fusion cores are probably a bit unwieldy for anything smaller than a Gauss rifle.

However yes, bethesda did end up with something of a half measure when it came to weapon mods.

>Forgot to post pic
>Bigass revolver that fires fuckin shotgun shells

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16694/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16691/?

hahaha, they're flooding the nexus now

daww poor guy

If you were shown a pipe wrench and a hooked pipe wrench in NV you would count them as seperate weapons but refuse to because it's FO4.

If it means we get even a handful of decent animations, good.

Sex mods
Sex mods everywhere

pls make deathclaw + nora + shota threesome animations tbqh

What weapon addon/mod is this? I haven't seen the "reactive alloy" or "cold fusion" modifications in the base game.

k

New Vegas has more based weapons.

Fallout 4 has more Frankenstein abominations, but wins in quantity.

It's up to the player to decide which one is better. I'm sticking with New Vegas.

>more based weapons
Which is worthless since NV's combat is 3's combat, which is godawful

>opinions because you were proven plainly wrong
Nice headcanon brah

I don't know how to animate

It also sounds like a lot of work, and probably would be. When it comes to animations I'm more of a user than a maker. I do appreciate all the stuff the animators do, though.

All we need now is a working body physics mod.

Research Projects

On the contrary, I recognized Fallout 4 has more weapon variation. Its mods are significant enough (as in, not just a large mag or silencer) to warrant being considered different weapons.

That doesn't change the fact I like NV's approach better of giving us many more different base weapons.

animation really isn't that hard. I don't know how to put it into a game, but it really isn't hard at all to make. just takes time

Your post made it seem more like you were attempting a smug damage control without the appropriate anime face, user.

Oh. Well I wasn't.

I realized arguing semantics is pointless when at the end of the day more weapon variations = more weapons.

I would decidedly stick with Fallout 4 if at least the variations were designed in a way to resemble other real life weapons in most of the cases, but in the end, I feel that no matter how many mods you put on it, unless you completely overhaul it, traces of the base weapon still remain.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that won't be a thing for a while. Only thing possible right now are animation re-placers, you can't add any new idles.

You can probably find some idle nothing uses, but those are rare.

Sounds dumb. They don't even change how they look. And that's easy.

If you can animate something, I can get it in for you.

Goddamn every time I see your waifu I throw up a little.

Also, the UVs should be done by tomorrow.

I dunno what Train was saying about unique weapons with unique appearances not working. Works fine for me.

On a side note, scripting is super fun once you get the hang of it. I think I'll make a More Uniques mod once Maxwells is over. But texture guy is dead so that might take a while longer than train wants.

If you wanted 1:1 copies of real life guns fallout in general isn't the game you're looking for. Half the shit is literal World War Two tier in a high tech setting.

Yeah but I mean, I'm too lazy to animate. I also don't think my animations would look good, and I dont think I'd really have the patience for it anyway.

>the UVs should be done by tomorrow.

Cool. I'll start rigging them on Monday / Tuesday. I wanna take some me-time off for Starbound.

>Hate to burst your bubble, but that won't be a thing for a while. Only thing possible right now are animation re-placers, you can't add any new idles.

Actually I'm pretty sure a modder on Nexus made a standalone sex animation using a bed

Personally I'm quite fond of the fallout weapons that aren't attempts to recreate irl weapons, as well as modders who also strive towards doing so.

That most weapon modders only replicate real life guns is one of the saddest parts of the fallout modding community. I do respect all the talent, work, and creativity going into the mods, but the outcome just feels a bit uninspired.

>Actually I'm pretty sure a modder on Nexus made a standalone sex animation using a bed
IIRC that was just a replacer for a paired animation, played with playidle.

>I wanna take some me-time off for Starbound.
Is that shit out of beta yet?

Out of beta tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll make me feel much better about having bought the game.

Comes out of beta tomorrow

Thats why I wanna take some time off for it. Story mode and all stuff is in now. No more character wipes after this, too.

>Cool. I'll start rigging them on Monday / Tuesday.
Are you able to start them sooner? Things are already lagging behind as it is.

I bought years ago when the hype was fresh. The promises faded and it all went cold. My mind faded off it for a long time until they slowly started making do on what's left.

Good to know that it's coming back. Maybe I can finally play it again.

>inb4 more disappointment

They can't do a bethesda, right?

I could probably get them all done in a few hours. How many models are there?

Speaking of starbound, is the regular version of it in my steam library supposed to lack the news and achievement bits on it's main page? Cus the unstable version in my library has both.

I haven't launched unstable in months, I want all the new stuff to be fresh.

I heard they'd add achievements for it. I hope they have some good achievements that promote playing the game in unusual ways.

It doesn't quite sound like the game they had planned in 2012, but I still think it will be fun in its own right. But I hope they have more endgame content.

Pretty sure it has all the feature they promised. But I never followed its development.

I don't really know. Quite a few last I checked.
I'd just like a few enemies that aren't mirelurk queens for Saturday's stream.

The original Fallout games had plenty of real life guns, but the thing I liked the most was that the fictional designs looked pretty good and not overdesigned.

One needs to look only at the plasma and laser weapons from Fallout 1 and 2 to Bethesda to see how the designs drastically changed towards more sci-fi.

Checking google a bit seems to indicate that that my issue is intended. I can't imagine why they wouldn't add achievements to the game when the regular version launches fully, it's pretty much a given for games nowadays.

Its development is all over the place, there was going to be a lot of stuff, but they either lost so many people that the ideas got lost or their focus wasn't very good. Probably a mixture of both.

If the UVs are done before SB comes out, I'll try to do a few, I guess. I'm not even sure how many models Kos is going to give me. I know about the train gorilla, but not sure what else. Rigging that should be really easy desu, since its just a gigantic hat for a gorilla.

Yeah, I guess they just wanted to wait for 1.0. Im kinda wondering how many people will come back to it. And for how long.

If I reach the high end stuff in just a few hours, I'll be pretty dissapointed.

What some of the most A E S T H E T I C mods?

And fo4 has plenty of weapons based on real life guns, it's just that in today's climate FO went from its own genre to a niche of sci-Fi
I'm not saying it's good or bad, it simply is, you know?

Honestly fallout could use more retrofuture and sci-fi in its collective armory. Low to mid tier ballistics could be junk guns and maybe some clones of rl guns, but higher tiers should get a good number of weirder designs.

I'm pretty sure the last I played of the game was when the most you could do was fight that ufo you summon with a beacon. Also I'm pretty sure I dug up a bunch of oil or tar or something similar for some reason and got pissed that i couldn't find anything to do with it.

Yeah, you cant summon bosses anymore. Now they're in their own worlds, kinda. I miss that because it was kinda fun spawning the dragon on Avian warships.

Now, what I will say is fallout weapons should've been metro last light tier, with some weird science shit thrown in to fit the theme.
I'm the first user btw

That's utter dicks. Setting up arenas and generally preparing for bosses was a great part of terraria

Anyone got a decent Jsawyer based mod list for NV?

I hope it comes back, its probably a mod anyway

I think the best examples of Fallout weapon design are the original energy weapons, which still looked like normal weapons, and the 14mm Pistol. They looked badass instead of silly.

Yeah.

Yukichigai's Gameplay Tweaks, Project Nevada, JSawyer, Vicious Wastes, Nitty's Wild Ride, Mass Recalibration, Immersive Minigames.

Hardcore, that's how I roll. I use Weapons of the New Millenia, it breaks the balance if you are like me and haul ass from one town to the next just to sell the ones you can find (they fetch for 700-1000 when most guns you find are worth 200-300), but if you play correctly, you won't even notice the balance issues.

Good night, /fog/. See you in 10 hours.

STOP TALKING ABOUT STARBOUND

JESawyer Ultimate Edition
Animated Prostitution
Master Chief Companion

Sounds good, thanks.

Fuck off before this gets any worse

/fog/ - Starbound General

Tbh it's better than having NVfags and bethshitters having at it over some pointless semantic

Is there anything worthwhile left in this game?
Something worth enough to reinstall the game?

Mod or dlc?
All I see are gimmicks dlc and lewd mods.

>desu didn't get filtered
What

Godzilla's pretty cool.

Tbh Smh Senpai

so Tbh doesn't get filtered but desu does.
Wow. Nice filter you got there, nips.

>Don't like Piper
>See Buff's Piper
>I want to pipe her
How can I transfer her face to Curie?

if we're going to compare sheer numbers like they even matter

theres all the melee weapon variants to mod in Fo4 that eclipses the total number of melee weapons and unique counterparts in NV even as gimped as the selection is, at least there is some semblance of sidegrades for melee rather than 3 permanent attachments you can only find in certain places

I'm looking forward to TES with some of these systems and enchanting different parts of a sword or somesuch nonsense

carefully

THIS
dear lordie I loved the animation in TESIV where you could shoot fireballs from your sword.
MAKE
IT
HAPPEN

I've dumped about 100 hours into the game between launch and new years. Got about halfway through the story and came to the conclusion that i had my fill. Actually, no, i was fucking sick with all the little things i just can't forgive.

I mean the dialogue and RP system being fucked beyond belief is something i can forgive because about 80% of the time i'll be exploring, shooting and looting so those things being lackluster is what i hope modders will fix in the near future.

Now i'm waiting for all the DLC and patching to be over so modders won't get their shit fucked and can actually work with a steady base. Hopefully new animations won't take too long to come out so i might install the game again.

Hopefully.

At least the full launch will be out in ~13hrs

you spooped someone with that youtube.com/watch?v=DcHQaDoZ4A4

>it's another Bethesda babies shitposting that Fallout 4 offers variety because MUH WEAPON MODDING thread

Grow up.

>I mean the dialogue and RP system being fucked beyond belief is something i can forgive because about 80% of the time i'll be exploring, shooting and looting so those things being lackluster is what i hope modders will fix in the near future.
Frankly, I finished the game in about 2 or 3 days, I got only 60 hours in it, I uninstalled the day after.

This game was obviously not made for rpg players.

what are you guys doing

Playing Fallout 1.5 and getting my ass kicked.

Why do people keep arguing over which game is the best? I swear, one of the most cancerous things about the fanbase is that any discussion seems to quickly devolve into a shouting match between a bunch of idiots that just can't handle the fact that someone doesn't like New Vegas or Fallout 3 or F4 or even the classic ones. Why can't we just get along and accept that each game has things that make them great and they all have flaws but at the end of the day are pretty enjoyable games?

oh yeah how is it

doing my makeup

while your comment is a good one, it's a terrible /fog/ comment.

Kek

Oh yeah, I should add an explosion when he spawns.

>Body worse than Buff's
how
how can people have tastes this bad

Good, actually. But being a diplomat character is suffering so far and I'm only in the beginning, doing jobs in New Hope to get caps.

>waifushaming
>2016

DO YOU LIKE NEW VEGAS OR FO4 PICK ONE NOW

Shitposters shitposting other shitposters, probably.

People who enjoy things get shitted on by people who do not enjoy things

The people who enjoy things leave and the people who do not enjoy things only have each other to shit on

her eyes look a bit too....open. it's a little creepy

>tfw one week till Resurgence
I can't fucking wait

>Codsworth says stupid shit like Fuckface
>Doesn't say such a simple name as 'Mac'

BETHESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trying Overwatch with the new patch and ragequitting after playing competitive with fucking randoms.

should've named your character Jon Salsa Rhaegar Targaryen

I like the one that has guns in it.