Does rice culture need to come back?

Does rice culture need to come back?

Yes, stance is boring

It never left, just devolved into stance.

nah

most people have better taste now so we have stance instead

Eh I'll take ricers over stance any day. At least with rice they're actually unique and are less likely to get destroyed by speed bumps or pot holes.

Anything is better than stance.

hell yes.
at least rice cars could actually perform, unlike le funny wheel cars who spend hours carefully going over slight bumps and around corners.

Cars are a lot easier to unfuck from stance than they are from rice.

itt

tards blinded by nostalgia and 12 year olds

t. stancefag

truth hurts dont it fgt

go cry over your RIP Paul Walker sticker

Why would you de-rice when you can buy a stock shitbox for next to nothing

Depends on how stanced they are, really. Yeah, bodywork sucks, but if they've fucked the frame that's gonna be a pain in the dick.

>Rice
shitty bolt on parts
tons of stickers
crappy aftermarket rims
>Stance
totally fucked suspension
ruined underbody from scraping
car smells like vape smoke

fuck stance

In 15 years Veeky Forums will have "Does stance need to come back?" because something objectively worse has replaced it
I fucking hate humanity

At least stance can look kinda good. Emphasis on the word "can".

I will never understand why you guys get so assblasted that some cars are too low.

I've had some pretty low cars and the only thing you'll mess up is bumpers and tires.

De stancing would be a whole hell of a lot easier than de ricing

Stance in the OG Japan sense means, well, slam it, kill the wheels with camber and then drift it until no amount of drift stitching can save your plastic front and rear bumpers. I'm an expert, I watched the feature film where MCM went to Japan and built an OG Japan Stance drift missile under the guidance of the Japanese masters. Even Marty and Moog were cringing like fuck as that thing scraped across the street on the test drive. Then they went back to the guy who directed the construction and asked him if it really is supposed to be that way. He confirmed it, so they shrugged their shoulders and went on with it.

Stance is an American thing

Shakotan and VIPPU aren't stance..

Stance is when you try to emulate the styling of a vip car on something like a civic and fail really hard at it.

You also don't know anything about VIP or Eurolowrider or even old school cambered out volkswagens., if you are a stance fag...

Stance fags try to emulate things they don't understand.

>MCM

lol mcm are retards that p platers think are cool.

you dont know anything about stance

typical

Yeah, but even the OG Japan style inevitably destroys the car, so how could stance fags do any worse? Those Japanese drift missiles often don't even have a suspension anymore.

>see car on Craigslist
>it's stanced
>even if I reverse the damage, I have to get new tires

you gotta understand

these tryhards hate the word "stance"

shit from Japan is cool to them because its not "stance"

Because its a failed attempt at something..

Kind of like how californians laugh at people calling cars with 20inch wire wheels lowriders

I'm just saying, no matter how hard you stance your car, my Gokart is still lower than that and is in fact built to drift at all times.

except its not

youre just trying hard to hate it to fit in and making up stupid justifications to do so

Stancing has been around for nearly a century, though it has only recently been labeled as such. People have been cutting springs since Henry sold the first Model A.

Ricing is a fad that cannot die soon enough.

But, as long as eBay and Amazon are around, ricing, which I identify as adding a bunch of cheap as fuck parts to an otherwise underwhelming econo-shitbox, the meme will live on.

ITT: we predict what next absurd Veeky Forums related trend will be

Lowriders sit low to the ground and have stretched tyres yet they are a completely different style of car from the "illest, yolo i dont know what im copying" fad cars.

There are retards on here that think any car thats lowered is stanced.

then there are retards who hate something to fit in while spouting dumb shit repeatedly

t. stancefag

No.

See how the wheels aren't flush with the guards?

It may have stretched tyres but it doesn't matter if the car is "hella flush" like a stanced car.

See how the wheels are not all "hella flush" or "bro i can stick a credit car between my tyres and wheels arch"

Is it retarded? That's up for you to decided

Is it an illest hellaflush stance car? no it isn't.

If you think it is you are misinformed...

get rekt weeb

why do you try so hard its making me cringe

This car sits low to the ground and has stretched tyres.

Is it retarded? That's up to you to decided.. I don't care either way.

Is it an hella flush style stance mobile?

No, if you think so you are simply misinformed.

b-but its grorious nippon they can do no wrong!

keep talking shit you dont know about

Hate weeb mobile all you want.

Say they are shit looking etc... but don't get your genres of car mixed up.

It's like saying a lead sled is the same thing as a lowrider.

there is no mixing up

youre just being retarded

its the same suspension style

>le bippu may may

Le silly wheels on luxury cars is not VIP. VIP is luxury cars modified to go fast to escape from the law and rival yakuza.

I have said a million times it's okay to think they are retarded.

Just don't call them "stance" or "hellaflush style"

How many times do I need to say it.

I don't care if you think they are retarded that's your opinion.

Even if they are equally retarded as hellaflush stance cars they are not the same thing.

theyre the same for the most part

youre just a weeb who doesnt want the word "stance" associated with something you like

All cars have the same styles of suspension you retard.

coilover, strut, leaf, mcpherson, doublewish bone... all the same kinda shit...

now youre just grasping and playing dumb

Who says I like zokusha cars?

I just hate when people brag about being misinformed.

Same kinda suspension?

Please explain how there are special cars out there with magical suspension that works completely differently to every car on the road.

There isn't...

I could do a wheel change, wind down my coilovers and adjust my camber kit on my car and it would be a stance car..

and you know why? They don't have some kind of special suspension that is exclusive to stance cars...

please tell me you're just pretending

how fucking stupid are you to think Im talking about goddamn suspension designs

english better not be your 1st language

>vape
>smoke

How many track cars have adjustable coilovers and camber kits?

By that logic they are also stanced cars...

Please tell me about the special kind of suspension that is exclusive to stance cars?

It can't be adjustable coilovers and camber kits because I am sure track cars use them.

I never knew stanced cars, zokusha cars had their own special kind of suspension that no other car on the road has..

Learn something new everyday.

He's referring to suspension setup you fucking retard. I cannot believe this had gone on this long.

See how stretched this tyre is?

It's still not a stanced car.

A lot of track cars also have the same shit.

Coilovers and camber kits... Change the wheels on them and they could be rolling around with stretched tyres and heaps of negative camber only after a few adjustments.

Yes, that is a different suspension setup than their race setup.

Not to mention some stanced cars have not much camber at all and could look like normal cars that are just a bit lower than usual after a wheel swap...

Some race cars could have the wheels fitting flush with just a simple change of wheels.

Does that make them stanced?

If the answer is no, then why is it that you consider zokusha cars the same as stanced cars for having "the same kinda suspension.

>suspension and suspension mounts fucked
>frame and exhaust grinded to nothing from scraping everywhere

Yeah, sure

Anything modified should be an obvious red flag

If a show car has the same suspension set up as a track car does that make it a track car as well even though it only has those flash parts just for show?

Every kind of car with the same kind of suspension is the same thing.

Lol, a good 80% of stanced cars here in the Netherlands are VW Golf's, then some Civic's and Miata's

My first post in this thread was I have no fucking idea what zosuka or whatever cars are. You just know a stanced out car when you see it, whatever you call it. I don't care about all the little subculture names, it's all garbage.

Hot rod culture needs to come back.

thats gone nowhere

its also garbage and basically boomer rice now

MUTHERFUCKIN THIS

Holy shit I'd take rice over stance any fucking day.

The underbody gets scraped
The scraping rubs off paint/rust protection IF IT HAD ANY
Moisture gets introduced easier because FUCKING SCRAPED TO HELL
Moisture get introduced while sitting still BECAUSE THE FRAME IS LITERALLY ON THE PAVEMENT
Frame scrape? THAT MEANS FRAME BENT. ALWAYS
Differential housing CRACKED, transmission WRECKED, every fucking thing RUINED TO HELL

This is just talking underbody, not even the FUCKED UP SUSPENSION or FUCKED UP BUMPERS, FENDERS, BASICALLY WHOLE BODY

>Hot rodding = ricing

Fuck you man. That isn't even funny.

God dude, I understand it's cancer but think for a second: it's not your car. The assmaddery is real.

it pretty much is

>same kind of suspension
>same thing.
yup

No it's not. But it could be if I want a 240sx, or a vw, or a 3 series.

You think these 20 something college dropouts working $10 an hour at jiffy lube are going to keep their car forever in working condition? They're gonna haggard garage the shit out of it, and pass it to the next schmuck that will further the cancer.

And if not me then you. And if not you then another person, who will want to buy one of these cars and actually look after them. Lots of people want to get into cars but can't find anything that's not fucked because stance.

When people say they are "literally ruining scene" that means they are literally ruining the cars themselves, the frame, the body, the actual car is getting literally ruined.

Oh but they're so many so who cares if a couple dudes have some fun

Not anymore. And it'll be less for years cause stance. And it doesn't matter if there were even more, try to respect the singular car itself man.

Vape smell from interiors is the new cigarette smoke.

Here's the kicker, cigarette smokers dangle it out the window, and non-chalantly blow normal amount of smoke through the corner of their mouth out the window.

Oh but muh vape is odorless! If you use it as it was designed to, but nooooo....

...Vapers fill the cabin with a literal fuck ton of the stuff, saturating every single nook and cranny, coating every carpet fabric hair, 24/7, all the time. Adds up. Adds up quick.

You absolutely can not get that amount of residue out unless you replace everything. And even then it's coated the nooks and crannies of the dash, interior panels....

Fuck stance.

that's still retarded though

It's still around but it's a lot more subtle and underground than it was.

Gone are the colors, decals, and shit that scream "I RACE THIS SHIT" for cops to fuck with, and now their exteriors are a lot more under-stated.

Rice and stance in my area seem to be blended. The rice is just annoying, and none of the stanced cars look great either.
The pickup truck donks are almost worse than the rice.
But, I'd rather stick with stance-I've seen one or two good looking stance cars and never a good looking rice car.

You're concentrating on the way it looks.

As a car, it's a very important aspect. You're not wrong.

Whoever underneath, it's a mess. A car can not be a car unless it can move, unless you can count on the differential not splitting on you, unless you can count on the frame not being bent. Looks you can change, it might even be hard.

You know what they do for irreplaceable frame damage? Junk em. Immediately and for good reason.

You know what happens when your stanced ride hits a stray anything on the road? And it will hit something sticking up on the road, you're not an eagle, you can't see everything.

We like you user. Stay safe.

what the fuck is this stanced shit

Oh, I would be extremely cautious when buying a car with any sort of modifications, I have no idea how well or poorly the work has been done. Even with an aftermarket radio and amp, I've seen some wiring horrors that are begging for an electrical fire. I wouldn't buy the car.
That said, I think in a few cases a car has pulled off stance or rolling coal or some of the obnoxious things really well if only by virtue of them just not being right otherwise. The welderup rat rod wouldn't be as good without the smoke, and Rusty Slammington wouldn't be as good unstanced. But I'd argue those two fit into the rare examples of a vehicle that can take some not well liked feature and roll with it so well that they would be less exciting without it, they're greater than the sum of their parts.
And I've yet to see that with rice, I've never seen even a picture of a car that can embrace rice in a well done and well built way where it looks better for it.
I would own none of those cars, but I can respect their looks.

You then understand that you have an opinion, as I do, that that's totally fine.

Even if every ricer you see is ugly in your eyes, which again is fine, I would argue that more often then not, rice overall will be slightly less detrimental to the actual important car bits (actual frame, transmission, drive axle, suspension) then stance. Both rice and stance done badly is awful, but the riced one is the safer bet, generally speaking, when talking about the car's overall condition of it being mechanically a car. Cosmetically, I totally get that the stanced one is your preference, and honestly it would probably be mine too when put side to side with bad rice, but hairline fractures, shoddy suspension/frame geometry, and extreme wear and tear is nothing to joke about. Even if it looks way way better than the other car.

did you know stancefags don't think what they do to their car is rice?

This is the face of stance.

you forgot the vape

>Stancing has been around for nearly a century
U wot m8

>he thinks stance is a new thing

Please let it be rally style cars. Slightly lifted, off-road tires, etc. Shit would be dope

>rice vs stance discussion
I was under the impression stance was a form of rice?

>stance
>better than rice

HAHAHAHAHAHA

that shit is gayer than stance

You're an idiot

You are fucked in the head if you think rally is worse than stance.

the fake rally style lifted shitbox shit is easily worse than stance

much more rice and much more tryhard

at least it's practical and doesn't destroy the car.
>can hit bumps with no worry
>can drive off-road a little more

>Calm your jimmies

But what if I bought a nice E30, kept in in great condition, maintened it well, only to wreck it in an accident? (Either my or someone else's fault)
Then the car's lost as well

This shit?

+1 for this +2 for mad max style

its useless and looks gay and tryhard

seriously Id take rice and stance over this shit

How is this gay?

If the FandF series still has influence on car culture expect it soon

thats a rally car

not some fagboys edgy lifted shitbox

You are correct. But you're not actively putting it at greater risk than most other cars.

It's a baseline risk that's taken by any car on the road, stanced, rice, stock, whatever.

What isn't a baseline risk, is stance, especially bad stance, which let's face it, is like 90% of stance out there. You're actively putting extreme amounts of extra wear and tear, and placing your ride in a place or extreme increased risk of it catching on something, or having a rocks completely shred body panels

No one's gonna fault you for getting in a legit accident, not your fault. But you do put some blame on yourself and increased risk to your car everytime you go out on a stanced car.

Say you go for a ride in your stanced car and nothing happens. You didn't hear any huge clunks, avoided large rocks. Are you sure anything didn't happen? You scraped slightly on the driveway. There was a bit of loose gravel that kicked up a bit under your left front wheel well. These are not single incidents. They happen multiple times you take a stanced car out. Little by little everything erodes, metal gets scraped and shaved off, and weeks, months go by and you have now prematurely aged your ride, your undercarriage and frame 5x, 10x, 25x faster than normal. A random rock is not your fault. Putting your car in the way of the rock is.

Good stuff yo. Hope to god stance can die soon and this replaces it.

>How is this gay?
That car is AWD

These are FWD