/TMSG/ - Tokyo Mirage Sessions General

KOWASHITAI! Welcome to /tmsg/!
----------------
News
>Restoration patch is out now, more info here: gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/ .
>Official Vocal Collection CD and Visual Arts Document Collection have been released in Japan. They can be bought from retailers like Amazon JP or CDJapan.
>Concert in Japan that happened in June may have a possible DVD/BD release.
----------------

No arguing about censorship or piracy. If you need help setting up loadiine or the restoration patch, go to Homebrew General or the aforementioned GBATemp thread. This thread is purely for discussion of the game.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10805666
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55779109
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best girl.

kys tharjacuck

>tharja
I don't know what I expected
Are we ever going to start using schoolgirl Mamori as a mascot or did everyone else ignore that genius suggestion in, like, the second thread

I second this.

>5 posts in and the thread's already almost dead
LIVE, DAMN YOU

Post Touma.

It can't be helped.

POLL OF THE THREAD

strawpoll.me/10805666

Today we have Yashiro, who will NOT be our last costume based poll as we started with Tsubasa, and so therefore still have Itsuki and Tiki to go. Yahsiro only has EDGE and ridiculous, so pick whichever you prefer.

As for the last poll, with 3 votes, Mamori looks best in her jp only dlc swimsuit. Modern Girl and School Life are tied for second at 2 each, and then everything else except lesson mode (which has 0) has 1. I'll let the thread draw its own conclusions about what the results of this one says about our thread.

strawpoll.me/10805666

what is her swimsuit like
what are all of them like actually

>Yashiro poll
>ends in 666
God damn edgelord.

>zany music plays for a crazy comedy scene
>it's just an attractive retarded girl handing things out to strangers
>it's just two bros saying hi to girls and getting their numbers
Fatlus pls

>Implying Touma's lack of game isn't hilarious

Dude you're on cuckchan. Touma still has more game than any of us.

>I know let's find a stray cat to teach me devilish charm!
>I bought a crepe to lure the cat
>It was a raccoon and it stole my crepe
>"DOKI DOKI DOKI DOKI DOKI DOKI DOKI DOKI"
THIS FUCKING QUEST HOLY SHIT

Tsubasa is canonically autistic.

In the end, Elly wore it best.

I wonder how Robin would react to seeing his Mirage wife.

Goodnight /tmsg/.

Have a Kiria to bump

Good morning, /tmsg/

Good night TMSG, don't die overnight again.

Mandatory Tiki

Tiki is the cutest and bestest.

what the fuck is up with the search function for a second I thought the thread was dead

happy friday /tmsg/! what are you doing today?

Still wrong, swirly tits a best

Laughing at smtcucks.

Still at work for half an hour more. Then workout, shower and food. After that, either Ring2 or some Anime.

Oh shit the thread lived

tharjafag why do you go to sleep at 6 am and wake up at noon

Because I've lost control of my life.

I love Eleonora!

Going to the beach with some friends in a bit.

You could NOT be more wrong.

Complaining on the internet about plotholes in Zero Time Dilemma It's a perfectly fun game, the ending is just not very solid, I think all 3 games in the series have this issue desu
Also a job interview

Grinding in preparation for NG+
Lunatic will be on NG++/Season 3

You know Lunatic doesn't carry over things like stats or carnages right?

>fighting Lorenz
>he's at about 40% health, still green
>suddenly Kiria gets an ad-lib
>kills him when I wanted to kill him on Mamoris turn
>have to restart
Well great.

I know that; why do you think I said NG++? Plus I want to know how M-Deus works before getting raped on Lunatic.

we're fucking dead

>when I wanted to kill him on Mamoris turn
Why?

Unique victory dialogue and autism

Isn't the dialogue in Japanese without subtitles anyways?

>he doesn't understand Japanese
top pleb

And yeah, there's no subs but still, it's a thing I have to do.

Live

No

B E S T B O Y

NICE COMBINASHION

ISSE ISSE

Post tikis

What an absolute qt.
>you'll never be her oniichan

Best girl.

Finishing Naoya's route in DeSu

How old is Tsubasa Oribe?

17 years old!

JUU
NANA
SAI

8 years old.

Mentally

Cute

Autistic people are smart!

>Tsubasa
>smart
Nah

how can she be such a good idol if shes not smart

>fails her tests in school
>is dumb enough to try and learn from a cat
>can't act
She's got decent chops, that's it.

I want to pet Tsubasa's sweater puppies!

Why are you so mean to my waifu ;_;

I love and hate Tsubasa, I love how silly she acts, but I also hate it since it's so ridiculous, I love her quotes in battle and her ad-libs are goat, but I hate that she's still pretty sucky in battle.

Everytime she goes doki doki it makes me go doki doki though, so it's all good.

I love and hate you, I love you because you're nice to me but I hate you because you're mean to my defenseless baby

>not giving her null fire so she can block my sick burns

We need more Caeda lewds.

*Caeda's Mirage Master, Tsubasa Oribe

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55779109

Will this do.

Already got that one.

Well there's another one but it's pretty shitty since the artist always does /d/ tier shit.

>it's pretty shitty since the artist always does /d/ tier shit.
Why does this always happen

Are these dark cleric lolis from SMT or were made for this game ?
I can't find any info about them on google.

i thought they were a fire emblem thing

LIVE

>I think all 3 games have this
AGREED.

But you know The games are ticking time bombs of tension, suspense, and unanswered questions. You fumble the endings, it's like premature ejaculation. 999 was killed by this when its competition was fucking Ghost Trick.

What's your guys' favorite song? Mine is Beastie Game.

Raindrop Memory

Mah nigga. Good taste

I'm a sucker for Reincarnation, I also really like Fly for some reason.

Fly is great.

This is the best jrpg I played in years.

Holy shit im not even a weeb. Im not into this idol shit. But the turn based combat is some.of the best and most fun I tried in years.

Even made me care more about Persona 5.

And Im surprised at how fluid the animations are in combat. Even when you're not doing anything their idle animations look great.

>this faggot Yashiro is literally saying we're weak for relying on friends like some fucking anime rival midboss faggot even though he's our damn co-worker.
Lemme guess I'm gonna have to fight him and lose and then we go out and do some gay cutscene shit before I can finally fuck him up. Am I close?

>Even when you're not doing anything their idle animations look great.
I love their animations in battle before you select a move

>even though he's our damn co-worker.
Have you recruited him yet? What chapter are you on? He's a pretty big douche but he's ok.

Fatlus is absolutely great at the presentation for this stuff.

I still think EO has far smarter, more tactical, but not bloated and random and overwrought, combat.

But TMS is pretty dang stupid fun.

I just beat up the photographer and Minori is making the whole cast go hnnnnngh all at once so I think I've got another chapter before we hit the Yash chapter unless they combine Minori and Yashiro

You're going to enjoy the beginning of chapter 3, and the end of chapter 4. Just keep playing.

I think part of the brilliance of TMS combat is it takes Persona 3/4 team attacks and basically makes them every attack.

This isn't simple. There is a lot of craft to make "ARE YOU READY PARTNER?" "FUCK THEIR SHIT UP!" "GOOD ANSWER!" "ARRRAAGHGH" "SMASHSMASHSMASH" feel satisfying in a turn based JRPG. Same with watching prancing cosplaying idols flip and spin in combos.

But it's still the same fist-pumping satisfaction all the same. Like nailing a double barreled shotgun blast perfectly in a shooter that has a good DBS.

I'm curious if they lucked into this mix or if they ran through a lot of prototypes of this mechanic before they could get the feel right.

Lost Dimension is another RPG that more or less does the exact same chain mechanic, only it's based on proximity rather than weaknesses (LD is more of an SRPG.). Still, those games have guns and knives and somehow it doesn't come close to feeling as cool as TMS. In fact, by the time you get toward the downward slope of the obligatory second playthrough, it becomes incredibly tedious sitting through the bland shoot animations and moving people up so you can churn through 6 factorial attacks to down two losers.

So the point is, Atlus is very good at making this mechanic work.

Live overnight since I need to sleep

oh so now you'll take care of yourself