/vn/ - Summer edition

Visual Novel General #1144

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7tYs5SRCePk
kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/sharin-no-kuni-a-visual-novel-localization-project
vndb.org/v13871
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8alGmb6QI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

FIRST FOR MORE DIVERSITY/POC IN VISUAL NOVELS

Majo koi nikki when?
youtube.com/watch?v=7tYs5SRCePk

>SnK kickstarter not doing well
>let's get more rewards and on more platforms, which will require even more money!

Like, holy shit, how much can it cost to vet a pre-existing translation and then publish it? Are they seriously trying to pay for 100% of all their costs starting with the license through kickstarter? Why even publish the game if you don't think it's going to sell enough to make your investment back?

Is dead, jimmy
kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/sharin-no-kuni-a-visual-novel-localization-project

oy vey, what's gonna happen to the monies pledged until now

kickstarter only takes money if the goal is met.

this game is stressing me the fuck out. I feel like shit deciding between the two especially since I've already chosen the name four god damn times. It's like this vn wants me to hate myself

I like lolis.

it's just waiting for you to fuck up. if you miss once, it's ogre.

Is Sharin no Kuni a kinetic novel or something?

S L U T
L
U
T

No, what makes you think that?

It's a bit unusual, basically which girl you choose to hook up with gives them way more scenes and plot importance but the overall plot and ending stays the same, although the epilogue changes.

I read that it has no real routes or something and was kinda like Ef

I like the story, but it feels really weird just having 4 option choices throughout the whole thing. why would you purposefully try and fuck with your readers...

test

it's accurately modeling real life. there's a lot of choices to make in relationships and one misstep and you'll be alone forever. that's why we dont bother with 3dpd

>simulating 3d relationships in a visual novel
at least the choices will never be as arbitrary as fucking clannad.

That's true. Instead of a route each girl gets their own arc and you basically just go through each girl's arc and then get a choice to fuck them or not. If you pick a girl it eliminates later choices but you get an extra scene or two with them later on and their ending.

loli a shit. Which VNs have more mature girls with curvier bodies?

Why does sekai keep asking if it is OK if they delay WEE ep 3 for bullshit no one cares about, like porting it to renpy, and then when people said they don't give a shit about the engine they come back and ask hey guys can we port ep 2 to Mac before we finish ep 3?

If you think it is going to be delayed more just come out and say it rather than fishing for excuses to do it. You are already over a year behind schedule and it isn't exactly going to surprise anyone that it is delayed further.

Monobeno

>loli a shit
Fuck you

>Which VNs have more mature girls
Starless

vndb.org/v13871

I'm a lolicon and those things look disgusting

Harem Guild, translated by our resident guy Quof

By way more scenes you mean like three, right? And none of them changes anything significantly. Like Sachi going "Oh hey I know you're dating me right now but um pretend you aren't for the moment okay? Otherwise Natsumi's arc doesn't make much sense."

Hey Quof, you lurking nigga?

Reminder that EOPs will never get to experience glorious 1080p VNs until at least 5 years down the road when some faggot decides to """"""translate"""""" a recent VN for you

Is it still worth a read in your opinion? Because I hated the way Ef worked with a passion

Does this actually happen?

No it's shit and looseboy is a hack.

what recent VNs are 1080p?

Yes, that's how it works. Sharin no Kuni is alright. Let's say 8/10 or so with average being a 7. Maybe an 8.5 if you're feeling generous.

Your choice of heroine is largely irrelevant, likely because the game is written around main heroine Natsumi. Who is trash. Only token acknowledgement is given to the other two heroines you can date before her once you've gotten past their arcs. If you haven't picked either of them you're faced with a last minute choice between Natsumi and two other endings which I guess I shouldn't spoil.

I should note that if you're going in expecting something built around romance you're going into it for the wrong reasons. There is love and sex, but they're honestly not that important to the main plot.

The Witcher.

Skyrim is a better moege in every way though

>having to mod it to be good
lm@00

So they're gonna try again later huh? You guys think they will fail then again?

I heard JAST is localizing Skyrim 2. Is it true?

no thats sekai project

Jesus christ that scene was so fucking retarded I was actually surprised they managed to make Yumiko's route worse in the adaptation.

So who did you go with?

Cool kids go for the fandisk so they can get Tamie.

Yeah waiting for MG to get on it.

i went with chihiro. I'm a sucker for the childhood friend trope. I usually make choices based on what I'd do in real life for my first playthrough, but it's kind of difficult given the choice structure in this vn. Just ended up going with something I know I like.

I see a lot of love for visual novels like Planescape Tormet, Witcher 3 and E.Y.E but how do we feel about Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines?

She was annoying.

O lawd, wait till you get to Rise's route. Dont want to spoil too much but prepare for that guilt.

I skipped through the entire VN and jacked off to to the blue hair

No, Konomi was annoying. Tamie was great.

Rise still best girl.

Yeah i think I'm going to do the others before rise just because there's already so much guilt in this route.

Might as well play a nukige then. Missed some great sweet and lovey dovey moments.

worse than the original

Is Rain best girl in Baldr Sky?

AYAKA'S LISPS MAKES MY DICK HARD

That was just an audio problem.

You're face is an audio problem.

well congrats, they made her character that much hotter.

Well I was certainly not expecting this.

holy shit that isn't just me? her voice makes me uncomfortable. Like it's recorded at a lower bitrate.

wrong quote, fuck my life

I usually dislike common routes because most of the action happens in the character routes, so in contrast, I really liked ef's structure.

>tfw EOP

Funbag Fantasy's release date is September 9th.

One of MG's upcoming announcements is an HD vn, so EOPs will get to experience at least one 1080p vn.

>tfw patient EOP
Kick back and relax. From most guesses looks like besides shill projection's garbage we're going to have a good second half of releases.

Albeit I still have enough to read that I wont be done until 2018. Prayers for those with nothing left to read.

I'm a girl

What's your guilty pleasure?
I've been listening to Grisaia OST and been enjoying it quite a bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8alGmb6QI

I'm made of a thousand swords.

Makina is my daughter.

what gayme?

You can't read EOP

It's not translated

くそがき

>tfw EOP

I don't understand why this is the reply to

Why don't I suck your dick?

I carefully decided to use that image to reply to that post.

Sure

おやすみ

>おやすみ

They actually pulled the Sharin no Kuni kickstarter because it bombed. That's absolutely hilarious. I hope this time it gets even less than last time just for the madness of it.

Really? Post the original link.

Why don't you google it

/vn/ is better dead anyway

It just turns into retarded "Discord drama" and Reddit friends during the afternoon now, It's like Fuwanovel posts are accidentally posted on here something.

Cho Dengeki Stryker any good?

It`s hilarious. So yes.

best place to get it now that KAT is dead?
The translated one thati s.

Kill yourself.com

>best place to get it now that KAT is dead?

Nyaa.eu

Does this cow ever stop being the biggest arrogant bitch in the world, or is that going to be exclusive to her route?

Because right now I fucking hate her with a passion.

Don't post kusoge.

Garbage VN

There's nothing in this thread but kusoge.

I hated her too, however when i did her route i crushed on her hard. Had a mini existential crisis when i was done with the game, even though she is a weaponsgrade tsun i fell in love with her it seems. I still feel like shit.