/edg/ - Elite: Dangerous and friends

Why the fuck do I always have to make the new thread - edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>Where the fuck can I find materials for engineers?
inara.cz/galaxy-components

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAzvNuF-1hM
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/76212-Elite-Memes/page106
youtu.be/CCIC7HLC-bU
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/275605-Engineers-Blueprints-Materials-Update
youtu.be/9SqM1VX2qlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for feds

Second for last thread:

>Why the fuck do I always have to make the new thread - edition

Hey, I called not it.

We always die when I'm sleeping.

Is there a reason for other ships to exist when all you need is an ASP and a Corvette?

>ASP
Are u serial???

Don't tell me you use a Anaslownda to explore.

objects caught within a planet's gravitational pull in realspace will fall to the surface, which makes them harder to scoop

i'm gonna point my ship to the surface city right below and see what happens

bumplimit, friendo. we proper general now.

continuation: a 722 ton python's terminal velocity seems to be 574m/s

Remember that mines aren't affected by gravity.

>corvette

You misspelled Cobra, CMDR. o7

I know. It just surprised me because I was 3.3Mm above the surface, examining a signal source. The moment I spawned in the stuff just started falling to the ground.

Can a corvette get fucked by a more agile ship, or is it just pure OP?

It can get assfucked by a skilled Vulture like all big ships.

The Anaconda is the best explorer ship in the game if you have no budget.

As in, money to outfit a spare Anaconda for exploration.

The ASP is the best explorer if you're low on budget though.

And why would you be? One afternoon of Sothis fixes you with enough money for a maxed out exploration Conda.

>tfw keep trying to find fun in bigger ships but keep going back to the vulture because gotta go fast and turn faster

I find this very stupid. Why waste millions on credits on a Corvette when a competent Volture or even a Viper can run around it in circles and ass blast it? It's like tank against motorcycles, no matter how skilled one might be with one they shouldn't be able to even dent the hull.

To poorly quote ftroop:
"We don't want people who have large ships to be indestructible by people who don't"

And to paraphrase that: "We want dads to stand a chance [in their Cobra MkIII]"
Also, do you know why the Dadbra has the fastest boost speed (if you don't count iEagle)?

But yes. It is a bit stupid that hugeass ships don't have passive defence against tiny ships, in the form of really strong shields or something. But because getting an A graded Conda takes roughly 150 hours of playing (without Sothis, mind you. With Sothis it's probably around 45 from the second you start) it would just cause people to fly large ships and nobody would even bother with 80% of the ships in game.

I think it makes a lot of sense. You're not supposed to 1v1 in any of the large ships. They're meant to be played with fighter bros on your wing.

If only we could have that level of interactivity with players. Imagine if there was a grouping/matchamking possibility.
A mission:
>A pirate lord on the loose!
>He has been seen flying a Conda
>Accept mission
>Starport would have an option: Look for wingmates, specify need for wingmates, specify price you would pay them (optional).

The problem is that it's actually very easy to 1v1 a decently fitted Anaconda/Corvette with a Volture.

Exactly, his point was that it would make sense that large ships should be unbeatable in 1v1 by small ships.

Now I remember why I don't take fucking missions at all. I have no idea what to do. They tell me I can find them in X system but this shit is gigantic how do I know where to look?

>ships don't have passive defence against tiny ships
But they do, smaller ships are limited to smaller hardpoints witch do less damage to larger ships. The vulture, however, breaks that mold hard by mounting large weapons though.

Is there a Nav Beacon? Go scan it, will tell you precisely where to go look for it.
Otherwise the mission icon tells you it is a planetary mission, so:
>Land on planet
>Get that SRV going
>Find loot
>If you roll double sixes it will Structural Regulators.

>spend several hours looking for last 3 mats for engie mod
>1 quest reward mat, 2 uss mats
>nothing found, no progress made in an entire evening

why is this allowed?

Not everything in life always goes to plan. Don't be an entitled millennial wanting instant gratification and everything just given to you!

Fly safe CMDR o7

Actually my argument is that it's perfectly fine vultures (and whatever else) can 1v1 corvettes, or at least it would be if the game worked as it clearly intends for you to play it. That is to say, fdev clearly want big ships to be glass cannons, not fortresses, and they want them flanked by wingmen in fighters to fight off the vultures and whatnot. Problem is we've got hardly any of the systems in place for that kind of gameplay to occur naturally. We need fighter bays, parasite fighters, guilds, stuff like mentioned, and a host of other stuff implemented. As it is now, they're all just big bullseyes.

What are you even saying? Vultures, Vipers even Cobras can fuck Condas and Corvettes up without the need of those systems you mention.

Condas and Corvettes need those systems, not the small ships. Reading comprehension.

Have the devs shown how multi crew will work? Will the crew be AI?

>Vulture pilots
>skilled

>implying anyone who knows how to play this game wouldn't fly one.

That's the one thing I hate about the salvage missions. Even with the scan telling you what planet to go to, it's obvious as fuck that you have to fly around the planet for a random amount of time before the mission objective spawns.

I got it up to 607 after boosting and then turning off the engines.

When I finish grinding for my current engie mod I'm gonna load a 404t cargo conda with shit and do the same

I spent days looking for the mission reward mats I needed. I actually have most of them but I'm just tired of looking and having to carry shit in my cargo bay that I wont need unless I have the mats that NEVER FUCKING SHOW UP ANYWHERE EVER.

The engi "fix" that's coming probably wont help at all. It'll probably just make it worse.

Stupid option: Just drift through the system looking for degraded or encoded signal sources. There is a small chance that any one of them will have your mission objective.

Smart option: Drop into the nav beacon and passive scan it, or if you have a discovery scanner nevermind the beacon and just honk it. You will be told where to look. Get within 0.5ls of the planet specified and drift looking for signal sources. In this case it's much more likely to show up and will even be identified as your mission objective before you even drop into it.

500 was pretty much the limit around the beta/release of horizons because of a soft cap on velocity. You couldn't push anything much further than that regardless of circumstances because of exponentially diminishing returns on speed.

That cap has since been relaxed so I'm curious to know what sort of terminal velocity a T9 can reach now.

I distinctly remember a screenshot of someone reaching over 900m/s in a loaded T9. It was posted in a thread here.

I don't like the conda for exploration just because its supercruise maneuverability is shit and that makes it a chore to pull away from stars / align with destination.

Am I able to suck a cock?

This isn't the X-universe.

That's the only non-monetary reason for not using it.

Will the thread survive me going to bed? Time will tell!

Post safely, CMDRs o7zzzzzzz

why do imperial ships look so shit and 'culture'-y?
fed ships are super sexy blocky spacecraft

really makes me sympathise with the feds more, even though theyre fucking stupid

What the fuck is up with hostages being put in canisters?

youtube.com/watch?v=oAzvNuF-1hM

Why go halfway

How's it goin, chums, we're doing great today, eh?

Good gracious, look at how time flies.

We're gonna have so much fun in two weeks, really looking forward to it.

Have a great day, ya'll.

get rekt spud
Imp ships are great.

no, they look like the portal gun

Didn't this game fucking die.

Not yet laddie.
It will die once the dads die.

Are they announcing anything at gamescom?

Fucked if I know. I'm not holding hopes up for anything.

New station designs and interiors. 's what I heard.
When is gamescom?

17.-21.8. so roughly a month to go.

I don't think it will happen but if they actually add walking on stations, ships and first person shooting, they'll have to re-model pretty much everything. Most of it looks great on a distance but as soon as you get close it has the look of a PS2 model.

And that is the reason why this game runs so well. And that is why I don't care about walking around shit.
I can get immersed enough sitting on my poopstool in my cockpit and just looking around.

True, the game is much less in need of more half-baked, buggy, grindy, shitty features than it is an expansion of the core game mechanics. I wish they'd just take a few patches to flesh out and give more purpose to the main professions, instead of tacking on more shit that no one wants.

Alright i wanna explore
what should be my goals?
what should i prep my ship with also i only own a cobra and a adder ,which one should i use?

What other purpose would the main professions have? They do what they're meant to do, I don't think there's not much else to do with them.

Purpose, not much without player guilds and expansion. They could vastly improve gameplay with added mechanics though.

Imagine if exploration was more than honking, and paid decently.

What if through concentrated play effort a system started gaining more population and lesser systems started losing...and need for different items?

A real economy. Even if it was a limited amount of core systems

"wait for gamescom" every time.

Does anyone know a good spot to grind Fed rank?

>he doesn't put hostages in cannisters

Do you want them to escape or something?

Cobra is the only option of the ones you listed. You'll want to A-rate the FSD and get an advanced discovery scanner.

Sothis runs.

Not him. I'd like more immersion stuff. Like, say, an assassination mission where they're on the surface of a planet, and when you get in range they try to rush their SRV to their ship, you could destroy the ship and try to shoot the SRV in the air as he flees, destroy the ship then land and have a SRV fight, cripple the ship and wait for him to board to finish it off, or let him board and dogfight him. It'd just be nice to have more variety.

Sothis doesn't do shit for ranks. I'm better off doing regular missions. I want systems like Shu Babassi 'm shiet.
Thanks for the reply, though.

I'm not getting a single 4/5 mil mission from
soothis to Ceos even after switching
what the fuck?

rekt

No i mean there has been a decrease of missions and ranking opportunities

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/76212-Elite-Memes/page106

Try not to get too suicidal

Kek
that thread is a goldmine

>mfw

>docking request denied in solo

what is this shit?

Pads are full. Also sometimes happens for no reason because VISION. Low wake out and back in and they should let you land.

Does the station faction not like you?

Different guy here, I think they really did nerf sothis/ceos, I've gotten 3 missions in two hours of refreshing. Can anyone else confirm, or confirm I have the worst RNG imaginable?

Not easy being a grown up adult, kids

I'm surprised there's a dad alive that even has more than 10k credits.

If I was making 5mil/hr trying to grind to any large ship I'd probably just uninstall and write E:D off as unsalvageable.

That should only happen in open. Must be the vision.

Nope.

What's your faction relations?

>What's your faction relations?

All allied.

New NMS trailer, trading.

youtu.be/CCIC7HLC-bU

Then you're rolling snake-eyes. What's the system status like?

Holy shit, ED is doomed.

>that borderlands-esque loot box at 0:45

Wow.

Like war you mean?

Yeah. Negative statuses may affect mission spawning.

Still says boom.

>forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/275605-Engineers-Blueprints-Materials-Update
two(2) weeks

youtu.be/9SqM1VX2qlc

>forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/76212-Elite-Memes/page106
almost got me hyped up to re install the game
then I remembered we still cant store modules and gave up