Tesla P100D

>0-60 in 2.75 seconds
>top speed 175 MPH
>range 305 per charging(charge time est. 30-45 mins)
>price $95k
What exactly is wrong with this car Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Z0_dLVsq9k
youtu.be/Vr9r81O5vN8?t=54s
youtube.com/watch?v=NvJAKVnK4qM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>$95k

That.

That's actually with zero options too, like shittiest seats, lights and colors. But that's the price with the best AWD engine so...

>>range 305 per charging(charge time est. 30-45 mins)
If I strap a single 20l fuel can to my 50ccm scooter I can probably outspeed this guy overland.
>mfw

They are trying, Musk said they want an average speed of 65 MPH. So in like 2-3 years, going 65 MPH will allow the battery to recharge itself at a ratio of 1:1 meaning if you don't go above 65 MPH you get unlimited mileage per charge.

I mean you can do it now with current model Tesla, a person managed to drive from San Diego to Las Vegas going like 35 MPH.

But my scooter averages 65mph when I pull out the limiters... And refueling takes like a minute.
I'm not seeing the price tag as very justified bro.

The Apple-tier faggots buying it.

>going 65 MPH will allow the battery to recharge itself at a ratio of 1:1 meaning if you don't go above 65 MPH you get unlimited mileage per charge
huh?

>Musk said he's going to create a perpetuum mobile

and I thought EV faggots were clever

>unlimited mileage per charge
So drive for free? Awesome!

>They are trying

To do what, break the laws of physics? I'm no physicist but even I know unlimited mileage per charge is beyond fucking retarded and impossible.

I kinda want Veeky Forums, what's wrong with me?

-posted from my Retina MacBook Pro

No, I mean you will still waste energy getting to that speed. However if you are cruising at that speed it shouldn't be using any of its own reserve power unless of course you brake or have to go up hill.

>what it thermal energy created by friction
>what is windage

Oh so because it's a Tesla it no longer requires energy to move it's self forwards????

Huh? Nigger, Newton's Laws are fine and all but we're not in space here. On Earth, you're forgetting air resistance, roll resistance and mechanical resistance from all the shitty construction. The EV will never run a zero sum game, not with all the regenerative braking in the world. You're basically describing a Perpetuum Mobile, and those don't exist.

i still don't get it
you'll always be using power to maintain that speed
unless you're driving in space or something

Me too. Congrats, you are not a fag.

Fuck your scooter to be honest family.
Get your head out of your ass.

Only if you manage to pull yours out from Elon's. Just kidding, that particular shade of brown looks great on your nose.

Things wrong with tesla:
>no sufficient cooling system for the battery means all it can do is drag race
The car can do with a radiator system or passive cooling with a new grid design.
>dead mushy steering
Even if its fast and can drive on the highway, the steering feels like a fucking golf cart. Fix this Tesla, hire someone from Germany and fix this.
>Appleshit of cars
No we do not want fucking stupid Apple gimick words, or inventing a need that doesn't exist. We want an electric car that drives like a real car.
>iPhone/iPad non-changeable battery pack
Overall its a nice first effort, but its lack of upgradability/repairability hinders its future prospect. There has been no car in the world were if your gas tank is broken you ended up having to buy a whole new car or pay 35k to change. MAKE the battery cheaper and easier to change.

this is literally you if you drive an electric car holy shit leave this board you fucking green nu male cuck envirosperg

tesla was so cool he was much better than edison and i'm a unique snoeflake for liking him he was so jnderrated even though there are entire leddit cults, guns cars and probably mangos named after him

and his name was nicole

a man named nicole

do us all a favor and kys

Something in this thread seems to have triggered you, please go to your safe space.

you're literally trying to make this your safe space by removing people who you disagree with you dumb shit

why are you on a car board if you like electricuck mobiles and reddit

The battery's basically a structural element. This makes the car overall lighter than a car that was designed to switch out the battery pack but, well, you can't readily switch out the battery. These are the kinda design decisions that you base the car around. I don't think any mainline Tesla will ever have changeable battery packs.

How's middle school going? When'd you discover Veeky Forums and start parroting the super hilarious party line?

Because its a car...
Its still dumb considering their competitors have switchable battery packs.

Whatever happened to the battery swap technology musk promised? I thought that was rad

What competitiors?

>Whatever happened to the battery swap technology
It turns out that ferrying a bunch of heavy batteries around the country burns a lot of diesel fuel.

it costs too much for the average poor fag on /k/

since they can never own it they will fabricate a million reasons why it sucks that dont actually exist

Nissan and Chevy.

Energy can not be created or destroyed, only transfered. Lay off of that crack rock.

Signed:
Chrysler-piloting nig-nog in his driving Timbs

>paying $95k for muh novelty thing
>not waiting until EV's are mainstream and prices drop thru competition.

I have to thank cuckla buyers, they pay for r&d, imma wait until fuel is no longer a trend and puck my big boy rc car for 35K with a nice interior. Or even go for a used one, when if battery swapping is cheap.

Also, buying in at this moment is dumb, maybe hydrogen cars become a trend and one could just upgrade his fuel car with a kit that will be cheaper than that electric bs.
>gg EV producers
Think about what's gonna happen when EV becomes mainstream, electricity prices will be hiked up.

>/k/
How about you go back there?

You forgot to take the price sticker off your airshit. Funfact, real guns don't have fucking PC Gaming type stickers.

Nope, ,
it turns out that there is not much profit in that.

It's like with smartphones. They make it an annoyance for you to swap it out on the flagship models.
Combine this forced incentive to buy the new version every few years, with the current trend for leasing cars and voila, you got your money printing factory.

Musk will be clever and work out really cheap lease rates, maybe even the gov will give some bonus. This will lead to a lot of people getting a tesla, most will get the model 3.
There you go, electric revolution.

What happens to them once the lease ends? I mean the cars become kinda useless after that since you can't really change out the batteries.

Changing forklift batteries is bad enough, no way that's going to work with a million vehicles on the road. Not everybody has time to sit around and sip latte's while getting their battery swapped out.

Thats a QR code, noguns. Lrn2 SIGSAUER.

>there is not much profit in that.
Could that possibly be because it costs too much?

>time to sit around and sip latte's while getting their battery swapped out.
It was only supposed to take 45 seconds.

Also the price would have been astronomical.

>fill er up good lad I intend to drive 200 miles today
>that will be $1000 sir

So far there have been attempts and near perfections in such technologies. But the creators often gets killed by some mysterious cause. You know, who does it.

What are you going to do with the hammer uncocked and safety on?

He was "supposed" to be in space by now too, notice a pattern? It's just lie after lie with Tesla.

Is that your poo hand?

Its DA/SA and there is no safety

come on now... my dream car was $80k new and it was made by GM

$95k is not that much

Veeky Forums cant afford it

Well, for the normal consumer they will be useless.

Tesla will make the battery hard to swap out without special tools and software, or something like that. Or even worse, make some restriction to work on the batteries, in the contract.

There is a ton of possibilities to fuck the consumer in the ass, it's a new tech, the average joe did not think about any long term costs of maintenance, so they have no idea what a serviceable EV is and what to look for when buying. Tesla will use this opportunity to stop any possible forming of an used EV market.

Might be, but i am still holding to my theory that they are doing the hard to service bs to press even more money out of the dumb consumer.

>TL:DR: Lay back and wait until electric becomes mainstream, learn from the early adopters mistakes.

>threatening his own monitor

Go on, shoot, all you'll do is rid us of your stupidity.

>come on now
>not that much

Speak for yourself. People who actually have that money, will not throw it away that easily for a tech, they have no experience with yet.

It's going to get btfo by its competitors.
youtu.be/1Z0_dLVsq9k

the sales of the model s would seem to disagree with you

>supposedly the future
>gets btfo by a porsche from 2009
top kek

..... No you frothing retard, it's regenerating enough charge to sustain itself at that speed.

It would probably extend the trip significantly

Is it faster than a civic now?

>literally cannot outperform a suv
gasoline>electric

It needs some German engineers.

if you are buying a Tesla expecting it to be a track car you are a retard and deserve to waste your money

gasoline>electric

>gtr from 2009 with 485 hp rapes the model s
top kek
ICE>ELECTRIC

who are you trying to convince?

>Koenigsegg One:1
>0-300-0 km/h in 17.96 seconds

>Tesla Model S
>0-240 kmh in 29.4 seconds

youtu.be/Vr9r81O5vN8?t=54s

ELECTRIC BTFO!!!

teslas aren't fast especially in a time when muscle/pony cars can turn.

>gasloine cars are better
>gasoline cars till need electrcity to work

literally cucked by electricity

you're comparing a 1.5 million dollar car to a $77,000 car..

no one's going to fall for this bait
you need to re-evaluate your life

>no one's going to fall for this bait

>falls for it

you aren't very smart, neckbeard

>huur duur tesla best performance car ever lolol get rekt outdated dinosaur juice cars
> nono don't compare anything other than 0-40mph sprints it isn't fair!

teslas accelerate very quickly from 0 to 60mph, especially for a car their size

anyone with a basic understanding of what this graph implies can tell that a tesla is not a good sports car and this says nothing of their inability to maintain maximum output for more than a few minutes
anyone who disagrees knows absolutely nothing about cars. you are arguing with nobody.

The most retarded post I've seen.

>What exactly is wrong with this car Veeky Forums?
It won't beat a Porsche from a launch.

Nonsense aside a Tesla is my new dream car.

to Veeky Forums? its drivers mostly

ok so, you extremely mistaken because you're ignoring a few things
>wind resistance (big one)
>efficiency loss of the drivetrain, because its moving parts which will always mean lost energy

Most phone batteries take longer than that to change. I would bet my life that 45 seconds would not be achievable.

turbofan>gasoline>electric

Most wheels take a bunch of time to change but if they're designed to be changed quickly (like on a race car) it takes seconds.

There's no fundamental reason you can't switch batteries quickly and easily. It just needs to be designed with that as a priority.

Only if you're keeping your old battery pack. There's no reason for it to be so expensive if you're just swapping an empty one for a full one.

Imagine a propane powered car where you just exchange a full bottle for an empty one but only actually pay for the bottle once.

The battery pack is pretty damn huge and covered by plastic panels, it's almost integral to the frame. You need some highly skilled robots/mexicans to undo all those bolts and cables. No way that's going to take 45 seconds.

they'd need to design the car around it
but it's mostly a stopgap measure and not really worth investing in the infrastructure when you can just invest more in the supercharger network and longer ranges on the cars in general

Still going to take much longer than 45 seconds. It takes longer to change a standard lead acid battery in a car now.

well, the thing is, does it matter that much?
charge times are going to get better, and for the vast (vast) majority of people, they'll take long trips like maybe a few times a year, and waiting 30 minutes every 300 miles is not unreasonable at all considering that 300 miles is like $12 in electricity costs

Coal powered car 1908+well anything.

Thermal efficiency

Large power plants, even old coal plants, produce far more energy per gram of co2; compared to small internal combustion engines.

Electric motors are also very efficient compared to internal combustion.

300000 Joules of energy in a gallon of gasoline. 20 percent goes to moving the car. The rest is wasted as heat.

fuck coal, natural gas is king baby and it burns way WAY fucking cleaner than coal.

a lot of coal plants are in a mad dash to retrofit to natural gas

Lrn2efficencychain electric cars produce almost twice the greenhouse gas emissions as the equivalent ICE powered cars in the US.

You probably want to look at the American electricity generation mix.

No they're not, natural gas is crazy fucking expensive to produce and transport.

where does this shit sit? between the interior and the frame? Would it be possible to get it to roll out of the car from between that space then roll in a new set of batteries?

yay fracking!
youtube.com/watch?v=NvJAKVnK4qM

You probably need to redesign the whole thing if you want it to work well.

No, a model s is responsible for half the co2 grams per mile compared to a S class or 7 series.

Coal is barley used in most states. Except during summer when demand is high.

Natural gas prices are so low, that it is bankrupting coal mines.

Coal makes up the majority of the world's power generation simply because there's a lot of it.

What is
>second law of thermodynamics

Coal is getting killed by the government and all of the penalties they're putting on using it. Not that I'm complaining, but that's the reason. Allot of brand new coal plants are being shut down these days. The whole thing is supposed to be a push towards renewables.

> imagine someone putting their car on the rack, unbolting the frame from the body, transferring their engine, transmission, and secondary components to a new frame, then bolting it back together to the rest of the car body.

Simple right?

>what is a perpetual motion machine
literally what you just described you stupid EV cuck.

taste the meat not the heat