2005 Mustang v6

I'm 90% close to buying pic related. I found a good deal on one for $6000 taxes included with summer and winter mags. Am I going to regret it?

And before anyone says I should get a GT I've done a lot of research and I can not afford to maintain and insure a v8 vehicle until at least 5 more years. Considering I drive a i4 civic I'm pretty sure a v6 will satisfy me for the next few years.

Sure, just don't be a faggot and think you can start racing now. Nice looking car, hope you enjoy it.

It seems to me that you're wanting to buy this for fun, which is admirable, but it seems like you're compromising on it. If you keep your Civic, wait a few years, you'll be able to buy what you ACTUALLY want.

That's what I'd do anyway.

You will regret it, it's dogshit slow. When I was in the market, the only v6 mustang worth driving was the 2011.

Racing is not my intention, I just want something more fun to drive since I spend a lot of time in my car. Definitely plan to do the standard cold air intake a exhaust upgrades. Other than that I'm just going to cruise the shore line in it with music :')

>v6

Just get a new 4 cylinder mustang

>putting cai and exhaust on a 200hp v6
I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the car. If you only have $6k to spend then it's not a bad choice, but honestly.. why waste the extra money on those upgrades for that car? The gains, if any, would be imperceptible.

Price is obviously a concern, I only work 5-10 hours a week and make $20/hour while being a student..

The guy is looking at a $6k car and you tell him to get a car that costs at least 3 times that? Hell, why did I waste $32k on my '14 GT premium.. I could have practically gotten a C7 Z06

Is there anything about that car that you especially like? With 6000 your options are pretty varied. You can even look at Lexus ES, GS, and IS models from 2001-2005 for that much.

Well my brother got a 2012 charger with the police pack last summer. After driving that thing I kind of fell in love with the look and feel of Murican Muscle and the Mustang seems like the little brother to the charger.. It might be a bit of a reach but I'm going to say the mustang just shits my personality the closest

Suits my*

Seems good, if you've checked it out and are sure it's in good condition, no accidents, no engine or tranny problems then go for it. If you spot any imperfections maybe you could try to use them to haggle the price down a little.

>v6

Going to check it out with my dad this evening, seller told us there's a little chip/crack in the top of the windshield. He claims it was a chip and when the pressed on it to she if it was bug guts he could scratch off the crack spread a bit. The windshield with definitely have to be filled or replaced. Any idea what that might cost me? Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it when br/o/thers can be honest and quit the circle jerking

>bus pass

i drive a shebby v8, try again

If you want a car just fun for driving around... mustangs not the first car to look to....

Holy shit OP do not buy V6. I did for the same reason you are going to and I have regretted that decision ever since. don't be a faget like me, get the V8.

What is?

Timestamp

>V6 Mustang

Just get it automatic and convertible and you are good to go

A new windshield can cost a couple hundred or so, depends on who you get to do it. One of those things you have to shop around for and get estimates.

'99-'04 focus with 500-1k of mods is the best ride for the money.

similar deal with miatas if youre into small roadsters. some peeps sell their modded miatas if you look around long enough can maybe find a good pre-packaged deal fit to you

most 4wd in that price range if you can find em. impreza comes to mind.

not eeeexxacctly sure what ur lookin for. read sticky if u havnt already

If you have thick enough skin to not be bothered every time some jerkoff asks you "why didn't you get the GT" then you won't regret it.

If, however, you're going to be lamenting the fact that you've got a v6 every time a GT pulls up beside you, then you'll regret it.

Also, what said. Save the money you'd spend on a CAI/exhaust and put it to better use elsewhere. It will be a waste. Power gains will be negligible.

If you're doing it only for the sound then just get some axle backs and save yourself the extra money.

>6000 dollars
>buying a v6 mustang
Buy a goddamn foxbody or sn95 v8

This

You'll regret it. Don't short sell yourself on power. Spend that 6k on upgrades to your civic. A turbocharger with nice intercooler and tune would cost you around that much, you won't be as much of a faggot, and you'll beat a fuck ton of other cars

I can't afford to insure anything V8 for at least another 5 years.

the interior looks like utter shitty, especially the console. if you're blind and never look at anything inside the car, you might actually be able to endure driving it