Just came back from an Amway recruitment seminar

Just came back from an Amway recruitment seminar.

What a fucking joke! The guy who recruited me had me convinced to go, although I was sceptical (of course)

So, I went for the hell of it. Man, what a bunch of nutjobs.

Anyone have an opinion on this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

stardestroyer.net/Mike/rantmode/amway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a pretty good review with some obvious shills in the comment section.

stardestroyer.net/Mike/rantmode/amway/

I remember in the 70's when they got shut down for being a pyramid scam. not much has changed since then from what I've seen.

It was like a fucking cult man. I saw a guy I know there and after it was over, we were talking. I asked if he wanted to get a coffee and talk a bit about it, but he got all scared looking and said " who did you come here with?"

When I told him who invited me, he got even more scared and told me that he can't have coffee with me.

It was so fucked up. I left there and tried to explain it to my gf, but I don't even know how

yeah, it's full on religious weirdness.

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, another freaky weird cult. Those fuckers were all into Amway. The company actively pursues religious weirdos and forms a parasite religion inside their religion.

No surprise there. I only went to get a glimpse of it. I texted the guy when I got home and told him I didn't want anything to do with them. He gave me a package with some of their propaganda weirdness that he wants back. I told him I would leave it on my doorstep.

>He doesn't know where I live

I can post propaganda if you want.

Enjoy being broke.

Literally the best MLM if you know how to leverage the company correctly.

I've seen it. Some dude years back tried to sell me a cardboard briefcase full of cheap sales brochures and soap samples for $100.

I told him to piss up a rope. I'm too autistic to be selling and too honest to bullshit people.

>Enjoy being broke

Rob, how did you find me? Your folder is on my doorstep.

How much do you make with Amway?

75-90k a year on the side.
I'm what they refer to as Platnium.
My wife already left her job since we replaced her income and now we're working on replacing mine completely.
I could stop working right now if I wanted to but I'd rather not downsize at all.

not him but I had a cousin in-law make about $10 million from amway and other MLM's.

He's actually pretty famous in the MLM circuit. He's also a pretty slimy sort of reptilian. I think he divorced my cousin after he got rich though. I don't know, I don't talk to the douche.

All the power to ya. I'm not interested though.

For the record, being all self righteous and saying "enjoy being broke" makes you look like an asshole.

If there is really that much to be made, why don't more people do it? The guys I met tonight all seemed pretty well off, but man, they were fucking weird.

Not returning people's property, rejecting a great business opportunity just because you "think the people are weird" and thinking you're smart because you're "sceptical" makes you look like an asshole and stupid.

my ex-cousin is a gifted psychopath, extremely charming and extremely persistent and manipulative. He's very good at selling you shit you don't need or want.

Less than .01% of people that join MLM's will have his kind of success at it. And honestly it took him something like 30 years to get where he is now, 30 years of working MLM sales more than full time. For the amount of work he put in the results are pathetic.

>The people are weird

It was an experience that made me uncomfortable as fuck. The folder that he gave me was all disposable stuff that they were handing out to everyone there. He was trying g to get me to meet him and give it back so he could try to convince me to go again. He's still texting me as I write this.

But I am an asshole, and maybe a little stupid.

That's crazy man. I wonder what his yearly income is from that.

Some of the people there were so hopeful that this would be a life changing thing.

The few younger people there seemed a little cocky, like they can do it no problem.

The older folks there were the lost hopeful, and it was pretty sad to see them there. I felt like the sponsors(?) Had preyed on them. Didn't sit well with me.

all of them have been preyed upon.

even my former relative with all his success was both predator and prey.

Amway like most MLM's doesn't sell products anyone wants. The product is just a cover for the pyramid scam. They sell nothing. And it eats a person's soul knowing they're taking money and giving nothing in return. You have to lie to yourself and others to do that.

the kinds of people that are ok with that aren't the sorts you want to be around. And you sure as hell don't want to be one of them.

I really appreciate your opinion. It's a damn shame that those people are being taken advantage of like that.

The recruiter that I met was lurking around my work, that's how we met. If he comes back around there I'll be sure to tell him to fuck right off. I'm off to bed, gnight user

>people are being taken advantage of like that.
many of them get into it out of greed, and perhaps those ones deserve what they get.

others just aren't strong enough to say no, and those are the ones I feel bad for. The suckers without a bad bone in their body that just trust everyone else.

'night.

I fell into this trap once - a connection I thought could hook me up with some work exp. Invited me to a 'party' at a club here, I was like ok sure probs free drinks, rcked up and its this ridiculous energy drink nonsense, everyone there is either drinking the kool aid or has been roped in by someone, I'm so uncomfortable, the dude has his portfolio out and is trying to convince me to sell their shitty products all the while lights are flashing and music is blasting. It would have been a really good vibe and party if it werent for the fact that everyone there was a pyramic scheme nutjob.