Insurance Rates

Howdy Veeky Forums, I'm wondering what you all pay monthly for your auto insurance. I'm 26, live in a safe part of the city, park on the street, have never made an insurance claim or received a moving violation, park on the street, drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, have a $1000 deductible on collision, and pay about $120. Am I crazy for feeling like that's a lot? Or is it just that I'm paying for 6 months at a time for my wife (who has the same rates) and I?

I'm 24yo no accidents, 1 8mph over speeding ticket 5 years ago, and I pay $50/mo for bare minimum on a '70 Beetle. My gf pays like $63 a month for a cheaper plan for her '07 Focus despite being 26 and having at fault totaled her old focus.

Do you have collision coverage on those cars? Or just liability?

>22
>just bought my first car, 04 grand prix
>no accidents or tickets or anything
>state minimum coverage
>$207/month

I'm getting fucked here arent I?

>park on the street
yeah that will kill your rates man. off street parking. no drunks there except you

HOLY shit.
You are being ripped off bad.

I pay 20 bucks more than that every six (6) months of liability on my 1972 fj40

I pay 310 every 6 months for full coverage on my econobox 2000 forester

>living in the city
>having to park on the street

Fucking why

>29
>Bought '15 Si Coupe last week
>$1K Comp/Collision
>$25K/50K Injury limts
>~$115/month
>State Farm
'13 Genesis Coupe I had was $139/month.

I pay $400 a month for me and my wife for 4 vehicles

Shit taste in cars desu

Wtf the filter is back

Damn that's rough

How's the bus treating you?

>20
>No accidents no tickets, ran a few tolls but that's it
>2003 impala
>$200 a month for limited liability
I'm on my parents plan still (I just cut my dad a check every month) and I feel like I'm getting fucked here.

Also I just bought a 944 and am kind of scared what my rate is gonna be since I didn't bother to find out beforehand because I'm a baka

20 with no tickets or anything in ontario
I drive my parents 02 wrx that they got new and I pay for the up keep and insurance since my mom got a new car... it's 380 a month for insurance

>21
>one boring sedan and a fz-07
>$202 a month, full coverage on both.
>only one accident, not at fault.

22 male
1 accident, drunk lady hit me.
$63 a month
But I'm insured on a 1964 C10 with my parents insurance plan.

19 male
0 accident, 0 anything
minimum $1M 3rd party liability
$370/month on 08 civic si

help me

>beamng drive

my afro american

>25
>Two cars
>Full coverage on both
>$500 deductibles
>Not minimums for liability, can't remember specifically
>Renter's insurance included
>One speeding ticket in 2011
>No accidents

~$110 a month

seems like alot, with RBC anything is $60/month. have my 3/4 ton Chevy with them and just took my Supra off for the same price because its parked for a couple years

Intact who i have my RHD car with is $130/month no matter the model, sold my Skyline and bought a Toyota Crown same price. this is all with 5 out of my 8 demerits used up, have to take a fucking course to get 3 off and get my full license to get the 15 demerit limit

Ls400

Just got my license last June (24 y/o recovering meet)

They wanted 140/mo, lied that I had my license for 8 years and it dropped to 70/mo

>insurance fraud
Enjoy your audit.

>$1M
1 million?

Pretty sure that's insurance fraud

if something happens and you make a claim, they could deny you for lying. that can fuck your entire life over in an instant. saving $840 a year isnt worth being stuck with possibly $500,000+ in damages or worse god forbid you kill someone

i usually do 2 Million, with Intact 1M liability to 2M liability was only like $20/month difference

Cucks mad they are too pussy to game the system.

Rich don't get rich by following the peasant rules.

Hmmm. I don't remember seeing that as an option. I may go look for shits and giggles.

>gaming the system
Going to be funny when you're stuck in a lawsuit you can't sell your figurines and realdoll collection to pay for it. But by all means keep spouting buzzwords and act like you aren't poor trash.

>18 male
>'14 Jetta SE
>No accidents or violations
>$100k/300k bodily injury
>$100k property damage
>$2500 medical payments
>$100k/300k uninsured motorist
>$150 towing
>Full coverage
>$3226/year

Can't recall my deductible

How the fuck is he being ripped off? Insurance rates for guys don't drop off until after 25, which is obvious that you are over that age limit.
Insurance for teens and early twenty-somethings is always higher because they are the most likely to fuck up.

Maybe your dad is fucking you.

>22
>2 accidents 2 ticjets
>newish 600cc sportbike
>180/mo full coverage
Sounds about right tbqh

>23 y/o male
>90' miyaya
>running antique plates but still daily the shit out of it

I pay $125 a month for state minimum.

>2 accidents 1 at fault, the other not at fault
>3 violations
Sorry mates

That is a lot, holy crap.
26, male
Own half a duplex with 2 car garage, only ever made two insurance claims. Both for my Jeep getting broken in to when I lived in an apartment. No speeding tickets on my record either (due to nice cops, not me obeying the limits!)
These rates are for full coverage with $500 deductible on all vehicles with American Family. I also have my home insurance with them. Perhaps worth noting, but my rates were the same before I had a garage too.
1998 Jeep Wrangler - $38/mo
2014 Harley Sportster - $44/mo
2014 Mustang GT - $97/mo

30, 3 speeding tickets
shitbox, jdm, 3 bikes
~$8000/yr.. only the shitbox has anything other than liability.. fml

>23
>been driving for 7 years, owned 4 cars
>never payed a cent of insurance
>never been in an accident

feels good man

>21
>96 Cherokee
> 3 tickets for speeding
>1 mutual fault collision
>bare minimum coverage
>200/MO

I think it's pretty acceptable for my history and age, besides it'll go down eventually.

>TFW You're cucked by the ICBC monopoly
>TFW When BASIC insurance is $220 a month

Kill me Veeky Forums

San Diego CA
2015 Fiesta ST
Comprehensive/Full/Underinsured motorists
Progressive, $500 deductible
$83 /mo

Who here actually reports modifications?

>Yes, I put a turbo in. Please raise my rates by $500.

I pay 438 every 6 months for my 07 328i and my wifes 13 corolla

>im 21 shes 20
>military & usaa insurance

That's what I thought, before someone smashed me from the rear into an AMG C65 and fucked off, leaving me as the one to foot 3 court battle bills and subsequent reparations.

Don't be me, be smart.

Jesus christ and I thought I was paying so much for insurance.

Good luck making a claim when your car gets totaled out

>23/M/JP
>1991 miats
>95000 yen/ yr = $75 /mo

JUST

$540 AUD a year insured for agreed value $29,000

I can drive 20,000km a year and it's parked on a locked property at night

Oh yeah, 26/m/Aus

23/ m /ontario canada
had my own policy since 16, park in a private driveway, drive a stock 92 lesabre, have a clean driving record (that i admit i dont deserve) and never made any kind of claim.

i still pay $120/month, rates are fucked around here.

Why put collision on a Grand Prix? Those things are only worth a thousand.

My coverage was never that high. At 31 it's like 65/mo for full coverage, but when I was in my early 20s it was still only $140 for full coverage.

Paying $200+ for liability without any accidents is absurd.

>21
>'96 volvo
>pro rated $570 from late march to late december

I'm on my parents plan so I get it cheaper and I still get to drive their cars if needed.

I live in Michigan which is THE most expensive state for insurance, because our personal coverage is mandatory and HUGE.

Luckily I don't live in Detroit or anywhere near there so I get even better prices.

Hi Veeky Forums, wondering if you can help me figure this one out.

I'm 23, first time driver, doing insurance quotes, changed value of car from £100->£10k, got drastically different quotes in opposite why I'd expect, can I give my car an insane value to get the quote down? What would happen if I went to claim? What about all that sentimental value I have in the car?

Thanks.

Shitboxes are more likely to be owned by less careful drivers and so the claim rate is higher for vehicles of lower values.
By giving a false value for a vehicle your insurer could claim you defrauded them and cancel your cover. Value is defined by the market value, not sentimental.

tl;dr Lie to insurers and they will buttfuck you when you need it.

>(just turned) 25/m/MA
>FiST
>no accidents/tickets/99 thingy on my insurance
>810/year paid in full

I guess now it starts going down pretty significantly since I made it past all the "danger years" but it's been a bitch knowing that no one cares how good my driving record is because young men get painted as shit drivers and so I have to pay the price.

But at least I've got my male privilege xddddd

>Voluntary excess: £1000
Mate what the fuck are you doing, that's way too much.

I'm 27 and I have never had a ticket. I have had 2 claims though, both with a $500 deductible if that matters but I pay $123 a month. I drive a 2016 wrx sti and the insurance is with State Farm.

Got the cash if the worst happens, and it costs £300 more to have an excess of £500, so if I did crash, I'd be up £200, but I'm likely to not crash, at least not cause that much damage, so I'm down £300.

Good point, I guess you could add a little extra value because it's subjective but mine clearly isn't reasonable.

$350 a month for a base 2003 RSX
20 with 1 accident
shits fucked

>25
>2013 Scion FR-S
>No tickets
>No accidents
>204.00 a month
>Geico

Houston is a horrible place to live.

Fellow Houston bro here.

Quoting a 2016 Fiesta ST with Geico, got about $122 a month, full coverage, $500 deductible.

Currently only paying $50 a month for liability on my Civic shitbox.

Forgot to mention, I'm 24.

£500 is still too much. My excess is £250 total and that's for a £3500 car.
I'm getting the impression that you think you are going to have to pay £1000 if you make a claim. I don't think that's how it works. The voluntary excess is the amount you pay towards repairs if you make a claim iirc.
That means that if you crash your £200 saltbox the most you are going to pay is £200 otherwise the car is written off anyway.
I'm sure someone who understands this a bit better than me could explain it in a much simpler way but you should really google how excess works before putting it at £1000.

£1240 a year
26 years old
London

On what car? How many years no claims? Any Accidents?
Unless you just got your licence that seems kinda expensive, unless London insurance rates are much higher than the other parts of England.

Full coverage? That's what I'm paying on my ranger here in the states for liability, and it's considered good because I'm 19.

>93 Deville
>30 years old
>$52 a month

2003 S2000, $11k used
Midwest
City of 150,000 people
Absolutely no accidents, tickets, records etc
Geico

$52 / month, full/everything coverage

Had them quote a used 2004 CRV for $4,500 for fun and they were going to ask for $12.50 / month for full coverage

State farm and American Family and everybody else were going to ask $105 / month but for some reason I think this is because they had me on file when I quoted years ago and was less than 25, 25 is the magic age discrimination bracket number when they knock your prices down, exactly why I stayed with a shitbox until this time. However it could also be that they're just jews

Not trying to tell you to do something just curious how this conversation goes
>I've been driving for one year.
>Okay, $140 / month
>...Actually now that I think about it, I have been driving for 8 years and just forgot
>...$70 / month

The other reason is that insurance companies think that cheap cars will break down in traffic and cause an accident more than the value of the car. It's also possible that it could break down to where you would file a claim, they do indeed write the whole car off for nothing because the "official" way to fix it would cost too much. Insurance companies want you to get a relatively new car, and no I am not pitching a car sale

29/m
99 gmc sierra
$30 per month, zero claims or tickets in the last 5 years

no tickets no accidents no claims
2001 chevy malibu ls
$143 a month

i thought once i turned 25 it would go down but fuck gieco

time to shop around

Not OP but I almost have fifty hours in this game. I really love driving around aimlessly in games and with mods this game is really good for that.

Most insurance quotes are online.

Easy modified before you actually have a policy.

23, 2007 328i m sport
$107/month, no tickets, accidents, or claims
$500 deductible collision

>28
>2015 WRX
>Best coverage progressive has to offer
>$1k deductible
>3 accidents, 4 tickets
>$169 a month

You're getting raped son.

1 too fast for conditions ticket 8 years ago
2003 Honda Odyssey
2001 Kia Sephia
1995 Honda Del Sol
1987 S-10

We pay $172 a month, full coverage on both Hondas and the Kia, $500 deductible. Just minimum on the Chevy. All cars have roadside and coverage for uninsured.

Shit, those incidents screwed you.

>26 male, 25 wife
>no accidents, tickets
>full coverage Geico, $1k deductible
>2016 WRX
>2007 Malibu
> $150/month

Eh, not really, when I had my other car, it only added $12 to my monthly cost to combine the two. I'd be around $140 without the incidents (most of them happened when I was 17-23)

>24
>pay $60
>Dodge Ram 3500
>pay my mum for a policy of $171
>live in a shit street where fuckers race their auto-Chevy Beanerados.
>crash every day somewhere

We split it 33-ish percent

Hi Felipe!

Oh I forgot
>Zero Accidents
>Zero Tickets
>$1000 deductible for something
>$35,000 for some injury crap I don't know much.
>been driving since 18
>have 3 covered vehicles
>just liability

Planing on buying a 2011 Smart Fortwo

>Live in Ontario
>N I N J A 2 5 0
>Two years under my belt with no crashes, no claims, no fines
>Last year's rate was $960 (for the year)
>This year will be $750, forecasted. (Some things are changing about Ontario's insurance policies this year.)
>Checked with an insurance company, and they would demand $2000 for a Mazda RX7 from 1982 at my current experience level
I should have fucking went for my license when I was 18. But neither of my parents drove, so I couldn't get a few years of cheap insurance under them before I struck out on my own.
Now I have to build my fucking record so I can get fucking robbed less by this legal fucking mafia.
If I got a license and a job, I could have had a shitbox to grind out the first five or so years. But no, I had to take the bus and ride a bicycle.

While we're on the topic of insurance, at what point do you guys drop full coverage??

>22
>2015 Honda civic
>179$ a month for full coverage
>2 accidents

23. Focus St . full coverage $91 a month

volvo 740 (207k miles)
$1800 a year
>paid 400 for the car
kill me

>28 male
>99 Camry
>no accidents, 1 parking violation
>no collision, 30k/60k liability, 20k personal injury
>$50/month, State Farm

I'm fine by this

>$1800 a year
>paid $400 for the car

...Why are you doing this?

Surely that's not just liability insurance.

When the cost to repair a car from a typical moderate collision is close the the actual value of the car.