Rimworld General

Good red pants edition

We don't have an OP pastebin yet so here's some shit

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6xL54hVW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did everyone just goto bed or some shit?

I dunno maybe

But we do have a shitty pastebin

pastebin.com/6xL54hVW

>Not being a neet
Good, being a neet fucking sucks and I want to be employed

To get the thread moving ask me anything about my new colony I guess (or don't)

>Move up north for work, enjoying it. Promise of good money, New Guy getting the short stick. Finally find out my boss is using his position to exploit federal systems in place to stop repeat offenders from re-offending. I'm literally working for money. Quit, goto college. College misappropriates my FAFSA Aid, I get nothing to buy course material with. Not about that life senpai. Quit. Been unemployed for 4 years.

Gib work. Pls gib.

>Surgeon successfully extracts his kidney and lung, before getting into a poor mood

Reminds me of the one time I had one of my surgeons operating on one of those cryptosleep casket guys to save his ass and ended up going berserk in the middle of the operation and tried to eat him.

Since the game's visual combat indicator is literally nothing more than two pawn sprites bumping together I just though she beat him to death until I stumbled upon his corpse in the freezer half a year later to find all his injuries entirely made up of bite marks which at the time was really strange considering my surgeon was unarmed due to the fact that she was prone to this kind of shit.

Shit man

Dropped out of high school in 99 and haven't done anything since
I still enjoy it

Guess cat is on the menu

Really hope "north" isn't Canada. There are no jobs here. Depressing thing is there's constantly new immigrants in my apartment complex and they (several were electrical or mechanical engineers) say they couldn't find a job in a year so they're moving on to an other country. The only ones who stay are on welfare.

It's pretty quaint yeah but I find myself bored more often than not
I mostly just want to make my own income since I'm still dwelling with my parents

Hell no. I moved out of that shitshow known as Florida, goddamn 13% Unemployment rate in my area, and nobody wanting to hire out of county employees.
Girlfriend was expecting. No way in hell I was going to put up with her ATF tier parents trying to tell me how to raise my child

Satellite TV work in West Virginia. Fucking boss was slipping money to the background check company so he could hire stooges out of Tennessee. They were quitting their job loads mid-day, stealing peoples small valuables and prescription pills. I was working for gas money. Fuck that noise, I had a son on the way. And shit was NOT getting better.

Where in WV?

I've spent my last few saves on mountainous maps, building into the mountain. It seemed to me to be the best way about. But looking back all of my somewhat successful colonies that had big complexes with electricity and happy colonists, none of them were dug into the mountain.

This may seem obvious, but I've realized that dorf mode isn't a great idea if your three colonists aren't all good at mining. The time it takes for you to build a spacious, decent looking house is made much longer when you're mining out every room.

My next colony I'm going to try a flat environment, and see how that works out. I'm really enjoying how vastly different the experience is based purely on where your colony is and how you decide to begin it.

Flat = no components

You better hope for traders or space ship chunks

Im not a neet,
Just the next best thing.

Community college student who gets free govt money for going.

Gotta love being poor.

Next paycheck after books is gonna be spent on Upgrades for my PC.

Princeton. Been trying to relocate since I found out from my neighbor I got a bum deal on rent for this town home I'm in.

No CA&H, the fucking main load bearing beam is sagging'causing a sag in the middle of my house and all the adjacent beams to visibly shift a couple Milimeters.

Fucking foundation is flawed, allowing ingress of pest ants & fucking field mice from time to time.

I spent 2 years dealing with a fucking American Grackle Invasion (Got really good at snapping bird necks. Mean little bastards

I also found out due the hard way due to a shitty floor plan, cleaning is a bitch & storage solutions are a fucking nightmare.

And having a bad sense of initial scale of your dwelling makes things worse when you buy furniture too fucking big.

Ehh, Fucked that all up. Too early for blogposting.

>First raider go down
>He's actually breddy gud
>Permanent brain injury from gunshot
>Euthanize the poor bastard

oh fuck, this is going to be interesting

I wonder if insect hives can be used to defend against sappers. Like a long corridor that circles the underground base, expressly there so bugs spawn there. Sappers dig in and find a face full of giant bug.

>Not saving him with a Brain-Pal

Goddamnit user.

I take it you can't tame bugs.

I couldn't clear all of them and one egg is left. Time to heal up and then the plan is to kill the remaining ones and leave one egg alive for harvesting insect jelly.

Aggressive and near impossible to tame so people don't. Used to be you could "farm" insect jelly by killing all the bugs, gathering the jelly, then waiting a day for them to spawn new bugs but the hives now need tending by bugs or they die.

You sound like the main character from playspent.org

Offense intended.

dunno what the hell that is, so I can't really be offended by it.

Sorry I guess?

This game used to be so fun, and have so much potential...

Then came these retarded patches with animal taming and shit.

>then came these patches with awesome taming and shit

Nigga you crazy

Literally a hoodlum whose only skill is shooting white folk

>mfw completely forgot about a poison ship for a long ass time

pattern kind of looks like a planet

What's the optimal setup to defend your base? I had a bunker on my last colony that I made by building a room then deconstructing firing ports. Backed up by turrets and sandbags, it worked well.

Until the infestation that is, but what're ya gonna do?

Use embrasures.

I took a liking to the turret-less bunkers like in >. In my first few games I'd build tons of turrets, but some would usually get destroyed and it'd get heavy on resources after a while
Infestations are a bitch, but some people deal with them by outfitting their mountain areas with some kind of method to superheat them, like coolers facing the wrong ways, geothermal stations or just plain old wood that gets lit up

embrasures feel kinda cheat desu
also feels silly for them to not exist in the base game

Turrets are pretty terrible because they simply die in a single hit and explode. They are great in massive numbers but tend to fall down like a deck of cards.

Same can't be said about superhuman bionic killing machines equipped with power armor. Get a guy like that or 3 and you can single handedly take down armies from a firing bunker. It's insanely efficient and fun too.

I wish the game had impassable windows already. We seriously need these already.

Until the dev puts them in default or someone makes a better version, it works well enough.

Embrasures dont even work that well/ Maybe that's because i'm using wood, but still.

They either shoot me through the embrasure before my guys can down them, or they kick in the door to my murderbox and melee everyone to death. Dont forget about those grenade/molotov fuckers.

>Wood
>Ever
Nigger, cmon here.

Get your ass some fucking GRANITE BLOCKS.

instead of shooting from directly behind the embrasure shoot from a regular wall to the left/right of it

Embrasures only provide as much cover as a sandbag but they dont allow attackers to cross over

Anyone know why GlitterTech comes Surgery Free, or if Tilled Soil is actually integrated into the mod?

>there are woodbabbies in my thread RIGHT NOW
was your shit getting burned down in three minutes worth the faster construction?

Fucking finally tamed one! Now to tame a male one! It's like 0.5% to chance to tame these fuckers for me.

>the bugs have become more aggressive
>no worries I set up a defense
>few days pass
>see bug blood further and further away
>my animals have killed some bug wanderers
>go check up on my bug farm
>all eggs are gone

what happened? I didn't send anyone up there. No one got injured at any point.

Where did the eggs go? I am now a sad pupper with no eggs. Do they just up and die if no bugs around them to tend to the eggs? Because the bugs usually didn't wander but suddenly they all just upped and ran into my turrets. Is that what happened?

if there aren't bugs nearby then the hives die off to prevent easy farming

Is building your compound out of wood but using stone for your defenses acceptable?

>the fourth marriage in my base
>huntress couldn't give a fuck

wish the game had babies

>a day later another marriage

well I don't have to worry about moods for a while

Breeding thrumbos is a lost cause
it takes a year for them to give birth to a single child
6 years to progress to juvenile stage
25 years to reach adult stage

just be content with owning the ultimate warbeast

>dont have to worry about moods
>a single half of a partnership dies
>the other partner goes berserk; kills a second and third
>cascade marriage failure
marriages ruin everything. One of my colonists got a divorce and now goes berserk weekly

his wife was worthless; he was my best colonist before this.

using wood at all is retarded and a sure sign of a new player

OH COME ON

>marriages ruin everything. One of my colonists got a divorce and now goes berserk weekly
his wife was worthless; he was my best colonist before this.
mgtow

What's the fucking point of marriages if there's no children?

mood boosts and telling a story

not every mechanic has to be centered around a direct result, meatwad

Tbh of all the things Tynan or whatever could add to the game children ought to be one of the tops. Imagine the burden of having to take care of a bunch of useless little shits that don't listen to a thing you fucking say and wander off and get eaten by manhunting elephants, causing their parents to go into a tantrum spiral? It'll be Dwarf Fortress all over again!

general consensus is that games are too short to actually raise children to adulthood, so something like a vat-grown system would probably work better

>like hydroponics, would have to protect it
>takes maybe a year or so
>more upgraded vats allow more selection of skills
>traits and looks are gotten from parents

I wish there was more of a long-term endgame goal. "Get off the planet" is too short term honestly and unless you're starting from tribal you can get that done within the first few years which sucks ass. Sure, you could artificially lengthen your game, but that's no fun. That's why I like Dorf Fort so much, it's really just "survive as long as you can against ridiculous odds" at its core

>games are too short to actually raise children to adulthood
Then make the game not be geared for shitty ship-building?
Or make ship building as a form of raids on enemy bases or making multiple colonies on same save?
I mean, there's multiple ways to get around this. Imagine you fly a ship into a really hostile territory to mine out some rare resources.

Are there any mods to stablize the moods in this game a bit?

I mean, yeah, I get it's upsetting, but, I think it's pretty dumb for people to go into a murderous rage because their pants have a rip in them.

>it's really just "survive as long as you can against ridiculous odds" at its core

That's end-game Rimworld too, though. Eventually your colonists will soft cap indefinitely and it'll be hard to get new people, with your wealth still climbing tribe hordes will certainly wipe you out unless you stagnate on purpose/build a ship.

Keep in mind it's an Alpha lad, by release the ship escape might be more fleshed out or not even there at all

It would be cool as hell to drop-pod your people into tribal territory and light their shit on fire as revenge though

i need that 14d pirate but i can only find the russian dot exe version REEEEEEEEE

sale when

>successfully kill off an enemy ship
>it's on a VERY LARGE map
>everyone wounder making their way back
>miraculously get everyone treated
>doc gets rebuffed by someone random
>dazed even though he was in a good mood
>wanders around aimlessly
>infection grows bigger

>multiple people who had severe wounds survive
>doc who had minor cuts dies days later

FUCK DAZE SO MUCH

Arrest him and immediately release.

Minor mood loss beats losing half of your colony.

Guys how sensitive is the game to mods for different iterations of the same build?

I'm running 14c

That's the problem with Rimworld though, you're constantly working towards your "out" which is building that ship. With Dwarf Fortress the best you could possibly do is build the perfect impenetrable self-sustaining fort otherwise end-game goals are really just up to the player (building a statue of Donald Trump out of Adamantium or something).

It's too late now. I will bury him with honors. Look at those stats dude.

>"Hey baby I know you've got cauterized plasma wounds across half your body but are you doing anything tomorrow?"
>"I'm kind of busy being in extreme pain right now"
>"LIFE IS MEANINGLESS ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES TFW NO GF"

>megatherium has been self taimed
what
i guess having a giant sloth friend is nice but w h a t

>You let this dude die
user I would slap the shit out of you through the internet if I could.

the last thing he did was save the life of our only other doctor

they both had extreme infection and if it wasn't for Care they'd both die

;_;7

>Maximum Art
>That Research and Medicine

Jesus Christ, user

It was a minor infection at first. I have two doctors. They treat each other. The problem was one of them was dazed so I let a rookie heal him. Even with fresh medicine and a hospital bed the rookies bad skills caused this. I didn't think he'd die.

>make a lone fat ascetic cannibal miner on boreal forest
>mine into a cave, comfy as fuck
>allow travelers into my territory for a while, then once i'm low on food i wipe out a caravan and eat them all
>weekly raids of outlanders trying to avenge their friends
>snipe them all and eat them raw
>eventually they're really fucking angry and send tons of people
>send miner deep into his cave/tunnel system
>he narrowly dodges through his traps as gunshots ring through the cave, it's dark so none hit him
>as he enters a side tunnel and escapes, the first sounds of deaths begin to echo through the caves
>outlanders with giant slashes and stabs through their torsos and necks are writhing on the cave ground downed by traps, their friends continuing on
>the rest of them get to the end of the tunnel and come to a large, open cave i mined out
>there are torches by their entrance, the miner snipes them from a dark corner, hitting most since there's light on them
>meanwhile nobody can get a good shot on him because he's behind sandbags/behind a corner/in the dark
>some are killed, the rest flee and are incapacitated in the remaining traps on their ways out
>villagers on the ground in pain, bleeding everywhere, as the miner begins to eat their freshly killed friends and family next to them in the dark

this game is best played like child of god

This game is fun

move your batteries to somewhere with steel walls and concrete flooring so they dont spark and burn down your entire base

i didnt know that was a thing, ill change their surroundings now, cheers mate

>
Progress
Fallout forced me to close my base off
I don't think I've had a single fatality thus far
Disaster must be lurking around the next corner, maybe that psychic ship will do me in

>all those coolers for one set of bedrooms

You're going to get a collapse in the top part with that mining.

How is market value of a human calculated? Overall health and organs? Skills?

yeah i just had a little one, reinforcing it now.

I love how you can mix different light's colors.

You can also attenuate one with another white lamp

FUCK

>freezing your veggies
just leave em outside they can last a whole season, put meals and meat in your freezer

I am aware, but I don't
I guess I am just too careful

>not keeping your corpses and veggies in the fridge
I bet you paint your colony green.

If I imprison one of my own and select release, will they just run out of the base? I can also recruit them so I'm a bit confused.

I had to imprison someone going on a daze.

they'll be taken outside but automatically rejoin your colony

they'll never leave when released

Why not read the fucking thread and be amazed that the similar issue was already mentioned?

>expecting him to read through 94 posts on the small off chance his exact issue was asked and solved

don't be a cunt

Wow calm down there lad

Are you tired of bug infestations popping out constantly? Learn 1 neat trick to easily destroy hordes of bugs easily.

>Place all your beds and vents next to the entrance, you'll need them to easily get out as soon as possible
>Place an incendiary IED somewhere out of way so your colonist don't step on it.
>When the infestation occurs, immediately run the bugger out and forbid anyone from entering the room. Deconstruct the vent.
>Station your repairman around the walls because the bugs may try to tunnel through.
>Eventually one of them will wander into the IED and set the whole swarm ablaze. Since you have no vents and no wooden walls, they should quickly die of heat and flame then you can go in there and mop up the rest or set up traps/turrets to farm them for meat and jelly.

If they spawn in your living room/workplace, you're fucked unless you also place a turret in there for insurance. You can then play hide and seek by poking out of their bedrooms.

This seems like a pretty neat place to set up shop, what do you think?

>expecting him to read through 94 posts
>don't be a cunt
Are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be? Since when 94 or even 194 posts is a long fucking read? Are you enjoying your first year on Veeky Forums?

>You can then play hide and seek by poking out of their bedrooms.

this doesn't work anymore, when you do that hide and seek thing with animals/bugs/people, they beat on the door for a while before going back to what they were doing, meaning after one or two times even a granite door will break

I've been here since 2008 and if you're going to be a cunt in a comfy general you can leave, lad