Gas

Should you drive until the low fuel light comes on or is that bad? I've read some people saying its bad, other saying its okay. My Saab 9-5 manual says to use all the gas before refilling it or something (not to completely empty obviously, but to use as much of the gas as you can).

no, its fine to do. I drive full to empty all the time. Only get gas when the tank is empty

if you're some ultra jew trying to get max mgp you only fill up half a tank to save weight.

>Should you drive until the low fuel light comes on

Never. Not even on a petrol shitbox. Especially not on a diesel or performance car. Especially not with a turbocharger. When your tank runs low it's likely that the car sucks air even for just a fraction of a second and band you'll hit the engine light and it won't go away until it's serviced. Plus the less is in the tank the more dirt you suck into your engine all the time. Bigger problem for diesel that.

Do that regularly and you fuck the engine and lambda up. Cars don't like running on air and dirty fuel.

>he has never taken an automotive class in his life
>he gives advice on Veeky Forums

Stop asking stupid questions and just fill the damn thing up before it crosses your mind to the point you have to come on here anonymously and ask.

You're a special retard.

fuck off retard

Everything I said is scientific fact. You can be butthurt all you want, it won't make you right.

Do you not have fuel filters you smelly Swede

When the light comes on you usually have a couple of gallons left. That's enough to keep the fuel pump cool, but start looking for fuel.

Running it completely dry is bad.

You don't seriously believe they're perfect right? Some dirt ALWAYS gets through. Why do you think cars need them changed at higher mileage?

A filter works by becoming more efficient until it becomes blocked you fucking idiot.

Holy shit I'm outta here. Keep sucking all that bottom shitfuel made up of fuel dirt and grease you fucking Mongoloid.

See you next year when you cry about your turbo dying because you've been pushing shit through your exhaust and the oil dissipated while driving.

I think you need to sit down with a glass of wine and a close friend, user.

He will, once he turns 21.

And gets a close friend.

I try to fill up when I get down to about a third of a tank but I'm paranoid about disasters. I like to know that at any given time, I could drive 120+ miles without needing to fill up.

>filling up a full tank ever

>less mpg because more weight
>if you have a crash guaranteed to die in huge fireball
>more gas in tank evaporates
>someone steals your car they can drive for hundreds of miles

>trying to justify being poor this hard

>being so poor you can't afford a full tank

>being poor

I bet you buy your gas at Walmart, too.

bad in theory but i've done it hundreds of times without incident

Am I the only one who thinks empty gas stations at night are super comfy?

just chillin u and ur car bros at the empty station filling up before the drive

>implying you need to take automotive class to ride the bus

"evaporates"
charcoal canister

more air in the tank means more explosion potential scrub

I'd give you the pump sucking in air but the tanks are baffled to prevent that until it is really really empty.

The dirt thing I just can't understand. The fuel pump is always picking up fuel from the near bottom of the tank. People act like there's some magical floating bullshit or something and that the pump doesn't have an intake screen and there isn't a separate fuel filter as well.

Holy Fuck, you can get gas at Walmart? There's Costco gas and Mac's gas but not Walmart gas here

its bad

you cars pump uses it as a lube

my pops on his 3rd fuel pump since he does it frequently on his 00 expedition

but then again it is a ford.

The fuel light on my car starts coming on when I have like seven litres left. The gauge will read full for the first 40 odd km of driving after I fill up. It'll drop to empty when I've got about half a tank left.

All of these indicators are fucking meaningless so just do whatever you want but try not to actually run out.