Credit Score thread:

Post yours, rate/hate others'

>inb4 "MUH DATA MINING"

Canadian scores are a bit different. I think max is 900.
Im 745

So do Americans. OP is a faggot.

>using Experian

Completely useless service considering the fact that every company use their own independent credit score check system

I want 800 god damn it !

>The date that you opened your oldest account is too recent.

We wait.

What's the site? Yes, I'm new to this board.

goddamn student loans

Experian.co.uk

It's £15/month but you get 1 month for free, you just need to remember to cancel it.

It's best to save your free month for when you're buying a house or something.

my credit card has free credit score monitoring and reporting

no idea what my score is, but i just got approved for a flagship card with a 10k credit limit, so i guess it's decent

745 is weak nigga.

800+ master race reporting in

760 to be honest I dont know what can I do with it.

you are able to get the better dicks and kneepads

There is no real world benefit to going any higher than 750 except for bragging about it on Veeky Forums.

Bzzt, wrong. American Express doesn't consider you in the highest echelon of credit worthiness until you're at 800+. 0%/0.9% APR financing for vehicles isn't going to happen unless you're at 800+. Lowest mortgage rates happen at 800+.

I want to ask Chase to increase my limit, but I don't want to risk a ding on my score in case I get denied, I think I've had the account open for at least a year now and have been making payments every month since then.

I recently refinanced my house and talked to two different brokers. Both told me 750 gets you the lowest available rates. When I bought my last car a few years ago, my credit was probably closer to 760-780 and I financed at 0%. I know this is anecdotal evidence, so take it for what its worth. What will American Express give you for being 800+ that they won't give you for being 780?

Welp, interesting. My parents refi'd a few months ago and some family friends bought a house last year, both of them said their brokers told them 800+ is what you need for the lowest interest rates. It must vary by bank or region?

And just anecdotes regarding Amex but I've read on /r/personalfinance and churning that you don't get the best offers and highest-end cards until your score is 800+. It's not hard to admit that reddit is filled with idiots though, so I may just be repeating what the village retards think is true.

Realistically though, I think you're right. Anything above 750 will get you very close to, if not the best rates available.

Housing loans take in account other things other than score. They have their own rating systems depending on the lender and location.

That's my equifax score. I've never checked with transunion. Experian I don't believe operates in canada

My credit score i think is pretty shit. Under 700. i have one credit card which i never ever use.
I do everything cash. only poor people and middle class use credit cards.

you mean poor people use cash

rich people use their credit cards for everything and take the cash back rewards without ever paying interest

idk, all the poor people i see use credit cards and same with middle class.
I could be wrong though. My net worth is over 350k with no debt and ive done it all with just cash. everyone i see that uses a credit card or gets loans on ANYTHING is usually in debt.

There are two sides to interest.. The ones that pay it, and the ones that collect it. Do you think people that use credit cards or get loans are on the winning side of that situation?

Just wait, mine auto-doubled after 1 year from 2k to 4k

>everyone i see that uses a credit card or gets loans on ANYTHING is usually in debt
Because
>1) You are poor
>2) You hang out with poor people
>3) You live in a poor area because you are poor

>There are two sides to interest.. The ones that pay it, and the ones that collect it. Do you think people that use credit cards or get loans are on the winning side of that situation?
If you pay your credit card balance in full every month, you pay no interest, have greater anti-fraud protection than with a debit card/cash, and can get rewards like cash back or airline miles.

You can borrow money, pay interest, and still win. You just need your return on that money to be greater than the interest rate. Obviously paying interest on depreciating assets like a car or a TV or something is foolish, but borrowing to buy a house or to start/expand a business can be very profitable.

actually 3 sides

Ones that use debt to buy liabilities (poor middle class)
Ones that use it to buy assets ( rich)
Ones that collect it (banks)

Make sure you update your income or you'll miss out. People apply and wait like 4 years to try and increase and they're still showing they make $25K a year so when they get a better job and make 95K with Jack shit for a mortgage they request one and more than double their limit. Also, Chase is conservative as fuck about credit lines.

High credit scores are a meme. Congrats on having access to more debt, I hope you enjoy paying interest on loans.

Pay cash for everything, your car, your house. If you insist on borrowing money build a 401k and borrow and repay yourself.

I'm at ~700.

however. Headed to the moon.

Im up from 450. No challlenges on mybcredit score. No late payments 3 years. Debt to income is a little high and impeding but fuck me we got dicked this year.

Bought the house next door we couldnt really afford and found out i owe on a bill we thought we paid. So got over a grand in bills we cant afford that we paying on all year.

Sucks the largest of cocks, but oh well

You are a retarded fuck.

Have fun paying high entrest rates with your bullshit credit score

What is time value of money

>but borrowing to buy a house or to start/expand a business can be very profitable.
true, but most don't do this kind of thing.
ok buddy.
yeah, but also the rich collect interest because they fund things such as IPOs and other venture investments.

pls learn the difference between debt and equity markets

the thing pulling it down is I have no debt

>get 800 score
>they do a hard credit check
>it drops your score below 800

>can no longer get the 0%/0.9% APR

got 3 credit cards and im loading them overload of 10k each years before doing my tax so im paying less tax,because the 30k go into spend
money while in reality i got 30k for spend with zero interrest rate,
im using these card for pay most stuft during the years,if for some reason i own money on one card im paying it back in full right aways.

got pretty decent cards because im 800++ credit score so also at the end of the years i gain alot of money from the cash back reward.

sorry if that hard understand my english realy bad, never finished high school but kinda make it doing business and starting stuft with good investment in my life :P

>That new business debt

It's cool tho, I have enough to pay it all off but I need the cashflow right now.

out of 800 btw

>t. Dave Ramsey

How you mature through finance.....

1. At first youre excited about a credit card "yippie free money!"
2. Then you hate debt..."debt is bad"
3. Then you study more become wise and realize how debt is a tool... You learn to respect debt and then understand having debt is somehow good

Lucky me I skipped the first two because I know how to use google and spent 15 minutes reading about it before I got my first card. The average person isn't just stupid, they're willfully ignorant.

Around five years ago I've got a secured credit card and secured loan and been paying them and my student loan on time every month. My credit score rose to upper 700s, things where going well until I made my final (and early) payment to my student loan then my credit score tumbled down to 600. My credit score falling from upper 700s down to 600 after paying off my student loan made me realize that credit score is a meme and a hamster-wheel.

Either you left out a huge part of the story, or you're lying.

My oldest credit card is *just now* getting to be 2 years old, I have a combined credit limit over $35,000, 9 credit cards all with no annual fee, I've never paid even one cent in interest or fees, I've never had a secured card, and I have a 765 FICO score.

You are leaving information out, or you're lying.

>Either you left out a huge part of the story, or you're lying
I checked my score right before and right after my final payment and it droped from one month to the next.
>9 credit cards
I only have one. It started out secured but after a couple years of on time payments they graduated me to unsecured.

Maybe if the loan closed, you lost that off your record, so your length of credit dropped considerably? It wouldn't fall into 600 though. You're quite literally spitting shit out of your mouth as it moves.

I had my identity stolen by none other than my Father and got a bunch of collections and default credit cards.

Is it all ogre?

Maybe if you reported fraud earlier

>About 450~
Worked since 16
25 and still wageslave
Scottish, therefore I blame Westminster.

Yall niggas wish you could hack me smdh

student loans shouldnt effect your account

thats not experian

but does the amount of your score increase every 7 days how does it work?