2017 Miata vs 2017 fiat 124

What do you think of these vehicles in comparison which is superior,which one should I get,they are almost alike. What do you think Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would rather have a miata but miatas cost too much for what they are

In what sense,and what would you recommend instead

here's some data on the 124
>its almost entire an ND miata
>it's built in the same assembly plant as the ND
>the only fiat parts are the engine, the body panels, and the headlights/tail lights

>that engine is a tuner's dream power plant. it's the most reliable thing fiat makes by far and it's one of the few things on the dodge dart and 500 abarth that does not break

>for $1000 worth of an HPSI tune and an alternate intake you can bring it to 230 wheel horsepower and 240 wheel torque.

>it'll probably sound really damn good, that engine has a really good exhaust note in general ass evidenced on the 500 abarth

it's the turbo miata everyone always wanted

some more bits
>don't buy it new, wait a year for the massive depreciation hit and get a used one to tune up
>even if you blow up the engine, similar engines in junkyards are like $1500, chump change for such a new engine.
>it'll have the same suspension performance aftermarket as the ND since they're the same

Fug that sounds sexy, think I have a winner if what you say is true,but when do they get released this year

it's just a small low powered car with no great technological innovations and they want $10,000 more than a mazda 3

there are not many alternatives on the new car market though which is why they are allowed to charge that much

i dunno, summer probably?
again, i wouldn't buy one new since you'll lose so much money to depreciation

although a lease might work

the miata looks gay as fuck. NA still a best

NA?

Miata looks massively better.

Miata looks better and it's very light weight

Nobody drove the fiat yet, how can we know which one is better? Jesus Christ...

From the factory, the MX-5 is the best (lighter, better throttle response).

Looks are subjective, but I like the 124. One thing you can't deny: it looks less angry.

For aftermarket tuning, the 124 is better. A mainstream turbo MX-5 is a dream come true.

Even better, MAzda usually fits too soft suspension on the MX-5. Fiat will do none of that, especially on the Abarth.

the fiat is just a miata with a powerful engine

they have identical wheelbases and track lengths and are made in the same factory

about that...
stock 124 suspension is identical to the ND, which is not good
abarth suspension is just stiffer shocks, springs stay the same

so unfortunately even the abarth 124 will need either coilovers or lowering springs to be very good

pretty much all the appeal of the fiata over the ND is that glorious tuners-wet-dream of an engine

Yeah, the sky active has so far been horrible tuningwise

Not quite sure where you're gettingthis from, most tuners are getting 190hp with just exhaust mods and tune, which is damn need 100hp/L, which on a NA engine that only revs to 6,700 is about as good as your going to get.

miat rf

Just listen to it.

124 Abarth. I'm still trying to decide if I want to cuck myself and buy one new, or go full herione addict and jones for a year till they get fairly cheap.

This is literally everything I want in an affordable 2 seat roadster, it looks SOOOOO MUCH BETTER than the ND Miata, and it's going to sound amazing

NA refers to the generation of Miata, where NA is the first generation. The second is NB, third is NC, and today's is ND.

HIVEMIND

I'm going to sell a kidney to fund my purchase
I don't need it like I need that sound in my life.

is it worth 9 thousand dollars LPG? i would say not, the depreciation is brutal as fuck

it'd be interesting if they sold really poorly at first until reliability reviews came in and reports of reliable tuned examples showed up everywhere, which slows the used depreciation to a stop and accelerates sales.......