You can only get cool, reliable cars with loans

I am a cash-car only faggot and I am jealous of all the nice, newer cars I see. I want a cool car, and I even have like $15K laying around in the bank, but I refuse to take a loan.

I have never had a car payment in my life, but I have only had like 8+ year old cars. How much is your car payment Veeky Forums ? Is it worth it?

i pay 500 a month some months and 900 a month others

i have a 2008 evo x mr

wow holy shit, how much do you pay for your apartment/house a month if you pay $500-$900 for the car?

>I have $15k laying around

Put it in a high-yield account, add $500/mo until you hit $40k-$60k, and buy a cool car.

>cool
>reliable
you can only pick one

Take out a loan. They're not inherently bad. Just don't be an idiot.

Honda Accord coupe with a V6 fits both.

I mean it's not the coolest but definitely a little cool and is reliable as a Honda Accord.

If you have good credit you can get a loan with very low interest and just set it up to automatically make the payments.

>Opportunity-cost of doing something this retarded

Wow this is the lamest post I've ever read. Are you serious right now nigger?
I can't even right now dude. You must be fucking joking. Everyone and their mother drives a V6 accord coupe. NO ONE thinks they're nice or cool. Reliable, sure. But no more cool than a civic sedan.

What is your profession where you can afford that?

You need credit in your life. good luck buying a house without taking out a loan.

If you have $15k, you can buy a $30k car, put 15k down and your payment is going to be almost negligible for a few years.

2016 WRX
267/month

God damn man, did you purposely overpay the car to reverse finance it or somethingm? Why would they pay you monthly? And that'd a had idea if you did reverse finance it because it works against you due to inflation. Though honestly, you said that it's 267 per month, so I'm guessing you didn't ask them to prorated it for you. A bad move on you're part dude.

Protip: kill yourself

I'm are are different poster,

was/am on the the same boat but since the only car i got new was stolen after 10 years i got kinda traumatized. so know i buy equally "hot" cars or trucks with cash but nothing new

not again.

it felt like deflowering a virgin and teaching her all the dirty kinky shit you know and like, only to have her fall for a nigger with drug money.

kek

where as getting a used car in full you expect shit to happen to it but you dont care since its easily replaceable.

Anyone can afford that if you budget...

I own my car now but sometimes I would make the minimum and sometimes I would pay 2k on my car that month because my finances allowed me too.

Sure budgeting is gonna help, but still, 500 and 900 is a lot no matter what

Nothing. I only drive shitboxes and motorcycles on the street. I prefer to spend the money normal people spend on a car payment and insurance instead on slicks, fuel, and entry fees. Don't be jealous of people with nice street cars. Go use your $15k to buy a race car.

£0 paid cash for my car brand new. Not being an Ameribroke helps.

$0 car payment
$800 insurance

>Guys, I'm willing to spend all my savings on a car
MURRICA!
>Dude, you should totally get rid of your savings and go into debt
FUCK YEAH!

Yeah but UK cars are like little I4 shitboxes

Not really the same situation

Does your car have like 70 bhp?

78 actually, thank you very much.

Agreed I'm 21 banking ~4K a month with no payment but really want a 50k truck

I am serious. It looks decent and it'll embarrass some "sports cars" like the BRZ and most Miatas. No RWD funsies but that's the worst you can say about it.

If you have $15K in cash and you absolutely have to buy new, then go ahead. Just try to get the interest rate under 2% and pay it off over 3 years.

You've already saved half the interest, so you're not a complete chump.

I buy new cars with cash. I can afford it, and I tend to drive them a while, but there is no shame in financing a car if you can get a great interest rate. It allows you to keep your emergency fund in the bank and still only lost one or two percent in interest, or 6% over the life of the loan. You lose more money driving that new car off the lot, so it's not like you're making money buying a car.

$1400/month rent new York
300/month utilities
260/month jets kind
400/month insurance
150 month motorcycle
556 month for the ram

i have an apartment and its like 1245 for everything minus utilities

>Is it worth it?
no.

The only time a car loan is worth it is when the interest rate is lower than whatever returns you are getting on the money you would use to pay.

As far as building credit.. pay bills on time, pay credit(charge) cars on time. Getting a first time home loan isn't that difficult so don't worry about that.