The Ease of Things

Ease Mods Thread?

Who Fumoto here?

Fumoto are great if you have the clearance. I always put them on my Subarus. Never a mess or drip.

Now if they can just come up with a better way of changing the filter. I do the grocery bag trick, but it's still messy.

i fumoto here. wish i had opted for the one with the nipple so I could have run a tube direct to oil pan

Definitely Planning on getting one for my 2002 4.0 V6 Ford Ranger

This is probably handy when you have 50 gallons of oil in your CAT 9001 Excavator that you want to drain into barrels 10 feet away from a nearly inaccessible oil drain port, but for draining a few quarts of oil out the bottom of your civic..

Literally why.

I wasn't aware of this drain thing.
Gonna buy one for my old C10
Shit needs 2,000mile oil changes.
Should make things way easier.

Because it's still easier than undoing the plug, dropping it in the drain pan while getting shit all over yourself, and hoping it doesn't leak for some reason when you put it back in.

Also I change my oil a lot. Like 3-5000 miles

Oil is messy mang.
A cheap device that makes no mess is worth it.
I mean, have You had ur hand covered in oil before?
Shit is annoying

I wear gloves when I change oil and still get dirty half the time. I hates it.

>Actually wear gloves for once
>Oil runs down arm and pools in glove

Fuck oil changes, next time I do it I'm putting a valve in

I can feel myself getting cancer every time I see dirty oil on my hands.

Might be the cigarettes too though.

Did the engineers make the filter as much of a pain in the dick as it is with the 3.0?

Used to in all my vehicles, but there's a townie shop that will change my oil for $10 (labor) - I provide the materials. Well worth not fucking with the mess even the filter will make, plus disposing of the oil.

in my F150 Ecoboost they put the drain plug in the stupidest spot possible, and when you pull it, the oil shoots out into the side of the swaybar and fucking sprays every which way. I bought a Fumoto with a 90 degree nipple on it so that I could prevent this from happening.

I have one on an '11 Frontier. Love it. No clearance issues, but it is a 4WD.

I love working on 4 wheelers, I barely even have to bend down to reach everything. Meanwhile a bone stock honda requires a jack and a lot of crawling around

>Might be the cigarettes too though.
Nah bro

>Fumoto are great if you have the clearance.
>clearance
Fuck, this thing sounded pretty cool until I understood how it worked and then realized my car sits 5 or 6 inches off the ground

I have the better version of this.

Moar pics

>he restricts the flow rate of oil during an oil change
you know there are insolubles that get caught up in your sump that are meant to drain out during oil changes? things bigger than the strainer so that they can't be simply caught in the oil filter? yeah well this stops them from being dragged out during an oil change.

I wonder how much that would impede flow?

after a while you learn how to remove a drain plug without dropping it 90% of the time.

Never had a drain plug leak.. and i reuse the washer.

Yeah your fine dude

>yeah well this stops them from being dragged out during an oil change.
Have you ever used one of these things?

If I remember right, these don't get all the oil out.
If you want to do mess free, get an oil extractor. Run it down your dipstick and it sucks the oil right out. I hear it works great

It will flow great after the rock breaks it off.

Some engines have the oil pan as the lowest point underneath. If you do off roading you might high center it and tear open your oil pan on a rock. A normal pan might just dent. It's only another 3/4 inch higher than the normal 17mm bolt, but it does stick out a little more.

My Subaru has 9" of clearance (more than a Jeep Grand Cherokee) and the pan is recessed, so yeah it's not an issue.

I'm in a lowered prelude though m80. Anything bigger than a small speed bump and I'm grinding

Get a remote oil filter kit. There are universal kits for like $90. I have one in fact

>a remote oil filter kit
Thanks but I like having the filter full of oil on start-up.

Seeing how easily this could be broken-off, why in the fuck don't they make it out of steel (and not soft-as-shit brass?).

Because brass will break cleanly but steel will destroy your oil pan too.

It's tiny, a little bit bigger than your drain plug, if you're hitting shit to break it off, you're already in trouble.

Soo nice on my lowered S2k. Probably gonna get one for the speed3 just cause

Why wouldn't it be? I have a remote mount on the Fury to make changes easier so I'm not fishing behind a pulley. I've yet to pull a filter and it not be full with my remote mounted setup. Also, I no longer drip as much oil during a change.

kek. All those sharp metal edges, just waiting. I like it.