What /o think of the 2008 Honda Civic SI?

What /o think of the 2008 Honda Civic SI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fsct3XMh7eo
youtube.com/watch?v=NT6qmkJ_eVo
youtube.com/watch?v=6lOlO67dC0M
motortrend.com/news/2006-honda-civic-si-6/
caranddriver.com/reviews/saturn-ion-red-line-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2
youtube.com/watch?v=gt433VCKFWU
youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

glorious, but underpowered compared to the competition.

Front-wheel drive

so?

It is the vanilla ice cream of cars. It is so mediocre, it's nearly unnoticeable.

But still better than the 2015.

slower then the competition

My dad had one for a while. It's mostly a quiet, comfortable daily that has sporty elements, rather than a sports car or whatever you want to call it.

not a bad car though.

Fun as fuck daily driver that's cheap to run

>FWD with macpherson struts

Pretty shitty

>My nigga
I hate those wheels though.

>hurr fwd is bad
>>>Jalopnik

I own an FA5 and have thoroughly enjoyed ricing this bad boy. after you get the suspension set to your liking, it's a 2gay monster.

it is underpowered, yes and slower than most. there are some good supercharger kits available, but you're just gonna spin your wheels. it's one of the slowest sport compacts on the market, but the driving experience in this car is much better, in my opinion, than the gti, speed3, wrx, and neon.

sorry m8, but the ion redline is just as slow, if not slower than a civic si

>>hurr fwd is bad

I'm not saying that.
Its just stupid the 90's FWD hondas had mcuh better suspension setups than all the newer hondas.

>sorry m8, but the ion redline is just as slow, if not slower than a civic si
nope. Ion Redline murders a Civic Si.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fsct3XMh7eo
>14.21 second 1/4 mile stock

Meanwhile
youtube.com/watch?v=NT6qmkJ_eVo
>15.23 second 1/4 mile stock

try again. It's a whole second faster. There are many reasons for this, but here are the main 2:
1: Despite making similar power to the K20, the LSJ makes an assload more torque. While the K20 makes 139 ft-lbs, the LSJ makes 200 ft-lbs.
2: The LSJ engines have a larger and more usable powerband since the power comes on from 3k to the 7k rpm redline, meanwhile the Civic doesn't start making power until 6k rpm and goes to the 8k rpm redline.

Try again.

Even when slapped with a turbo it's slower than a mildly modified version of the competition.

youtube.com/watch?v=6lOlO67dC0M

ah, those two videos prove it. I apologize, as I'm a civic owner, I'm very ignorant.

Except this video has way more to do with driver ability. The Civic driver was new as fuck to any kind of racing, while the speed3 guy wasn't.

I really liked my '09 Si I had but I would take my current '12 speed3 over it. The k20 in the Si is... just delicious though, especially once you get a flashpro.

other proof:
motortrend.com/news/2006-honda-civic-si-6/

caranddriver.com/reviews/saturn-ion-red-line-short-take-road-test-specs-page-2

still faster, even in official reviews.

>try again. It's a whole second faster. There is one reason for this:

The LSJ is supercharged, the K20 is NA

ftfy

Also everyone knows Honda's build quality is a lot better than GM's. Boosted GM car? no thanks

I never said it wasn't boosted. He said the LSJ equipped Ion Redline was as slow or slower than the Civic Si. He was proven wrong. This wasn't about F/I versus N/A.

ok you win. saturn ion is much faster and murders the civic si.

[Desperate Bench racing Intensifies]

Awesome cars if you're into modding. K20 is one of the best NA four cylinders of all time. If building up a car sounds fun to you, $6k and you could have a light 300+whp car with tight handling and reliability.

>dropping well earned money to make a turd a polished turd at that

>not bench racing
Why are you here then?

for jerking to miatas and twingos

>to make a turd a polished turd
das life mayne

>ultimate benchracing topped with ignorance
Have you ever driven a well tunes Si? I highly doubt it. It is a beast platform for anyone who genuinely enjoys cars and modding.

its a plastic fwd econobox. i guarantee you however money was spent on tuning that si couldve just bought a stock something else thats legit better in every way
>wrx sti
>evo
>vette
>m3/335i
>etc

Soo you're comparing the cost of tuning a 2008 Si to buying m3s, vettes, and evos?
>opinions discarded
How clueless are you? A 2008 Si cost like $12.. Plus $6k in mods brings you to $18k.
$18k for a 300whp car that you feel good about because you built it yourself.

>$18k for a 300whp car
You could buy a C5 vette and have much more than that, or an LS1 F-body with a blower and make more.

I have a feeling its been one fucker posting these threads the past few days.

Damn you're stupid.
Sure you could do that if you don't want space, reliability, gas mileage, handling, basic daily driveability.

ya even an f body with small funds can kill a tuned civic bra lol

>a blown LS1 F-body isn't dd-able
wtf are you on?

I can only go by appearance so I hate it. The back of it looks completely out of place

That thing is ugly af.

>yfw accurate representation of Speed3 and Civic owners

but faster than your tuned Civic while bone stock.

I had one with intake/header/3in exhaust with hondata she made 228 at the wheels. FWD so races from a dig were shitty. but consistently placed well in my local auto cross. beat my friends 2014 wrx from a roll, stage 2 gti's were always a close race. It was reliable and thats all i needed at the end of the day. id go with an s2000 or a k20 hatch doe

lol i'll just leave this here

youtube.com/watch?v=gt433VCKFWU

Might be a second faster to 60, but a tuned Si is faster around a track no contest.

better than anything hyundai or kia have put out.
better than a 350z, brz, miata.
its not pigfat and with a proper suspension and tires its fairly competitive, it won a handfull of champoinships in the pirelli cup thing back in 06-09

This kid just doesn't realize what these jap cars can do..
youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU

Fun DD, worthless modding wise unless you want to throw money at it.
Most of them have transmission issues though.
>lock out of second gear at high revs
>third gear pops out, and is hard to get into at times
Just look on the forums for them, I'm not lying.
Also the transmission is just kind of shit. It's a short throw, but I'd never call it smooth, or crisp. Just...gear-y. Rev hang is annoying, but can be tuned out.
Sauce: own one.
Lots of fun to throw around corners though, and it's fun to wind up, and has more driving personality than similar "sport compacts" of the time. Also more reliable in the long term, it will give you less trouble than every car in It just depends on what you want from the car, OP. A good, fun DD? Or a modding platform? Something fast-ish stock? If you want the last two, buy something else. I only own mine because I'm a 23 year-old grad student who doesn't want to spend the money on insuring a RWD car, and wants more space than an older Miata.

Before I trigger people:
More driving character than some of the sport compacts of the time. The Cooper S is a ton of fun.
I haven't driven an Evo or a Speed3 though.

Nothing will help.. Every time I post about my Si it causes a wave of ass mad. Idk what it is about this car that enrages people so.

kek, the k20z3 is god-tier for modding. $10-$11k for car, another $5 -$6 for turbo and tune and you can make r8 drivers assmad. case and point:

I haven't heard much love for the 9th gen anywhere, but I haven't driven one either so I don't know if it's just people being mad about the multitudes of shitty Honda drivers or what.

that's part of why I like the car. all the butthurts and keks

I have no experience with K20 but my K24 Si makes around 330whp with a CT-e supercharger. I've spent around $6k on everything aftermarket including exhaust, engine, suspension, and wheels. This car is tits.

I seriously doubt his set up is as cheap as that, since he didn't mention the brand on turbo or the intercooler I can't confirm if I'm right or not.
But a turbo set up like that will definitely hurt your reliability.

Also, $6k counts as throwing money at it in my books.
Now you're in the price range for a Z06 Vette, which will out you at a stock, reliable 405hp.

Hey bud do you want a relatively new japanese DD you can build up yourself and turn into a performance car, or do you want a 20 year old american car with 100k miles on it and zero practicality?

Does wanting to murder you with torquesteer with a shit eating grin on its face count as character?

>DD
>Turbo project you would have to mostly DIY to make it be 6k
Pick one.
I don't care about nationality.
Also lol torque steer
Also, I price checked the Z06 with 70k miles.
I wouldn't DD either car, so practicality really part of this.
But I would like a performance car with more power than a Civic build, yeah.

Depends, do you also end up with a shiteating grin? Or dead?

Yeah.. I DIY my whole car what's your point? I've been DDing my Si with the SC setup for well over 20k miles with no issues.

A lot of people get mad at Si's for some reason, but you're a special case.

Actually, what I want is to be able to own my car without dealing with faggots like you every fucking time I mention the car.
>hey man, it's cheap to mod, just spend more than half your car's value in mods
>hey man, I smoked an *insert actual desirable car her*
>hey man listen to my ebay exhaust
>hey man, you don't need sleep, right? so I'll drive my straight piped civic through your apartment complex at 4am
>bro that needs some new shoes and a skunk2
>yellow fog lights
>modding a car with a garbage can for a transmission
This is why I want to sell my car and buy literally anything else.

Lol calm down faggot.

lol the r8 didnt even try

neither did ur mum last nite

oh no you live in a world of delusion where your car doesnt have 50 less ft/lbs of torque

So far just the former.

I think in 96 or 97 (I'm not 100% sure) is when they got rid of the double wishbone suspension

Just fyi 2000 for the civic, 2001 for cr-v, and 2007 for the accord are the last years with double wishbone.

Was going to decide on an SI, GTI, or a MS3.

I dont regret my decision. Stoplight riced a newer SI a few days ago and still got it by car lengths,