/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #26 - EH REH edition

Previous thread: >Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c49Trz5Rc_A
poal.me/q4208k
youtube.com/watch?v=o6nJysVtCrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Skyward Sword a best

youtube.com/watch?v=c49Trz5Rc_A

>Fifth match is Midna VS Linkle
poal.me/q4208k

Usual disclaimer:
>I am just a normal guy making a poll on an anonymous imageboard. You can imagine I can't decide if a poll is rigged or if someone is cheating by posting the poll link in other threads/sites. I can't check such crazy variables. My borderline legal suggestion is: support your favourite girl and do it with all your strenght. Don't expect your adversaries to be 100% fair. That's it. And yes, we have already seen some cheats by this point.

Now, vote my friends, the poll closes approximately in 21 hours.

Thread Theme(s):

youtube.com/watch?v=o6nJysVtCrM

Have a wonderful day

Coincidence.
Right?

By all accounts, this is a pretty shit OP image. But I chuckled, so whatever.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>Peatrice is on there
>Where the fuck is Kina
This is definitively memes.

Fuck, I forgot the tripcode. That post was made by me, it's not an impersonator.

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

That's everyone. Move along, nothing to see here.

Blame whoever didn't name her before the tournament started.

>mfw I literally saw her till my second playthrough
>I had to google her just now because I didn't even know her name

Literally who waifu.

I'd play a Steampunk Zelda.
Inb4 "Spirit Tracks".

You would like Spirit Tracks

Play Spirit Tracks.

>That's everyone.
I don't think so, there's people who don't understand that Fi is great

Not him, but as someone who loves all the Zelda games, ST's most redeeming quality besides Ghost Zelda is shooting bunnies in the face with a cannon, it's stupidly satisfying.

I'm hurt.

…not really. She's only seen in an entirely optional sidequest that can be safely ignored the whole game. All you're missing out on is a heart piece and some gratitude crystals.

Oh don't worry, many people do.
That, or Fi won her match in the Queen tournament because of cheats. Choose one.

All DS Zelda games are crap.

Fi is shit.
Total shit.
0 personality.
Clippy is a more interesting character.

>next match is Tetra v. Irene
BOARD
WARS

I've only played PH, but I really liked it.

Yes, the controls are a pain in the ass at first, but beyond that the characters, dungeons, puzzles, quests and locations are all pretty good. Plus you can personalize your ship.

>she was up against literal cockworship stalker witch
I can see why /feg/ is hated here.

Not all of them

What are you implying?

I admit, that was way more fun than I'd anticipated.
I'm implying there's gonna be a bonfire of epic proportions.

You should play spirit tracks too

saucy.

I want to but I don't really want to emulate the game and I haven't found a used copy

I wonder if Irene will get more support than Maple.

If you post something more reserved of her, albeit still sexy, I'm going to vote for her.

Perhaps this?

We need more possessed Zelda.

Not enough. Also, too thicc

>broom isn't between her thighs
GARBAGE

She's fresher in everyone's minds, plus less of a tsun, IIRC. Also, color.

>Not enough
What is it missing? Have another Irene in the meantime

Futafags should be gassed desu senpai

>Futafags should be gassed
NO YOU

>Futafags should be gassed desu senpai
Agreed. Why wanting a woman with a dick when you can have a girly looking boy?

Homosexuals fall into the "to be gassed" category senpai. No, traps are not ok either

Rude. Pretty boys are for straight men.

Bigdead93 is so good.

I really, really think he is right.

The other one was too thicc and showed too much skin. This one shows almost no skin and silhouette, her pose isn't sexy too.

No one said that it was wrong being bad at a game.

What theories are you working on today, fampei?

>This
>thicc

I really want to rework the timeline trying to erase the Downfall timeline.

How so?

>I really want to waste my time

>he says while posting on Veeky Forums

Some user last thread agreed the Downfall timeline was a bit of an asspull.
So I started wondering where should I fit the 2D games if the Downfall timeline didn't exist. Just out of curiousity.

Not that guy, but are you suggesting that the Hyrule Historia is actually intended to be taken as canon outside of being a speculative handbook? Interesting, what proof do you have for this?

Wew lad, quit complaining, it's just a gripe of mine.

I take offense at this comic. Who would call Miyamoto by his first name?

Oh boy. Anti-HH zealotry incoming.

The HH is canon. But still a ground where further speculations should be made.
I said it many times, the HH will be reprinted and many things in it will be changed, retconned and added.
So as of now, the HH is necessary canon but we can still speculate about the fixes Nintendo will make in the future.

>can still speculate about the fixes Nintendo will make in the future.
Like giving a stronger argument for the Downfall timeline as to how it came to happen besides "Link lost xD"
It's literally impossible to remove the timeline entirely

Ah, say no more. In my opinion the 2D games all fall post-FSA on the Child Timeline. It's correct up to there.

But I think Hyrule Historia was designed with a contingency in mind, that if for some reason they changed the story of a game, that timeline could still ambiguously work in another place. The problem is, I think they forgot the material and made up a new one. But it's obvious where the train switch was. The Oracle games. The Oracle games are ambiguously direct sequels to Majora's Mask. Right down to Link returning to Hyrule from Termina. It's my theory that at that point in time, the story for Twilight Princess was still cooking, and Nintendo had this in case it failed to seam into the 2D series. Which ultimately, it did.

So, what I'm taking from this, is that you think it's not canon, but you're its bitch anyway and will defend it, cause Nintendo says so, just like Other M. Is this correct?

>dude so mad that his kiddy game has kiddy plot

I mean the timeline was designed with a contingency. Not Historia.

>It's literally impossible
Not literally. Nintendo can do whatever the fuck they want.

Well yes, they can always release Zelda: Other Z and retcon every game before it, making everything pointless.

Something like that however, is very unlikely to happen.

>So, what I'm taking from this, is that you think it's not canon, but you're its bitch anyway and will defend it, cause Nintendo says so, just like Other M. Is this correct?
I think that's a big fat strawman. I never implied any of those things.

>dude so mad that he can't comprehend any story that doesn't spoonfeed him with exposition. Even if it doesn't make sense. Cause he needs to be told how something how something works or else it doesn't work.

There's a Homer analogy in here somewhere that you're a living ensample of.

You said it.
>"But still a ground where further speculations should be made.
I said it many times, the HH will be reprinted and many things in it will be changed, retconned and added."
How can something be objective and yet subjective? Canon by definition is or it isn't.

>Ah, say no more. In my opinion the 2D games all fall post-FSA on the Child Timeline. It's correct up to there.
>But I think Hyrule Historia was designed with a contingency in mind, that if for some reason they changed the story of a game, that timeline could still ambiguously work in another place. The problem is, I think they forgot the material and made up a new one. But it's obvious where the train switch was. The Oracle games. The Oracle games are ambiguously direct sequels to Majora's Mask. Right down to Link returning to Hyrule from Termina. It's my theory that at that point in time, the story for Twilight Princess was still cooking, and Nintendo had this in case it failed to seam into the 2D series. Which ultimately, it did.
Very interesting take.

Because Nintendo, in a note in the HH, said what they wrote might be subject to changes. Nintendo are the authirs of the series. So whatever they say must be taken for golden, since they created it. If they change idea, so does the canon. Which is exactly why we fans can we still speculate about it. Nintendo set a canon but still gave us the chance to discuss it.

Get it?

With an ongoing creative series the people in charge of it are free to change things as they see fit from game to game.

Canon in a completed work is different than an incomplete one. Until Nintendo says they're never making more Zelda games, or the series goes dormant like F-Zero or Mother, then we've got a slightly squishy canon since Nintendo can change things in any game.

What exactly is wrong with this?

Nothing. Nerds just get butthurt about anything; it's in our nature.

Nothing. I accept it like it is. But speculation is fun.

Where exactly are you getting at?

>Nintendo set a canon but still gave us the chance to discuss it.

This is where you contradict yourself. If they've told you, it's subject to their whim to change, then how can you possibly discuss it? You'll always be wrong. I would be 100% with you if you were arguing that that's why Nintendo kept it secret, so that you could discuss canon. But confirmation with a caveat of "Fuck you, if we want" isn't very noble, especially when it's obviously wrong, and you have to use that "Fuck you if we want" as the excuse for those errors.

I think you realize this, but you like most fans, are afraid to jump off the ship and decide for yourself what's canon, because you're not used to it.

Maybe the problem with the timeline is the 2D games are hard to implement with the 3D games due to limitations. Downfall is all 2D barring ALBW

What is wrong is that it does not align to the headcanon of some people and they don't like it when people stick to that book like they stick to their canon.

You people have to understand is that our problem is not with your fanfic, but with the holier-than-thou attitude when the discussion takes place. It always goes with "i'm smarter than you" arguments.

Nintendo said that the HH can undergo future changes, but at present time it did not. This also does not mean that the current canon will undergo MAJOR changes as some headcanons that appear here suggest. For all we know the changes in the timeline that they mentioned may only apply to future games that they set in between the past games, which will change the narrative a lot by adding more stuff to it.

>jump off the ship and decide for yourself what's canon

Michael Kirkbride, since when did you go to /lozg/?

>slightly squishy canon

Name an instance where this has ever happened in the games themselves.

It hasn't, not that I can think of off the top of my head. But future games can always add more detail to past events or affect how people interpret them.

Perhaps it's more accurate to say Nintendo has a squishy canon. The fans have the canon as presented, but on the developer's end, as the authors of the series, the options are more open because they control it.

>user arguments about what's canon or not.webm

It's missing this

Nothing. I'm just trying to corroborate all the Sky Characters with other symbols.

Midna winning? Ewwwwuughhh.

Personally I like the idea of Link pulling a heroic sacrifice, so nothing is wrong with that.

>Link pulling a heroic sacrifice
Something like that is never stated or even implied to happen

His points were shallow, biased, and lacked a real thread to an argument or legitimate comparison between games. Not to mention, Ocarina of Time did the best job of any 3D game up to that point in TEACHING you in the first level, the thing he sucked Megaman's dick over for half an hour. Completely ignored it.

Ew, no. In one of the timelines Arin Hanson is playing is all.

>Egoraptor caused the Downfall timeline

Headcanon accepted.

I chuckled

>Ew, no
>not wanting to make Chococrazy slut canon

I'm so sick of these rigged polls. I'm calling shenanigans because everyone I've voted for has lost.

Coincidence? I think not.

Your computer has a virus that freezes the button for your choice, so everyone has to pick the other one.

That's what happens when you have shit taste, user.

But this is stupid

How so? Adult timeline and Downfall timeline differ in no way up until Link loses. You can't have a copy be different without external intervention.
And to be honest Cia intervening being the catalyst for the split is a much nicer theory than quantum Fi

>the dark wold