Can we talk about the PT Cruiser?

Can we talk about the PT Cruiser?

I understand it's an awful piece of shit, but I've been offered $100 to change the glowplugs on a diesel one, and I don't know a thing about them, the engines or the cars.

Assuming europe because diesel versions were never sold in America.

Yeah, UK. Actually offered £60, which is like $85USD

Diesel pt cruiser?
What the fuck

European market only. IIRC, it was some small diesel Chrysler bought from VM Motori.

Wikipedia says it's a 2.2L Mercedes Unit, but it's [citation needed] and dosen't say which mercedes 2.2L diesel

Uses a simple 2.2 MB diesel with a getrag 5 speed? Good cars

anyways, assume replacing the glow plugs is the same procedure as replacing spark plugs on a petrol car, right? Never worked on a diesel but I know glow plugs are used to help cold starts in winter doing a similar job to a spark plug.

I would guess as much but I can't dig up fuck on them. Normally when I work on a car I can find something about them, but the diesel cruiser is rare enough that there's nothing on them

If youre not knowledgable enough to figure it out you probably shouldnt accept money to do it.
That being said look on youtube or google for how to to do it in these cars. If nothing comes up look up how to change glow plugs in general for any car. Try ro find the flat rate time to see how long itll take you to do.

I do a lot of shade tree mechanic stuff, but I've never worked on a diesel or a cruiser before. From what I've found it's basically the same as spark plugs, but I figured I'd ask here in case someone actually owned one.

Mine literally exploded on the highway while I was driving it. Straight back to hell where it belonged.

fucking chrysler

Post the year and exact model and i can try to look it up for you

2004, manual, UK spec. Not sure the trim, it's been turked out with neon shit

Weird looking fuckers those glowplugs. Sources I'm finding on ebay are 4x plugs for the 2.2 diesel for $50.
Actually, it should be straightforward, on the gas ones everything is just rammed in under the hood, the diesel should possibly be easier. Just note that the gas ones have a reputation for being hard to work on with a lot packed tight under the hood. Pic is a 2005 turbo model.
The manual will probably not have the catching fire issues the automatic has, so you're safer there.

God that looks like a cunt to work on, with any luck the diesel will be a little less shoehorned in

BIG BLACK ENGINE COVERS

I had no idea they made diesel pt losers.

I prefer loser cruiser myself

should look like this without the cover.

And I'm guessing the glowplugs are the things standing up on the top, pretending to be spark plugs?

Looks simple enough