forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=39930890b08b95bbbc515eaef1c8710b9f2896eb
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=2e4f1cf402b8cf20ee3e20c90d94340a805e0f43
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=83ff43e1d77b8a92247b02976c192c74890929ef
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=9d774fce3375d5546fe8ba6fa058d5245b0a7751
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally die of brain cancer

Third for F

F.

Clans did 9/11

Really makes you think-

So any consensus on the viper? Is it a shitmech or what?

It's fragile but it's capable of dishing out damage and is extremely fun to play due to massive jump power, there is no area in the game you can't flat foot jump to as an escape route etc. It can also run a few different types of energy based builds (with MGs for flavor) which is nice.

It pretty desperately needs some leg structure quirks at the least though. Otherwise it's basically exactly what it should be as a 40t mech. Jenner IICs are better on the whole due to being able to take more DHS and increase their sustained DPS, but the Viper can bring more raw firepower if it chooses to (excluding SRM bomb Jenner) or actually run 4MGs quite effectively to shred components. 5SPL + 4MG has been wonderful.

It's no shitmech by any stretch, but it's not going to be making waves either. It could use some buffs but it's overall pretty okay. You won't be seeing them used very often over the Jenner IIC, and the Cheetah still has ECM for scouting but that's literally all the Cheetah gets over it. Shadowcat also makes a better sniper at +5t. The Viper doesn't fill any particular niche exceedingly well, but it's not bad at the things it does at all.

That's a pretty neat trick.

It's possible because PGI once again doesn't know what they're doing, and obviously have a shitty projector system setup.

top kek

Never forget.

>inner sphere gets rifleman
>inner sphere gets archer
>clans get kodiak
>inner sphere gets phoenix hawk
>clans get viper

fug this gay earth

Clans are also about to get the Huntsman and Night Gyr, IS will get a fucking Cyclops.

And then Clans will get the Linebacker, and you'll never see one on the battlefield ever.

Cyclops will be a good robot

IS still has twice the mechs Clan have

Cyclops might actually be alright. 4 ballistic and 7 missile version should be pretty good.

>4 ballistic
Literally a mauler with, most likely, a narrower torso.
>7 missile version

Good luck getting to the required range to use those 7x missile weapons though...

That 4 ballistic is the Hero, and it has a head laser! It'll be a weaker mauler, or a slower Black Widow. gg

The 7 missile variant people might stuff with LRMs and think the Tacticon B-2k will somehow aid their fire support endeavors. You'd be an idiot to run srms on it, even the Atlas struggles with that now.

It will be better than a mauler. The hardpoints will be higher and much closer together. You'll also be able to use a much bigger engine.

It can take a 400XL if it wants, getting close isn't a big problem.

>The hardpoints will be higher and much closer together.
Uh... judging by the concept art they'll actually be lower, and will be one above the other, whereas the Mauler has them side by side and high mounted.
>much bigger engine
...if you run an XL? Sure... XL Cyclops will be the best meme.

Would anyone care to post a build for an Archer Arc-5w designed for lrms? It was my first purchase and I have done quite well with it. Here is my second and current (added srms because I play solo and need something) setup if anyone could critique

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=39930890b08b95bbbc515eaef1c8710b9f2896eb

You what? The ballistics are clearly higher on the cyclops.

>XL on a mech that's the size of the Highlander

Mmm-hm. Shits gonna get cray-cray, yo.

Regardless of whether you run an xl or standard, you can always use something bigger than a 325 that's available on the mauler.

I see you haven't ever played Banshees or Battlemasters and live in the 2012 era of "Assault mechs can't take XL engines!"

The Zeus can take an XL too, the Victor is almost required to have an XL, it's one of the reasons it's never used, among many others. The Banshee and Battlemaster only use an XL to boat lasers and poke shit from a distance. None of that is even remotely comparable to a 90 toner in the stylings of a slightly faster Highlander that will carry mostly brawler builds.
Fuck off with your shit post.

>play sniper build
>teammates are retarded yoloniggers who start feeding themselves into the enemy team within the first minute
>play brawl build
>all teammates are immediedly retarded babies who do nothing but hide behind cover and run away when they have 5x numbers advantage
Literally only way to win is not to play

>plays like shit
>blames team
>blogposts

It is nothing like the Highlander BECAUSE IT CAN GO FAST

Likewise the Highlander halfasses every single SRM build it can run. We're also only talking about one variant, the other Cyclops can do 4UAC5, 3AC5 2PPC, and no one cares about the others. There's no point of comparison for the brawling Cyclops because no assault mech, IS or Clan, can do the builds this one can. It's a unique mech.

Also, IS LPLs aren't exactly a long range trading weapon. And XL engines aren't even a reason Victors aren't used anymore, the reason they aren't used is because of power creep, ruined jumpjets, and Timber Wolves.

>standard engine.
>0 arm armor.
>LRMboat with 30 tubes total.
>no endosteel.

-8/10.

Well, like I said. It is my first mech and second configuration. Could you suggest something better?

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=2e4f1cf402b8cf20ee3e20c90d94340a805e0f43

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=83ff43e1d77b8a92247b02976c192c74890929ef

Fire the torso lrms and arm lrms with at least 0.5 seconds delay between each other to not trigger ghostheat. Tank with your right side until you go through at least half your ammo then you can try to spread damage evenly with your undamaged side. Take advantage of your high narc mount which doesn't take much to peek.

Once you can afford an xl, then running a srm build will be a much better use of the mech.

>it's a half of your team is dead before you even engage an enemy episode
Nice flank guys

Would mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=394&l=9d774fce3375d5546fe8ba6fa058d5245b0a7751 work?

Thanks m8. I am using lrms just to get to know maps and objectives. I liked being a pest with a light trial mechs so might go back to that once I feel comfortable.

Original ARC-5W guy here so I'm not sure but I think ARTEMIS needs line of sight so is not useful for lrms?

The hit detection on medium mechs is completely fucked, I see them just straight up facetank more damage than heavies or assaults without giving a shit. It's like whats happening on screen is completely mismatched from what the game thinks is happening.

ded

I don't think Narc and Artemis stack and they do the same thing (tighten spread by 25%).

If only to bump the thread
Harabec, I have been wondering how you built the Viper's, or is that some kong secret.

>Kong secret

VPR-C, all stock omnipods: 4MG, 1.5t of ammo, 5SPL, 1DHS, 12 head armour

VPR-M, all stock omnipods: 6SPL, 2DHS, I did run it with 3DHS and 1 head armour and some off the arms but the arms are too vital I decided so now I just deal with the free .3t

VPR-A, all stock omnipods: 4ML (all ST mounts), 5 extra DHS, stripped left arm (and head down to 12 maybe? Can't remember and can't check atm)

VPR-PRIME: both A STs, 1LPL 3ML

Haven't played the B or the D. I've run some missile builds (3ASRM4, 3SRM4 with 2SL) but wouldn't really recommend them. I also did a memebuild with 1ERPPC 3SRM2 which I would recommend for funsies, but it's obviously not very good. I also haven't done any of the super energy spam builds yet either.

Is this good or bad?

I wouldn't put much stock into stats but it's mediocre. Above 2.0KDR is good, below 1.0 is bad.

>Victor is required to have an XL; this is why they aren't run anymore
>Banshee and Battlemaster poke shit from a distance

Nigger you are really stupid. Victors got their JJs nerfed and there's better mechs now. They always ran XLs. 400M LPLs aren't exactly "poking". That's ERML range.

git gud

also quirks

You don't want to see my usual fps stats. Below 1 is good,

>tfw ppcs are the weapon I have the most fun with
suffering

Atleast my favourite isn't lurms

but you can meme really hard with LRMs

What if I put some casual lrm launchers on my ppc boat and pretend I'm a lore warcuck

You'll be pretending to be a tier 5 steering wheel retard

>MWO crashing my PC almost every instance I run it
R I P

Update and clean your fuckin' shit.

Consider steering wheel mode engaged, then.

So you wake up one morning and this is what's left of kong.
Do you: A) kill urself or B) go to discord

Only option is A unfortunately. Discord has been in lock down after dudebot hacked it last Tuesday.

RIP: u

>>Discord has been in lock down after dudebot hacked it last Tuesday.

I bet this is good story, please tell.

For mumble.

ignore the spud
do not respond to the spud

>MWO repair tool meme
okay

No, I mean like update your drivers, clean you PC of Cheetos, dust, and download managers, and then if all else fails try the repair tool.

I always loved customization in this game.

>it's always nazis and dicks final destination

I thought the game was full of old men not stupid little teens

Middle age is the only point you care about being mature.

>it's always nazis and dicks final destination
What else are people going to draw on their robots when given the chance to do so

>nazis and dicks

What's the difference?

I'll let myself out.

How's your game doing boy? Your blog seems to be slowing down. Page 10 indefinitely.

one had a vag made...

>13 posts in the past hour even on a friday night when everyone is out

Pretty good. Be sure to cry more about it faggot.

>phillip

6spl build is great. About as fun as the cheetah.

Something edgy with lots of wolfs, skulls and kerenskies of course. Like a real adult man.

I'll get right on that.

Is it me or the mechs somehow look worse?

they don't shine anymore?

>implying there's any comparison
>scam citizen so shit it can't even get a general at all

kek

Probably related to making the camos and colors show up better. Which is hilarious by the way, the camos and crazy colors are a massive "please fuck my face"-sign now.
>some poor bastard in a bright green marauder running across black rocks in grim plexus and getting shot to pieces from the other side of the map
>bright purple mechs in bog

> the camos and crazy colors are a massive "please fuck my face"-sign now.

I agree. Stealth purple all the way.

Ideally I'd like there to be several saved camos that you can pick during the pre-drop screen.

I don't understand quoting the Steam stats. The game has been out for way longer than that and doesn't require anything else to play. Any steamcucks who wanted to got for some minimally viable robots could've just done it at any point in the past, it's not like the game was ported from a console to a PC or something when they released it on Steam.

The people who would only know of the game's existance when it's put on Steam probably aren't interested it anyway.

I have to give it to you guys on that. You did enough damage shit post, false flag, astroturfing, and lying in /SCG/ that Veeky Forums can't sustain one. Too bad you are so insignificant to the development of games that no dev or pubilsher wants, or needs you guys. Unlike 10bux where PGI had to butter them up to get their sheckels you are worthless.

>this much butthurt in a single post

How's that tournament working out?

Worst thing PGI ever did.

It's a pathetic attempt to try to stay relevant even though no one is paying attention outside of the electronic old men.

Newfag to this general and genre. What is this Kong and butthurt shit?

General shitposting that actually has little to nothing to do with the actual game, or the Kong unit.

The kong unit has existed before Veeky Forums existed as a board, and have singlehandedly been keeping the general alive for four years.

Kong is the MWO group of this general. Well, it's more than that since after 4 years it's turned into a social group and many don't play MWO at all anymore (not that they really post here) but yeah.

It would take too long to explain all the meaning of the shitposting that goes on here really. Just ignore it.

FUCK OFF CLAY AND TAKE RANCOR WITH YOU IM TIRED OF YOUR SHIT

Another general filled with shitposting, damn. Thanks for the replies guys, always good ones in there.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

>it's a vass shoots you in the nuts and you pass out episode

Like the world, Why does it have to be this way!?

>blog posts
>avatar fags
>confirmed pedo
You deserved it.

Just ignore it and enjoy the robots.

>HBS uses PGI models for their game
>HBS half way through their game PGI decides to unfuck the Catapult

I doubt HBS is using the cancer components. The rest of the old Catapult was fine really.