/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, and 4x General

Spider Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>Recommended mods for Civilization VI
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Overwhelmed by Barbarians:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453778448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>still no good insect colony management game
COME OOOOOOON

Civilizations with mods is okay.
I'll wait a bit before starting Alpha Centauri. I don't like what I heard about it to be honest famalam.

I'm surprised you didn't add your mods to pastebin desu

>>Recommended mods for Civilization VI
>VI

Because I lack the objectivity to say if they're good or not. They're complete, yes. You have customs events and decisions, yes.
But are they balanced? Gee, I dunno.

>>Recommended mods for Civilization VI

stfu

>tagging along like a loser

>Recommended mods for Civilization VI

I have a feeling Civ VI will have lots of memes from these leader expressions, that is if we're alive by that time

Reminds me of Frozen.

>AoE 2 has markets and trade cards
Phew lads, only 21 travels and I recovered enough gold to compensate for the card.

What disney movie is this from

Boku no Ghandhi

Also >4 posters
I'm off now, I hope the thread doesn't die

SupCom is okay.

Speaking of RTS, I tried Nightside and Perimeter.

They're both pretty shit.
Nighside has 8 units for 4 races (which are virtually identical), and Perimeter is unoptimized and slow even on my doomsday computer. Perimeter 2 manages to be even worse.

>tfw you enjoy Civ IV and Civ V equally

I oscillate between playing them

Rate my Middle East.

>turn arid desert into farmland

I give it two brocolis up

>Istanbul
Pls

What exactly is "slow and unoptimized" in Perimeter?
I've played it just fine.

Let me put it in simple for you : it's shit.

The only thing "Perimeter is unoptimized and slow even on my doomsday computer" tells me you expected pre-x360 era game running fine out of box.

First for Kumo being cute

Well, fuck.

How's Endless Legend?

Endless

One last bump for the night. Good luck, 4xg.

White only mod doesn't work anymore?

Paradox "fixed" it. Now you can only use mods that were approved by Sally.

Well that's just silly. What's the new workaround then?

I'd say "not playing Stellaris or any game that the SJWs took an interest in", but the real answer is "wait for an update, duh".

I just used the old version where all the human portraits are white. Guess that solves it, although in a not so good fashion.

Forbanna svenskjævler.

You sure? I play with some mods not on the workshop. Also, pretty sure a few racial segregation mods exist.

No custom civilizations in the pastebin?

Aren't those are a bit too specific for pastebin recommendations?

Ten.

Pretty good. I don't know if you can turn off tactical combat but if you can then its an excellent game

Wait, are there still autists defending that 11 year old broken game?

>Only one JFD mod in the pastebin

Nine.

Should we get a game of Civ going at some point, lads?

>Aztecs not available for 3 months after the game comes out
kek can't wait to pirate this garbage game

>I am become the Monster in Stellaris
I feel unclean, because up until now I'd been managing a pretty good run of not antagonizing anybody.
The worst part is that my neighboring bird-people, the first- and for a long time, only- contacts I'd had are now terrified of me. Considering that their Fanatic-Xenophile tendencies were what allowed us to to have good relations in the first place, and how trading tech deals with them had helped keep my research up to speed and my planets developed... we were actually pretty much "friendly rivals" for a long time; when one pulled ahead in fleet strength, the other would catch up in a matter of months, their expansion away from me matched my expansion away from them step for step... I'd have allied with them, if the system for building alliances wasn't so fucked up- seriously, why is it so difficult for equals to form an Alliance? It's safe to say they were the reason I didn't go on an aggressive conquering spree like I'd originally planned, and I've been so engaged because of it.
And now they're terrified of me. They've seen what I can do when angered, and suddenly their old friend looks a lot more menacing.

What.

He said Empire Earth is shit.

Balance-wise, sure.

But goddamn setting up a 4v4 game with AIs was fantastic. Start in the nano-age and watch the bombs fall. It was a never ending nuclear wasteland populated by robots that marched off to their doom.

You could just play TA or SupCom for that

People who champion Civ 4 as the best are just 3MA fanboys that parrot everything they say

>that is if we're alive by that time

W-what do you mean, anonfriend?

>a never ending nuclear wasteland populated by robots that marched off to their doom

>pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

We need "More Luxuries" and the "Ingame Editor" in the recommended Civ V mods. Probably couldn't hurt to put in "Yet (Not) Another Earth Map Pack either for those who like earth maps.

I need to make a proper mod list soon.

remainder that BERT is ok

Everyone! Post your comfy Civ V or Stellaris screenshots. Or even just screenshots of your current game right now. Do it!

I'll pick it up when it's as cheap or cheaper than Civ V when it's on sale right now, but I refuse to pay so much for a reskin game, even if I like sci-fi.

I've been meaning to poach art assets from BE and put them into Civ V for modern era/near future modding.

Fuck it, I bet you can make a transition where it just loads Beyond earth without exiting civ V

I probably could, although there are several bits of BE/RT's atmosphere and tech tree that wouldn't fit in a normal game of Civ V. But hell, we'll see. Probably at some point. Aliens can be literal invasive species on earth or something.

Happiness is getting both Civil Engineering and the Affinities as yields mods working together.

I wish I could play bert
I love the look of the affinity units but thats basically all I enjoy about the game
which sucks
it feels so half baked

Imagine it's a Bethesda game and just let mods fix it. mods plus some others I use like Unit naming and scaling make the game feel much better. Although I doubt anyone is going to go through the effort of fixing all the lore and how shallow it is.

Although this is pretty neat.

You can elect to auto resolve.

Stellaris modding question:

Is it not possible to mod the election process for a custom government?

Adding: I mean modding the interface.

I'm not able to build any buildings for some mod civilizations. Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

>neighbor is a collectivist
>plays nice with me, even offers me a nonaggression pact for some reason
>they're pretty strong militarily and we're far enough away that border conflict malus won't happen for a while
>form defensive pact

~50 years later

>fallen empire gets pissed off at my neighbor because muh slavery
>i'm still on good terms with both the neighbor and the fallen empire, everything's fine
>fallen empire wardecs on my neighbor
>i get pulled in via defensive pact
>fallen empire's wargoals include NOTHING BUT LIBERATING SYSTEMS OWNED BY ME BUT NONE OF MY NEIGHBOR'S

>my goddamn enraged fucking face when

What does /4xg/ think of Age of Wonders 3?

Diplomacy in this game is a goddamn joke.

I *have* to tie myself down with militarily binding agreements to get anything done diplomatically, but there are so many fucking mechanics in-place to punish me for cooperating and signing treaties with the AI.

Fallen empires is a nice concept on paper but it really does nothing except limit player's ideology choice. Where are the pro-slave or pro-war fallen empires? Why do they never seem to help me when someone else's purging my race that MIGRATED THERE BY THEIR OWN VOLITION AND THUS OUT OF MY SPHERE OF CONTROL and giving me negative infinity happiness penalty globally?

should I upgrade all my fleets to jump drive ? normal , not spy
I'm tired of using wormholes

Always jump when it is available and why the fuck you haven't done so?
The upgrade cost is so cheap now.

Just add them yourself lad

Does MP even work with pirated version?

rise of nations is pretty fun.

>page 10 in 20 minutes
wew

Also Mongol's UA is completely trash, what do you guys think would be more interesting and also balanced and also make sense? Or do you think it should be trash because their Keshiks and Khans are simply too OP?

pretty fun, more variety in units than a lot of 4x games when it comes to fighting. if you like that hex based tactical battle system its really great, if you dont you wont have fun. i like being able to modify the landscape with spells and customize my heroes, i really wish i knew people who played because some of the co-op scenarios look really fun

You got me at "AI is fantastic". I almost bited.
>AI doesn't have to collect ressources
>can just spam buildings
>once you get WW2, it will spam nuclear bombers
>"fantastic"
No. The only good things with Empire Earth are the houses and the hospital, they're fun to use.

The ressource cap is a pain in the ass and I never managed to play it online, it always crashed.

Rise of Legends is still a fond memory of mine, though.
Giacomo-sama, you were so beautiful.
Giacomo is love, Giacomo is life.

Not him but the full context was
>setting up a 4v4 game with AIs was fantastic
Let's not jump to the wrong conclusion here.

Having allies does not make you nuclear proof.

>firaxis is doing an event with streamers and other notable civ players on youtube on friday
>first 150 turns and they can use their own footage, instead of stock footage
>they can release their footage a few days after the event

This is how you buy good reviews. By treating streamers like speshul snowflakes.

the mounted unit movement is nice, but the city state combat bonus is really mediocre
keshiks are a nightmare though

recommend me a mod that adds more stuff that isn't just a bunch of meme civs for civ5
i tried community balance patch but i got 5 jungle starts in 5 starts and decided it's poopoo

I swear to god this is a character from Tangled. Like not just a resemblance, it actually is.

What about shishkebabs?

HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA

And he's right. I still have nightmares of that pathing. The tanks and ships turning into eachother and getting eternally stuck, the soldiers going in literally the opposite way you tell them, the cavalry spinning around in place, struggling to face the right direction so they can advance...god, no more, please.
At least the campaigns were good, I guess.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453778448

>Unique Ability: Conquest of the World
>Units have extra strength against cities during golden ages, and they are extended upon capturing a city. Gain +1 Happiness per internal trade route, increased to +2 during golden ages.

>Unique Unit: Khan
>Replaces the Great General. The birth of a Khan triggers a small Golden Age. Has five movement points and heals adjacent units for an additional 15 HP per turn.

>Unique Unit: Keshik
>Has +1 Movement point over the Knight it replaces, and unlike him the Keshik is a ranged unit. Starts with the Great Generals I and Quick study promotions, and has no penalties against cities.

I take it you never played Spore, especially the Tribe phase.

I totally aced that game and did every phase in 15 minutes max, even the civilization one, but the pathfinding often fucked me so hard in the Tribe phase that it took me 3 total wipes to win.

And many RTS have incredibly pathfinding as well.
Warlord Battlecry, Red Alert 2, even SupCom sometimes has a shitty pathfinding.

>Unique Unit: Khan

Is there an actual strategy to building wide in civ 5? I had some good games building tall, but going wide even on king difficulty I got my ass kicked

Rush settlers.

Play tall until Ideologies, then pick Autocracy and go as wide as you can.

Really depends on the map, if there are actually good settling spots you can easily go wide on king

If first time trying wide play Celts, I think their UB gives 3 happiness, will really help you. Also you can easily get religion, which will help with happiness and your choice of victory even more

Wide is fun, but I never found it very good.
Could go sacred sites with the Byzantines, though.

>cold
>hot water in my apartment has been inconsistent at best for the last 3 months
>try to have a shower to warm up
>hot water decides not to work after 20 seconds
>now I'm wet and even colder
>decide to play a game of civ
>get same turned on great library and parthenon

thanks for the advice
I tried to play America, it was going really well and I almost won a science victory, but Rome kept me focused on fighting wars for too long and Brazil grabbed a culture victory

>now I'm wet

>now I'm wet
I'll dry you up, user.

Someone was talking about Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds earlier.
I got it on GoG a few months ago, but for some reason there's only one music track that doesn't repeat. Anyone else has the same problem?

>great library and parthenon
shit wonders desu