Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4u296y/unpopular_opinion_monhun_generations_is_way_too/
youtube.com/watch?v=IFfZkGi89as
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for waifu fags are cancer

Reposting

Just got to High rank.

I'm thinking of making rathalos S for my GS set.

So the skills would be:

WE
AuM
Focus

Is there a better option for early high rank guild GS?

third for azure rathalos

Mogsharl/vespoid
Gives focus and crit draw iirc

>replace the C-nub on N3DS with the PSP stick
>quality of play increased 300%

WHY ISN'T EVERYBODY DOING THIS?!

600 hours in MH4U with that awful nub, christ I wish I'd known about this sooner

ordered some earlier in the week and they don't get here till a few more days, I can't fucking wait

did you open your 3DS up from the back or did you just cut the nub out from the front?

Thanks.

One more question, for aerial GS, will focus charge the aerial attack faster?

What's the best switch axe in the game?everyone here says Steve but I'm afraid they're memeing

>egg delivery

I don't think those are correct, or maybe charm table for gen is different? Because I got a legit artillery+6 charm (no slot) while the table says that there's no artillery skill on the left side skill.

Hellblade Glavenus, followed by White Gale Narga.
>But Hellblade doesn't have power phial
Blast outdamages it.

think people don't realize how easy it is to mod

i played 4u on n3ds as is but getting a psp stick, left analog grip, and controller grip really show how shitty the design is

i feel like the claw on psp was more comfortable for me

That'd be because they are. No one should say Seregios for anything other than progression. It doesn't match deviant axes. Both Silverwind and Hellblade are better than Seregios
What world do you live in where Hellblade lacks Power Phial? Hellblade and regular Glavenus axes are different

I just cut the nub's rings, no regrets. You can jam it back on if you don't like the PSP stick (but you will love it, holy shit).

>aerial GS

kek

It does have Pwr vial

I want to give Miss Cat a big, deep, wet adult kiss!

the guy I bought from on Amazon shipped standard USPS, I'm so pissed, I would have paid next day if I could have

earliest arrival says 26th, hoping it comes early

I use ZR/ZL to rotate the camera.

I don't have a n3DS, but I'm curious as to how one would do it. Got a guide?

Don't you have Google?

>almost killed mizutsune outside of the zone
my bad

>implying you'd still be able to close the n3ds properly

Need that bubblefoam son

I was just doing it as a key and I got 3 claws

The shell just clamps down, so it really doesn't matter. In fact I always leave these on and it doesn't make a difference and they've never left a mark. I actually doubt the psp stick would be taller than the touchpad bezel.

Fuck Glavenus, I have the same problems with Jho, trying to hit his chiken legs and then he takes two steps back and is at the other end of the room and hits you from there.

>bringing LR Armor into a fucking Silverwing fight

So how do you guys have your hunting arts set up? Using the touchscreen for them irks me.

Are you using aeriel or adept? Because if you aren't then you are doing something wrong user

Using the touch screen because I use an original 3DS

Bujabuja is fine for silver wind just don't get hit

It's the best in the game for progression and until you get the higher leveled deviant weapons.

>getting a psp stick, left analog grip, and controller grip really show how shitty the design is
No kidding.

Just google it, there's a couple videos on youtube that show you how.

It fits perfectly flush. It may even have a lower profile than the nub, even.

the sad thing is it does close properly

although if you use a grip on the left stick the top screen will be elevated a bit

It hurt

am i the only one who can operate with c stick just fine?

i only got into LBGs because i could run around and aim at the same time

I've been using SA since P3rd, and I've always felt that SA is usable in either mode, depending on what's appropriate for the situation. Both the overhead strike and the endless combo that consumes stamina are fantastic in axe mode.

Yes, sword mode is absolutely broken in Generations with guild style+demon riot+energy charge, but I don't understand why everyone acts as if that has made anything else less viable. If you can stand to play 500+ hours in guild style demon riot sword mode mashing X to do the vertical combo, then more power to you, I guess, but you're ignoring over half the weapon's moveset and all of the other styles and hunter arts.

>tfw no new3ds
>tfw don't really need one since my O3DS has been working for 5 years and I hacked it

What is your touchscreen setup, then?

I had most success with aerial SnS, bu fuck me it wasn't a pleasant time.
In 4U I brute forced Jho with IG out of frustration.

D-pad that I simply never bothered to remove, monster camera, three rows of arts for when I play Striker. Not ingame right now because I'm trying to be productive, but I think that's about right

What are the best hunting arts for SnS? Also, I'm assuming I want to use Striker, right?

It probably got worn in from 600 hours in 4U. I had shit responses in certain directions. Now it works fucking perfectly.

Both my O3DS and my N3DS have a9lh on them, the N3DS is honestly really nice, I don't know how ever played on that tiny thing, but I keep it around as a spare to let others play

>Put up Plesioth urgent on quest board and wait

>someone enters
>checks quest board
>immediately leaves

>repeat ad infinitum

is there a petition I can sign begging capcom to remove plesioth from the series

>Yukumo instead of Moga
>Nerscylla is gone
>No Dalamandur or Gogmazios

Oh well. It's still pretty cool. At least my main man Dios is still around.

Most comfortable configuration, comin' through.

Not everyone's C Stick is actually calibrated right, or even able to be, unfortunately.

>doesn't realize the framerate and literal graphics are much better on N3DS

Do we need to run around and show comparison screenies again? 4U ran much much smoother in terms of framerate, especially online and with crisper monster textures when on N3DS. I'm sure it's the same in Gen.

>dalamadur
Almost the worst fight in the entire franchise, only 1-upped by every large monster in freedom unite. Can rarely if ever hit you, and when he does, it's rng meteor spam.

GOAT touchscreen setup

Map can be brought up by holding L
Moving palico health to the bottom frees up a bit of screen space too

>new MH comes out
>play it for a couple of months
>amass anywhere from 100-300 hours
>get bored with it
>new MH gets announced
>rinse and repeat

Slow down there partner, Generations doesn't get N3DS buffs and is hard locked at 30 fps. It just barely runs any more consistent than O3DS.

>no dpad

>tfw you keep vaulting off of a monster's attacks to evade
>tfw vaulting off of glav's tail as he whiffs his circle swing underneath of you
>tfw you vault over an attack using a teammate's head, a cat, or a bomb

I know this feeling.

tracking should go on the right so you can press it with your right hand and dont need to stop moving

>transition out of the base camp at Deserted Island
>Moga Village is RIGHT THERE
>IT'S RIGHT THERE
>OPEN THEN GATE, I'M HOME

>Generations doesn't get N3DS buffs
Citation needed.

There's literally no reason not to. It's just a couple lines of code to enable less texture compression and to allow it to tap the extra hardware power to keep the frames steady.

>dpad
why on earth would you? n3dsxl master race

Lmao, plebbit thread where everyone thinks aerial style is OP.

Check out these faggots who probably didn't even leave low rank yet:
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4u296y/unpopular_opinion_monhun_generations_is_way_too/

The new base camp is bullshit. Doesn't even match anything else.

Actually play the game.

I never said anything about axe mode being less viable, it actually got some nice buffs. But even without taking into account the crazy buff synergy of demon riot (like if you're using Aerial or Adept stye) the fact that you don't have to leave sword mode means you pretty much never should.
Axe mode is decent on its own, yes. It has a couple nifty traits that sword mode doesn't have like increased range and mobility. The problem is that sword mode has plenty of range on its own and the mobility is often made irrelevant because if the monster isn't in range of an EE roll then it's much faster to just sheathe and run at the monster than take the time to switch forms and chase it down with your weapon.

If you want to play the whole game in axe mode then that's your prerogative, and hey you even just got some great buffs, but axe mode has never been favorable over sword mode given the choice and the gap has only grown wider in this game.

>caring about what Redditors think
>browsing Reddit regularly enough to even find this thread

Embarrassing.

desu I hope styles don't return and stay as a one-off thing

>aerial style being OP
>not the "free evasion +5" style

Yeah, I was super disappointed we didn't get the base camp from 3U leading into Area 2. It was so comfy.

>I'm sure it's the same in Gen.
Its not. Graphics are the same as well as framerate. Both are at 30FPS with framerate dips. N3DS just has no pop in and slighty better load times

youtube.com/watch?v=IFfZkGi89as

N3DS fags got cucked with generations

>Actually play the game.
Oh sure. Because I can play it on both machines at once.

I never said I want to play the whole game only in axe mode, you dummy. I said I prefer axe mode and use sword mode when it's appropriate.

I was only concerned about sword mode's viability because of the garbage poison phial in the otherwise decent narga swaxe, but I've already started making the Elite Switch Axe as an interim weapon until I can get the steve axe. I'll save my leftover narga parts after the armor for something else I guess, like expert jewels.

anyone?

can someone post their gs set so i can steal it

fukken this

im so mad
>4u looks glorious and plays turbo smooth on n3ds
>generations plays like clogged up garbage dump disposal
>even with lower fucking fov

A LOWER FOV FFS

LESS SHIT ON SCREEN AND IT RUNS WORSE

>I said I prefer axe mode and use sword mode when it's appropriate.
The point was that sword mode is effectively always appropriate. I encourage you to play the game however you prefer though. This is just a PvE game after all.

>Because I can play it on both machines at once.

This is sad. If you were even able to appreciate any of the graphical upgrades you are praising, you would immediately notice their complete absence from Generations.

That's fucking cancer. I know they added some effects and shit, but I'd rather it stay simpler and prettier like before

I'm fucking furious. There's NO REASON not to let me have some stronger benefits. Fuck Capcom.

>you would immediately notice their complete absence from Generations.
Says fucking who? I haven't touched MH since last year around this time. I don't remember how 4U looks. It looked better on N3DS compared to O3DS. I saw the comparisons. I appreciated the crisp shadows.

how the fuck are you supposed to reach the hunter arts other than the one on the very right

nth for how dafuq do i unlock Cenataur R and Esurient R, Already killed both hyper versions of those monsters and still cannot the armor pieces

Pumpkin + Seregios seems to be pretty popular, it gives crit draw and focus

Whats the issue? You're getting your moneys worth everytime if you play for hundreds of hours

>ay man these styles are too op

Well just fucking use Guild Style you fucking twits.

But with energy charge, you can be in sword mode ALL THE TIME, and I find sword mode to be boring and slow. I only use it for going ham on stationary targets like a knocked-down monster's head or tail. I have a much easier time evading and repositioning in axe mode, and being hit less means that I can stay within range and continue to hit it.

I'm sorry user, I'm not trying to argue. I know you're right, I know where you're coming from, I just don't find endless sword mode to be fun, though the uppercut attached to sword mode's aerial evade is fun af, sadly you can't have both energy charge and demon riot in that style.

>yfw the newest MH is N3DS/NX only and looks better than 4U

>mfw striker Lance + Absolute evasion

Fuck, can female armor sets compete with this awesomeness?
Do I have to restart the game? Oh God the pain, redoing all of that

The next MH title will be on the Xbox One and it'll look a lot like Scalebound except without half the scales

Wrong picture?

No one is denying 4U's upgrades whatsoever. Surely you can understand why it either sounds like you haven't touched the new game or are not actually able to distinguish framerates though. This is when it would be best not to rattle off a list of stats you heard somehwere like you can tell.

Males have always had cooler armor. You fell for the ruse.

>I just don't find endless sword mode to be fun
There's nothing wrong with that. Like I said, I skipped the weapon for the entire generation it came out because I played it and it was boring as hell.

FUCK
Someone pls post a similar pic of female sets so I can truly cry

whats the problem? You got hundreds of hours of fun before you got bored.

They don't even look half as good as they do in this pic buddy.

And why would you ever pick a female? Are you a crossdress or something faggot?

Good thing they added the feature to clone your save and change the gender.

>crossdressing
>gay
pick one

>Wanting to look like some swole faggot
>Not wanting to look like a qt3.14 with slutty armor

Fag

Not him, but I am.

Pretending to be a girl feels gr8.

Does Felyne Hurler affect Prowler's boomerang?

Jesus fuck, is there a save editor that can edit charms in fucking English anywhere?

>>using a save editor

Fuck off I don't have time to do a billion charm runs for a chance of something that might be tolerable