How can electric compete?

How can electric compete?

youtu.be/_pFgQW-Y21M

god drag racing is so dumb

The top level of Drag racing is 3 seconds of watching cars drive in a straight line, half of which break down

then spend 30 minutes rebuilding the engine and doing another 3s pass

ICE engines are still better for drag racing and track racing.

>god drag racing is so dumb
Spoken like the cast of Top Gear after their exotics got BTFO by errybody at the strip. Just because you have a slow car doesn't mean drag racing isn't fun.

>Spoken like the cast of Top Gear after their exotics got BTFO by errybody at the strip

Ok, let me put it for you this way:

>New thread

>how can laser weapons compete

>God, fencing is so dumb - using a sabre in a war is 3 seconds of jumping before you get shot

>spoken like the cast of Future Weapons after their military issue assault rifles got BTFO in a duel by errybody skilled in the art of fencing. Just because your rifle isn't a thin flexible piece of metal doesn't mean it isn't good in a war

>Engines with 10,000+ hp
>Cars run 300 mph
>Does 1000 ft. in 3 seconds
>Crews tear down and rebuild the engine after every run
Yep sure is dumb

3/10 made me reply

you made it sound incredibly dumb

or rather

>Just because your rifle isn't a thin flexible piece of metal doesn't mean that a foil isn't capable in combat

But there's nothing faster in a straight line than top fuel dragsters, and your comparison is shit. That'd be me coming in saying "God, weapons are so dumb". Stop being retarded user.

>But there's nothing better in a duel than a sabre

Drifting
>cars slide around a track
>whoever gets the most sideways or closest to the wall win
Freestyle
>guys jump bikes and do tricks
>who ever does the best trick wins
Circuit
>cars race around a track multiple times
>whoever happens to be in first at the end win

Everything sounds dumb if you're a asshole who doesn't respect others hobbies/passions

all of that sounds better than rebuilding an engine for 3 seconds of "driving"

All of those things are considerably more exciting to watch than drag racing

most of them require significantly more skill too

>fag racing

>found the yuropoor

Im American

I even like drag to an extent but I always found the top level shit to be stupid

Please go to one NHRA event. I bet you will have a good time.
I hated drifting and NASCAR until I watched them in person. Had the time of my life. Still can't watch them on tv but in person they are amazing

This. When they start up it sounds like gunshots. When thr actually launch, they suck all of the air around them away, the crowd will lose their breath for a second. And cameras don't do them justice, they fucking teleport away from the start line almost. You will never see more insane, purpose built vehicles.

I'd rather not be surrounded by easily amused rednecks. I visited a NASCAR when I went to florida, it was shit - sat through about 400 hours of national anthems sponsored by various companies and a ridiculous prayer, a fighter jet flyover and then basically 200 laps of cars driving slowly and then about 20 laps of cars going moderately quickly in a circle. All this while surrounded by people who had no sleeves on their shirt.

Drifting was ok, but the most exciting thing I've ever seen when out to watch motor racing is Clio Cup, Ginetta Junior, BTCC and Silverstone classic

Open wheel is also unbelievably shit and boring

I am
I watch grudge racing or test and tunes at the local strip and have a good time

I just dont see the appeal of cars that fast

>doesn't see the appeal of some of the most pure performance vehicles in the world

Did you go to a super speedway?
For me they're not nearly as fun as short tracks like Bristol or Martinsville.

I do agree open wheel is shit although some vintage F1 looks exciting

I went to Daytona

I saw some classic F1 race at Brands Hatch, the cars are beautiful but the race isn't that exciting, the drivers are too scared to go on the limit and really race eachother so all the squirrelly side by side action you see in old videos is hardly there. They do sound quite nice though and the paddock was a treat

This.
I can't stand the idea of seeing a constant parade of rare and interesting highly modified classic and historic road cars go toe to toe in a balls out race where they wheely and twist the chassis off the line. All after doing spectacular burn out.

I love watching the same 12 or so cars go around the same track for an hour and a half. I mean just look at all the celebrities that attend a formula one race!
You muggles just don't understand culture like we do in Europe.

>gasoline engines still need electricity to work
>electric motors don't need electricity to work

electricity wins again

triggered ameriburger detected

also

>american burnouts
>spectacular

pick 1

>>electric motors don't need electricity to work

Wanted to say just that

>gasoline cars are assembled by robots which work with electricity
>electric cars are assembled by robots which work with electricity
>electricity generated by burning gas

I fucked it up didn't I

>his country generates electricity by burning gas

3rd world tier

>US produces 67% of its energy with fossil fuels

the US is 3rd world-tier

LOL jokes on you
I'm an England

seconding, or thirding, this. It is quite a experience and something that you need to present at for the full effect. It is boring as hell to watch.. but being there is completely different.

>he thinks it's about the "driving"
You don't seem to understand that it's the engineering, design, regulation, and the fortitude of the teams that draws us to these specticals, in addition to the positively thunderous competition.

says the guy who thinks electric motors don't need electricity :^)

In order to appreciate top fuel drag racing you would have to be an auto enthusiast.
So it makes perfect sense that the majority of Veeky Forums posters would shitpost about it.
I can understand if it's just not somebody's thing, but you have to consider the source as well.

confirmed for having never seeing top fuel dragsters irl

This, NHRA is pretty fun, also blunts in the crowd woot woot!