/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 22th:
838 – Battle of Anzen: The Byzantine emperor Theophilos suffers a heavy defeat by the Abbasids.
1706 – The Acts of Union 1707 are agreed upon by commissioners from the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland, which, when passed by each countries' Parliaments, led to the creation of the Kingdom of Great Britain.
1812 – Napoleonic Wars: Peninsular War: Battle of Salamanca: British forces led by Arthur Wellesley (later the Duke of Wellington) defeat French troops near Salamanca, Spain.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.3 - 22/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4u4m8t/when_your_12th_century_england_becomes_21st/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

INCOMING SEVERE STEAMGROUP BUTTHURT

Reminder to pay for the games you play

Nicholas

Reminder to encourage bureaucrats and build liquor factories.

Someone post the proposed map of post WWII Germany where Germany is divided amongst it's neighbours

No, for god's sake, lad. When you release a country that has your capital as a core then you you still keep yuor capital. So I want to release England, Scotland, Wales and NI as puppets and keep London for myself as the federal capital.

The so-called "Dinner-Table Rebellion" was short, but it was hard. Bourgogne was forced to hire three separate mercenary companies, and even to fight upon the front lines herself, in order to bring her rebellious vassals to heel. Two lost battles almost cost her the war, but a fresh mercenary company and a stroke of luck--her slaying of one of the enemy generals in single combat--led to a victory which clinched the fighting, for she was able to assault Ascalon and capture the chief architect of the rebellion, Basileios II Komnenos, after his armies were no longer viable in the field.

Her treatment of the four primary rebels of the war--Basileios Komnenos, Duchesse Adelaide of Chypre, Duc Louis of Diyar Mudar, and Duc Ala'i of Antioch--varied greatly. Adelaide was her daughter-in-law and she owed much and more to Duc Louis (although she could never say so, of course), and so she let both go, and even reinstated their titles and positions on the Council. Duc Basileios, on the other hand, she ordered executed for his overwhelming involvement in the plot. Ala'i, finally, was merely kept in the dungeons for the time being.

anime

Lad I told you just use the existing London tag

TUNIS IS FREE
grossmaghrebiums inshallah

good post

For some reason, ever since I annexed Kunduz they've been getting all my colonial migration (which is few, to say the least) and it's literally impossible to encourage anything in this province. There's around 100 Persian farmers moving there each month now but they literally don't get a single life need since they're all unemployed yet not a single one of them wants to become the first bureaucrat of the province. I was kind of ignoring this until now because I wanted to have as many pops settle there as possible but this is getting kind of worrying.
Anyone knows how to stop this?

This one?

For Christ's Sake, just bless your biggest threat with Luck so you can be fucked over some more.

Not seen that one before, thanks

Get more colonies I guess
Pops don't usually choose places where there is unemployement

>North and South split
>Free Rheinland
It's beautiful

Actually pretty good solution tbqh

What game is best for making Greece great again?

(ck2 need not apply, Greece is already great)

I dont understand this event, the first choice is complete shit compared to 10 prestige and -mil

This general is now property of [s4s]. Now be nice!

Based [s4s]

I try not to bless people with luck if I can avoid it, although in an upcoming situation I will be using it to help make a conflict more difficult.

I know it seems like I'm not having a tough time of things, but that's really not the case at this point. I wish I'd taken screenshots of the battles I'd lost, because I could contextualize my levy losses better, but Jerusalem was literally on the edge of two simultaneous rebellions there for quite some time, and even now it's really only holding together due to the opinion modifier I've gained for putting down the rebellion.

If you want to open an embassy, please go through the proper political and diplomatic channels first.

>tfw started a meme and someone decided to pick it up

feels good man

>a combination of words is a meme
oh look i just made another meme haha

dude this is my favourite meme yet

hello steamgruppe member you're just jelly cause you don't have my meme skills

>meme skills
wew

Two years of quiet pass in Jerusalem as Bourgogne desperately struggles to pacify her vassals (a partial success) and to quiet the demon within her (an unmitigated failure). During this time, one of great effort on her part, her marriage with Renato rebounds somewhat, but the two lovers never again regain the happiness they had experienced in their early years, when Bourgogne was first crowned.

The gulf between them is only widened when Bourgogne receives a missive from the King of Georgia requesting a betrothal between his youngest son Mukhran, heir to the Kingdom of Ovset'i, and Bourgogne's eldest daughter, Princess Bourgogne III. Renato pushed strongly for accepting the marriage on the basis of Bourgogne's own desire to work in harmony with other Christians, but Bourgogne instead viewed the betrothal as an insult.

"The heir to the Alans?" Bourgogne almost spat. "I'm to marry my daughter, namesake of the Empress, to a boy meant to inherit the least part of the four Kingdoms? It is insanity; it is insulting. I will do no such thing. She deserves better than a child who won't even have a castle when he comes of age."

A steel-jawed Renato, grinding his teeth to keep from speaking, was forced to leave the room before he began yelling at his wife. He had long ago learned that arguing with her in such a mood was futile, and with his deepest sympathies expressed he personally sent the Georgian envoy away. Better he do it before his wife had a chance to insult him further.

someone else getting really horny when playing CK2?

why

haha le pay dents grease xdxdxd

Finally we will have a good general

I don't know about this war, I might have fucked it up
no monies to build new units

Will you make the liqourlads go away?

>le posting about other people posting your """"""memes"""""" or """"""""""""""""""""OC""""""""""""""""""""

There is nothing more cancerous or reddit than this meme, it is the one true antimeme.

wew

>future map of the uk

Who are you quoting ?

What did he mean by this?

I was quoting the spiritual content of , my dear friend.

t.reddit

Go back there please (to reddit)

t. meneth

That's not how it works. You lose Scotland and all of Ireland, then there's a decision to turn into England, which gives all British territories to England, turns all existing UK cores into English cores and tags you to England. You can't have both the UK and England at the same time.

What's wrong with liquormemeing?

what did you do that triggered meneth

I know fully well what Messalianism is, I think its weird and memey because it promotes incest, worship of Lucifer, and that you can detect God with your dick.

t. /u/BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS
Everything

Why'd HPM change the colour of British culture to red, I liked the neon pink more

>I liked the neon pink more
you're gay bro

>Everything

He didn't change the color of british culture

What "agenda" were you spreading?

#NotAllLiquors

t. steelmemer

I was promoting HPMan's mod

Posted reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4u4m8t/when_your_12th_century_england_becomes_21st/

Like I said, I know it's partly memey too. I still thought it was a better choice than Catharism because of how ascetic Cathars are, though, and because Catharism is an extremely European heresy. Bourgogne I was cynical in the extreme, and didn't believe peasants would be willing to convert to a religion even more restrictive than the one they currently followed. That's part of the reason why she favored the morally loose Messalian creed, because she felt that peasants would take to it more readily. Also, naturally, worship of Lucifer in the Messalian faith isn't equivalent to worship of Satan (although stupid HIP goes full meme and makes it as if it were).

As for incest, that was banned in the first Grand Congress. Of course it was legitimized again in the second Grand Congress, because Bourgogne II is literally an insane slut, but the original Bourgogne didn't have any intentions of keeping it.

well i got the (You)'s already so i really dont give a fuck what you spineless twats think

oh yeah and liqour guy you insolent whelp dont you ever fucking reply to me again or ill unleash hell on earth on you and your piece of shit steamgroup

goodbye fuckin bitches and thanks for the replies suckers!!!!!!!!!!

No, I want England to start as a releasable nation like SCO, WAL and IRE, then I can release all 4 and play as a federally devolved UK.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

just leave us alone and fuck off grand memer

the steel meme is dead lad

t. falseflag pro

>insolent whelp

For all of his frequent spats with his wife, Renato is not a saint himself. He married Bourgogne young, and even if the years have been harder on his wife, burdening her with stress and foul deeds, he is not wholly free from the stains of time. Although he has also grown more hale and more experienced in the arts of war in the past 15 years, Renato has also been forced to kill for Bourgogne, even in cold blood. The vassals of Jerusalem are not fond of him (not least because he has never wavered in supporting the rule of his wife, even when the two of them were on the worst of terms), and he is regarded as little more than a convenient lapdog, even by loyalists.

His unpopularity is not made easier by Bourgogne, who vacillates with her moods between understanding what her troubled reign has put him through and completely ignoring his problems. As in their early days Bourgogne can still be a lovely woman (although it has become harder for her, and thus rarer), and in those moments he is truly happy to be with her, but more oft than not she is merely a fat, cruel shrew who forces him to perform in the name of sating her lusts. In those moments, he regrets. In those moments, he almost even regrets that he loves his children too much to beg her for a divorce. The dark part of his mind wonders why she holds so strongly to this one noble cause, to never make a cuckold of him, in the face of all of the other things she's done. Why does she insist on lying only with him, when he would be happier if she just fucked someone else?

But those are the dark times. When he holds her and she sleeps quietly in his arms, he remembers that his wife is as much a slave to herself as he is to her. Every time he holds her he forgives her all over again; he knows how hard she tries, and how strongly her madness grips her.

In the end, he always remembers that he loves her. And, deep down, Bourgogne never forgets that she loves him, even in the deepest confines of her insanity.

lads
I had a dream last night that Paradox is going to release a world ending pathogen to coincide with their new black death dlc

inb4 these niggers fuck my whole war

nice post-falseflag

Damn it! Outmemed again! Well you earned those (You)'s fair and square I guess, I must concede that you are the supreme gentleman here...

>liquor meme
>steamgroup
yeah nah lad go read up more on /gsg/ culture and history before you make a fool of yourself

Then just changeowner whats so hard about it?

Then they're not my vassal, and that's >cheating

>n-word
go back to Veeky Forums

Lucifer IS Satan ya doofus
This isn't some equivilency shit, Lucifer is literally just another name for the devil, and the devil is Satan. With the knowledge that there is no Holy Trinity magic involved, if A=B and B=C then A=C and Lucifer = Satan. If they revere Lucifer as the elder brother of God then they elevate him above God.

t. steamgroupper

Then cheat again and make them your vassal
Or just write a decision to change all the core except London and release them

Take your meds ;)

t. steamgroupper

see

That's a lot of trouble to go to. If they were just releasable from start, like all the Spanish constituent parts, it wouldn't be a problem.

That's... not how it works, user. In Catholic and Orthodox scripture Lucifer and Satan are the same thing, but in Messalianism Lucifer is regarded as a benevolent force entirely separate from evil, which is embodied by a demiurge which pre-existed God's creation of all other beings. And Lucifer isn't the elder brother of God in the Messalian creed, he's the elder brother of Jesus, IE the first son of God. God is still almighty, Lucifer is just elevated above Christ (which is why he had a right to tempt him out in the desert, etc).

It would take one minute, you're just a lazy faggot desu

see

see

My question is, why are Wales, Ireland and Scotland releasable but not England?

see

see

see

Because the united kingdom IS england.

Because the UK is basically England?

I edited the CBs you were talking about in the last thread
I can declare holy wars as a messalian ruler on other christians, but normal christians can't declare holy wars on me.
Is there anything I can do to fix that?

see

you should see your own dick oh wait you cant hahaha

see

see

see