What's the point of FWD? It's honestly terrible for any aspect of performance

What's the point of FWD? It's honestly terrible for any aspect of performance.

>mfw an enormous faggot in a civic raced me
>mfw I won with my frs
>mfw he's blasting autistic weebshit Space boy

Are all civic drivers this gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What's the point of FWD?
Economy.

Your opponent thought his civic was race-worthy, it shouldn't surprise you that he's a retard.

>It's honestly terrible for any aspect of performance.
You don't say

Hey senpai, thanks for bumping my thread.

#front-wheel lives matter

lol sup,

Lower weight via compact powertrain.
More interior room/ no transmission tunnel.
Potentially good acceleration, as drivetrain weight is centered over drive wheels.
Good poor weather traction for afforementioned reason.

No argument, oversteer is far more fun than understeer and a good RWD chassis is almost always more enjoyable than a FWD.

But a well sorted FWD can still be quick and fun to drive. Civic Si, Ford ST's, original Mini, 500 Abarth, Lancia Fulvia, turbo Saab's, etc.

Civic drivers just seem shitty due to mathematics. A lot of people are retarded, Honda makes a lot of Civics and they tend to last so the used market is flooded with them.

Ergo, lots of retardeds end up in Civics, and they absorb the culture surrounding them and somehow equate their automatic w/ fartcan and power adding bumper stickers w/ well sorted tuned Civics.

Economy
Reliability

Also, FWD beats RWD in rally.
That is fact.

lighter, cheaper to manufacture, more space efficient

>less power loss from crank to wheels

you realize the civic lost because it was slower than your frs, and not because it was fwd, right?

why do they put the horses at the front of the buggy instead of at the back?

Because there's a pivot point in the centre of the vehicle and the driver has to see what the horses are doing in order to control their direction.

Why don't you hitch a trailer to the front of your car?

>you actually raced a civic driver?

Who are we supposed to be laughing at?

here's your (YOU)

AWD wins in rally. C'mon m80

>FWD beats RWD in rally

WRC is AWD and that's all that matters.

weight over drive wheels = better acceleration, better traction
simpler, lighter, cheaper, more efficient

FF has a lot of advantages for practical driving. FR is more fun and less practical, but where that's not an issue I'd go RWD every time. Difference in practicality is pretty minimal in most circumstances these days anyway.

And no, a normal civic isn't going to beat your frs because civics aren't race cars

>weight over drive wheels = better acceleration, better traction
3/10 bait

>bought an FRS

Could of bought a brz or 86

no, user, that's literally how it works

they're the same car u mong

>weight over drive wheels = better acceleration, better traction

>this is what FF cucks tell themselves

Not all cars are high performance cars? Fwd makes more sense for most vehicles.

Shhhhh it's bait

but you can reverse a trailer.

>paying an extra 2k for literally just a badge and different headlights

wew

0/10 bait

I don't even drive a FF, you're just retarded.

>Not all cars are high performance cars
neither is a frs kek

That's why 1/4 mile times are all dominated by FF cars??

fucking lol

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration
>all these FF cars

lel FF cucks are at it again

pretty sure u responded to the wrong person there cause he wasnt flaming FF, the guy he was replying to was.

FRS BRZ etc are going to become the new 240sx

>cheap
>easy to mod
,>RWD

Basically the next 240sx wannabe """drifter"""

I was being sarcastic.

[spoiler]1/4 miles times aren't dominated by FF cars[/cucks]

pretty sure that was sarcasm
No, because nobody builds performance FF cars, because they're worse in corners and let's face it who would want a performance FF? Weight over drive wheels is the optimum configuration for traction because that's basic fucking physics.

Basic physics also denotes that upon hard acceleration the weight of a car gets shifted to the rear, hence why under hard acceleration if you watch a car from the side the car lifts on the front and lowers on rear, putting the weight on the rear where the rear wheels are...

The CoM hardly moves. The difference is in load transfer which is more significant, and yeah that's why you get understeer and all the other FF shit, and why FF don't have the fastest 1/4 mile times.

FF is more practical in 99% of circumstances, because how often does your shitbox race quarter miles against ferraris?

Yeah, but imagine how hard it's going to be to find an unmolested one with a clean title in 10 years. The two main things that kept me away from the cars as a buyer were the price for what you get in terms of performance, and the fact that they were being snatched up by 20 year olds that think it's a legit fast sports car and are going to noon then to death and dump the clutch at every 5th stoplight.

I'll keep an eye out for them in a few years time though, I would like to pick one up for 5k then mod it to the tits.

Really?

Because my Fiesta ST will beat you from a stop, from a roll, through a corner, in a straight line, and around a track.

But hey, FWD memes right?

>Buying a new car with cloth seats

>cantstandsya.jpg

And it will beat it by looking like an egg too

Focus is the only good looking non mustang offering by ford

> fiesta

You used to call me on my cell phone.

>It's honestly terrible for any aspect of performance

Depends on the application. Something like a Fiesta / Focus ST or a Honda Integra Type R will destroy almost anything on a very tight and twisty single track road, but on a fast circuit they would be disadvantaged.

So all it takes for a car to be a sports car is to go fast, right?Your cr will get obliterated by whatever Chrysler id deciding to stuff the hellcar engine into too.

I would pick the shittiest, least powerfill, most hideous looking car before a fwd car because otherwise I might aswell get an automatic because "it's way changes gears in less than a second so it's faster".

I hate my keyboard

>FWD babies actually believe this

Economy, packaging, and cost.

For normal cars, it makes sense. Driving normally, you will never notice any difference. If you want a cheap car to get from A to B and not much else it is hard to argue the advantage of RWD / AWD.

>fiesta
>literally the cuck-car

It's tiny, 4 doors, fwd. It's the car for a guy who's woman says "WE HAVE TO GET SOMETHING SENSIBLE" and the cuck just thing "m-muh st.." And pretends it's a performance car.

An ancient sc thunderbird will ravage that shitbox. The focus and fiesta are the civics of europe

FWD is fine for performance , don't let the Jalopnik teenagers get you down.
If you're old enough to be here then it's already too late for you to really reach the level where that shit actually matters

You've done your homework.

Maybe for some people? I don't know, almost no one has them in my area so it's tough to form a pool of data for even a baseline judgement. I bought it because it was really similar to my old ZX3 in both weight and size and I loved that car. I don't have a female counterpart to argue car stuff with, though I kind of wish I did.

Agreed, I'm actuslly not a fan of any of the modern ford designs, but I very obviously don't pick a car for its looks. If the focus redesign from 2008 wasn't so big and didn't have such a wide turning radius, I would have gotten the focus st instead.

I never claimed the fiesta st was a sports car, it's just an average hot hatch. Here's the thing, people call the toyobarus entry level sports cars, but where does that put them on a scale of driver success if they get BTFO by a mid level hot hatch? Let's not forget this entire thread was about some fags measuring their dicks.

>I won in my frs

doubt it

Erik Carlsson begs to differ

I tried finding one last year but most wanted 25k+ for a really beat to hell or molested one,

>buys FRS
>complains about other slow ass cars
Come on user