/owg/ - Overwatch General

mercy edition

old >Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10810398
overwatch.tumblr.com/post/147811998336/smolqrow-okay-so-i-just-attended-the-overwatch
steamcommunity.com/id/benzosexual/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hana song

best girl

hana is a SLUT

>worst skin

So why doesn't Blackhardt/Bloodhardt have an alternate ultimate line? He's got an axe, not a hammer!

>Ana shitters arguing she is good.
Fuck right off.

Post reaper

why do lesbians ruin literally everything?

>Ever scoping in as Ana
Don't do this.

>leading a projectile that takes travel time when you can just click on somebody and heal them immediately

Who /cheeky rockets/ here?

tell me how she isn't

"I played with someone who couldn't aim" isn't an argument

Now that the game has been out for a couple months what do you guys think are the best designed maps?

strawpoll.me/10810398

strawpoll.me/10810398

strawpoll.me/10810398

strawpoll.me/10810398

strawpoll.me/10810398

you can choose multiple maps

Holy shit D.va is a monster now!

>get queued with a 5 man stack
>one of them picks widow on attack then leaves right as the round ends
>never comes back
>his 4 buddies gang up blaming me for our loss despite the fact i had gold objective time and silver damage

I fucking hate playing with groups on my team.

to whoever told me about render distance yesterday

i love you

So who's next on the nerf chopping block, and why is it gengi

she dies super quick to anything, her ultimate takes forever to load. I mean compared to Zeny and Lucio why play her anymore? She can Fly? Woohoo

>wanting travel team when you can just click on teammates

do you even heal

>NERF THIS
>put up my shield
>my team gets behind me
>hammer the fuck out D.va while she is getting into her mecha
>get a massive boner

Anyone else experiencing this?

>it's a shipping thread
you know, when Overwatch is like playing with actionfigures
then I guess we just smash our dolls together when we ship them

Is anybody else fine with how mccree is right now?

All shippers should be killed.

it never ceases to boggle my mind why people do not stay at the very least NEAR the point on any kind of koth and instead go to the enemy spawn. THEY WILL COME TO YOU. YOU WILL NOT WIN A 1V6. STAND ON THE DAMN POINT.

I haven't played in a while. What were Mercy's nerfs?

>tfw only getting matched with players 100+ levels above me now
I still manage to win games but everyone is so GOOD

pls help I just want to be able to be a shitter again

>guy who doesnt even know how to use lucios healing
>a drunk redneck on mic
>a literal drooling retard also on mic
>leavers every 3rd match
>people who think if they group up with team their fucking mother might die irl
>hanzo mains all day erry day

this is the kind of low iq creatures that i keep getting stuck with in competitve. please jesus, why am i in hell?

Resurrection now takes 30% more to charge

what about render distance?

>NA

>hopped on the d.va meme train
>do well
>one game zarya is on the opponents team
>my team keeps shooting her shields
>tfw trying to matrix an opponent and she comes out of nowhere with that fuckhuge lazer

mama mia thats a spicy meatball

>triggered

>competitive player

Seriously game mode selection for QP when.

Blizzard are so fucking lazy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was D.va. Good luck using any offensive ult with her on the enemy team.
It'd be kind of a shame cos she's fun as hell to play now, the shitty/situational damage feels justified.

>mfw flanking the unaware players

overwatch.tumblr.com/post/147811998336/smolqrow-okay-so-i-just-attended-the-overwatch
New info? Ish.

>2011+10/2
>implying I will not instaleave a match if it has a junkrat on the enemy teams on tight payload maps

Worst fucking hero design.

lowering it helps my fps so much

Also more symmetrical maps/modes, I'm kind of sick of draws and timebank bullshit

I did it boys. I made it from my initial ranking of 49 to rank 60. It's possible to escape the trench.

Based CoD man of carrying his family like a true american

"Okay, so I just attended the Overwatch Panel at SDCC about Ana, with Kim Phan, Michael Chu, Arnold Tsang, and James Waugh, and I’ve collected some new or confirmed information. I’m on mobile so the format is a little wonky.
Ana-Ana was considered to be the best sniper in the world before Widowmaker took out her dominant eye. Now, Ana uses her non-dominant eye for the scope of her sniper rifle.-She was Jack Morrison’s second in command while he was in charge of Overwatch. Despite this, she never wanted to leave the front line, even though she was always pained by each life she took.-After her eye was taken, she decided to run due to the moral weight of all of the people she had killed.-When creating her character, developers drew inspiration from older women who were snipers, as well as women who wear hijabs.-Ana does wear a hijab-Despite the fact that it is possible for her eye to be replaced, she refuses to do so because the scar means something to her.-The reason that her biotic rifle (Image 2) inflicts damage on enemies but heals team mates could be explained in two ways. 1) Her allies are injected with a chemical that reacts with the medicine in her biotic rifle, allowing it to heal them, or 2) she has different rounds she switches between.
Another few details came up about this image (Image 3) from Ana’s origin short-The photo was taken 20 years from when the game takes place, making both Mercy and McCree are 17, Torbjörn 37, Ana 40, Reinhardt 41, Jack about 35, Reyes about 36, and Pharah about 12 or 13(they said early teens, but this is the conclusion based on the given timeline).-McCree had newly joined Blackwatch when the picture was taken.-Despite speculation, the man in the bottom left corner is NOT Liao, a founding member of Overwatch."
Ana confirmed as a Muslim. Neat.

nerfing her shield by 1 second of up time and maybe increasing her ult cost back to the way it was (specifically outside of mec) would probably put her in an alright state. But you're right as it stands right now she's able to gobble up every single enemy ult and most regular damage with no downsides. At least reinhardt has to manage shield health.

I don't get why zarya has a 200hp shield that last 2 seconds and D.va gets an infinite hp shield that lasts 4 seconds on toggle. Shit is busted as fuck.

A little slap on the wrist (30% more ult charge) but they buffed her in other areas so it doesn't matter.

I chose one of every game mode.

She was always good.

Probably McCree again.

"""nerf"" is rather inaccurate.

It's more of a rework.

Resurrection takes longer to charge, but now it can also charge on your self heals. Hitboxes were reworked so that they don't favor her pistol too generously. She can resurrect while moving.

Personally, same here too. People complain too much, but it's the internet, it festers hostility.

The reason I play Zarya more often than I should: people are idiots and will shoot both me and my allies with the shields up. This has only gotten worse recently, I've gotten power overwhelming by accident.

Also, they say they've deprioritized Zarya's "shields applied" card but I keep getting it so I keep getting commended when no support has a card on our team.

Ana's sniper needs a slight damage increase. She's a decent character but having to shoot somebody 3 times with a BOLT ACTION sniper to kill them is straight up stupid in most situations especially when Genji or Tracers are involved.

Ayyyy is it time to trigger some autists already?

I started at rank 43, dropped down to 35 the next day, and weeks later I'm now at 47, and climbing a bit. Feelsgoodman, it's probably down to actually just improving at the game

She is shooting darts into people. Not bullets.

Make mercy great again

steamcommunity.com/id/benzosexual/

Im looking for friends to play overwatch with me~
My btag is on my profile :3c

They still didnt answer if Morrison was promoted due to racial bigotry tho.

Shoot your team instead you fuck

>Shooting Roadhog in the head as he does a perfect 180 and hooks me as Soldier
>Immediately black a helix rocket into his head to kill him
>"You didn't make the cut".

Fuck you guys I'm a proud soldier

Goddamn I love Reaper.

>Mercy 17, Torbjörn 37

Do you think she calls him daddy when he's giving her the meat hammer?

Why did they nerf Soldier's burst fire? It feels so much worse now

you finally took off your trip you autistic faggot?
Did too many people filter you?

it's almost like she's not meant to deal a lot of damage to enemies or something...

Because shitters were using macros instead of gitting gud

Because Zarya's shield blocks everything while D.Va still get's fucked by beam weapons, and she does have to manage her matrix since you have very little uptime compared to Reinhardt who can just stand and facetank with his shield up while his teammates do their stuff.
I'm pretty happy overall with her, it made her both a more defensive AND aggressive character without touching her shite damage.

"After all of the details on Ana and her release, some other general or character specific information came from the Q&A session:-Get excited because there WILL be more animated shorts
-More comics will be released over time.
-A lot of story that has been released so far seems like exposition (and it is, there is a lot to set up), but it will eventually all be resolved. It is simply a matter of time.
-The game itself is not canon in the Overwatch universe, allowing characters who are enemies to work on the same team. Their exchanges are what may have happened if they were in a situation where they had to work together.
-Many facts are common knowledge to developers and characters in the game, but the right time to release the information to players hasn’t come yet. Examples of this are McCree’s recruitment by Reyes, early escapades of Blackwatch (a comic of this is ready for release, it is just a matter of time), Pharah’s father, and how McCree lost his arm.
-Mercy is NOT an evil immortal.
-Symmetra’s arm IS a prosthetic.
-Each character’s prosthetic limbs are meant to show or represent something about the character or their personality. Characters with prosthetics are Torbjörn, McCree, Symmetra, Gengi, and Junkrat.
-Hanzo has “delicate ankles”. The developers joked that he should train with Zarya to beef them up.
-The character of Lúcio was inspired by the bard class in other games.
-Multiplayer is Blizzard’s main focus right now, but mission or story specific missions are a thought. Nothing about this is confirmed, but it is in the developer’s minds and a future possibility.
-The graphic novel, Overwatch: First Strike, is about the beginning and dark days of The Omnic Crisis as well as the founding of Overwatch and will be available in November 2016 digitally. A deluxe physical version will be available in April of 2017."

In case you hate tiny ass fonts like I do.

>Ana does wear a hijab
So then why does her hair still show and why did she not have anything covering her hair at all as Captain Amari

Also what the hell is Mercy doing there? Didn't Overwatch notice her because of her experimental medicine? Why would she be there at age 17 having not gone to med school yet?

Me. What skin are you using there?

NIGGERED!

Great, another useless Ana main or Pharah main who expects me to pocket them like Shayed.

I simply do not understand what goes through the minds of people like you. The sheer autism is blinding and you fucks are always German or some shit.

>defiling pure Japanese robot lips with britbong caries and smelly spit
Genji is a ninja, he is NOT for shipping you faggot fuck

Why is Tracey so cute? Truly a miracle of the universe

>wears a hijab
>doesn't actually cover any hair
????

>get places at 45 when ranked gets released
>fall to 41 because literally everyone is playing and teams are super unbalanced
>decide to grind it out
>climb up to 52 over several days, my winrate goes up to 60%
>decide Sunday to start grinding for rank 60
>lose every single game until I fall to rank 47
>climb back up to 52
>lose every single game until I fall to rank 47
>climb back to rank 50
>lose every single game until I fall to rank 45
>winrate is now 47%

Alright, well, I'm never solo queueing again. The past few days have been so fucking bad it's unbelievable, game after game of teams who couldn't maintain a positive k:d if their life depended on it. Level 30 players instalocking Genji and then having autism fits when you tell them to switch, holy shit I've played Dota for years and I've never seen matchmaking this bad

>Ana is a Muslim and wears hijab
I have questions about this. Why now, but not when she was younger? Plenty of women wear hijab during war fighting, there's no reason for her not wearing one when she was younger.

PLEASE ADD ME

Schemer

What is Soldiers best skin? Bone?

Source?

Yep it's gonna be a good day

eu or us

Maybe she got more religious with age? Sought comfort and whatnot to ease her mind, since all the killing's hard on her.

did this earlier

>so then why does her hair still show

It's a different style

>why did she not have anything covering her hair as Captain Amari

Because she was an operator. She's not part of Overwatch anymore and wearing a uniform makes you stick out.

It just works, okay?

Stuntman 76.

The default's pretty decent too.

>Characters with prosthetics are Torbjörn, McCree, Symmetra, Gengi, and Junkrat
>Not Pharah

Well, that's that settled.

>dyke looking brit
>cute

commando or night ops
'murica

you need to give ur number u ding dong

Obviously converted after her run in with Widow, the main question is if it is a hijab then why is she wearing incorrectly.

It's a bad idea to play anything but QP in soloqueue after the patch.

It's shit as well, but at least you don't lose ranks. Comp is pretty cancerous right now as well because of all the retards picking Ana and Zenyatta for no good reason.

She's obviously not a very devout muslim. She probably just wanted to dress more modestly as an old lady.

>tfw it won't stop the art with prosthetics

I have a fucking weird need to spread my seed on qt arab chicks for no fucking reason. Goddamit Ana and Pharah.

We share this game with them.

Ana is retarded. A good Zenyatta can melt tanks.

>Ana is a Muslim and wears hijab
Don't think so, concretely because of the tattoo.

None of them look like that so you'll have a hard time.