Purists fucking disgust me

Engine swaps. I don't even like american v8's, but you know what, i don't give a fuck if some cunt ls swaps a old muscle car, or a japanese car, if it's a performance gain.

>It's his fucking car, not your car you fucking purist autist
>He's well aware it shits on resale value, he still has the right to do it
>Performance is what matters more than you giving a fuck about it still having a "jayyydeeemmm" engine.

So while i personally prefer supra with a inline 6, i would not give a FUCK if some cunt did the 1uz or ls swap, because at the upper end of performance those engines are just better. It's their car and if they want to max out performance, it's not my place or your fucking autistic place to care.

The same thing applies to some cunt reviving some old classic car. Yes, it shits on the resale value, but again it's his fucking car and a ls swap (or anything else he wants) is going to be better than the old crappy engine.

I've seen cunts on here arguing about this over the last few days and i just want to put it to bed.

You're a fucking autist if you care what someone else does with their car. You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is, an opinion. Remember that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VNpgWXihmhA
youtube.com/watch?v=NBF5HcXsiI4).
youtube.com/watch?v=EUhz2MjT1fE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>So while i personally prefer supra with a inline 6, i would not give a FUCK if some cunt did the 1uz or ls swap, because at the upper end of performance those engines are just better
'No'

On most cars who cares.

But there are a handful of cars that are iconic because of the engine they have. And when you swap one of those it's sort of a case of 'why'.

Your making performance better but your buying a piece of car history and walking all over its dick. If you ecoboost swapped an original GT40 people would lose they're minds even though it would be better.

Same reason I think it's dumb to swap rotaries. The novelty of those cars is the engine, swap that out and you just have a 90s v8 swapped jap car.

He's right actually.
The problem is cost. The 2jz makes good power up until a point, cheap.
It has it's limitations and people choose to put the toyota v8 or go full ls swap when they want to make power above 1500 without it grenading.

>Muh 2jz is invincible meme

Fuck off, real life is not fast and furious. The block is strong, not invincible.
Also, same thing applies with skylines as well, because...

>The rb26 makes good power until about 1500, where the block begins to fail
>Oiling issues

Furthermore, both the supra and the skyline benefit from a v8 due to the following

>Engine is placed further back and lower down, resulting in better weight distribution behind the front axle and lower center of gravity
>Increased low end torque

So yea OP, i understand how purists piss you off, because i'm pissed off at seeing these memelords think the 2jz is invincible.
It's a great engine, but it is not the end all be all.

>implying anyone here will respect other user's opinions

This Veeky Forums buddy. We'll shit over anything and everything over something.

Facts? What are those? They don't fucking matter anyways.

OP here, i understand that, but my whole point was it's not their car.

They can lose their minds but if they care that much, they can buy one themselves and keep it stock.

Some people are after performance and it's their choice. Getting wrapped up so much in what someone else does when it's performance orientated is just cringe.

It's not like a ricer and their shit spoiler, there is an actual performance car to these swaps. They are making it better.

>performance benefit

sorry, i'm tired

>Not an autist
NOT ONE OF US
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Cambodian Caricature board
>opinion
>wants it to be taken seriously

You forgot to mention the v10 swaps that often get done (and the one v12 swap which is pure legend).

Good points however, all valid.

Most people don't understand that engine swaps do more than just raw power. There's handling and power band to look at as well.

>>The rb26 makes good power until about 1500, where the block begins to fail
Yeah idk where you're gettingyour information but that's wrong by about 900hp, and it's the Pistons that grenade

Rest of your bullshit post discarded

Congratulations on reaching another step of maturinty called "minding your own fucking business".

lf someone is tarnishing a historic relic then it's okay to frown upon it but otherwise it is indeed anyones own business what they do with their belongings.

Please, link me to a rb26 putting out 2400hp without having a treated block.

Again, great engine but it's not some invincible god engine.

>Implying a rb26 block is capable of 2400hp stock.

Ohboy

Thanks mate and yea. I don't personally approve of all the supra engine swaps, but i understand why they do it.

There are huge benefits to it.

Also, pissing myself at the guy thinking a stock rb26 is only going to have pistons failing at 2400hp.
You 2 getting baited

>no new walls
>can handle more than 1000hp

you know fast and furious isn't real right?

What if he meant 600?

Yeah ultimately "it's not yours" is the trump card.

But I'm really not a fan of certain swaps.
>V8 into classic non V8 car
Ex. LS3 Datsun. Completely alters the character of a classic car.

>non rotary into rotary
>notable exception RX8
Why would you swap a LS into an FD? Sure it's better, but the rotary is what makes it interesting? Except the RX8 because that engine shit.

>Meme swaps
Ex. Swapping a v8 into a car that would have been faster with the original engine + v8 swap worth of money. Think ls3 s2000 v boosted s2000

>collector car swaps
Thanks for trashing a piece of history with your half cocked swap Cletus.

>Why would you swap a LS into an FD?

because you'd rather have a reliable powerplant than something that overheats and runs like a two stroke

Well, it's actually good for above a thousand, same with the crank...other shit will need replacing of course.

But i've only ever seen one or 2 go above 1500.

They can get to 2400, but they require some extreme building at that point. It's no longer a stock block.

The stock rb block is good for way beyond 600 though. Either way he has no fucking clue.

It's GREAT, but just not 2400hp great.

I'm also not a fan of engine swaps, the supra ones are what triggered me to make this thread.

But there's a reason they're popular and it's as that other bloke above mentioned.

Low end torque of a v8 + better weight distribution and center of gravity, PLUS reliable big power.

I understand why they do it.

Well sure but then why would you buy an FD?

The only reason that car is interesting is the rotary? If you want a v8 two door car there's better choices desu.

OP was referring to an example like the rb26.

Great engine and not worth swapping until around 1200-1500hp.

After that, you're going to need either a stupid amount of work, or the smarter option is to shove a better engine in that can go even higher.

You ain't about to meme on me senpai

It's decent Chassis, it basically turns the car into an all metal C5 after a V8 swap.

Honestly, I'd go with the 240/180/S14 and do an LS Swap in one of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNpgWXihmhA

Yea, well those kind of swaps are stupid.

But when the swap does increase performance, like the upper end supra/skyline swaps, you can't really talk shit.

Yea, it's not original JDM but it's still going to rape the living shit out of you in a race. And perform better than before.

So OP how does this make you feel then?

I want his fogs and indicators to complete my RS2 bumper

Still better than RWB shit.

Depends if it outperforms.

If it does, no-one has any right to talk shit.

Engine swap is easy mode + cheating. Get power out of what's in the car, you lazy fuck. Or better yet, learn to drive first.

It only bothers me when someone does it to a rotary. And only because that rotary was half the character of the car in the first place, so why would you bother doing it?

Yes, I know rotaries suck in a lot of ways, but they do have a distinctive character about them. Far more so than any actual car they've been mounted in does on its own.

And it doesn't bother me in the sense of "You've ruined it! Sacrelige!" It's more like "if you wanted a V8, why'd you bother buying an RX-7 in the first place? Dumbass."

My issue with ls swaps is not ruining the car itself, i could give a fuck about the 'purist' thing, but that fact that it isn't an interesting swap anymore. Essentially to me, when ls swapping, you've just made a rebodied Camaro. Now your 240sx is much less interesting. I mean it's your car so still do as your please but I personally hate ls swaps, takes cool cars and makes a vanilla power plant.

One thing I do enjoy is swaps in the same family tho. Like 1uz In an old toyota, it's almost like a little "what if" idea

Yea, but when you throw a great engine into a great handling car it's a pretty good combination. Some cars are made to handle better by putting the engine in too.

Are you dumb? Engines have limits, you can't build every engine past 1000hp no matter how much forged shit you throw in it.

Sometimes it's better to swap.

Depends with the rotaries. In the UK at least RX8s are stupidly cheap because of the engine + associated faults, and they look good.

Makes sense to get a cheap one and put a better engine in it, then you get a nice looking car that drives well with a fundamentally better engine than it had before.

I'm more annoyed by the FR conversion than the choice of engine.

The 911's unique appeal is its engine placement. And you CAN fit even an LS7 in the back (youtube.com/watch?v=NBF5HcXsiI4). So why go through way more trouble and expense to rebuilt the body to accommodate this? And then why put those stupid smiley faces on it?

I suppose, given the look of it, it's mainly meant as an attention-getter at car shows because it's just such a fucking bonkers mod job. But that's part of its problem to me. It's not to make it better: it's just to attract attention to itself.

How does this make you feel, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=EUhz2MjT1fE

RX8 is exception tho.

I said that in a later post

>Hurts resale value

Just crate up the original engine and other parts you swapped, then sell it with the car (if you choose to sell it)

If the buyer knows you've been fucking around with the car, the resale value is hurt. It doesn't matter that you're giving them all the shit you ripped out in a box.

all of these armchair engineers in this thread

nobody here knows how to build a 500 hp RB or JZ let alone a 1500 hp one

how many 1500 hp RB/JZ cars are out there, anyway?

You two have outstanding reading comprehension

>it's the Pistons that fail

uhh...so why were you talking shit to the original guy?

his entire fucking point was that the 2j/rb are not god engines and require being built to make power AND can't make them past a point.

>1uz
>better than a 2jz
Fucking kek.

>fiero with bodykit

Yes, actually. For the reasons already stated in this thread.

If you're going to be a fast and furious meme faggot with zero understanding of how there's much more to an engine than power, fuck off.

Making power is easy. Making reliable, responsive and well balanced power is harder.

>uhh...so why were you talking shit to the original guy?
See
>>The rb26 makes good power until about 1500, where the block begins to fail

Bunch of mouth breathers