Tires/Tyres

Veeky Forums talks a lot about metal (sometimes plastic), but very rarely about rubber

What is your favorite brand of tire? Do you use snow and summer tires? All year tires? Tire use recommendations? Anything tire related.

Never driven anything better in the wet than Vredestein

Pirelli & Metzeler masterrace.

Dunlopfags pls go.

i have used;
goodyear eagle
uniroyal
and contisport with good experiences so far

I've always used Michelin year rounds. They work and that's about it.

I'm running all-seasons but the BFG Sport Comp-2 A/S have served me well so far.

Michelin CrossClimates are my current favourite, work well in all weather conditions including the snow and are £68 per tyre for my E46.

Had Vredestein Quatrac 3s before, they were good also.

I work at a tire shop, I've got Continentals on everything except for one car that has nittos on it and one truck that has cheap Hankook

I'm running a set of Goodyear Effecient Grip Compact's at the moment and I have no complaints. More grip than I've got the balls to try and overcome in a Suzuki Swift (Geo Metro). OP's post number is relevant as they cost £33.33 each in the UK.

I'm gonna stick four retread tires on my truck cause >lol$110each
Pic related

Oops failed greentext.
>lol$110each

I use winter tires and all terrains (bf goodrich KO2) on my truck. On the car we use low rolling resistance all season touring tires and winter tires.

Living in the Upper Midwestern USA it makes sense to keep winter rubber. All season tires really are more built for three saesons and don't perform well on ice or in loose snow. They're good enough for salted and plowed roads, but people off the main roads outside of urban centers get stuck at home.

It only costs more for the initial setup of two sets. Once you have the rims and the extra tires the reduced wear on each set means you're only going to buy replacements as often as you would with a single set.

My car sits on expensive ass michelins during the summer and regular continental all seasons in the winter.

Anyone who doesn't run summer tires has a slow ass car.

Yokohama is king

>dat warranty

>buying tires with a warranty
do you drive an automatic fwd too?

Running Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on mine, easily the best tyres I've had compared to Bridgestone RE002s, Pirelli P7s, Pirelli P1 Cinturatos and a random assortment of other Pirellis. Going to aim for Super Sports next. Only issues with the PS3s are that they seem really soft and will need replacing quick (as expected with a very cheap grippy tyre).

Couldn't be more wrong. Manual 4x4

nitto open country m/t

Anybody ever use nitto nt555?

>Not putting Mickey Thompsons on your dadrod
>Not putting Mickey Thompsons on everything

the car came with falkens and itd be a waste to replace them.
Also that feel when limited tire options cause of rim size...

Goodyear is love. Goodyear is life.

Now I know a lot of people dislike Goodyear, but I grew up in Naugatuck, Connecticut, which impacts my view significantly. Charles Goodyear invented the process of vulcanization, which makes the production of tires possible, in Naugatuck.
Hell, the town's main thoroughfare to this day is a street known as Rubber Ave.

For decades, the town was home to Uniroyal (prior to them being bought out by Michelin) and the Naugatuck Chemical Company, which produced specific chemicals used for making tires, and, eventually, fiberglass car bodies.
The specific chemicals made by the Naugatuck chemical company made production fiberglass bodies for cars possible and had a role (however small) in inspiring Harley Earl to create the Chevrolet Corvette.

>cooper cobras for $94 ea
>getting shit ass retreads

>Live in California

So I will never see snow, ever. I'm fine to run max summer tires should I choose? I have no idea how temperature will affect them though, I generally see temps go as low as 40 to as high as 80

I appreciated this blogpost because it obviously means a lot to you. Have a nice day.

I'm running BFG super sport a/s, they have the best grip I've ever gotten from an all season but ride harsh as fuck and are hilariously noisy. still like em though

Everytime there's been a thread like this and I say I like goodyear, 4chins always has to ask why, so I figured I'd head the question off before it was asked.

I run Bridgestone Duelers

Used to be a BFG guy religiously, till they changed the compound to something soft and I got less than 30k out of them.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. For an all season tire they have been good for the occasional hoon and have excellent wet traction.
>Generally you cant go wrong with Michelin

P zeros

Expensive
Noisy
My fucking god do they grip you to the road though.
Amazing in the wet as well.

I have these.

>mickey thompson

May aswell ask fred flinstone on a quote for some of dem rock tyres

Eh, they sell more off road tires than anything, other than the price they seem to be pretty good.

Depends where you live. I am in the Scottish highlands where it rains pretty much all the time, so buying a set of summer tyres for the sunny, warm, dry 2 weeks of the year is fairly pointless for me.

All seasons give good performance in the wet, and you are prepared for snow coming at pretty much any time of the year.

However if I lived in some sunny US state, I would absolutely get summer tyres.

Nexen any good for fuel and noise?

Toyo T1r currently, going to get some eagle f1's after

>all year tires
All the downsides for none of the upside

This board is so painfully retarded

Depends what car you're running and where you live,why put performance tyres on a shittbox when it rains all the time?

Nito 555r master race, 305/35/18 reporting in.

>Favourite Brand
Michelin

>snow or summer, or all year
Pilot Super Sports all year round (because the peak of cold here is like 10º C)

>Tyre reccomendations
Pilot Super Sports. or Pilot Sport 4 (if you cant fit PSS)

>Anyone who doesn't run summer tires has a slow ass car.

I don't think I can even by summer only tyres for my shitbox.

Michelin

Pilot Sport 3
Pilot Super Sport
Pilot Sport 4

AWESOME

man, you sound like itsuki

Link for tires?

Any recommendations for a 350z? Looking at falken or hankook but open to suggestions

Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Only until Hankook makes a Y+ tire in the size I need.

>Favorite Brand
Don't really have one. I like Michelin, Bridgestone, BFGoodrich, Dunlop and a couple others.

>snow or summer, or all year
Michelin Pilot Super Sports all year round.

>Tire recommendations
Pilot Super Sports for daily use or RE-71R, g-force Rival S, and Direzza ZII for weekend fun.

Hey! I have those sitting in my garage till my 295/35/18 nt05s wear. Have you used them? What car are they going on

I'm currently running Cooper Discoverer tires on my F-150. They're incredibly solid A/T tires.

It really all comes down to what car they are going on and the usage. OP what do you drive? Is it rainy? Do you prefer longer lasting or better handling. On my last car I had continental extreme contact dw. Enjoyed those for an everyday tire on a 340whp car. Being in sunny CA helps as here I can run summer tire all year no issues. Trying out nittos for my rears on new car.

My shitbox has the cheapest shit tyres on them. I ain't paying for good rubber just to burn it up commuting

I disliked eagle f1s on a performance vehicle. Overpriced for how they were.

Why, yes actually with a CVT too! Boy you probably wish I was broke, but you busfags are probably going to be butthurt about my luxury car and my gas mileage at the same time cucks

Hahaha dunlops are shit they feel like you have a contact patch made of wood.

>Summer tires
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, quiet, long lasting, very good in wet weather conditons.

>Winter tires
Continental ContiIceContact 2, Good, safe tyres. and long lasting as well.

AD08 Master race but onlt the Master for 1500km's

kenda because they're soft and cheap

Just threw these westlake sv308's on my sc400. Not bad at all especially compared to my winter tires.

>even the stock picture has shitty production quality

Goodyear eagle ls2's
Not bad in the dry but holy hell they wear fast.

>summer
Toyo Proxes T1R.
Decent tire, very nicely priced. Very good dry grip, acceptable wet grip, but high rolling resistance (like I give a fuck) and noisy

>winter
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7
Best studded tire on the market when they first came, and I have never been disappointed or felt uncertain with them

07 mustang GT, about to SC and wanted to put something wider on. they are 10/10 but i dont dare to WAT wet.

I just got some Bfg Ko2 and I like em so far

Avon, because they seem to work fine when they come on the car from the dealership.
All-seasons all year round. I don't deal with ice/snow/bone-dry hot roads often enough to justify special tires for them, and it rarely goes a month without raining.

> Tire use recommendations
Tires go on the bottom of the car.
The side with the tires on should always be touching the road. If it's not, you're in trouble.
Holes are bad. They let the air out!

>Anyone who doesn't run summer tires has a slow ass car.

Or has wet-ass summers. 'Summer' tires just can't shift enough water to be viable.

any brits here?
How good is blackcircles.com?
Shall I just go straight to a garage and cut out the middle man?

You don't need "performance" tyres, there are blatant obvious advantages to having even average summer + winter tyres instead of all season tyres.

For example
>less fuel use in summer
>better grip in summer
>better grip in winter

To name just two of the most important ones.

Put fucking Hankook summers on them, fuck. They're like $80 a tyre and totally decent nowadays.

Hankook RS3 for EVO V and Miata.
RE003 for E24 635 and the Volvo.
Had AD08Rs previously.

General and Continental for my shitbox tires. I'm a $100/tire guy.

Goodyear Eagle Sport all seasons and some blizzaks for the winter.

Not a bad combo at all, at least in CO.

When God made winter tires he asked the Finns. They made Nokians.

oem size and model, and call it day

I run studded retreads on my shitbox.

It werks.

>all season tires

What the hell is this? Where I live there are 3 types of tires: summer, winter and studded winter tires.

Cheap low grip tires are fun. They let you go sideways in the rain pretty easily and dont wear down quickly.

>but muh grippy racekar rubbers

Even the 86/brz uses shit tires because FUN

All of you running PSS, how do you find the wear? I feel like my PS3s wear ridiculously quickly. I push them to their limits all the time though and drive them at their limits on a weekly basis. Will PSS just provide more grip or can they last longer as well? I'm the first linked poster.

bf goodrich advantage t/as per recc from my dad.. Pretty decent, nothing special tho

Mickey Thompson.

They use shit tires because they have no torques. You put a decent tire on them and suddenly they become less fun and you realize its way underwhelming

just put bridgestone re760's on. Maybe they need to break in a little more, but so far I'm not that impressed.

it's a michelin sports tyre.

it wears faster than almost any other tyre, because it also provides with the most grip

that just means the 86 is a shit car m8