Im hoping I can talk him down to 4500 btw obvs

Floor looks dirty but otherwise interior seems good

S70/V70 T5 or V70R
/thread

Im not in Europe bud Im in Kentucky and Im on a budget

Depends on the year...

Shit. S70/V70>all new volvos.

And 1st gen C70 >>> S70/V70

On a budget? Skip it. You'll be knee deep in repair costs.

Source: Volvo Master Tech

Ooookay.... but as a DD alternative to a honda or some shit? Anyone have experience with the car or no about maintenance issues?

Don't know much about the car but I like the look, just tint the windows

side view

bumperooni

can you even work on those yourself without tons of costly volvo specific tools?

they're shit, heavy, and there electronics always fail and need to be replaced

We got those in Burgerland.
Sure you are. Just like there are BMW, Honda, Chevy, VW, Mercedes, Fiat/Chrysler, and Ford master techs all who browse lit.

You're better off asking in a Volvo forum. Veeky Forums hates cars

You want to look at 80's and 90's Volvos. Those things will run forever.
S70/V70 also count because they're more or less updates of the 90's Volvos before they switched to the S60 etc. I have heard that the S40/V40 has been pretty solid as well though

Used to own a 2004 S60. It was a good car but maintenance was a bitch on it. What you save now, you'll pay later down the road in maintenance. Also, the turning radius sucks balls.

Sorry I didnt see your post before.

Heres the way I'm starting to look at things. Ive heard they can be expensive to repair. And I don't have to cash for anything exceeding 2k or so especially if anything comes up immediately. I want something I can buy a not worry about for the next year. I'm not good with cars and know very little mechanically, except how to keep up basic maintenance and what to watch out for.

Are they very reliable/worth getting or should I just get a Honda

Get a Lexus for something reliable that isn't a shitbox. Otherwise accept your shitbox destiny and get a Honda or Toyota.

What engine? If it's the gutless 140hp 2.4 5 pot, stay the fuck away as that engine is, well, gutless. Shit sucks down fuel and does fuck all.
A bitch to work on too as the engine bay is tiny as fuck for that huge engine, belts are a fucking pain to swap.

Owned the 2.4 140hp one a long time ago, It was nice as fuck all around, looked extremely nice outside but lacked the performance to back up the looks. Switched for a V70 T5 and that thing hauled ass, FWD be damned.

You can get an s80 for the same price and similar mileage. Don't bother.

Make sure it has silver rings round the dials, the earlier ones suffered from ETM issues and this is the sign that your car is safe from that.

Geartronic gearboxes are very unreliable. In fact, most autos of that generation aren't great if you don't change the fluids. Manuals are fine.

Good cars, great seats and sound system. Good engines too.