/evog/ - Evolve General

Bob Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609493948032159746

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/asldkfjo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hyde a best

I made a thread but this is Veeky Forums and we can't delete so that's awkward.

>20-50 keys for a win

I think this shit is ridiculous and I already have all the chars from founder, I don't know how f2pies are meant to do this

>Laz Free
>Torvald Free
>Anything but Monster mains playing this week

????

>got 44449 keys
>instead of 44444

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just get a 50 win streak for a nice bonus :^)

>7 hours played
>Already unlocked 2 2.7k character and one 5.7k character
>3k keys spare
Easy

I find R.Val to be up there in the easy as shit to play against department desu

>20-50

Try ten keys a game, senpai. Being at the top sucks dick.

Nah 26 is the average for me, never gotten fewer than that I believe.

it's not even worth the effort to play more than once or twice between the periodic rewards

i keep getting stomped when i go monster and i want to be level 1 again help????????????

you get level up bonus and hidden challenge shit though which is where bulk of the keys come from

not leveling up much anymore unless playing something I don't even want to play

how do you know you dont want to play it if you havent played it

continue to get stomped, its the only way to get better

>drop 3 kraken mines
>go feed for full armour
>come back as hunters drop out
>take your free strikes as hunter just jumped into your mines and they are back off cd

what a feel

kind of risky if hunters aren't retarded but it's 2-3 min match if they are

where did I say I haven't at least tried everything?

shut up you dumpster gnome

Having tits when you're fat is like having a six-pack when you're skinny.
Nothing to be proud of.

wew what a rude little shit

>Assault leaves early on
>Match goes pretty badly, but we almost have the monster killed
>2 dead, I'm trying to stay alive and whittle down the last bar and a half
>Bot runs away and walks into a megamouth
I've never seen them go full pub before.

Fat people dont work out, m8

>Playing Hyde with nothing but damage perks and a Cabot on my team
>Ended up doing 13k+ damage to a stage 1 Elder Kraken after only 2 short fights
Pssst nuttin personnel m8

I just had a match where the AI Bucket was 200m away from a dome by the time the fucking dome ended

>guy prefers medic
>picks laz
>empty banner

never dodged a game so fast before

He's on the rotation along with Bucket, Torvald and Jack. Most of my pub matches at 17 are going fucking poorly because they're all fucking garbage.

>still no cyborg archer hunter

are you gay?

>That
>Fat

Go home necrophile

Thats league of legends isnt it

Well.. I guess at least their skins stopped just being "[Character], but on fire."

Bob when?

People will never be good enough at this game for it to pick up an real steam as far as playerbase goes.

Monsters are too easy to play and Hunters are too hard to play and until they fix that it's just going to hemorrhage its playerbase again.

You would think 1st person monster hunter would be tight which it is.

if TRS were good

Post your badges, boys.

Playing the Hunters solo (with 3 pubbies) is a unplayable nightmare with the monster having a massive advantage.

That shit looks ugly as fuck, hopefully that isn't what it would look like.

>somebody actually unrionically said "le sigh"
>they had a clantag too

#edge

Can someone explain why you would "dodge" a potentially poor match if all it affects is your winrate, which doesn't affect anything?

Like, you get the same xp/bonuses win or lose so I would assume a game where you lose easily is almost a blessing since it's just the game being over with faster. Unless you're doing ranked I don't see why it would matter.

E-Peen.
Not having much else to feel good about.
Feeling like they won't get carried.

Because its not fun to lose because your team are retards that pick shit heroes

I only really dodge torvald though

You didn't respond with meme arrows right?

I know I'm not great, but seeing this sexy almost equal dps at the end of games makes me cream myself. Parnell is the best purchase I've made so far.

My experience is that hunter is actually fairly balanced at the moment, at least around level 30. I'm pretty close to 50% winrate on all the hunters I have a decent number of games in.

Monster feels fairly balanced too.
I win 80+% of my games as Wraith because she's fun and I've practiced her a lot, but lose 70% of my EKraken games because I keep making bad decisions and trying to play him wrong.

I'm so tired of never getting my 1st role preference.

>you get the same xp/bonuses win or lose

well done, user, well done...

HOWEVER

you don't get the same key bonuses for losing and periodic rewards always require a win

I didnt respond, i left. Not because of him though, the monster player quit, presumably because i was in a lobby with a bunch of people with the same clantags

>prefer assault
>always get assault because bltiz/lenny got nerfed
>play hyde all day

it affects your fun
its no fun playing with super-shitters or bots

How do I be good at Hyde?
The monster never stays in the fart grenade and the flamethrower feels kinda weak compared to markov's lightning gun

I've got pretty good luck with getting my first pick even when there's another with the same pick. Like 3/4 times I get my pick.

Parnell is great, people dont like him because unlike with Markov they have to aim

i havent played in 5 days

who is OP, who is trash after the latest patch?

Did they nerf god-tier wraith badly?

I was in that same game with you, but I forget what your name was

Follow the monsters ass and throw grenades at whoever the monster tries to focus.

Damage

switch speed

damage

whenever the nade is back throw it it does crazy damage real fast even if the monster doesnt stay in it

They nerfed wraith a tiny bit but also buffed it so it's still the best and most overpowred monster in the game. Dodge any time you see it.

she's not fat

Okay, thanks

I only play wraith and gorgon

Dunno where you live but that is definitely not a healthy nonfat body, you might be confused if you see fat people normally all the time.

>Get queued up
>There's a guy named testing as our assault
>think nothing of it
>touch down
>in five seconds hes 180 units away from us
>think the red name means the monster
>think to myself 'wtf why can we see him'
>realize its the assault
>instantly recognize whats going on
>kills the monster in 3 seconds

Man I knew heard the account named testing somewhere. Could've warned the monster.

>just want a quick win match for my reward before going to bed
>almost get a bot match
>but then the server shits itself

fucking trs

why bother? i cant even make the badges i want because the colors i need are always locked, its fucking stupid

Make do with what you have, desu.

>play monster
>always get my preference
>on the rare occasion i actually do lose my preference, being is a nice change of pace

>Switch speed
Eh unlike Griffin you're only going to be switching like every 20 seconds, I'd rather take reload or more damage.

Do people start using mics when Ranked unlocks or is this just a game of mutes?

This guy?
steamcommunity.com/id/asldkfjo/

Hold the grenade until the monsters picked somebody the want to kill, throw grenade on top of target. If he wants to continue the combo chain he needs to sit in it. Thats about it other than using it to flush them. Oh chuck it on downed people too for obvious reasons.

Pshy

Sounds like a jelly femanon just got triggered

>Assault and tracker are literally mentally handicap they don't know they have a fourth ability
>At level 30+
I think I'm done, holy shit.

eh Hyde takes fucking forever to prime with flame thrower but thats just me

I look way better than that fat thing.

I talk and I met people who do. It's just rare. Occasionnaly I get mocked for telling them to not dome in retarded places.

>catch stage 3 monster as its evolving
>slap it down to two bars
>retard teamates threw the dome as soon when it was still evolving
>it just runs to the relay and wins

Quality game TRS

Canada. She's not THAT fat. Don't deny it.

Why is EMET so shit? His personality is so good, and I want to see more of it.

all I can think about is how fun it would be to motorboat and titty fuck her

big giant fat tits have their own charm

This isn't my experience at all, unless every hunter is playing a tier 1 It's almost a free win for the Monster, I don't think I've EVER won a game with Bucket or Slim on my team.

its no fun playing with literal retards who cant press a button every 20-30 seconds.
its no fun getting analy reamed by a fourstack as a monster.
those reason enough for you?

mics have little use in a simple cat and mouse game like this, you can't fix stupid even if you scream in the mic all night

>big giant fat tits have their own charm
Not really. The only thing giving them any shape at all is the bra she's wearing. Take that off and those things will get pulled down by gravity into two ugly pieces of meat.
Big might be nice but the shape is important, too.

why are you replying to a baiting homosexual?

>His personality is so good
>"Haha dick jokes haha I'm gonna put my dick in your ass monster haha get fucked"

Right.

>my taste in titties is different than yours
ok, my dick disagrees. i still want to fuck and motorboat what you call "ugly pieces of meat". the gif you posted does nothing for me

>Get retarded teammates
>Blame the game
Wait what

It's the games fault though.

>posts a disgusting gook

kys

>Game doesn't have a skill-based matchmaking system
>It's literally more rudimentary than the shit they've got built into Call of Duty

>cowtits
>ever

Why would Call of Duty not have a really good matchmaking system?

It's one of the highest grossing game series of all time.

I'm at 8/6 with Slim, from leveling him up to unlock the silver reload perk while he was free.
He's pretty shit, but so are the majority of monster players.
Know how to dodge/roach, don't pick shit hunters into other shit hunters(I've never won a Slim+Bucket game), and don't do shit like solo doming the monster a mile from the rest of your team that will straight up lose the game, and unless the monster is better than average or you get a complete retard it will still usually be winnable.

why doesn't every game have a 20 question IQ test in the beginning with randomized questions that change often? it really should be a standard especially when teamwork is required

retards and more normal people and smart people would play only with their own kind

edgy and dark like your black soul,.,.,.,.,.?

>destroyed so hard the only health they took is when you stopped in the end to thank them for the game

I feel kind of bad

More like the best I could do because all the other stuff has locked colours