/simg/ - Simulation Games General

F-5 NOW EDITION
Previous Thread:A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane's_Fighters_Anthology
steamcommunity.com/id/Imtali
github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases
jboecker.github.io/dcs-mission-planner/planner_client.html
a.uguu.se/vzLcTfWosQJz_F5-ETopGunMusicTheme.7z
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for how do I get a cash cuck

Can we make this the best /simg/ thread yet?

We actually have content to discuss now.

The F-5 has like three variants of sidewinder available. Planes and mercs when

Space Flight sim anyone?

LETS DO IT
I thought it only had 9Ps?

>finally stuff to discuss
>everyone is too busy playing

Is there any good Thrustmaster X template config file for DCS ?

How's Orbiter ? Let's say in comparison to KSP?

Post ID

>KSP
not a sim

It's the sim version of KSP. Like FSX but in space.

>still have a month to go for this trip
I really hope the F-5 hype and servers aren't dead when I get back.

I'm sure MiG21 v F5 is gonna stick around

We get it, you smoke Migs.

Don't mind me, just smokin some MiGs

Who typically wins online on MiG-21 vs F--5 servers?

God's plane

Well I got 11 kills flying the F-5 and only got killed by MiGs like 3 times

I can tell you mine if you come to TS

F-5!

fukken good module

I love it

9Ps, 9P-5s, and AIM-9Bs/GAR-8s

What is the best?

The guns.

P-5s. They're all aspect. 9P is rear aspect only, 9Bs are a joke (they're the same missile you can carry on the sabre)

trips confirms the truth

I used to play this very good old(1997) sim called Jane's Combat Simulator: Fighters Anthology. Wonder if there is a way to get it running again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane's_Fighters_Anthology

>Fighters Anthology features 142 aircraft, ranging from fighters, bombers, transport, and civilian aircraft and helicopters, 125 of which are player controllable aircraft excluding helicopters, from the years 1956 to the 2010s. The game provides various modes of play which are Single Missions with 124 missions, Quick Mission Creator in which the player adjust parameters, Create Pro Mission, allows for creation of new missions and the editing of missions in the game, Replay Last Mission which is only active after a mission has been played and Campaign.

Literally the GOAT flight sim.

If I had unlimited funds, I would remake this game with todays techology.

Literally every theater you could think of, every single fucking airplane and helicopter you could think of.

God damn it it was so fucking good.
I would just make like 20 Su-27's vs 20 F-15's and shit.

Gods game.

literally learning a new module makes me forget the last one I was learning FUCK

>F-5E
>Anything to learn

It's probably the simplest module

steamcommunity.com/id/Imtali pls gib plen

>steamcommunity.com/id/Imtali
>DCS not on the latest games played
>Not on the /fsg/ group
git out

>joining a group led by a F U R R Y degenerate
I don't think so Tim.

Not being able to tell if you're actually part of this community or not is important when handing out free modules.

Considering I can't say if you are or not, I'm holding off since you can just sell the shit afterwards to make a profit and that is your entire purpose here.

oy vey

>page 10
but why?

>new module release
>thread still ded as fuck

merge into /k/ vidya general when

Just ignore that one whiny autist and bring back /wgg/.
Problem solved.

Man, I miss Orbiter. Time to reinstall.

What are the things that pop up when the F-5E's gun is ready?

>merge into /k/ vidya general when

Even more shitposting turbo autists?
no thanks

just reinstalled it. doesnt run. maybe is a compatibility error?

Gas deflectors, keeps the gasses from the gun from being ingested by the engine and causing compressor stalls.

Shock wave shields otherwise the canopy would crack

Sun visors, for when the sun's just off your nose and you don't want to hurt your eyes.

Do you think the F-5E is a good beginner plane or should I be a fc3 babby playing air quake?

Comfy level preview for upcoming CSAR PvP Operation

The F-5 is literally the most aesthetic plane in the universe.

Can we do this big ass op tomorrow? I leave sunday and I don't wanna miss a chance for comfy ops.

start advertising f a m

Eh, if you're cool with WVR-only and being useless against anything more modern than the MiG-21, go for it. It's a stupidly easy plane to fly and fight in.

If you want to actually be competitive in PVP shit though go for FC3. DCS PVP is boring as fuck though.

F-4 Phantom II module fucking when

>THIN is coming back into style

nice

That was actually me, Jack

How successful are you guys finding yourself at attacking ground targets in the F-5?

Setting the pipper to 80 depression and diving 20-ish degrees from 5000ft, trying to enter the dive at 350kts is getting me in the ball park of the target, but I've yet to actually hit anything yet. With the rockets, a depression of 14 with the same parameters seems to work pretty well.

BST didn't actually include the proper tables for pipper depression for different attack profiles though, just a few fixed values. Sure is a good thing they delayed the module almost three months to finish the manual :^)

Should I buy the F-5 even though I'm a complete slavboo?

Yeah I'm pretty much finished a workable version now so we can play it tomorrow.

In fact:

***OFFICIAL OPS ANNOUNCEMENT***

CSAR PVP OPS JULY 24TH @ 2200 UTC

GATHER ON THE TS AN 30-60 MINUTES BEFORE.
(can be changed if enough people want a different time)

AVAILABLE MODULES:

>BLUEFOR
UH-1H
Mi-8MTV2
Ka-50
SA342M
F-5E-3
A-10C
Combined Arms

>REDFOR
MiG-21Bis
Combined Arms

(Additional modules may be added under special request, ie: not having any of the above modules)

SIMPLE RADIO WILL BE USED. DOWNLOAD IT HERE: github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases

Ask someone in the TS if you're not sure how it works before the op starts proper.

Mission Planner will also be used to plan out each teams strategy before the Operation proper: jboecker.github.io/dcs-mission-planner/planner_client.html

This mission is fairly simple, but will be an interesting test to see how simg does objective based PVP ops against each other.

So am I. Still I found it pretty enjoyable.

FUCK WRONG DATE.

*******JULY 23RD @ 2200 UTC*******

>Ka-50

I CALL A SLOT NIGGAS

I got excited then since I can't really do tonight

same desu

oh well

We could always run it the 24th as well.

Only 2 Ka-50 slots, so you best be ready to fight over them

WHO F5RRY HERE?

Dudes

I'm a long time sim player, spent a fuckon of time over IL-2 which I think nothing has topped since

But I have a MAJOR jet itch to scratch now and the thing is I need a dynamic campaign. I can't play without a dynamic campaign. Barring Falcon 4 and BMS what new things are out there that offer a dynamic campaign?

Literally just Falcon BMS.

Just play it.

Don't be a baka.

Armed Assault 3

JSGME COMPATIBLE MOD THAT MAKES THE F5 THEME THE TOPGUN ANTHEM: a.uguu.se/vzLcTfWosQJz_F5-ETopGunMusicTheme.7z

Just need to enable the F5E theme in the menu.

I am bitter and frustrated so I am going to go shoot down some F-5s

These F-5 webms are making me diamond. I was going to wait for the F-14 to come out to sit in the RIO for my buddy but jumped into DCS today to start getting a feeling for flying with a stick.

Managed to take off, can't wait to git good enough to get the F-5 module. Just need an A-4k module now

I uninstalled war thunder like 2 months ago and need to fill the flying itch

I was just joking to see who the poorfags are. You don't want the F-5 at the moment as its broken as shit. It is definitely not worth the 60$ trust me.

What's broken on it other than the missile FOV and the AA1 gunsight being fucked?

Check the forums

Is it bad that I sorta like this?

t-thanks. hopefully I get a job this week so I can buy it when I'm in the black

>not having a job

nigga why? do you not like money?

what do you use for headtracking? is trackir worth investing?

2 MISSILES
M
I
S
S
I
L
E
S

Also does anyone else feel the plane is a little bit TOO simple?

>what do you use for headtracking?
DIY
>is trackir worth investing?
no

but i dont want to have bunch of lightbulbs strapped on my head

30$ per missile

It's a fighter that was designed for third world peasants whose only training involved a cardboard box and a box fan. It's as simple as it realistically should be. The 9P-5s are shit, though, spoofed by flares on even sluggishly maneuvering targets, basically all the guy has to do to survive a missile shot is pop a flare or two.

Also, has anyone managed to do a crossbleed start on the right engine? The manual says it's possible, but I haven't been able to do it.

Reflection bands method then, or go and waste your money.

I use TIR because it just werks and even though I feel dirty knowing Naturalpoint are scummy as shit, and I supported them, I'm a good goy.

>not sharing his config file for the greater good
Plain sarcasm or high-level of circlejerking ?

>F-5E accelerometer redlined at ~8G
>no penalty at all for throwing the thing around and pegging the gauge

also the radar has MiG-21 style ground reflection clutter which is neat

The MiG 21 radar doesn't seem to be as broken as people are saying. I'be been locking dudes no problem in search and fixed beam

They fixed it a little last month I think