/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

When ? edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees
app.assembla.com/spaces/diplomacy/subversion/source)
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137970.msg4417108.html#msg4417108)?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

alright thats it for me.
Good night /mbg/.

First for /balt/

f

America must turn over Gülen or Bannerlord will die.

nth for
>you will never sail around with your viking comrades killing, raping and pillaging everything in your path

I wonder if the vinland saga author ever played Mount&Blade

We would have given him to you anyways, you massive faggotroach.

I'm out of touch a bit, is the saga still going? I thought it ended with Thorfinn arriving home and settling down.

>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees

It's like the artist was trying to draw Viking raiders but they drew Samurais with Viking gear instead

nah, after thorfinn goes home to iceland he goes on another adventure to constantinople to raise funds for vinland, gathers companions, etc

nice, gonna look into that.

is there a difference

Both were tyrants and raped. So no difference.

What do you expect from a Nordaboo mango made by a jap. :^)
It's still going, pham.
Canute was top waifu when he was trapmode.

>Nordaboo
The manga is extremely critical of Vikings actually.

I liked Thorfinn more before he went full Jesus.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Thorfinn has always been shit. Manga should have focused on Askeladd.

When (If) Bannerlord comes out what will we shitpost about? :(

Shitpost about the slav poster.

>The siege mechanics are buggy and take too much resource to buy

we get to shitpost about all the missing and broken features during early access

Gonnan start a new game based on hunting down a single lord and doing everything in my power to fuck his day up. I want to use a mod set on the native map, but one without guns because guns are too quick.

What mod should I use? I used to have Floris but for some reason my PC decided to delete it out of shame or something.

Diplomacy.

> Fucking manpower is unrealistic and boring

Dickplomacy**

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

>these waifus are too ugly, where the fuck is lolianon?

>Local Swadian Man Feasts His Kingdom To Death

So whats all this meming about Floris being a pile of crap? Does it just add too many random mods to be a improved Native?

Swadia's the only country not completely fucked up in my run at the moment, Nords annexed the ENTIRETY of sandnigger land and a couple of towns from the khershits, and they retaliated by bumfucking the vaegirs out of their snowhuts. Meanwhile Rhocucks are boxed in by my Arabian Jewel frontier city and Swadia reclaiming the coastal mountains.

mostly I think it's just people are upset it has a shitton of 'anachronistic' items, they dislike the expanded troop tree (which you can of course not use), and they don't like the default animations which are disabled via DLing an extra file.

This is wonderful, fucking saved

>Go to siege with a few of the lads
>AI walks in a giant circle around the castle and never attacks

Check if auto stall when ordered is on. If native, then kek

>it has a shitton of 'anachronistic' items
but it does

How do I check that?

>I think it's just people are upset it has a shitton of 'anachronistic' items
and a lot of them look like shit or completely out of place

I don't know what mod you are using, but usually it's in the camp menu and game settings. Option should say something about attack only when ordered.

Plot twist. They were all muzzies and gsanders is about to bring the wrath of christ to Turks.

Hmm...I can't really see it all can you make it...bigger?

Is it metagamey to start full jew merchant every run and open a business with the capital or just expected?

It's metagamey, you can get by with just killing and slave selling.

>Not being a landed merchant, establishing an independent jewish kingdom where a goy life isn't worth a single jewish fingernail

It is absolutely not meta gamey. It is expected. M&B is meant to be played merc>jew>vassal>king

What's the
>best
pierce-damage weapon that you can use while mounted on modded AD1257?

Bow

for stabs you could get the longest spear usable on horseback
for swings either a european masterwork sword or a masterwork war pick, which are sold in england

should say swords are also for stabs
though 1h weapons don't get any penalties on horseback so that's something to keep in mind

>muh consoles port when

>consoles

Dykeplomacy when?

>that shitty baldifying hershey's kiss helmet in Floris
who thought this was a good idea

>Floris
who thought this was a good idea

Can we stop this meme? floris is a good mod. We are a good and helpful general, giving meme opinions is for shit generals.

>floris is a good mod
Floris is not good it is "okay".

Tell me mods you think are good?

>floris is a good mod.
Can we stop this meme?

The things I do to get ahead.

Perhaps I'm too headstrong.

Well, this is not time to lose one's head.

>just got back
>play some M&B
>running around villages for recruits
>"Dhirim is under siege from the Swadians"
>900 soldiers
fuck man, we took it from the Rhodoks in the first place. damn Swads with their 2 castles, scoop right in on the easy pickings before I even had a chance to build up the defenses.
King guy is hosting a feast too, and the marshall takes like five years to arrive, so rip.

I'd say you are heading in the right direction.

If it was a democracy you would be ahead in the polls

Just don't think with your penis, think with their head(s)..

STOP INVITING ME TO A FEAST, YOU SWADIAN FAGGOTS. STOP FEASTING ALTOGETHER. WE HAVE 3 FUCKING WARS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. THREE.

Speaking of Floris being a shit mod, does anyone else get one million error messages when attacking bandits in a village, preventing you from seeing kill notifications and hit confirms? (basically any lower left notification)

make sure you're using wse

hey also, what's stopping me from emptying the treasury before they take the town, since this is Floris and all

since when did floris require wse

since many people don't like the russian faces (personally i prefer them for the completeness with sliders/aging)
i'm going to bundle in the Gaolu (prettier) faces as an option for dickplomacy

I'm thinking of either:
a. including the option in the game start menu
b. just bundling in a replacement skins.txt file

the first option will require some coding to make sure everything works right, the second one is much simpler but more prone to user failure (how do i copy paste file???)

thoughts?

My stance on this
>if people are to stupid to read a ReadMe, Fuck 'em

Just put in the additional skins.txt. I don't expect people from here to be retarded enough to not know how to use it.
R-Right?

Option a.

Keep it optional, as long as minor assembly means copy-pasting lines and files rather than coding and compiling, everyone will get it.

>you are welcome to modify it to please your own tastes
>but if you do I will cry bitch and moan about it like a spoiled child and send you a DCMA
CUNT

>download WSE 4.3.0 for 1.168
>"Version unsupported!"
>why
>"Steam currently not supported! Use vanille 1168 exe."
>download 1.168 exe
>"fmodex.dll missing"
>"SkinMagic.dll missing"
Fuck man. Doesn't Floris have that shit built in already? It's literally just when I defend villagers that I can't see any notifications until I restart the game. And I'm launching from the Floris exe.

there's a fix on the forums, you have to use a standalone version of warband (in the op, version archives) then patch the 1.168 version of that with the forum fix
basically taleworlds patched warband but didn't change the version number

Damn, I'll dig around for that shit then. Thanks brudda.

Did Floris get an update? It has never required WSE or had it's own .exe that I remember.

also, I'm using WSE for dickplomacy, but I'm not sure that I actually am using anything that is extremely important that needs WSE
so i'm going to bundle the 1.168 exe and WSE with it, but you can probably just run it without WSE anyways

Will running the game through the WSE launcher give still give me achievements, card drops & count towards my Time played?

This is unImportant.

the WSE author was a fag about steam iirc

RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nope
honestly I'm half tempted to just add a trigger that instantly gives you all of your achievements to the mod

>framerate
holy toaster

I'm absolutely triggered by your choice in armor

Hey user, can you please merge diplomacy source (app.assembla.com/spaces/diplomacy/subversion/source) with skirmish mode (forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137970.msg4417108.html#msg4417108)? I tried doing it but i am too retarded, and I know it's not that hard..

Pleease user

Why do you think i'm playing mount & blade :^)
I-It's the """""""""enhanced"""""" diplomacy from the pastebin, I just took the free shit from the chest in Rivacheg. kek

Caring about framerate when t is 30+

When will this meme end?

>he takes the free garbage from Rivacheg
>doesn't buy some cracked super armor for the low low price of 2000~ denars

not him but extreme autism prevents me from buying any equipment with negative modifiers

>framerate is a meme
literally fuck off

S-Shut up ;-;. I-I literally just bought a business with my first 10k using my army of 30 footmen and men-at-arms.

I'm that way about weapons, but I'll gladly take -4 armor on the cheap.
Lordly and Masterwork gear are a fucking scam imo.

>Join a faction in a mod
>They decide to have 2 wars at once
>Basically running back and forth to save castles from getting lost to sieges
>Meanwhile Lord is Harlaus-tier, feasts non stop

>Finally we get the upper hand
>Weak ass town with only 80 people protecting it
>For weeks we are unable to take it because the charge is distracted by a 30 troop enemy warband that our Marshal begins chasing, then dropping the siege altogether
>So fucking done that I decide to just see if I can take it myself
>Take the town with pretty minimal losses, only wounded

"Sorry you already have too many properties, so we will award it to another person"
>I have 0 fiefs
>They are awarding it to a person that already owns a castle and lost every battle in the campaign and was imprisoned half the time

I honestly don't know how to deal with this shit. I'm literally shaking. Do I just tell them to fuck off or what. Is it finally time to have your own faction?

>Warsword Conquest's latest version

Holy shit they improved seemingly everything about this mod. I'm ecstatic to get into the mix of real major warfare.

meant to reply to

>You have been wronged! Rebel and keep your fiefs
>send an emissary to the enemy faction: let me go under your protection
>go and fuck up your former faction