/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Alex Smith and Patric Mueller have joined the Nethack dev team: nethack.org/#News
Expect great things when the next release comes out in 2032.

Pochengband 5.0.0 Comp (Until July 28):
Sexy Draconian Monk
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous thread:

FIRST FOR KILL ALL MU FAGS

sorry did not mean mummy fags by the way

I WISH FOR A NEW FREE ROGUELIKE

did u play shadowofworm

The devs removed jumping a while back

>worm

Ru is still an option you know

nth for still missing dicks, mumo etc

Granted, but there is only one playable race, human, and all others are locked behind a subscription paywall. And only two classes; fighter and mage. And manual skill training is also locked behind the paywall

Super secret boss nigga enemy in Demon.

What is it? It's high in the tower and you can only get it if you have enemy sense.

It's the dev's self insert, a kitsune with an ectoplasm like fireball.

Oh user. A work of art, surely.

CROPPING GOD

O
P
P
I
N
G

G
O
D

What do you even want NPCs to do? If they aren't enemies to overcome, there doesn't seem to be a point in their existing.

I find it hard not to believe.

Disgusting.

I found a level 29 Bigfoot on Tower 15 but he mentioned that one. Maybe it's satan. Or santa
lmfao

The ferrets are normal enemies.

>neqoxec will be added as a playable species in your lifetime
>neqoxec will be removed as a playable species in your lifetime

Is it possible to reverse the Living Trump random teleport mutation?

Use the cure mutation service in Zul.

So you can just spam Living Trump as a spell until you get controlled teleport? Want to know because I want to do an astral guide + dimension door combo.

Yeah. It's one of those spells where it seems little thought went into how it's actually used.

The more I play this game the more I discover half-assed things like that. Good for me I guess, thanks user.

Doing shoals as an octopode is a breath of fresh air from all other meleedudes
Now i'm in a bit of a pickle, i don't know how to spend my money. Anything good here aside from the >Ring of fun ? I don't have nearly enough !curing to want to wear it

What if it's Elvis?

Get the Ring of Shadows. Umbra is really nice.

Shadows is the only one I would buy.

Alright, what do i swap it with? Slaying or one of the dex rings?

What if it's your mom

Nevermind, did some swapping and the dex rings only gave me one extra EV, thanks for the help

make sure you buy any bad un id'd shit too if its cheap like that inaccuracy

I don't think there's any non-artifact amulet that could replace the one i have, it's amazing
Btw i found the staff of wucad mu very early on, is it a good idea to transition to full caster for extended and ziggs?

>4 scrolls of aquirement
Praise gozag
If i already have all the books, wands and rods i'd want, what do i wish for? More money?

>all the books, wands and rods i'd want

you can acq weapon/armor if you have anything that isn't great there, unless you're doing Tm shit

gold acq is good for gozag i think

Jewelry or armour.

is corruption of champions a roguelike

>Large shield of rF+
>Ring of wizardry
>Hat of MR+
>830 gold
What a shitshow

hat of MR is good tho

How do I learn to read in Shadow of the Wyrm?

Please respond.

Well, yeah, but i expected more
On another note, i finally ID'd this thing, and now i'm sad

no

Large shield of rF+ is pretty gud. You're a pode, right? You'll probably want to get to 25 shields.

Yeah, but it's going to be a long while before i get there. A 40/40/30 octopode would be fucking bananas now that i think about it

Definitely something for extended, but something you'll want all the same.

>speed

but that's literally the best brand

why you sad, nigga?

wait are you or are you not OpTm

shields work if you're using statue or lichform but are melded by dragon/bladehands

Because it would take me a shitload of exp to use it effectively. Maybe i'll keep it for pan, but for now i need exp to hit dudes better
OpMo that just got statue form online. Funnily enough i also have dragon form available, but i'm not planning on using it until i get more UC

He was talking about getting a hat of Mr+ from acquirement.

if you are going to use dragonform don't bother investing in shields, and especially don't spend 25 levels worth of xp on them

He won't be shifted all the time. Many fights will end with just a shield and a tentacle.

yes but if he's going to be shifted *some* of the time he's better off spending that xp on other things (dodging, fighting, haste if he has it...)

He also mentioned he has statue form, which benefits heavily from shields. Each form has a purpose, and he needs to be flexible. The exp is not wasted on shields. He merely gives it up for a moment so he can push over a big dude. Same as blade hands.

Give the Sun Gem to Cynwise, in the first village.

Let's all do our best in this thread too, everyone!!!

i drew my party in elona+ for /v/'s drawthread

how the fuck do i beat gavela's robot?
he fucking keeps stacking bleed on me

and his article on the wiki seems to be updates because it doesnt mention anything about his bleed attack

>i drew my party in elona+ for /v/'s drawthread
you done good, user

>the bell
10 out of fucking 10

Holy fucking shit should I

That corrode will greatly reduce the benefit of the slaying. -4 from corrode, ignoring defenses, effectively reduces the slaying down to one. You will be getting hit a lot as an ogre. The only situation where I "might" wear that is against an enemy with banish/teleport other. Other than that, it is probably bad and will lead to many faults.

>using things with *corrode

A A A

ALWAYS
AWEAR
ASLAYING

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a useful ego robe

There's also 2 steam dragons a few levels up

-tele doesn't do anything about banish user

I was more talking about the mr+++ and then the -tele for teleport other.

It also might be useful for getting past roxanne if you see her.

I'm pretty sure he means the MR+++

Any resists are great. If you could find a randart with rPois that would be superb.

Never trust a fairy.

>every single time i wear-id my first amulet it's a fucking amulet of harm

why does this even exist

Its secretly really fucking good.

There is nothing sneaky about this.

Because it's Lasty's baby. Even though everyone thinks it's garbage and he knows that.

Explain your thinking.

why the drain even
just curse it like all other badjewelry

Found this not even 20 steps away from the previous armour

It's a secret

I've only used it twice, but the power boost is immediately noticeable and incredibly potent. It was on a deep elf conjurer, and it let him do dirty things. Battle orb + IMB let him 2hko dyaks and absolutely melt everything else with just darts. I ended up faulting hard, but it would have happened without the amulet. Were I to use it again, I'd wear it on a tankier mage. A draconian, perhaps. You ONLY wear it if you can use the power (ranged only, sorry tablords), and have ways to mitigate things like ruks and bolts. Very dangerous to wear, but I think that it is absolutely worth it.

>find shovel/pick
>immediately go graverobbing
>die horrifically every time
>repeat ad nauseam

I have a problem.

Because then the hypothetical optimal player (which doesn't exist ever, I might add- no matter how much tavern slobs like to pretend it does) might put it on when attacking from range and then swap to something else in melee.
God forbid!
Yeah, if you are a conjurer it can be usable for a time, same with an archer. I have used it on a MiFi^Oka and a DrCj^Sif to decent effect, but the thing is still crap almost all the time and doesn't need to drain players just to piss them off.

okay easy solution
autocurse, like obsidian axe

even easier solution
remove the fucking garbage

I have this wild and wacky solution:
Have it spawn cursed like amulet of inaccuracy and do nothing when removed.

Bizarre, I know.

>essentially reduce your hitpoints
>in a game where if you're losing any significant HP you're losing anyway
>in exchange for significant no-questions-asked slaying

Not saying it's a good concept or good execution fun-wise but it is a very useful item.

Were I to use it again, I would only take it off for the vaults. Too many bolts for it to be a reasonable equip. I'd love to abuse it with shatter, tornado, or disaster area. Still though, I'm not sure I would ever wear it over a +5 reflection amulet, spirit shield or a Regen/mRegen amulet.

what if it didn't spawn at all? i really like that idea

>the hypothetical optimal player

Oh man, don't even start with that. Those Tavern guys sometimes.

>we need to remove the orb run because the optimal move is to go back to each floor and dig out a straight line to the nearest staircase

Or do nothing when worn, and rename it to "amulet of nothing".

HP is the single most important stat on crawl

>/rlg/ calling for the removal of supposed bloat
THEY CALLED ME THE HERO, THE HERO OF PAN.

BUT WHY SHOULD I SAVE THEM, WHEN THEY STAND FOR NOTHING.

i bet you bitched about item destruction's removal too

fuck off

>protoshitter is a bloat fetishist
Who would have guessed?

I really enjoyed its removal. It added nothing but tedium. I just find it funny that people actively want a decent item gone while also pining for old stuff like clubstabs. Where is the line drawn?

>>protoshitter is a bloat fetishist

What an erotic sentence.

>I really enjoyed its removal. It added nothing but tedium.
BUT MUH DND

I have never played a campaign where the DM bothered with itemdest.