Fucked over by cost of living

An MSRP is nationwide, but the amount of money you make for the same career varies by different places. I am in one of the green states. Cars are super expensive. Fuck you guys in California for being faggots and getting cars at an arguably much cheaper price.

>live in TX
>4th gen f-bodies arguably cheap here cause erryones about "muh lift"

Sounds good to me

>live in SE Texas

Nevermind.

I would have assumed alaska or hawaii were higher than california.
California would only be highest if you were living in one of the big towns.
What is the rubric if new york isn't high on the list?

>Rhode Island less expensive than Hawaii

Lies

More*

>tfw Texas master race

>i live in nevada
feels good senpai

>Florida that high
absolute bullshit

>California
Why does such a beautiful state have to be ruined by such awful politicians?

$1200 a month gets a nice size 3 bed 2 bath with a 2 car garage around here.. i thought that was decent, guess not..

Wisconsin here.

900sq. ft. 2 bed 1 bath, 1 car garage, $350/mo for the mortgage.
34x20 2-car shop, $200/mo rent.

Newport drives things up. Plus RI is home to to a lot of expensive vacation homes. My gf's parents have one close to Taylor Swift's.

You gotta remember this is probably averages, and ritzy cities drive that shit up.

>Americans complaining about cost of living

Ugly license plates though ;(

And I thought Atlanta Metro had one of the lowest cost of living...

I mean, all you need to make is $30k and you can afford an apartment with cash to spare.

Hawaii is probably odd statistically because so many people that own homes aren't full time residents. There's lots of poor people on the big island and a lot of the full time residents of every island work in the service/tourism industry.

>virginia
They should include a circle around the DMV

lol you think we get paid significantly more in CA?

>I make 72k/yr salary (No OT), I have never had a week under 55 hours, most are 60-65
>1/3rd-ish of that goes to tax
>I take home 42k/yr
>- Rent (26400/yr)
>- Food (4200/yr)
>- Utilities (3600/yr)
>- Transit/Fuel (1440/yr)
>$6360/yr left over for me to spend on things

Damn you Californians for making so much more than us!!!

Cure heartbreaker to come in and tell you all about how great this shithole is.

Northern Virginia needs to be fucking kicked out of Virginia. PWC, Fairfax, and East Loudoun need to GET OUT.
>[town/city] [in NOVA], Room for rent
>6*8' room, low ceiling (**!!**!!!!COZY**!!*!!)
>no kitchen, no utilities, no water, no bath, no laundry., no lights, leaky roof, skeletons inside
>BE QUIET
>NO SLEEPOVERS
>MUST BE GAY FRIENDLY
>CYCLIST FRIENDLY
>NO PARKING
>NO PETS
>DON'T BRING FURNITURE
>$1100/mo NON NEGOTIABLE
Prices are similar across NOVA, But my question is how do all these ghetto niggers afford housing when a run-down 1000sqft apartment in a bad neighborhood costs upwards of $2000 a month.
Do these left-wing wackos give them reparations to enrich their communities?

Hell fucking yeah.

This is your fault though. Your fucking living expenses are batshit, more than 2000 for rent? 350 for food? 300 for UTILITIES?

Live in Iowa. Pay $605 per month for rent for 680 Sq ft.

Also there is nothing here. Our Craigslist is devoid of the shit I want.

Wouldn't leave though, Oregon sounds nice but apparently everyone is an asshole.

Because he lives in fucking California. It's unavoidable.

I live in Los Angeles and my living expenses are way lower

Yeah, but he doesn't want to live in a single cockroach infested apartment from the 1800s surrounded by crack dealing niggers and 10 mexicans in a single 1 room apartment right next door constantly boiling food.

>WA

it sucks to be a poorfag here

yea... but where are the stats for this chart. if California is #1 I want to know how alaska/hawaii or new york (our top cities are expensive, no shit) didn't qualify

>complains about car costs
> American

LOL!

Ausfag here
Texas sounds pretty nice. I'm kinda tempted to come over and culturally enrich the place

Vermont, less affordable than Washington? This chart was created by retards.

Do you have any fucking clue what things cost in CA? 2000/Mo rent is slightly above the bottom. 3-5000 is more typical.

300 was a tad high. 250 is more accurate.

Exactly. If you live in the litteraly ghetto, the place where you will get shot at for being white, you can get the rent below 2000/Mo

Also LA isn't completely overcrowded like the Bay Area is.

There are two "#4"s. I can not contribute to this topic due to that mistake. And no, two states can not be exactly equal to cost of living.

Pretty things attract shitty people.

Why not leave?
What stops you from moving to another state?
What stops you from going to another state and buying a car cheaper there?

>tfw Scotland
>Gas is expensive as fuck
>Insurance is expensive as fuck
>Rent is expensive as fuck
>No garage
>Roads are awful
>Taxes highest in the UK

Who do I need to kill and/or fuck to get a flight to Texas, no questions asked?

I didn't think Ohio would be 18, feels more like we should be in the bottom 10 or at least below 15.

I only make $45k a year but live better than people who make significantly more then me on the coast.

>fairly low taxes
>mortgage for 3br 2bath 2 car garage home is $440 a month
>cheap car insurance
>gas is usually cheaper than average

Tfw moved from Tennessee to South Carolina and my living expenses shot up like a grunge band in a motel room

My great-grandfather used to say that the best thing in Scotland was the road to england.
I think he was right. Buuut we don't want you uneducated fucks down here with your stupid accents and your shitty cars.

States by median household income adjusted for cost of living. As you can see the differences are vast even in neighboring states, it's not just as easy as comparing income or cost of living alone. Dixie seems to be doing the worst on average though.

I'll leave my MG behind if you want, and I can hold an Australian accent all day

I can't find #5

wait you're right

BASED MINNESOTA.

There are two #8's.

And 2 #4

This map appears to be a work of conjecture.

Detroit here.
1500sq ft 3 bedroom 2 bath full basement, large yard and 2 car garage 460 a month mortgage.
>as long as you dont piss off the neighbors.

Is that the little Russian girl?

Y-yes.

He is talking about rent on a big city. You can go as low as 500 for 2 bed 1 bath apartments in North Florida

>live in green state
>tornado the width of NYC hits in the summer
>die

>Iowa #1 most affordable
Not a surprise. No emission, safety, registration is cheap as fuck. We're not going to have front license plates next year probably, so that's even better.

>the darker states have darker people

That chart is underrated as fuck.

>build a house with a three storey basement + bunker and built of right and proppa bricks with concrete and steel reinforcement instead of wooden planks like everyone and their dog does
>survive
>laugh how nobody learned from the story if the three little piglets but you

>I make 72k/yr salary (No OT), I have never had a week under 55 hours, most are 60-65
>1/3rd-ish of that goes to tax
>I take home 42k/yr

Your tax rate isn't that high and if you itemize it would be significantly lower than that.

"Utilities" can mean electricity, water, gas and sometimes people lump other shit in there too. In the summer months my electricity bill alone was almost $500 in my house.

> What stops you from going to another state and buying a car cheaper there?

Typically your home state will tax you when you register it. Like if you bought a car in OR where there is no sales tax and then registered the car in your home state, they hit you with the tax.

Jesus christ that's a $1500/month rental in Canada