M8s, how do I get rid of these specks of dirt off my car...

m8s, how do I get rid of these specks of dirt off my car? I've tried scrubbing it with the brush at the car wash and it didn't do shit. It's all over my bonnet, roof, and the back. I only bought the car like 3 years ago, please don't tell me it needs a repaint.

bump

bump

Find my thread anons

Post pic of whole car. We need to know what we're working with.

that looks more like one of those plastic foldout tables than a car hood

Sorry m8s, dumping

This is the bonnet

It doesn't look as bad looking right at it, it's when you get up close you can notice it

Well, m8s? What's the prognosis?

bump

Most likely its tar from road construction. You got to use a clay bar to pull that from the clear coat. If it doesnt come off with light use of the brush , stop using the fuckin brush, scrubbing harder is fucking up your paint more than than is was before. After you clay bar it, hit with a general car polish By HAND! (I can guarantee you wi really fuck up your clear coat using a buffing wheel so dont even think of using that till you get the theory of cutting/polishing/sealing/waxing top coats). After the polish go over the car with a decient wax.

To add by polish and wax i mean the stuff you get in the tins/bottles at crappy tire or pep boys, not the "polish" or "wax" garbage that comes out of the wands at the coin washes or those auto washes. Also dont do the polishing or waxing in the sun or if the car is hot to the touch (dont be fooled by the wax brands that say you can apply it to a hot car or direct sunlight its bs junk that doesent even protect the top coat other than looking shiny for a weekend)

Clay bar that shit into oblivion; body will feel and look smooth as fuck

>tfw just finding out about claybaring a car

Would it be worth just to take it to a car detailer and have them do it?

Clay bar, wetsand down with some 2000 (1500 if it doesn't budge), Cut, Polish and wax.

It depends, do you have the will/drive to learn something about car care and spend a day outside enjoying the fesh air/ weather or do you want to stay pleb tier and shill out more coin than what its worth to a guy who most like has upselling you vanilla sented carpet cleaning than actually putting pride into the worthwille stuff. Im hoping you will make the right decision. (Ill give you a hint doing this yourself and even by hand is very simple and will look 100000× better than any machine but marketed as rocket science to those who have the coin or are very sheepish)

I keep my car outside in the weather all day every day, is this a bad option? Is it disgusting?

it's not the best but with the proper measures taken you can keep your paint from getting any worse.

Right, I did wash my car myself once. I foolishly did it around 11am when it was hot as fuck. Never again. I live up north australia in the tropics. I normally just go to supercheap auto for new windscreen wipers etc. I've heard it's a terrible shop though, I'm not sure where I could go here to find legit car care places though.

the place can be as shitty as it wants to you just have to find the right products or brands. Meguiar's, Mothers and Turtle are all good mainstream location-brands, I use mainly Meguiars stuff and it works pretty well. Washing in the sun is perfectly fine as long as you work quick and correctly, I wash out in the sun like 75% of the time and I hardly ever get water spots. If you're particularly concerned about it, you can pull up to a coin wash, soak it down so the managers know you're not freeloading and dry it off as normally.

Lol no man that is fine, you can be super anal about it and keep your car in a bubble for most of its life but in the end its a car and its ment to be driven and used but also properly matained by its owner. All those bits i informed you earlier would be good discipline aswell as a gateway to understanding your auto, its how i started on becoming more affluent with automotive mechanics/engineering. When i was younger i grew up in a mining town where the polution was very harsh on car finishes (200k swirling will show up on new cars in about a year) so i learned from my father aswell as self taught later on the dynamics of taking care and not talking car of the paint finish and preaty much the other day i saw my old car with its original paint and gloss (old ass honda accord btw) looking fresh as ever compared to my now owned audi s4 avant looking like shit in comparison (with the occupation/
hours i work now and other issues ive let neglect take over and now kicking myself because of the rare paint option and the cost to repaint it). Take car of your car man it will reward you back.

Get a claybar kit, watch some youtube videos, and get to work.

You will need to rewax the car after.
you will need to be vigilant, and perform a 2 bucket wash.

you maynot need to polish,or wetsand, but if you want, you cant. again, youtube for that

you can also try hand sanitize to remove the spots.

Just bought one, it's raining today so I can't do it, but muh car will be clean and neat soon m8s.