/domg/ - Dominions General

In Game Messages Edition

Previous Pantokator: Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate (-75%) and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games
>Remove Elf!

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B51DS6LWagFTRjl3ekp1MkNKc3M/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B51DS6LWagFTWDcwbnN5RVBqUEU/view
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ForAFistfulOfDeathgems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for always buy at least 1 PD

Second for Ulm did nothing wrong

3rd for Staling_IRL when?

Check your e-mail.

Post ichtyids.

>Summod .66 required
>Summod .65b is the latest version available on his github

Either I've fucked up, or this game is from the future.

0.66 is just what I renamed the hotfix to. It should be identical to 0.65b aside from the name, but you can also download it from here
drive.google.com/file/d/0B51DS6LWagFTRjl3ekp1MkNKc3M/view

Well let me rename it then, thanks for the rapid response.

And now I'm getting a "sprnbr too high for this file" error while attempting to recruit units.

I have neutral luck scales, why is this happening to me?

>"sprnbr too high for this file"
The fuck? Literally never seen that before. Just download the one I linked further up and see if that helps.

I did. I renamed the file at first, got the error, assumed I fucked up, downloaded your version, and still had the error.

What nation are you?

Xib.

Okay. It looks like sum1 fucked up your units completely when he tried to nerf the lance bats. Let me see if I can find and fix the mistake.

Welp. At least it isn't entirely my fault for once. Thanks for the assist.

All right, it looks like he just straight up didn't finish the Xibalba changes before pushing the mod. I can see what he wanted to do with the StR nerfs that he wanted to apply to some of the commanders, but he made commander IDs for them and told the nation to recruit them in caves/forests and then never actually made the unit that the tag is supposed to point to.

I could prrrobably actually fix this, but we need to restart the game regardless to use a different version of the mod. I would prefer it if you could change your nation instead to make my life easier, since I'm really not confident in nation modding.

Can someone tell me how to lose the game? I'm really good and I can't lose. Need help

10:46 PM - Lambert_S: Send a message to the thread, I can fix it but can't upload it for another 10 hours
10:47 PM - Lambert_S: I can read but not post

Okay, I fixed it. I'm going to confirm that it works in caves, then change the mod that the game's going to use.

ty mr lambert, but I got it

ahahahaha ok so it currently has both the StR and the vanilla cave commanders. I'm going to need to make another change or two and then it should be set.

Is the staleness of our memes positively correlated with the deadness of our general?

yes. let's start a dom4 call o fduty clan

>69LevelWANPwns

Okay, congrats Xibalba you get to recruit commanders every turn, because removing the original cave and forest recruit commanders is harder than removing the new ones.

Nevermind, it's not hard at all. Back to StR they go. Let's see if this breaks everything.

Okay, the ruins the fort commanders too. Nvm.

/domg/ has pretty good memes and a very comfy general, desu

Comfys itself to death sometimes

Okay. Here is the latest summod with a Xibalba that doesn't crash when it tries to recruit units -

drive.google.com/file/d/0B51DS6LWagFTWDcwbnN5RVBqUEU/view

Note that this reverts the commander nerfs (which were never applied, technically, since the old commanders were still recruitable anyways) so some intended balance changes are not in effect.

I'm going to wait an hour to make sure that the game server has a chance to download the latest version of the mod before we start again.

Oh, and because I'm an idiot, I realized how to actually make those changes after uploading the new mod to llamaserver and sending out the message. We'll go ahead and use it for now anyways, and everyone is encouraged to kill bats.

Play multiplayer

Hinnom has informed me he will be away for most of the weekend.

I've extended the current turn until late Sunday at his request.

>I'm going to wait an hour to make sure that the game server has a chance to download the latest version of the mod before we start again.
Got impatient. We're starting now. Cross your fingers and pray to Llama.

Game appears to be running. If you find yet another gamebreaking error, please let me know.

Well, you can't say I didn't warn him.

My offer still stands, Mictlan, even though you thoroughly ignored me before.

>no dead dragon

Round 2 inc.

Where did it retreat to, friend?

It didn't have anywhere to retreat.

Trust me, I tested this 50 times and got a 90% success rate, the dragon is dead.

How should I know, I'm not the guy who sent it.

Show me the battle

It'd be nice if the game had a sort of "journal" system, where I can leave marks and notes on the map. It's hard to remember what I was planning to do in a particular game after 2 turn extensions while playing 4-5 games.

Is it doable with mods? Should I mail Illfraud about it?

Why would I go and do that?

If Mictlan feels vindictive enough and doesn't accept my generous offer, he can go ahead and show it, but I think I'll keep what I did a secret for the time being, just in case any other of the myriad of people who want me dead have decided to do something about me this early on. Knowledge is power after all.

>I think I'll keep what I did a secret for the time being
Bumrushed him and dealt enough damage to scare him off.

It's not like there's anything else you can do this early on unless you got really lucky with a random item event.

Mictlan should have been more patient, gotten himself a proper pretender, and rushed you the old-fashioned way instead of LMAO onedragon. Xib can pull that shit off because he can ferry in flying reinforcements. Mict can't.

In my testing, I killed the dragon as often as I scared him off, if you really want to know. Really, it doesn't matter, the end result is the same.

I'm just curious why you're acting like there's some kind of secret trick to it.

Because I tested different things and got worse results than what I did with I ended up doing? The rest is up to your imagination ;^)

Eh, be that way. It's not like it isn't obvious.

When_You_Stale_IRL pretenders.

Not a bad batch.

I just and I mean JUST NOW got a proper fix for Xibalba onto git.

It's too late for this game, but I successfully figured out nation modding and the one dumb git error I made that had been making it appear as a whole new thing instead of an edited version of the existing .dm

Praise me.

>It's too late for this game
It uses .

I know. I made that version too. That version just removed the bugged xibalba changes so that its foreign rec commanders are the same in vanilla. The version that I just committed actually makes the StR changes successfully.

Play them

ded

Why is this place so empty on a Saturday? Don't tell me you all have lives or something.

It's the dead of night in the US

good job bats!

what's the wound status of that overgrown flying frog?

Thanks, nice to have some support in what seems like a world out to get me. Also, that dragon got really lucky to not get any wounds, in my successful test runs he usually got 1 or 2.

I fucking hate video games

Post pretenders that wouldn't have died to those bats

>E9 bless on mictlan
>still bad scales for memegame

this is also how you lose.

It's obviously not a pretender that will win the game, no.

A pretender like that would actually require Mictlan doing that thing where they don't spread their scales constantly, and hope to keep just enough blood sac ability on hand to not get dom killed while keeping most of their provinces cancer free.

deep inside you know he's right.

So called "traitor" detected.

Once I'm done taking up indies I'll be personally funding the war against giants.

He was invited in the game to die to elves, he is the joke.

If you're going to go all out with a 'lmao fuck Xibabla, time to rush their cap' strat, at least do it properly.

>Not having awe
>Having a W9 bless but death scales

Your pretender is worse in every way except for its major bless

Note that he's still got the bonuses (and bless) from Erf 9 and Death 6, they're just reduced for spellcasting because dragon.

Note that he's still got the lack of awe (and reduced domspread) from Dom 5

When you intend on sitting your pretender on the enemy cap, your dominion must be 9+

Deep inside I know it takes some amount of autism to play Dominions to begin with, but a far greater amount of autism to join a Dominions game just so you can shitpost without wordfilters.

Huh.

That's not the pretender I uploaded.

Fuck it, we've had more than enough delays due to me. Gonna play on through.

memes

>have graphs to show

Aah, I remember that. That was a fun game.

Still looking for players:

any memes

Feel free to bring your own.

Please make the throne points victory requirement at at least 50%.

Honestly don't think it's likely to be a major issue on a map this big, but I'll bump it up to 22 if it's gonna be a sticking point.

>mfw people say play turns

Admin, are you here?
I'm having a busy time and would really need at least 12 hours more.

Please read this.

Thanks a lot

>Only two turns due in the next 12 hours
>Can relax atop a Spanish mountain in a pool
The lack of cute enslaved pangaeas is all that stands between me and Ermor.

S u b f o r B O G A R U S n e e d e d

Did he get traumatised by Pan so hard he stopped playing?

He literally couldnt beat AI Pan.
I mean, he literally stormed AI Pan twice, one of them he killed everything but the statue god and routed, then ,lost the control of Pan's cap because he didn't put any unit to siege (kek). The other one he didn't even nail the regular summons that were there.

I think he is traveling to Russia to redeem himself from that, or something like that.

To be fair, statue pretenders are a bitch and a half to deal with. You're better off just putting a token force on their cap to keep it locked down and then surround it with temples.

They are indeed

Tell me a story /domg/.

I won a game once. It was awful.

Bump and further recruitment hassling.

Join today!

When did Frodo become a cute girl?

Which nation should I pick if I want to be Blondie?

In MA? Probably Marignon.

Good ranged shit, don't like demons or the undead, some sneaky stuff, filmed in southern Europe.

Serbian Film?

Speaking of Marignon, DO YOUR TURN, whoever you are marignon player!