Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Award winning laser show edition

>Great news!
Athena's Armor Set Search has been updated: mediafire.com/folder/fpoki5x46p78s/MHGen

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Hey uh is there some sort of video that explains absolutely everything about this game like the skills and stats and etc?

I want to BE Meowstress!

Beat any hard quests lately?

What the fuck is with all the leaches just hiding in camp in generations..

hah

no

>wanting to be a 4 fingered midget freak

No thanks.

Quick question. Just got to Village 6 Star - is now a good time to start online?

I fucked it up, /mhg/.
I farmed Hellblade all day, but never with my own quest, so now that I need to hunt lvl9 there's literally no room with it. Fuuuuck.

Yeah. You probably could've started earlier.

Considering the aerial finisher is different in demon mode i thought you were supposed to also utilize aerial attacks for building meter.

yes, you wont 100% 6 star otherwise

See, this is why you're meant to be the host for Deviants

>crab nigger volume 2: niggest

Easily deal with rath, narg, kill glavenus and soap dragon

This fucking cheap blue crab is the most overpowered piece of shit in the game. He has 2 animations with random fucking timings, it's so fucking infuriating. Arms up and arms out, then does several different attacks with different hitboxes.

His rage is also overpowered, can't block anything or dodge anything due to the janky as shit hitboxes. I'm using adept dodge and he's just hitting me, it's ridiculous. Adept block, don't care.

I can kill apex savage deviljho and rjangs all day long, but this FUCKING CRAB IS MAKING ME SO FUCKING FURIOUS

Real talk, how does everyone feel about the insufferable literal weeaboo cat?

What was his character originally, for that matter?

Exactly that. He's always been that.

gen 2 is just poop

so many instants and tedious/stiff attack patterns

>Bitching about Shogun Ceanataur
Come on, man

Good to know, thanks anons. Time to smack the shit outta everything as a Prowler

I really feel like most of the localization for this game is total ass garbage. I usually just mash though all the dialogue its so bad

He's not overpowered, just badly designed

Well damn how do you learn everything then?

You play monster hunter for the dialog?

Aerial GS

shikata ga nai (means can't be helped)

Did he speak random English or something in the original script? I'm just wondering why this was forced on us. People that use random Japanese words in their English make me want to rip off their Naruto headband and strangle them with it.

You obviously should have played MHX then.

Just play. When you come across something that you really need to know, look it up.

There's far too much in this game to simply learn it all from a single video.

I've been playing since MH1 and I still don't know all the intricate details of every weapon style, for example.

>MHX babby

Are you taking about Neko?

>Hating on sanic crab

top kek

>there are people who don't know neko (means cat) and argosy captain's gimmick
TAIHEN

What on earth about my post makes you think that, I sank my entire high school life into Freedom 2

and that was my last monhun until 4U

Just asking how people feel about the weeb cat's dialogue, jeeze.

(Means "Cat"), yes

The whole thing just seems like a "You want your fucking Japanese? Here's your fucking Japanese, this is what you sound like," kind of passive-aggressive "translations" I've come to expect.

What's the best way to do continuous damage as HH?
On a trapped/KO'd/etc monster.

>Shogun Ceanataur in Generations
The easiest and most mindless fight he has ever had.
>I can kill apex savage deviljho and rajangs all day
Now explain how you have difficulty with a fight that he can't even hit you in. You're even using Adept, you have no excuse when even his dig gets countered.
He is only a step above Velocidrome because he has more health. All Shogun does is run at you and stagger when you stab him in the face a few times, then dig and miss you all day. I have still yet to ever get him to bleed me. At least Seregios could bleed me when I was new to the fight in 4U until I learned to not stand on the talon sparks.

Hey Doodle, come farm Hellblade Glavenus!

07-6494-1220-7919

0---

what are the best DBs for each element and why

>DB
>Element

>2 unsheathes does more damage than an aerial lvl 3

It's shit, mate.

what does hitting glowing spots on hyper monsters do? just more damage?

>3U babbies thinking they have any room to talk

Faster hunter art recharge

Which game has the best farm, and why is it P3rd?

so what do you guys think about hunter styles? do you want them in the next game?

I've seen time attacks with the hunting horn, best attack seems to be the swing backwards over your head move, I think that's x+a.

yes mr trips man, element

Note that the quest requires HR6 or above, Doodle!

>He didn't have a PSP in high school

Pretty much the JP script they are speaking like someone who knows English first, Japanese second. So it's rather 'broken' and 'trying too hard'. It's something that's trying to be Japanese, when they aren't really Japanese. So yes, as far as the translation goes, they got it rather correct for an EN equivalent.

Are there any drawfags around that would be willing to draw a Prinny Guildmarm for me?

>DB
>Element
>Any weapon at all in MHX
>Element

MHX is raw weapons: the game. 95% of weapon designs are wasted because they're useless

he's a fucking samurai cat, what do you expect

i assume the japanese version is very formal ye olden samurai speak

even if they translated everything straight people would still button through it all

>mr trips man

Do you even know what fucking trips are? you quoted an user.

More like Hellblade weapons

Consider me fucking enlightened. Thanks.

is the new Wii U monhun game an okay game to play alone
i'm a piece of shit using an SD card and interested in the game but i get a very strong 'don't touch without multiplayer' feel from these games
thanks

Hellblade > Dios > Element with raw and good sharpness > Pure raw
Water: Mizutsune or Plesioth, the former is earlier to start on and works well to farm Hellblade
Fire: Glavenus
Thunder: Astalos or Thunderlord
Ice: Snowbaron. Snow Sisters are good, but Snowbaron has the deviant effect of recharging your Wolf's Maw quicker and more sharpness
Dragon: This legitimately doesn't matter in this game because everything weak to dragon has another option to use
Blast: Hellblade, at which point you use Hellblade for everything until need an element for a hitzone you want to farm

Wrong. Element + raw outdamages pure raw. Hellblade isn't the "best" because of its fucking 200 raw, it's the best because of its 200 raw and blast plus deviant art recharge

dino weapons are so ugly though

Is the game fucking dead already or some shit? I can't find anyone to do anything in HR7. No key quests or anything.

It's basically just HR4-ish Mizutsune farming or some Deviant monsters.

witnessed

Is a perfect prowler:
Fighting type with piercing boomerang and big boomerang
And critical up (L) or earplugs, boomerang pro, and last stand?

>000
>not trips

>he didnt have a ps2 in elementary school
>he didnt spend his childhood gitting gud and slaying rathalos
fuck off casual scum

>He had a PSP in high school

crit small, earplugs and boomerang pro

you don't have enough slots for crit large and fight cat can't have last stand by default

When will Capcom start to breed monsters with each other? Like, Zinogios and stuff.

>Blast
>Element

Nice one. Blast has always been best in the games since 3U because it's literally just tacked on top of good raw damage, it's retarded

Blast isn't an element though, and elemental damage is fucking useless.

Maybe it's because the game has been out for a fucking week and even someone with 70 ingame hours like myself (which equals 10 hours of playtime a day) is only at HR5?
>Rush to HR7 like a retard
>WHY IS THERE NOONE TO PLAY WITH WAAAAAH

Kill yourself

I'm 3 star at the hunter's hub, and until just recently I didn't even know the Village had quests. I missed it.
What's the difference between the two?

no way she actually says that

The idea is that you use Critical (L) instead of Earplugs on monsters where Earplugs aren't necessary

>I didn't even know the Village had quests
This is some next level shittery.

But you can teach it to him, right?

Crit L and crit S stack, right?

village is offline mode, monsters don't have 2x regular health like in hub and gathering requirements aren't as gigantic
did you miss some text paragraphs or somethin?

I didn't say Blast was an element, I listed it because it's the best option for the weapon. I said it was the best. Elemental damage outdamages pure raw in this game and you're an idiot to think otherwise.
>Good raw damage
It's tacked onto 200 raw damage, that should have been giving you a hint of why pure raw isn't the "best" option. Elemental weapons hit 200 raw, too.

Pure raw does not beat element+raw. It literally only beats gimmick element weapons with single digit values, and the shitty options that drop a ton of raw in place of getting some element.

can't wait to see dem proofs

Apparently I did. I thought I read everything.
The hub has 2x fuckin' health on monsters? No wonder it took me a fucking year to kill anything when I first started out. I've been doing the hub quests solo, I figured since I was new to the game I wouldn't bother doing it online.

L and S stacks

and you can only teach one skill

Meaning it's either Last Stand or World's Strongest.

Monsters that can't roar are always insignificant shit like Kut Ku and Lagombi anyway.

Bherna Gal's yawns are too lewd. It sounds like she's cumming. No one yawns like that.

I just want you to know that I appreciate this post.

Grimclaw duals have just 200 raw and natural white. Fucking Snowbaron duals have 200 raw. The only advantage grimclaw offers over Snowbaron in this case is the sharpness, not the damage from raw

Is this true?

>he doesn't like Neko (means "Cat")

Kys (means "kill yourself").

Good hunting Tiddies and May. Few rough spots but we got it. See ya 'round

Also loves how Nakarkos goes NUCLEAR BOMB when he dies

How do i hunt deviants? Once I kill one the quest updates it's level until I kill 10 of them?

Dios DB are shit to be quite honest famalam.

Where's the farm?

is the tetsu set similiar in gen to what it was in 4u?
using a complete mix of shit right now cause ive had nothing good so far in 2 star quests but i might try and farm the hub hunts for the tetsu set if its decent for blademaster

So it's
Boomerang pro, Crit L (or Earplugs), and last stand before world's strongest comes out
And
Boomerang pro, crit S, crit L (or earplugs) and world's strongest after?

Is there any crazy nonsense with specifying target monster preferences affecting your chances of getting cats with certain skills?

They're merely inferior to Hellblade. As an all around option, if someone didn't want to keep swapping, Dios work. They're sure as heck better than pure raw.

>I'm too retarded to look at the skills myself and then decide whether or not it's worth crafting
>Nothing good so far in 2 Star Quest
>Completely ignores attack up sets like Bulldrome and Jaggi

S H I T T E R A L E R T
H
I
T
T
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

what farm? you mean the one that was discontinued in gen 4 in favour of a duping menu?

>there's only one mission with Hyper Rathalos
>it's a 3 monster quest

Fucking seriously?

Also, what's the minimum hunter rank restriction for the Akantor quest? I want Rathalos R and Akantor R as soon as now

I haven't been able to find any cats to hire that have emergency escape or Poison Purr-ison that haven't been innate. Do they even come like that or do I have to have my search options set to something specific?

>Dios Blades
>Better than Seregios

Oh you're one of those retards who only looks at the damage numbers and completely ignores the fact that you will have to sharpen the fucking Dios blades every 10 hits which makes you lose out on way more damge than the measly blast on it could ever make up for.

>you mean the one that was discontinued in gen 4 in favour of a duping menu?
Oh, so it really is just the merchant cat now

Well that's no fun

Nah 3u is solo friendly

>unlock snowbaron
>figure why not give it a try
>mfw getting tapped even a single time in my jaggi bulldrome mix
>mfw oneshot by him throwing a planet of ice
i guess i'm meant to take this thing on around late LR?

>shitter alert
yes and? i realise im a shitter in this fucking game otherwise i wouldnt be asking
cause i dont fucking know what skills are good for what weapons with the limited time that ive played 4u
and fuck off the jaggi set is basically the same as using the store armor and just having killed the bulldrome i cant craft the set for it