Lexus NX vs Volvo XC60 vs Volvo XC70

Hey folks,

This should be the last time I make this thread. But I've finally narrowed down my options for a new comfy car. I need something that'll work great for my disabled sorry self, rides soft, has comfortable seating, and won't be as awful for Houston roads as my current Camry XLE.

Does anybody have experience with these things? I know Veeky Forums typically hates crossovers, but I'm getting this for medical purposes.

I test drove a Lexus IS350 and ES350 and both were very difficult to get in and out of. We had to go home before testing the NX out.

I'm also considering taking a look at the Toyota Rav4. I've heard that these things ride soft, but I don't know how true this is.

Coming from a family who has primarily driven Toyotas and Lexuses, I like them. They've always taken us to 250k+ miles easily.

>So fucked up he's considering buying a crossover
Honestly it's probably time to just kill yourself.
At that point, why live?

Because I don't let Veeky Forums memes rule my life.

I have recent experience with the XC90, it's fucking gorgeous and feels great. Don't know any of the others and crossovers are sort of gay tbqh f.am

Only issue is the XC90 is just out of my price range.

That said, how was it?

But we could all use more memes in our life, OP.

But crossovers are boring and you can get something fun that rides good if you get a full size sedan for 30k vs spending 30k on something you won't like

But what if there is no life, only memes? What if our entire existence is a meme, a computer program that thinks it's alive?

Problem with sedans is getting in and out of them. Because they ride low, I have a difficulty doing that. Especially after long car rides, I feel like I'm being stabbed when I get out.

None. These are boring crossovers. Are you a woman?

Then get a new ford explorer if you need a small those things are nice

No.

I was originally going to get a Ford Fiesta ST, but the test drive whooped my ass. Same with a Civic Si, Subaru BRZ, Subaru Impreza, and a couple others.

Those are a glorified minivan. Don't tell op to get one.

Small suv

Then harden the fuck up. You think life is easy?
You want to waste initial money, then insurance and fuel money and then resale value all while having a shittier driving experience all to solve, what? A little bit of effort getting into and out of the car?

You'll have the same problem if you ever go for a long car ride in a crossover, too, nigga.

Go test drive some large sedans, these days they're generally pretty tall anyway. Look at the taurus, it's taller than most SUVs anyway.

Ecoboost Flex/MKT. Used.

When you feel like you're being stabbed in the back for doing basic activities, come back to me.

I used to be an outdoorsman, and even had a goal set to complete the Appalachian Trail by the end of 2015 but that got set aside by pilonidal cysts and nerve damage post car-accisent.

>resale value
Why does this matter if I'm not selling it? I plan to keep the car until it dies.

>fuel money
Oh boo hoo, I have to spend a couple extra dollars per fill-up when gas prices are absurdly low.

And yes, getting in and out of a car easier is something that does matter to me. It's not just that, but softer ride quality as well.

Crossovers universally ride like shit.
>when gas prices are absurdly low
Because as history has shown, they will always stay this way. Always.

Since I seem to be tingling some people's autism

How are modern trucks for this sort of thing? One suggestion my pain management doctor said was a Toyota Tacoma or Chebby Colorado.

Even if they go back to $4/gal like they were in 2008, I can afford it. Gas mileage is a nice bonus, but not really a main focus for me.

Given the cars I've been looking at (primarily premium/luxury CUVs and sedans), gas mileage isn't always their strong suit.

Doesn't change the fact that crossovers and SUVs ride like ass.
Trust me on this, i've been in and driven tons of them. You're much better off with a known comfy sedan.

The weight and height works against them, they need to be stiff in order to not fall over. Large sedans don't have this problem.

In that case what are some super comfy sedans? I was looking at the Volvo S60/V60, also still considering the IS250/350, ES, and whatever that hatchback I saw at the Lexus dealer was.

Stop looking so small and new, go test drive an LS430 and an E38 7 series, see how they feel.

Get a used S80. Not much more expensive than a S60 and it's nicer.

The car is going to be within the past 3 or 4 years. I'm especially not going to get an older model BMW simply because repair costs are fucking abysmal. I already dealt with owning an E46 M3 and that thing was riddled with problems. If I did get a new BMW it would have to be under factory or certified pre-owned warranty.

Will consider it, though there aren't many in my area. There's a 2014 with 30k miles on it for $20k nearby, but the rest of them are 10+ years old or have lots of miles on them.

That's because E46 are shit.
E38/E39 are the newest BMWs you should ever touch.

Drive until you find one then.

I work for Lexus and have a 2015 NX as a company car. They are a really smooth ride, they are fairly rigid for what in is in the class since it wants to compete with the X3 and mercedes at the same time. It has all the power it needs and I average 29 MPG kepe in mind mind is the fsport but the hybrid and regular ones are smooth. The fit and finish is amazing, the center console looks a bit clustered and the track pad mouse kinda sucks to get used too. I like it, a lot of people who drive it don't. Another thing to consider with the NX is the door panel is plasticy so when you're getting in and out of it for medical issues and kick it. It won't ding or damage anything of value. The Rav4 and NX Share the same platform but only have the size in common. I prefer the NX feature wise, but the RAV is ergonomically much more logical plus it drives a bit smoother and the engine is n/a. The 2.0t the NX has is a nice engine but it is new. I expect problems down the line given Lexus track records with new engines. There are already rumors of turbo wastegate issues on high mile early production ones. You can get pretty much every feature the NX has on the RAV and not pay the Lexus premium but that premium does offer the Lexus service which is top notch. Another thing to consider is the new RX350, it has some great features standard. is amazingly comfy and the price isn't that bad. I'm in love with it. As for the volvo, I have only driven the new XC90 which is a god machine with an engine I imagine will blow up before 50k miles. If you have any questions, I will help as best I can. I am pretty well versed in the Toyota line up and can tell you damn near anything on the NX. Ignore the crossover dank memers. They are bland and boring as fuck, but for medical issues and something reliable for point A to B appliances. Toyota/Lexus makes some bomb ass ones.

Thanks pham

Few questions if you don't mind.

>How does the interior of the Rav4 SE w/Vinyl(?) seats compare to the vinyl or leather seats in the NX? Is there any considerable amount of support more in the NX than in the Rav4?
>How is the ride/general feel of the CT-H? Is it as comfy as the IS or ES or does it feel considerable worse/better?
>Do you have any experience with the new Tacoma? I was also considering mid-sized trucks since I wanted to get back into hunting/outdoors activities now that I'm in pain management and physical therapy. Are the seats comfy, or does it have a substantially stiffer suspension than the Rav4/NX?
>Of the whole lineup, what car, crossover, or truck would fit the bill the best for me with my personal issues?

I appreciate your help where possible. I'm going out to the Toyota/Lexus dealership again hopefully within the next couple weeks.

My parents used to have a XC60, XC70, and they currently have a XC90 All of themare very comfy but I think the 60 would be better. Its a little higher and they had a tons of problems with the XC70.

I have an xc90. it's really nice

don't you die on me

:3

Sorry I work 12 hour days so I don't get to check this much.

The interior vinyl of the rav isn't that bad. Again it is just little things like the attention to detail that the lexus trumps the rav. As a whole they are both pretty dam supportive. But the NX in higher trim levels have actual leather. most trims on the NX have "NULUX" which is pretty much just like leather. You wouldn't know unless they say plus it is easier to clean. They both support well, but the NX is fairly firm. Honestly try them both. FInd a lexus dealer with a used RAV and back to back drive em if possible.

The CT is not comfy by any means it is a really nice prius with "sporty" ride. meaning all the bumpy and none of the good handling it is loud, the ride hight is odd and the thing is just blind spots. that being said it is smooth as hell, slow and 50mpg with no effort. The ES is a really nice Avalon with a different and much softer suspension. The IS is really sporty but actually handles well, get a 350 or don't bother getting one at all.

The new Tacoma is "comfy" but if that is what you want/ Get a tundra. They are American truck tier cpmfy but actually reliable. And dealerships are literally giving them a way because everyone goes big 3. But don't get something midsize because they are firm as hell and you feel everything. expecially in the new Tacoma. That being said the 4runner is smooth as silk and rides really nice when equipt with KDSS.

With everything you're describing your ass needs to set aside a day at a lexus or Toyota dealership and pick. But if you want my recommendation, a decently loaded AWD NX, a base model RX350 would fit the bill best. But consider a Tundra. If you wanna save some mad dosh, go with a loaded RAV and get all the lexus features without the badge.

Pickup trucks will be a bit more rough. Newer SUVs like Explorers and Grand Cherokees are really settled on the road despite what other anons say. They may be closer to minivans but the 4wd still works well for that 0.05% of the time when you need it.

user below saying SUVs drive like shit probably hasn't driven one made after 2005. The unibody design makes them ride much more like a sedan on the road. They finally figured out that people are using their Tahoes and Explorers to go to the grocery store more often than the trails. Pickup trucks are still pretty stiff though.