Parking

Do you park nose in or do you back in?

Back-in master race reporting.

Seems pretty stupid to park nose in desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egsdc7tZ_xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anyone who parks nose in is either a soccer mom or a fucking idiot

Nose in. Don't really see the point of backing in most of the time.

It takes longer to back into a spot than to back out. It's so fucking stupid to back in.

Unless you're driving a truck and trying to fit into a tight spot.

The only time I'll back in is when I have to load my car for a trip. Or a work van to a loading zone. Other than that, why bother?

/thread

Why would I be driving a truck somewhere with small spaces? Do you take a truck to the fucking shopping mall or grocers?

This. I don't think it's stupid to back in necessarily but it takes just as long or longer.

Always park back in for those rapid get aways.

Some people drive trucks, so I was just adding a disclaimer to your statement. Don't overthink it.

Backing in almost all the time.

Pros:

>more maneuverable
>easier to pull out
>back-up camera makes it easy

Cons:
>takes a little longer and can confuse drivers around you (most american drivers are nose-in plebs)
>back-up camera lens can get dirty

When I lived in Japan, I noticed that almost invariably people would back in to park. Pretty much a necessity I guess when there is so little room to park.

In the U.S., there is a lot more space to maneuver, and so parking nose-in seems to be the default

so it continues

>Americans do things the retarded way

SUPERIOR NIPPON PARKING

No it's the easy way, why over complicate something for the sake of over complicating something that serves no purpose.

is it sideways parking? nose in
is it easy to back in ? back in
is shit fucked up and a terrible parking lot? leave

Always park nose in for epic 180's

I daily drive a 1971 Cutlass with a huge front end so it's best to just back into spots.

I back in a good 90% of the time because everywhere i go, there's stupid concrete slabs at the bottom of the parking spot that scare the shit out of me, eventhough i know the dimentions of my car.

My car doesn't clear them, and it's not even lowered.

Anyone else notice how normies touch the concrete slabs with their front tires when they park. I see it all the time and cars just barely have enough clearance or rub on them.

yeah, i mean i wouldn't mind nudging them if i had a truck which cleared them easily, but in a normal car i'd be terrified of tearing the front bumper off when backing out. I've seen it happen multiple times here

I think they use it as an indication that they're completely in the spot. I see no problem if they have good clearance over it.
>have concrete pillars instead of slabs where I work
>customers come in pissed all the time because they end up pulling too far into them
Not my fault you're a fucking idiot

I have to reverse in

My car (truck kek) is a pain in the ass to park anywhere

>There's less room to park
>BETTER BACK IN SO THAT I HAVE LESS CONTROL WHILE MANEUVERING IN THIS TIGHT SPACE

back in

parking lot in the office has high as fuck gutters, it's like they want you to back in.

doesnt help my car has a fucking bodykit and has low ground clearance when nosing in.

could it be that it's much easier to park back in with rhd vehicles?

It depends largely on time and geometry of the parking spot. If I'm arriving at work/school, and time's short, nose in. If I'm getting back to my apartment's parking lot, I'll back up. Backing up has no real benefits, beyond probably a bit more clearance for some concrete stops and better visibility when leaving. The time gained when leaving is insignificant if you also have to wait for the engine to warm up a bit (no getting in and quickly driving off).

I've lately grown quite fond of angled parking.
is that in Ann Arbor?
I think I recognize that z4 and parking structure.

>never really thought too much about parking until i started driving a service van

Now i usually make sure i can back in whenever possible. it still sucks getting out if its a packed lot but at least you can see wtf is in front of you.

STFU idiot. You haven't got the skills to back into a space and make someone stop for you everytime you back out.
Git gud or deal with it.

If you back in you can edge out and wait for a gap and go quickly

parallel parking downtown or at all at busy shopping malls is awful, people just don't realize that you cant see them if they're directly behind you.

You have more manouvrability when backing up dumb cunt.
Ever tried parallel parking headfirst into a tight spot? Yeah probably not

> back into a space and make someone stop for you everytime you back out.
wat ?
do you have reading comprehension issues ? you just argued my point.

Yo is that a bmw z3-4? How do they do on maintenance? How much has it cost you to keep the car running? Planning on getting one soon

I hate faggots that back in when people are waiting behind them to park. Just pull in asshat and let everyone through!

dem truck feels

So you can't wait 3 seconds to let someone park but don't give a shit if someone backs out in front of you making you slam on the brakes.
k

People don't back out in front of you because they don't want to get rekt. They wait, then back out.. What stupid ass country are you from? India?

Also:
>3 seconds
LOL no.
I think from now on I'm just going to pull right up behind them so they can't back in.

Yeah fucking sure.
You can't see shit when backing out unless you're in a tall vehicle and if you live somewhere like murrica where everyone drives trucks and SUVs then you can't see shit when backing out.

No one wants to run into the back of another vehicle which is why a reversing car makes people stop almost all the time. Pull out of a space going forwards right in front of someone and chances are they'll beep at you

That's all it takes for people around here.

Sure go ahead and do that. You're just wasting your own time. I wouldn't budge until you backed up again

Some fuckwits driving long vehicles can't even pull in forwards into a space in one motion. I had to wait like 10 seconds today for a Hilux to back up then attempt going in again.

Why would I back up again when I never backed up once in the first place. Also, people can see when they back up out of a parking spot, it's fucking simple. You back out slowly and check for cars. If on is coming and you have not left him room to pass, you pull back in.
This shit is on your diving test homo and it's not difficult.

this

It takes longer to back out of a spot than just leave.

>back out slowly and check for cars
Yeah unless you're driving a Jaguar e-type more than half your car will be out on the road before you can see anything.

Responsible drivers will already have slowed down in anticipation of you reversing all the way out. Here in ausfailia we parallel park on our driving test

>car will be out on the road before you can see anything.
Then you pull back in and let them pass. Stop making me repeat myself faggot. Go lick your wounds. I hope you never get a drivers license. We have enough cunts out there as it is.

>Pull back in and let them pass
jej
If you knew how to reverse into a space you wouldnt have to fuck around like that. I've been a licenced driver for over 10 years. Got over 150 000 kays under my belt

Nose in so I can get to my hatch and put stuff in it

Yeh some places I have to do this.
Even backed in once before realising, then reparked.

My parking space is next to the wall, so I back in to put the passenger side up against it. More room for me and the guy in the next space (who parks head in) to get out.

In parking lots I usually park head in. Most of them are angled spaces with one-way aisles anyway.

Nose in if I'm parking in front of a restaurant. Back-in always.

Head first because people keep stealing my goddamn spot when I go to back in

youtube.com/watch?v=egsdc7tZ_xc
>Them giggles after he goes "That's the way I park!"

I can see oncoming earlier if I park nose first.
Miata got a short ass.
Parked nose out with my Stagea, though. She had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge ass.

Sheeit.
Parking lots are the worst. Some little Jewish lady got mad after I looked at her funny for pulling in head first when I was backing in. She goes "WhaaaAAAaaaaat????"
From then on, nose in in lots. fuck 'em.

>10 seconds
woah

lol
Here in civilised countries we indicate next to a space, then drive forward and park. No one tries to steal it. A small percentage of people do creep forward too much in their automatics before they realise what's happening so they have to back up to let you park.

>10 years
>150k
woah thats like 15k a year dude!

>driving 5 years
>probably done 200-250k

Granted there wasnt that much space and there was like 10 cm between his tray and the car behind him as he was backing up. No backup cameras in them.

>old jewish women
>civilized
m8

All city. Fuck all highway miles.
Plenty of time behind the wheel I can assure you

I back in and stop angled in the direction I intend to leave when pragmatic. My car is compact and stays at least six inches from each line (amerifat parking spots)

It triggers people's autism

always back in. Reverse steering has more degrees of freedom.

Back into spaces, or pull through.

Nose in my garage though, I have to park on a certain side because of my water heater.

>hilux
>long

Pick one.

I back in when I can, though every damn time Im doing it with someone behind me they try steal the park.

How's being legally blind think you need glasses

My condominium association tows anyone who backs in

Half way out my ass stop using just your mirriors fuck face

>What is texas

Not really.
Anybody who doesn't back a coupe in is asking for trouble. Always back in.

Do they give a reason why? I've seen other places with "do not back in" signs and have always wondered what the problem is.

That's fine. We're not going anywhere.

>no highway, gravel road or off-road miles

I'm sorry for you loss.

Every where I work has a back in only policy so I've gotten used to it. My girlfriend doesn't understand it, but in a crew cab long box truck it's easier to come out of a spot forward than backwards.

Lol, when I had an E46 I would initially park backwards for this specific reason.

Or when they're puling up o it and they hit it hard and they start bouncing around in their car because of the sudden stop

I very much doubt that

depends on what the sign lets me do.

>being this retarded

I found two things in that pic.
>a Rolls Royce parked inside
>is that a man with a big horny dick on that board?

Yup

Cars steer with their front wheels which means they rotate around the rear ones. By backing in you are putting the pivot point closer to the entry of the parking space. It helps in close-in spaces. The downside is that it takes longer, people think you're passing the spot, and it is harder to see what you're doing.

They're cheaper to maintain than the equivalent 3 series of the time, as they have little to go wrong with them besides the engine cooling system and rear subframe spotwelds that apply to all e36 and early e46.

Interior isn't upto 3 series standards, and isn't much better in the Z4.

I usually just nigger park.
Meaning I go through one spot to the other side so I end up front facing out.
Hate reversing with stickshift. Fuck that shit

I work at the front of a busy shopping center with narrow lanes, so when I park in front I always nose in because it's always too busy to attempt to back-in. once you're passed the spot, you give it up.

In the back it's a ghost town so I just pull through.

At home, always back-in. So, when given the opportunity, back-in.

Certain states have no front license plate, so if you back in you cant see it.
Besides, most of the time it holds up the line. (If there is one)

nose in

when you drag the body you need quick access to the trunk

I used to nose-in a lot when I lived in IL with sane drivers.

I back in to every single spot since I moved to Florida though. Florida parking lots have a 45mph speed limit. It was only 10mph in the Midwest.

I even back my truck in most places, even if it would be easier to nose in and back out.

I disagree, it's way faster for me to back my car into a spot and leave straight out. If I'm reversing out of a given parking spot (remember, Florida drivers are AWFUL) I end up having to creep out super slow until I can finally see.

I also know how to drive so I will reverse into a spot faster than the average woman will nose in.

The fuck is this shit

That's just really fucking pretentious

The only way nose out is faster, at all, is if you pull through to the other side so you can drive straight out when you leave. Otherwise, it is not at all faster to park nose in, or nose out. Both methods lose time while moving in reverse.

Nice V6 OP, master race indeed.

Fuck it. I pull through and walk a little further.

In a garage I pull in. Usually I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and can't be bothered to fuck around backing in. When I'm leaving I usually have more time. Otherwise is 6 one, half dozen the other.

It's a rental while I'm in California

:^)

I know your pain. I have a rental in VA right now, it's a Fiat 500x (the AWD small SUV thing).

nose in if i'm shopping for lots of stuff.. back in any other time

>people who back in a costco then struggle when it's time to load the car

i work as a valet, always back them into open spots at home i always did the same but since i lowered my car i have to back out so i dont scrape

Oh god gross

I forgot how fuckhuge these Challengers are, it's ridiculous