Be honest about the golf r

be honest about the golf r

What do you think?

very small sporty little car, drives exactly how I expected it to. Very rigid and smooth driving.

is this car comfy?

I have one in my garage (it's my dad's)

Pretty fun to drive, beats my STi every time, but it's a lot less visceral to drive, especially if it's an auto. I would honestly buy a Mustang GT or a Challenger Scat pack with $40k

>really good
>too expensive
It's a little beast , but for the money , you could get ether some really good , brand new RWD cars , or you could buy something really special second hand

i'd kill for a golf r , but with 40k you can get a second hand RS5 FFS an that thing has a 4.2l V8 pushing 450Hp . And the RS5 isn't even close to the best choice , i just like the mad exhaust note it has .

Ye , it gets adaptive dampers that actually work .
>too bad there will never be a euro car with magnetic dampers tho

if i wanted to drive something that looks like a golf, i'd buy a golf

>hurr durr sleeper

faster than a mustang

It has magnetic dampers as an option.

no manual option

More adult than a STI. Massive gains with a ECU reflash. Not as fun as the previous generation Golf .:R.

coulda had a V8.

If the diesel scandal hadn't happened we would have gotten the r400 in production.

Don't like it. Felt like 200HP, sound is way too artificial and it looks like a normal Golf.

What would you get instead?

Looking like a normal golf is good. It's a sleeper. Youre still in your boyracer phase.

is this car comfortable?

No we wouldn't have.

>AWD
>looks like a poverty spec golf
>3300lb
>less than 300hp
>37k
Why does it even exist in 2016?

Too expensive for what it is.

vw employee here. what i can tell you:
>expensive to buy
>expensive to maintain
>not as fast as i expected it to be
>turbo lag
wouldn't buy

Took one for a test drive. Very fun to drive. Fast. Very german and serious. The interior is veerrry nice. Comfortable for tall people. Looks boring. It was too expensive so I bought a WRX,

>turbo lag

The turbo is tiny and spools near instantly, you have more throttle lag from the drive by wire system than turbo lag.

Put a GT30 or similar size turbo on it and you will know what lag is.

Expensive for what it is, despite the sportiest trim it still looks like a $20k base Golf.

Mk6 owner here. Can't speak on the new one because we really only get them in if they are sold. Mine is just fine though. Comfy and quite enough on trips. Just went from Pittsburgh to new Orleans and got 29 mpgs (calculated not onboard computer although it was pretty on point). Thing is it's not as fast as you want it to be.

>it's not as fast as you want it to be
What'd you expect? 0-60 in 2.9?

Doesn't the Audi TT have magnetic dampers?

Golf VI R looks so much cooler than the VII.

When I test drove the VI GTI, the sales rep talked me out of the R and I got the GTI instead.

I had a lot of fun in the GTI, but I always regretted not getting the R, because I think it would have handled the extra torques after ECU remapping better than the GTI did.

I can't wait to trade in my Evo 9 for one. Looks like it's gonna be a fantastic upgrade for a daily driver.

>Expensive to maintain

In what way?

>VAG
I think it's shit.

>trade in an Evo 9 for a hopped up AWD golf

what do yall think of these?
i just saw one today
the back window is kinda weird tho

I don't see the point in paying that much.
I guess if I were a family man with kids or something it would make sense.

>mmuh rwd

Are you retarded?I would totally get one, next year... People are paying well over sticker price and in my area as well as most, they're pretty rare so not a lot of options more of a you get what you get. I test drove the GTI because they did not have any Rs available and I've heard the GTI is more bang for the buck than the R. The R is pretty expensive and they say it's not much more car than the GTI. The interiors are basically identical. Which isn't a bad thing. They feel like a very comfy spaceship. Very sleek and welcoming at the same time. I test drove the fiesta ST and it felt like a typical modern car with its huge dash and crumple zones. The Golf (insert trim here) feels like a sturdy but light luxury car. I thought it was very refined. Only test drove will a dealer so I didn't haul ass or anything. The stock metal pedals were extremely slippery and uncomfortable because it was raining outside and my shoes were wet. But I really want to switch from my luxobarge to a GTI.

i fucking love them

>buying a poor mans audi
lol

MK7 R owner and I absolutely love the car. Anything specific you wanted to know?

I'm op

yes. worth it over gti? what else did you consider for your purchase? what sealed the deal? what about no sunroof, is that a drag? is it comfortable? is the ride smooth? is there much lag like they say? I'm also considering a gla 45 amg (for 45k).
What do you dislike most about the r?