/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #511 - Party aftermath Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eI4hsOTQZME
youtube.com/watch?v=NiB2fA6F1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=_cB3HXVvm0g
youtube.com/watch?v=lIhirO51TgY
twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/756757426263748608
youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio
youtube.com/watch?v=vGNeRMJnoBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>News/Developmentsno Sonic Mania
>no Sonic 2017 trailer
>no Lego Sonic trailer

Eh I'll fix it by next thread

3rd for Sonic's new friend

what a time to be alive

youtube.com/watch?v=eI4hsOTQZME
Best game since S3&K incoming?

New issue storytime?

Best 2D Sonic game since S3&K

My dick has calmed but my heart still beats wildly. Literally LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION

Guess there's a first time for everything

>That pinned Taxman tweet

This is the worst day to be a sonic fan in a long time

Far from it

>no 25th anniversary game
>two games coming next year
>both are made to cater to the youtube lets play crowd
>sonic being pimped out as a merchendising cashin like Looney Tunes in the 90s
>every game between 1998 and 2010 basically erased from the franchise
>totinos nachos

Had to sleep after Crush 40 set. Was about 4am.
Seen the new 3D Sanic game trailer - not bad.

Did I miss anything else?
Did Game Gramps make an appearance?
Did Tails get his own game announced?

So are Pontac and Graff working on the 2017 Project?

>>every game between 1998 and 2010 basically erased from the franchise
and nothing of value was lost

It's pretty late to be fishing my man but here, for (You).

Dear god please no.

How the hell do both those games even cater towards such a thing? One's a throwback game with fresh levels and music. The other being yet another mainline Sonic game we usually get. What's so different about it now?

Also, Sonic was always pushed with merch back in the 90s. Did you forget all those products he endorsed back then? All the sponserships?

I can only be truly excited for the new game if I know for sure that those two aren't writing it.

Since they just wrote Fire and Ice, there's a chance they didn't work on this one, but you never know.

>The other being yet another mainline Sonic game we usually get.

its literally Generations 2. You know, the thing they said they weren't going to do again?

They confirmed it's not a sequel but it's hard not making the comparison. Besides, the only thing connecting the two is Classic Sonic being along for the ride again. The world and levels I assume are going to be original and not remakes of past levels.

It's a game celebrating a new era, unlike Generations which celebrated three old eras. There's no remade levels, just new ones, as far as we know.

It's as much of a Generations 2 as it could be Sonic 5, Unleashed 2, or even Adventure 3.

I want the guys who did Unleashed/Black Knight or even settle for the usual Ian meme. Until then JUST

Did we get a date for Sonic Boom S2?

>It's a game celebrating a new era, unlike Generations which celebrated three old eras.

Fucking look at the cast dude. It's a game jerking off Classic Sonic again.

>There's no remade levels, just new ones
We know literally nothing of the sort. What we do know is that it's a teamup of Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic, and the first (and only) game to do that was Generations.

>It's as much of a Generations 2 as it could be Sonic 5, Unleashed 2, or even Adventure 3.
Now you're talking out of your ass. That's like saying Sonic Unleashed is Tails Sky Patrol 2. It's a Modern/Classic teamup. It's Generations 2.

>It's Generations 2.
Just like 06 is Adventure 3, amirite? AM I?!

Sonic Unleashed was Sonic going around hub-worlds to gather Maguffins across the map and beating Eggman and his Monster gone wild but you wouldn't say it was Adventure 3.

I'm glad they're doing it Modern and Classic again, I've got my hopes up for either Boom Sonic (Done well) or Dreamcast Sonic, but marketing for Generations 1 was all to do with retro places and familiar levels, this teaser looks new.

If another trailer comes out and it's a barebones story with classic levels and jerking off nostalgia (so not just using classic Sonic as a 2d man) THEN your arguments would be fair.

Let's just wait and see.

>it's a barebones story with classic levels and jerking off nostalgia (so not just using classic Sonic as a 2d man)

but you and I both know that's exactly what it will be. That's what EVERY Sonic game has been post-Unleashed.

There's rumours the writers of those games has moved on to Boom.

And the fact we've got Sonic looking angry at the town's destruction and Eggmechs that don't look like Eggman's design is at least setting up a narrative, something that no other teaser for mainline Sonic has done since possibly Unleashed.

>Let's make a good game again. What did we do right the last few times?
>Well, we did Generations, Colours, and Unleashed, which were all pretty good.
>So Classic Sonic, Wisps, and the "Werehog." Each was a gimmick that slowed the game down from the Boost gameplay's speeds.
>Fans seemed to like Classic Sonic as a character, too, we should do that again!

There needs to be something to complement the Modern gameplay, so that the game doesn't end too fast.

And we do know the game will be new, just read about what was said by Iizuka at the event. It's a brand new experience and is not a sequel. A new experience certainly implies new levels, and the fact that it isn't a sequel should only make that sound more likely.

And again, the idea of slowing the game down has existed since the initial idea behind Boost gameplay was introduced in Unleashed.

>Unleashed was about travelling the world and saving it from Eggman as two different forms of Sonic
>Adventure was about Sonic and his friends saving the world from Eggman's schemes
Classic Sonic as a concept is really no different from either the Werehog or the idea of a new "buddy" for Sonic. Classic Sonic is the new Tails of Blaze.

>If the 2017 Project is Generations simply because Classic Sonic is present, then surely this is Sonic 5 because Classic Sonic and the Death Egg Robot is present.
That's as far as I can take this logic. It's retarded, but that's my point: your logic makes sense, but it's wrong here.

>the new God of War game is a Batman and Robin game because it's about how one man has to train his child into being capable of doing what he does, but both the child and father learn how to be better people from each other.

We all make surface level observations, and it's not that thinking this game is Generations 2 is insane, but it's actually not a sequel to that game.

Now that the dust has settled,

WHAT SHOULD I DRAW

Sonic x Hello Kitty.

>Make Sonic game featuring teams of three characters with different abilities and formation switching
>Don't call it Sonic Heroes
>pretend it has nothing to do with Heroes because the name is different

nah. It's rehashing the same gimmick in the same way. It's Generations 2.

hips

I need to see what casted that shadow please

Draw thicc

Ummm, I wanna say...Clove?

It has literally only the Modern and Classic thing being shown in one teaser.
It might not even be Classic and Modern going through the same levels.
It might not even be previous levels.
There might be more characters to play as.

I mean the similarities to Gens are there which is why Iizuka stressed about it not being a sequel, but we've had what, 40 seconds of pre-rendered cut-scenes, it's a bit early to call it out.

>Go to sleep
>Wake up
>2 sonic games announced
>A romhack "Generations Megamix" and Generations 2
>Everyone is pissed

How good/bad was the stream?

Obviously.

Pixiv, mods around here don't like healthy girls in light clothes if non human.

Who?

One of the few good reboot things.

/jp/sie here
I'll admit that Sonic was my childhood, so can someone please explain to me what the fuck is going on?

Fucking awful. Konami 2010 bad.

#totinosnachos

please taxman please
i'd give three toes for Spring Yard Zone, Mystic Cave Zone, Metropolis Zone, Hydrocity Zone, Flying Battery Zone and Wacky Workbench to be represented in Sonic Mania

>AHAHAHAHA Mania and Project 2017 not coming for memetendo
Its fucking perfect

>everyone is pissed
Well, some people. I'm happy.
And it's not Generations 2 as such, Iizuka stressed it wasn't a sequel, but they're gonna have to back that up at some point.

The Stream was memorable.

Good
>Crush 40, Johnny and Jun giving it 100% effort
>Mania reactions
>Mania and New Sonic
>Aaron obviously put a lot of effort into this
>taxman's hair

Bad
>Iizuka, Sonic Adventure 3 ever?
>"I want to but currently no plans"
>Sega appeals to SA2 fans by fucking up the whole audio of the stream
>BZZZZZZZZZZ
>Testing 1 2
>Presenters who fucked up
>BZZZZZZZZZZ
>Tochinos paid for this event and they make sure you know it

>Project 2017 not coming for memetendo

Check the trailer again.

Thanks, nice cameltoe

>couldnt watch the stream because it was at fucking 2AM in your timezone
>wake up
>NEW CLASSIC 2D GAME
>GENERATIONS 2
>missed all the hype
>and all because of my wagecuck job
K I L L M E

>GENERATIONS 2
It's not a Sequel

I didn't watch the stream fuckhead, only now saw the trailers

At least you have a job user

Sonic is getting killed like Megaman

Is there going to be a collector's edition?

>Jim Sterling thinks this tops Konami's fuckup of an E3
>laughing to himself on a video he showed about it

Like, the stream had it's moments and some of it was cringey, but let's be honest, With Mania, New Game, Crush 40 Live and Aaron trying his damned hardest to get Iizuka to see fans would pay out the ass for an Adventure 3, it was overall pretty fucking great.

Who gives a fuck what he thinks?

>Jim Sterling

>youtubers
No one cares, nor should you.

He's a click baiter, you fuck.

Only worthwhile thing I've ever seen out of him was his Fragile Dreams review.

People on /v/ keep on posting it.
And unfortunately Jim has his fans like Arin who spout shit like Sonic was never good.

Oh well, in the unlikely but possible chance that Fire and Ice is good, we might have 3 good Sonic games in the space of a year.
Which'll be fucking grand.

Just woke up, staying up to 6am is killing me.

Everything about Mania looks hype. Can't wait.
Hopefully they have some demo stations at SoS or something.

Disappointed that the 2017 game is another Classic/Modern Sonic game but I guess Sonic Team need to play as safe as they can after recent game so it makes sense to do something that works.

Crush 40 are the best.

The stream quality and organisation was an actual clusterfuck and everyone involved should be ashamed.

7/10 it's okay. Thanks, mememan.
Props to the Mania trailer music
youtube.com/watch?v=_cB3HXVvm0g

>People on /v/ keep on posting it.
So?

The 'Sonic was never good' meme isn't going to affect you or the games that we know are good so don't let it get to you.

>/v/

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

Anyone have a photo of the classic Amy cosplay from last night's party? She was cute as fuck.

Anyone else is getting Socket vibes from Mania?

youtube.com/watch?v=lIhirO51TgY

Oh thank God it wasn't just me.

It's because Studiopolis is super 80's.

This is my favorite anniversary guys
>Christian Whitehead making a legit NEW 2d game
>Jun blowing his fingers and Jon blowing his throat non stop
>Sonic's greatest hits revisited singer even stole the mic for 3 seconds
>Twitter guy is pretty cool and even asked about SA3
>Sonic costume is so hard to move in the guy in it needed help to walk
>The Voice Actors of boom are pretty chill, Cubot's VA has a pretty awesome range.
>NACHOSNACHOSNACHOSNACHOS
>That fucking cock tease of an ending with the new game
Staying up till 7 am never felt so good.

I've been listening to the Stuidiopolis music for over an hour straight, somebody help.

Link it buddy, I want to jam too

>3 more reasons to Buy an NX even though Sanic is Multiplat.

twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/756757426263748608

Only extension I found so far is 15 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

>Implying NX won't be watered down version

AWW YEAH cant wait for 720p and 20fps

Multiplat aren't reasons to buy a specific system. Especially if you already have a good PC and the games are coming there.

>it's coming to PC, 3 more reasons to not touch any of the consoles

I'm suprised this sounds like sonic cd and not le classic genesis

>looks like CD
>surprised it sounds like CD
Really?

Not out yet

>tfw we will probably never see werehog sonic or chip again

I actually really like the way Manny Galan drew Sonic, shame he was stuck on Knuckles' book.

And nothing of value was lost

>youtube.com/watch?v=vGNeRMJnoBw
That's a pretty neat update

>tfw we will probably never see the worst two things about Unleashed again

T. Butt blasted Modernfag

Didn't someone say they had the issue scanned already and was waiting until after the stream?

GOOD

So what's the rumor about the new game might be going into the archie comic side of things?

People being idiots.

FINAL
BOSS
TIKAL

T H I C C

Never gonna happen.

You actually think they'd have characters that weren't Sonic or sonic in a game?

I came

WE GOTTA GO
T H I C C E R

> comics
> canon

>tfw this guy started drawing because of you
what on earth have I unleashed onto this world

Link to the rumor?