/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Just Like Make Game or Whatever Edition.

> Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

> Next Demo Day (Ten)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

> Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/tlmxtlbo
clyp.it/nbmekof4
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Amputee Edition

Second for anime

Third for ANIME IS NOT ALLOWED

Fourth for fuck off normies

>he thinks normie is an insult
How pathetic. Hope your waifu is proud of you.

First thing not based on something I've dreamt about, or well I have dreamt about it but it was not my original vision.

I'm not pathetic like you to have a waifu

It's not an insult friend its a simple fact that normies don't belong here.

a quick and dirty test of the expedition system

this is not r9k

so what constitutes as a normie in your mind?
I hate all your animes, 'lewd' games and furry shit. Am I not a normie?

Normies get out rer

Hahahahahahaha

'no'

I can't wait to go to work on Monday, and hang out with friends after work throughout the week, and then probably go to a party at the weekend, and maybe even have sex with one or two women

off to a great start

Look at this catalog and you might understand

Rate my music
clyp.it/tlmxtlbo

nth for OFFICIAL AGDG SHIRT

This is a hostile takeover. This thread belongs to normies now. If you look worse than this, leave.

>clarent isn't 1MA anymore
>new shmup roguelike thing isn't 1MA

are the 1MAs dying out?

confident I can finish this guy today

That is pretty aesthetic

>normies took over
Have fun guys im out

More dialog progress, I added simple speech bubbles so they characters can talk outside of using the standard dialog system.
Next step will be adding some indicator that someone is talking, so they play can know if someone is literally talking behind his back.

I'm a solodev

I'm still 1man making a fairly simple game but it's still taking forever.

Why would you do this? Are you too autistic to work with others?

Because

Yes

there are more 1MAs than even grills are trying to 1MA at this point, but 1MA games have 99.99% mortality rate since deving a game that isn't complete shit or pong takes months of full time work and almost nobody can afford that, even if you are a need it still means giving up your whole social life as well, so you game is either shit or you have no free time at all
deving with multiple people leaves you with decent free and work time

I have two artist friends and both of them are too lazy to help me with my game.
Also →

The 1MA has always been a meme. Real devs with actual real progress and a promise of a finished game are not 1MA.

Meanwhile the C++ tryhard l2art barely have a running demo.

I'm currently working on getting some levels in the game and still did jack shit for art

It feels slow but I don't want the game to run too fast for people who aren't too good at it, so I guess I'll add an optional faster difficulty.

Finishing something > "freedom"

I unironically love your character

Reminds me of these things

The only thing stoppping you from finishing something as a solodev is yourself. The same can't be said when you work with other people.

you didn't though, that drawing is pretty crappy, do with solids colors and not crayons and it will look much better

True. But I think I'll finish since the game I'm making is relatively simple.
People who plan out massive RPGs as 1man must either rethink their idea, or set aside years.

>that drawing is pretty crappy
Where's your drawing nodev?

can we stop the C++ and enginedev hate

The worst thing is when other people leave when half of the work is finished, all that wasted time, best things are coop groups on agdg because people leave on the second day and no time was wasted

can you stop trying to force your shit

It's not even just enginedev hate, it's 1MA hate which is pretty deplorable. 1MAs are to be respected.

Someone suggested leaving the cakies behind when they die, because I guess a pile of smooshed cupcakes is a thing they wanted? I don't know.

Not sure if I care for it yet, but showing for feedback anyway.

I've been doodling all night so this is all I got.

I'm glad you guys like the agdg-tan design this time, I will try to draw better images of her if they're going to actually be used for things. I am embarrassed by my sketches now.

make an alternative crouch stance - a pelvic trust limbo bend

>Someone suggested leaving the cakies behind when they die
And that was a stupid idea, unless you plan to have room transitions allowing you to clean up the sprites once in a while.

That seems a bit macabre considering the cute tone of the game. Like piles of cupcake corpses. I think they should just disappear. Imagine playing mario and being like look at all those dead goombas.

Anyone know a good 2d level editor to add to unity ? a free one...

tiled

you're right, that list is a great justification for doing this for money. because who cares about agdg having existed for years and who cares about the hundreds of people who came here and failed miserably? nobody. follow your dreams user, do it for the money.

thanks

RoR had persistent corpse sprites, and it worked fine. I think it's a neat effect, but as the other poster said, it probably doesn't fit the lighthearted, cutesy theme of the game too well.

>hundreds of people who came here and failed miserably

99% of the games that get posted here never make it to the finish line, the record for actually finished decent games doesnt seem that bad

delete this

Nice, I'd buy one

Rate my music
clyp.it/nbmekof4

Dialog test.
Still no game.

I chortled, keep up the good work bro

I kind of like the player having battles where they can see the enemy bullets but not the enemy themselves. But on the other hand I agree that the feedback is not there and even with better feedback it might not be great gameplay. Currently my intention is to only use the situation sparingly by designing levels that don't allow it and then improve the hit feedback. I'd like to have somewhat nonlinear levels so it could be the player's choice to engage in this kind of combat. There is also a good chance that I will say fuck it and add the distance cap. Oh shit I just remembered I want to add damage attenuation anyway.

rip

That's because these threads are filled with delusional people who think that they are making good stuff, when in reality it is just a steaming pile of shit.
There are like less than 10 games that could be considered decent in these threads in the past few months, half of them won't ever even be completed probably.
As for myself, I'd like to think I am self-aware and I'm quite confident that I can finish a decent game, though in the eyes of others my game probably is garbage as well.

> if it die, you lose

Transitions would probably clean most of the sprites if I were to keep this in.

I wouldn't use it for cakies though, I don't think. Story-wise they aren't important enough to warrant it.

There are a few enemies that I have planned to leave behind corpses, so it's not entirely outside the theme. I'm just not sure it works for the cakies.

Make me a sandwich

lmao at these bitter 1MA neverfinishdevs trying to justify their reclusive idiocy

What's strange about it? Isnt it like that in 99% of games out there?

I like it

why don't you learn read

Never finishing games is what is most profitable nowadays. Get on with the times grandpa.

It should be:
"If it dies, you lose".

post you're an game faggot i bet its shit

They're unfinished though.
I think if you really have the time and put in the effort, it's possible to polish a shit into a diamond. We just need to take a lot of user feedback from the demos we put up.
I didn't realize how shitty my controls were until I watched some of you guys on youtube play it. And I hope once I put in some better controls, someone will point out another shitty thing for me to fix. Eventually it will be decent.

>leg of an animal sticking out from under a heavy rock

Why did the idol game just disappear after demo day? What happened to 6dof witching? Why does this keep happening?

>he thinks I would reply with game progress when I'm shit-posting
you are more delusional than I thought

English not parent's tongue. Normal on internet.

People can't get past demo's.
Also MMBN-dev seems to have died as well.

Waifu games are always doomed

You seem insecure

he got destroyed in the user reviews which sapped all his motivations and he decided to quit

FUCK YOU

I might be wrong but I think bunnydev is working on astronaut girl game for space jam?

coward

>im_projecting.jpg

I heard he died in a car accident, quite tragic actually

Bunnydev here, I disappeared to work on space jam. I'll go back to it as soon as the jam ends.

Well if you're going to be making your game in English, or atleast have it as a language. You should make sure it's correct.

yeah your fraid arncha faggot?

why make you english spoken game then

Told ya

But poorly translated games are the best

You can tell that penguin doesn't believe in what he's saying. In fact it looks like he's being held at gunpoint. Your image had the opposite of its intended effect

>Open Asset Import Library exists

And I was trying to figure out how to load an .fbx file myself...