/hbg/ Homebrew General

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Developer tools for 3DS and Wii U are easily available now:developer.nintendo.com/register

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VfQY6O0Buc8
youtube.com/watch?v=30gzdqikv1A
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-MSET)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cart-Update)
nichegamer.com/2016/07/05/paper-mario-color-splash-will-focus-on-non-rpg-elements/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lookin nice
youtube.com/watch?v=VfQY6O0Buc8

youtube.com/watch?v=30gzdqikv1A
Can't wait to pirate, right guys.

I just completed the guide and started playing some games. Thanks for all the help mah dudes.

Does a hacked 3ds require any maintenance from here on out?

Thinking of switching from rxTools to Luma but have some questions.
What happens to my emuNand? Will that still be used?
How does Luma work? Does it still use the emuNand or the sysNand?
How does it boot? Currently I have rxTools booting through ctrboot. Does that still work?

So I haven't been around in months but I have just updated Luma3DS to latest and my 3DS to 11.0

You can download shit from your 3DS directly now? How does it work? Spoonfeed me.

Also has there been any banwaves

>IF YOU ARE ON A FOREIGN CONSOLE (AUS, EU, JPN, etc) THEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
>IF YOU ARE ON A FOREIGN CONSOLE (AUS, EU, JPN, etc) THEN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

No
:3

You are changing an entry point to emunand. Not emunand. NOTHING on emunanf will be touched, just the startup to it. No more or less

Why does my 3DS take screenshots all the time, even when I don't press the home button?

freeshop
CIAngel

figure out the details yourself.

I have a .sav file from bravely default on my computer. Is there anyway to get this save file into a digital game without a retail game card?

You need the tickets specifically not so much the games. You can retrieve a ticket from CIAngel or whatever and the entire game can be Dled straight from the Eshop afterward if you want.

I decided to pirate every Nintendo game after they said "Paper Mario games are now always gonna be action adventure because you already have the Mario and Luigi RPG games."

Is it currently possible to create little homebrew games on the WiiU?

How retardproof is the entire process if I never updated my o3ds beyond 9.2?

Also, I'm currently in tokyo amd considering getting a n3ds ll here. Does anybody know what firmware to expect from some shitty store in Akihabara?

obey the instructions and you're fine
disobey the instructions and you get a brick

It's the downgrade to 2.1 that worries me, but I'll stick to the instructions ofc.

Still, there's a lot of people asking a lot of questions in thse threads, so it can't b as easy as just following the guide

>I have a .sav file from bravely default on my computer. Is there anyway to get this save file into a digital game without a retail game card?

Is the save decrypted (that is, NOT from PowerSaves or grabbed directly from the "Nintendo 3DS" folder which would be named something like 00000000.sav)? If so, you can restore it as normal with JKSM. Just backup your current one first so it creates the folder structure on the sd.

Is there any homebrew pertaining to flipnotes?

It is, honestly, it's just that half the time the folks either:

A. Did not fully follow the guide to the letter.
B. Did not understand the guide.
C. Did not read the guide once through beforehand to have a basic idea of what's going on.

I'm about to follow the 3DS custom firmware guide. But real quick, what's the minimum nevermind found the answer

C is easily the dumbest thing I would say most have in common. Read the whole fucking thing ahead of time and keep all the files organized on your computer and SD.

Eventually you will have to redo a lot of the hacks over again since multiple formats of emunand and sysnand are required. Stop operating under the assumption you will brick (which is highly unlikely) allowing fear to confuse you and just fucking do it.

>C is easily the dumbest thing
C is easily the greatest programming language.

Sounds like a waste of SD space senpai

Eh, that's subjective, user. I rather go for C++ instead of pure C

My friend just bough a o3DS and the version is 11.0.0-33U - he can hack it, right?

Did anyone figure out how to unlock flipnotes? I want to make gifs

If yours has a CFW, yes.
look for answers before posting this kind of shit user

So im doing a blasphemous thing today which is going out and plan to buy some 64 microSD that are like 18 to 22 shakles.

Memes aside for a moment, will a Samsung do just fine like a Sandisk? Thats in case if i cant find the samsung one.

>buying a used o3ds

both brands are fine
I have a sandisk ultra

I personally use sandisk but i have never used a samsung. Is why i asked if on the event i dont find a sandisk but find a samsung.

Also i presume that i need to format the microSD with maybe SD Format(?) with 32kb cluster for it to work fine on my a9lh n3ds?

>just straight up raw C
user you animal

What's the best way to get a 2DS 6.0 to 9.2?

I used this to format it to fat32 but yeah and you can't do it with windows alone
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm
just copy files over afterward and it'll work perfectly

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-MSET)

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cart-Update)

Seems legit. Will do. i figured that windows woudnt work because its even a bitch with small cards on my experience.

Got all the info i needed and now im off to find a class 10 microSD. Cheers

SanDisk isn't what it used to be. It's all made in China, while Samsung is made in Korea and currently producing some of the most stable flash memory. I recently had 2 SanDisks corrupt, so I started paying attention.

Appreciate it.

I have a 16 and 32 sandisk that has yet to fail me even with all the abuse i give them with taking them in and out from PC to 3DS. 16 gig has been with me for 2 years and 32 for almost 7 months. Couple of 4 and 8 gigs for 3 to 4 years. But ill give samsung a shot if i find them

>Having fun with DOOM
>prboom crashes randomly all the fucking time

Praise smea.

Where did they say that?

Is there a better DOOM for 3ds? Last time I bitched about the instability someone said there was a much better one but the user never got back to me when I asked for a link.

user lied. He just went on the internet and told a big fib.

>In order to differentiate these two series that we have running concurrently, we’ve tried to focus more on the non-RPG elements for the Paper Mario games.

nichegamer.com/2016/07/05/paper-mario-color-splash-will-focus-on-non-rpg-elements/

After reading a bunch of guides I conclude that even if I manage to get HBL in this 11.0 3ds, it's pretty much useless, is that right?

>C++
>not just C with Vectors

Mainly good for backing up or transferring saves. Once in a while a translation patch works with it.

Thanks guys for the guides. Got to A9lh and luma on my 3ds. Which way do you prefer in getting your games?

Angelcia/Freeshop or just downloading cias from sites? I've been doing the latter at the moment

If I uninstall a game that asked me for an update (Like Pokemon, OoT, Smash) but don't delete the update, if I ever redownload the game the system will use that previous one right?

to anyone with a ps3.

is it safe to use online in a modded ps3, or at least using bought/downloaded DLC?

i just got the GGXrd Dizzy free download for my ps3, but not sure if it's gonna work, kinda of a ps3cfw noob....

I apologize in advance for being a fucking retard.
I just recently learned how to pirate wiiU games to play TMS#FE uncensored, but I can't figure out how to play with the DLCs.
I know I need to start the game with SSBB to play with the DLCs, but how do I dump them on the SD in the first place? DDD is confusing to me, do I need to own the game as well to dump the DLCs? I only bought the japanese version but I doubt that would help

>Tfw installed freeshop and downloaded OoT3D and ALBW
>tfw my used game store pays 55$ for those games
Feels good man.
In another topic, are No More Heroes (PS3), Metal Gear Rising Revengance and 3D Dot Game Heroes any good?

does anyone has problems with monster hunter gen on cfw?
When I tried to launch it I got till the start menu screen and then it crashed.
Now I deleted it and I'm trying to install it from the eShop, will it work?

What are my options for a homebrew pokemon bank?

Your only choice is PHBank.

>wind waker HD finally got its price reduced from 60 euros to 30 euros after 3 years
>was still cheaper to buy an SD card

Like hell am i paying AAA price for an upscaled 14 year old game i already own

So is there anyway to install homebrew/downgrade from 10.7 without paying over 40 fucking dollars for a game I'm never going to use for anything else again?

I've been searching for alternatives for days.

Buy ninjahax preowned and return

Eh, I guess that's also OK

To any of you PS3 guys out here.
If I have a cfw 4.78 and I want to update to 4.80, do I need to go through the whole deal of updating it from a thumb drive? or is there a faster way from withing the CFW?

if you're already on cfw then just updating the cfw is pretty straightforward with a usb. i don't know why you want a different way of doing that

you can make a folder on the hdd0 called updater or something like that and can just store the .pup in numbered folders.
Double check the folder name and starting number because I can't remember.
Then you press the update button on the xmb and select storage, it's one of the star options.

I'd upgrade Luma or >cakes every once in a while.

I'm trying to use PlaiSysUpdater to downgrade, but keep getting stuck on Yellow screen.

Is this normal? I remember it being easier with regular SysUpdater.

>50 fucking bucks

If I can't get my money back for this I'm gonna be SO pissed

3D Dot Game Heroes is From Software. Go get it.

I can't get savedatafiler to work. I installed the cia found in the pastebin (11.4). I dunno if this is outdated or won't work with luma. I just wanted the extras for MH gen from a MH4 savefile. Is there any other way to do it (besides dl'ing mh4)?

to clarify, it just goes to the an error has occured screen as soon as I open it from the menu

how can i use my og r4 on my new3ds with luma3ds and arm9lh?

How difficult would it be for someone to modify OoT3D so that the Master Quest doesn't have a mirrored world?

Is that type of thing possible with currently existing tools?

Hey Veeky Forums,
My old 3ds is on the newest firmware, so i can't install cfw on it.
I have been thinking about buying a new 3ds, and was wondering if it would be possible to install cfw on the new 3ds, then update it to the newest firmware and do a system transfere from the old 3ds to the new one.
This would allow me to keep all my old games, and get the benefits of the cfw.

Hey, thanks for keeping us updated on your current thoguhts!

can I pirate nds games on a modded 3ds?

Let me rephrase:
Would it be possible to install cfw on the new 3ds, and then make a system transfer from the old 3ds to the new one, so that the new 3ds would have all of my old stuff + cfw?

use the slot1 loader.

I don't know about any of that but you can just use homebrew to back up all your saves and then import them on your N3DS

how can i back up the saves from the original 3ds if it does not have cfw/homebrew?

By getting homebrew on it, there's several entrypoints that work on 11.0, you just can't downgrade

thank you so much :D

When the guide is all said and done, which backups are worth keeping around? There's like eight fucking backups here.

better safe than sorry my senpai

any cool stuff that I could do with a fat PSP-1000? firmware not upgraded in ages.

>Messing around in my 11.0 never ever 3ds
>look notifications
>tells me 9.6 update available
>mfw nintendo shoving in my face I'm fucked
One day you fucking chinks, one day

You will genuinely want to update it using OFW, the entire device is pretty much ours. We've gone full circle.
They want you to boot into cfw mode now but you can just patch your shit to boot back in, what weirdo decided stacking cfw on top of legit again was a good idea.
That said bugger all besides the usual free games shit is on offer, the homebrew scene has gone into deep sleep.

could I use a backup of an o3ds to fix a n3dsxl with a bootrom error and a hardmod

It's finicky as fuck about how you install it. Go ahead and delete the title (such as with FBI), then restart. Then install it with DevMenu. Notice the icon doesn't even show up. Restart, and you'll have it show up and work.

Is this for the 3ds?
I never had to do this before, why now?

>when you want to mod your VWii but you need to buy a 2gb SD card

Nobody has had to do this, and he's offered no real explanation why he is convinced they do.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

its so you can go online on some out of region games

>not willing to spend literally less than $5 for a cheap ass sd card.

You can just do that anyway. You used Monster Hunter as an example. I've played every title since 3U and owned a Japanese 3DS and the cartridges and the cia files and no matter what console I matched any of them up with I never had to do anything special.

I already could. And still can actually.
Also, doesn't luma already have regionfree?
So what's the point? Seems like a load of bull right now

What should I do if Lumas button payloads arent working at boot? The .3dsx is working fine, but if something goes wrong in the future, I need to use it at boot.

To install stuff with FBI is it really just scanning the QR code?

When I do it within sysNAND9.2!FBI it gives me the 'invalid argument 7 cert signature or hash check failed' error. OK...
When I do it within emuNAND11!FBI it installs properly until the end but the game doesn't appear in home screen (sys and emu) and doesn't open from FBI (both too).

Tried installing from cias from CIAngel and downloaded from pc without success either. Not even stuff like HBL.cia appear in the home menu;

/gbh/-chan, daisuki~