Are grit guards a meme?

are grit guards a meme?

no, they're pretty legit

For real? I put off getting one because I thought it was a meme too.

Guys it seperates the rag from the dirt that collects on the bottom. How the hell is it a meme? Its a necesity for my car.

>Washing your car with a rag

I'm sure he didn't mean it literally.

Right?

RIGHT?

They are great, using multiple grit guards is meme tier. Also the new GG washboard looks nice, esp when used with a MF mitt.

it'd be interesting to see if multiple grit guards does indeed reduce eddy currents significantly , it's a whole second layer of dead water volume after all

The level of faggotry in this post could only be the work of a namefag.

Uh the two bucket methodwith grit guard is an industry standard, not meme tier ya autist

Multiple grit guards in the same bucket frendo.

So does the dirt sink to the bottom when handwashing? Never seen or heard of this before

the idea is
>when washing, specifically when rinsing off your mitt every now and again during the hand wash phase of the wash
>dunk yo mitt down in the rinse bucket and scrape that shit along the grit guard at the bottom
>micro particulates of dirt and road grim sink to the bottom of the bucket, and the grit guard basically prevents water currents from agitating and lifting up the dirt particles, so they become "trapped" at the bottom of the bucket
>grit is not left on the mitt and doesn't stay on the mitt as you get more suds and continue to wash
>grit is what causes swirls

>never heard of gravity
intredastgn

>Not powerwashing off the grit then handwashing

>never heard of water soluable or a suspension
okay, all of you have to be trolling. just rinse the damned mitt off with a hose

>are grit guards a meme?
everything to do with car washing is a meme.

snow foam
microfibre
Clay bar
Glaze, sealant, Wax

All you need is a sponge and a bucket

>>>Washing your car with a rag

a 100% cotton rag would actually be very good to wash with

No.

>shitbox owner who has never had a car long enough to see scratches from my shitty technique develop

desu kill yourself senpai

everything in this post is wrong

only thing i could care less about is the snow foam

Not him, but I use a microfiber cloth. I prefer it over the car wash sponges because I could never get all the dirt out of the sponge but I can with a cloth.
>has never once done any of those things
See pic related

yeah i just use regular soap, and i've switched from a clay bar to a clay mitt.